Menu

complaints

Aldi Complaints Summary

20 Resolved
242 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Aldi with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Aldi has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Aldi. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Aldi complaints 262

Sort by:

Newest Aldi complaints

D
9:48 am EST

Aldi 3 lb turkey breasts

I purchased 2 of the 3 lbs Kirkwood boneless turkey breasts for Thanksgiving. I cooked them how package said to the "T" and when we were ready to eat I cut the first one and my husband and I had a small piece and had to throw the other part of it and the other whole one in the trash as they were terrible and had no taste what so ever. We shop at Aldi's in Indiana Pa 15701 USA every week sometimes twice weekly and have never been disappointed. I am just thankful that I didn't have these turkeys when I had company. They didn't have a price on turkeys but they were $8 and some odd change for each one. As you would imagine we didn't have a very Thankful dinner, I was and am very very disappointed.
Thank-you,
Debbie Robson
185 Whippoorwill St
Indiana, Pa 15701
USA
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Whatever you deem right!

9:53 am EST

Aldi Experienced poor, negative, sick, illegal, criminal services

Shop members are verbally attacking and hindering my and other clients buying choices when purchasing products from vegetables and fruits sections. That is happening time and time again. On many visits, shop members were raising pollution and ethical miss conducts. They are rude and sick. Very, very angry and misusing their duties. They are always misinformed and trouble making. Day to day shop experiences are very dangerous and sickening. They don't wear masks on day-to-day habits. They are always oppressive and hindering customers relations to products. When asked about something, it usually takes too much time for the information to get to the client. We as people who value Our time and many want them fired and bring into attention. They do not know English or German or Spanish or French languages. They only speak in polizh terrorist slang and abusive and racial terms and sentences. Furthermore, they are noisy and many times over ill when interacting with them one can smell alcohol, drugs, medicine, stains. Ill behaviour norms and standards. Understand that each member of this shop needs to be fired and replaced with other one. They pose something very, very disturbing when asked in a polite way about something, and even when not asked at all. We observed many critical misbehaviours when paying for Your Great products. They typically hinder the process and state of customer experiences when paying at the cash receiver. They misconduct the prices and their standard operating procedure. If You do not make any changes to the sick and dangerous stuff in this shop, We will start legal and media attention with brand and company negative sides - ALL CAUSED BY POLIZH SICK AND PATHOLOGICAL LAYERS IN THAT SHOP. Poland Wloclawek Wieniecka 17a. Today 26.11.2021 12:00 We were oppressed and denied buying possibilities in Your fine Shop - as it happen on many occasions. We want to convince You that the shop clearing and cleaning procedures are the worst in the town. Stuff does not want or even have a desire to clean and maintain standard operating procurers for the betterment of Customer and Shop experiences. We want to stay to You that this is happening for the third year in a row, and We as people of this world will not stand up for this. Make changes to the stuff, or We will go for Legal means of claiming Our values and norms, standards.

Standards and norms which are expressed on Your international webpages and portals have to be met - they are not met in this shop. We represent a group of many people who wish to have a good and valuable customer experiences. Trust Us and fired those people - management as well.

We will go Legal if You do not respond with firing those people. From what We know this is happening in all shops in this town and country such as Lidl Aldi Tesco Kaufland and the list goes on and on.

Investigate and fire those shop stuff in order to make more money.

We only have Aldi and Lidl and Kaufland to go by with Our Needs in this Town - to buy fresh and organic Vegetables and Fruits and Water and Juices.

They always talk to them self and use negative behaviours.

Stop those ill people from this shop of ever appearing in this shop again.

They always have dirty vocals and dirty cloths.

They use expressions of their pathological language for treats such as - saying to the customers they're going to call the police, or they insist for better judgment upon customer experience when not asked for it.

Respond with Legal and HR principle, or PR and Brand and Mark loyalty will be hindered.

Today We - many times in past three years- wear said to clean and clear the products from the shells - that is sauries malfunction from the stuff members and their security stuff.

That kind of behaviours are innate to polizh stuff. They are always like that. Fired those stuff sickening experiences, or we will resolve this in the court of Law at the International Levels and Junctions.

By all means necessary, You want and need to fire those stuff - potential fraud and illegal actions convicts.

We were abused, and we lost many values and dignity on each and every occasion in those shops.

