Alert USAUnethical Business Practices

G

On February 2007, I purchased two emergency response monitoring systems from ALERT USA each at a cost of $325 plus $100 equipment deposit. I have been trying to close these accounts since February 2008 with no success.

First, they charged my credit card on February 1, 2008 with another year of service without my approval. Ten days later, ALERT advised me by letter of their action on February 10, 2008. My contract with them showed that funding was not due until February 17, 2008. With the help of VISA, I was able to stop payment and get this $650 reversed.

Second, although I returned the emergency response monitoring equipment to them they did not return the $200 equipment deposits. They advised that I had not returned two smoke alarms. The smoke alarms were not integral components of the emergency response systems. When I offered to purchase and send them two smoke alarms meeting their specification, they advised that was not acceptable and that I was being charged $100 each to replace them.

Third, after taking my $200 of deposits they now say that I owe an additional $18.75 for each contract because I did not return their smoke alarms in time. I sent them the $37.50 just to rid myself of their annoyance and now they claim that I still owe $18.75. I have called each month for the last three months to resolve this issue, and have been assured that it is resolved, but I continue to receive a bill the following month.

I am tired of this company harassing me over a charge that I have paid in full many times over.

The City of New York needs to cancel their license to do business. ALERT USA is a poor reflection on New York, and their business practices are highly unethical, annoying, and harassing in nature.

• Af
    Affiliatebot Fraud Company May 16, 2012

I am AffiliateBot Affiliate member.Affiliatebot comapny Fraud My Commission $2415.00, Jan-2012 bot not paid and not any Reply mail
    So all People I request you not Trust Affiliatebot Company.This Company Chitter and Fraud.

Christina Marie Cox Sep 06, 2016

My mother ordered a unit from Alert USA. We sent it back August 19 and still they say the haven't gotten it yet. I sent it to the only address that they gave me and still nothing. They have taken out 2 payments for a device she doesn't have. Customer services was very rude and nasty to me. I am trying to get the money back that is due to my mother and no one is willing to help me on their end. I am going to the better business bureau and the Federal Trade commission on this company. I strongly recommend that you don't use this company. They are a ripoff.