Execute HR and PR protocols. Hire new stuff because present stuff in this shop exploits customers by means of negative behaviours, negative treats, negative assessments, negative misuse of language, negative advising, negative consulting, negative shop products placements, negative and miss information about price range and country origin of given products, negative floor cleaning by disrespectful words when cleaning the surfaces, negative and outdate meat and diary placements, negative and dirty packages, negative and worsening customer experiences doings, negative and ill appearances, negative relations with customers, negative money exchange sequence at the cash receiver, negative customer relations to new products, negative use of information about products, negative smoking of stuff outside the main entrance, negative use of drugs and narcotics, negative code of conduct, negative stuff shifts, negative and sick duties.

We want to fire the manager of this shop because he is the most disrespectful and mad stuff choice in this shop.

We will go for the Courts when this stuff choice keeps its position in this shop.

polizh stuff works in many negative ways and pathological norms. Aldi is an international Brand with many ways to growth and provide many good products for Customers.

Aldi on the International Level should place individual cash receivers and provide more know how about products and their usage. Attain products placements strategies with the latest vegan trends and science breakthroughs.

Upgrade the Mobile Apps with the latest from: tourism, sports, health, productions, constructions and client portfolio of ideas.

polizh people are all the same. They only possess negative and pathological behaviours. There is no drug that can impose anything of use for this ill, negative, sick, poor, criminal, deadly, toxic, drug defined, legally and scientifically outdated terrorist Nation.

Please use any sort of means to bring justice and stuff of this shop to a closed deadline.

polizh terrorism

Desired outcome: Firing stuff

12:12 pm EDT

Aldi Aldi lookup procedures

The aldi site can be confusing and time wasteing
Unlike woolies or coles I cannot type a simple item query eg."tomatoes" and get a list of the available items but instead have to usethe fixed nested listings inthe hope of finding the item and availability!
Frank jackson golden beach 4551

Desired outcome: A DIRECT LOOKUP PROCEDURE GIVING PRICE AND LOCAL AVAILABILITY

7:02 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aldi I'm trying to fill out a complaints form but it wont accept my phone number

I'm trying to fill out a complaints form but it wont accept my phone number

Desired outcome: any help would be appreciated

4:14 pm EST

Aldi Deceptive meat product practice

Today when I opened package to get ready to cook my pork-chops bought at the Haines City store, the bottom two chops where half fat and half gristle. I weighed the waste it came to twelve ounces. I paid $7.98 for the package. Unit price was 2.76lb. or 17.25 an ounce — Waste 12oz * 17.25 or $2.07. This is totally unacceptable. I am in the process of letting everyone know how the public is being deceived by ALdi. The unusable meat was deliberately placed on the bottom of the package to cheat the buying public.

M
11:15 pm EST

Aldi checkout service

Several days ago I went to Aldis in Lawrence, Kansas. The checkout clerk heloed the couple in front of me bag their groceries at the checkout stand. I only had a few items. I brought my own shopping bag with me. When i tried to bag my items at the checkout counter like the couple before me, the clerk tossed my items into the bottom of my cart like they were trash, and told me to move to the side to bag my items. She then ordered me to bring the cart back when I was done. She was very disrespectful, and insulting in her behavior towards me. I would not have held up the line.

Desired outcome: Checkout clerks need to stop acting like it‘s a race. Not everyone moves at the speed of light. Courtesy to customers, not ordering customers around.

H
1:07 pm EST

Aldi Apple Strudel

You many want to redo the directions for the strudel.

I did convection for 30 minutes and could not do that long since the top started burning.

But then when I ate it the insides were gooey and not cooked.

May want to bake it in the oven on 350 for an hour.. no 400 cook. I will buy another and try that.

I grew up on apple strudel so I won;t give up... others... might leave it all for me...LOL>

I will let you know how i do...

Helene Porath

Desired outcome: Do not get rid of the strudel for lack of interest. Gotta be a way to cook them.

12:03 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aldi Horrible attitude at stocklands burleigh shopping centre

Firstly having an online complaint process radically decreases the ability of people to complain!

I visited the Stocklands store on Sunday 7 November, I believe it was. I was returning a yoghurt container which I believe was contaminated with hair.

I approached the check out girl and her attitude was immediately aggressive. "Do you have a photo?" she said. No, I responded as it was not something together with disgust that I thought about.
Her response was "go wait over there"; no please or anything. She called for the manager.

This person was Josh (assistant manager) who I immediately advised of the attitude of the check out person. His response was "I will deal with the staff just get to what the problem is"

Where do you find these people?

I told him what the problem was & his attitude did not change - "well, do you want a replacement?"

At that point I advised him I would take it back to Miami where I purchased it as I did not want his attitude or any grief.

I did this and the attitude at Miami was totally different - it is the best store you have on the Gold Coast without doubt!

Brett the manager was polite, respectful and helpful. Thank you Brett. Aldi Miami really deserves a pat on the back all round!

I would not give you 20 cents for the approach taken by the Stocklands Burleigh staff. They were awful.

Desired outcome: Get some new staff at burleigh Stocklands and be more careful in your hiring practices

2:30 pm EST

Aldi Cattleman's Ranch bacon wrapped chuck tenderloin

I have never tasted dog meat but I would not feed this item to my dog.

When I purchased this, I thought it would at least taste like meat, I
could not even explain what it tasted like as I have never tasted anything
this bad that called itself meat.

Aldi's would not honor a return because I had a delivery service deliver my groceries. They tell you the delivery service is responsible for their products.

I spend $13 and was embarrassed to serve this food.

Desired outcome: A refund of my $13

Read full review of Aldi

Aldi's corporate customer service called me and sent me a gift card for the purchase.

2:00 pm EDT

Aldi Ben and Jerry’s purchase

I'm complaining about the choice of purchasing a product that is so controversial! They have openly stated that they will no longer ship their ice cream to Israel (God's chosen people). "Those who curse Israel will be cursed themselves and those who bless Israel will be blessed"! Maybe this product should be questioned as I always thought ALDI was Christian company. Thank you for reading my concern.

Read full review of Aldi and 2 comments
2 comments
Come See
Dallas, US
Jan 16, 2022 7:01 pm EST

The licensing agreement expires in December 2022, and Unilever will not renew it, the company said.

"Although Ben & Jerry's will no longer be sold in the OPT, we will stay in Israel through a different arrangement. We will share an update on this as soon as we're ready."

NBC News July 19, 2021, 3:59 PM CDT

Jay Epstein
, US
Nov 04, 2021 10:25 pm EDT

A female shift supervisor created an altercation and threatened to have police remove me claiming I asked one of her (notice HER) employees if he was circumcised and what he thought of it ! This actually happened in Boiling Springs, SC November 2.

3:56 am EDT

Aldi Store manager of Echuca Victoria Australia

On Wednesday 13th October 2021 around 12.30pm I entered the Echuca Aldi store to buy paint
There was no sign in sheet at the front door, as there usually at Aldi stores
I loaded the paint into my trolley and went to the check out. The cashier asked if Iscanned in, to which I replied "no".
He said he couldnt serve me and needed to get his manager. I told him that he was actually committing an offence under consumer law 94H. He said it wasnt up to him and proceeded to call his manager over
A young man with short dark hair called Josh asked the cashier what the problem was. The cashier informed the manager that I didnt scan in.
The manager paid no attention to me not even making any eye contact with me. He simply grabbed at the paint tins in my trolley and started to extremely quickly put them at the other checkout. I lowered my head down to his level and told him he was breaking the law, to which he replied "I dont care". I asked him "you dont care that you're breaking the law?" He said "no, I dont care". I asked him his name and he responded "I dont have to give you my name". He then just walked off and everybody just kept what they were doing, like this was completely normal in a democratic society.
To say I was shocked was a complete understatement
Are Aldi giving Marxist training to their managers?
Is this Australia or North Korea?
Amazingly their customer service line simply disconnects straight away and the Aldi online form is inaccessible.
A disgraceful way and a highly illegal way to conduct yourselves
Amazingly the penalty is 5 years in prison or 300 demerit points
I wonder how cocky this young manager will be in front of a judge?
I highly recommend customers spend their money elsewhere

Desired outcome: Better contact me first

5:15 pm EDT

Aldi I have not received a pay check for final days while employment

I am a former employee who worked for Aldi Asst for two weeks I gotten one paycheck for $82 and got no other paycheck since having left I was told by the manager of the month the store that I worked at and the one in Saint Augustine Florida that my time how to be punched in and that something went wrong and that corporate would have to take care of it and mail me a paycheck that has been for three weeks and I have yet to receive a paycheck and now it's been almost 2 months in total since I have gotten the paycheck from the time that I work there please take care of this as soon as possible

Desired outcome: To be paid

9:38 am EDT

Aldi Unethical behavior

I love shopping at Aldi, they have wonderful products and some things that I cannot find elsewhere.

I was in the line to check out my items on 10/8/21 at about 2:00pm at the Aldi located in Wappingers Falls, NY.

There was a man working the cash register; late 20's or 30 years old, dark hair and slightly balding with a round face.

The line was truly not as bad as I have seen, in fact only two customers waiting to check out, and there were two people managing cash registers, so shouldn't have been an issue for either the customers or the staff management.

While we were waiting in line the above mentioned young man yelled out "there are two lines, use both lines" in a very agitated manner. Meanwhile both registers were currently helping others check out. A few moments later after one more person checked out on each register, this man, very loudly and inappropriately yells out, even louder and much more impatiently "I said to use both lines, can't anyone understand, my God, then with a snarky clicking of his mouth as if to say arrrgh while rolling his eyes! This was not lost on any of the customers who were within earshot and the expressions on their faces were all telling exactly what I was thinking!

I am am recently retired and have worked in customer services my entire career and love to walk around in stores and grocery areas and I have never witnessed any behavior such as this in my life. I wouldn't be writing if I this if it were mildly inappropriate, but this was extremely over the top like he was scolding a dog or a naughty child.

I would love for this to be tended in order to sacrifice any potential inappropriateness to customers in the future. These are difficult times, yes, but we should embrace our community and not grind people into the ground with whatever isn't going your way. Just a little kindness goes a long way. No one should ever be spoken to like this.

Respectfully,

Angela D

Desired outcome: Disciplinary action with final warning to this man and most definitely Supervision

G
8:00 pm EDT

Aldi Towels and bath rugs

We purchased 4 bath sheets, 2 hand towels and 2 bath rugs from Aldi Greensborough, Vic. Australia on the 11.8.21. I washed them before use, as suggested on the labelling. They have been in use and laundered weekly since then. I was hoping that, with use, they would become more user friendly. But am finding this is not the case. The towels do not absorb moisture from the body and are ineffective as a towel. The bath rugs similarly, do not absorb moisture and feel wet and cold on the feet.
I feel that at a cost of over $100.00 they are not good value for money.
Yours Sincerely
Glenys Tallack
Phone number: [protected]
Email: [protected]@bigpond.com

Desired outcome: I feel that at a cost of over $100.00 they are not good value for money and I would like to return them and be reimbursed.

B
2:29 pm EDT

Aldi Millville protein chewy bar

Item: Millville Protein Chewy Bar. Peanut, Dar Chocolate & Almond.
Code printed on wrapper: APR 20 22201, 21:01

When the chocolate bar is taken out of the wrapper, glue from the packaging is visibly stuck to the chocolate. I feel like the glue should not be eaten and it is hard to scrap off. Please address with manufacturing to keep this glue from coming off onto the food.

Desired outcome: Address with manufacturing

8:39 pm EDT

Aldi Unnecessary line at the Doral FL Aldies

We complained last fall before I went back to ny about the lines in the store while the 5 employees were stocking shelves there was a line of 20 shoppers and one register opened.

Aldies actually called me and assured that the area manager would ensure a more efficient Aldies experience.

Well I am back at the Doral FL Aldies yesterday and nothing has changed except the customers are fewer and the line are longer.

See attached pic
Cashier Stephen who finally called in the other registers.

Cash register numbers

6348 477/083/005/031 08/14/21 4:33PM

Desired outcome: Get the employees on the registers. Up north you would be all fired. We never stand in lines.

N
1:03 pm EDT

Aldi Lovin’ Fresh white bread

Found a live bug in my loaf of bread. Apparently my complaint is too short but that's as much to the point as one can get. New loaf of white bread with a live bug. Picture attached.
Vernon, CT location

Read full review of Aldi and 1 comment
1 comment
R
R
Rtusa1
Louisville, US
Aug 11, 2022 3:56 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The last 6 weeks I've bought the Loven Fresh wraps every pack, every one was stuck to the other, and they tear. Never did this before, what is the cause?

Frozen previously?

D
11:11 pm EDT

Aldi 'the cake stall' light fruit cake 465g

I do all our families shopping at Emu Plains Aldi. We find your range is sufficient for our taste and your prices are very reasonable.
On the 21.07.21 I purchased x2 "The Cake Stall" Light Fruit Cake 425g for $2.99 each.
Today, Friday 6th August, whilst eating a slice of the cake I bit down on something small and very hard which caused a chip to be taken out of the top of one of my lower right teeth.
I retrieved the foreign body and examined it. It is about 3x2 mm and is like a small piece of dark coloured stone. I dont believe it is a piece of nut shell or similar because it is too hard.
I can see there is a chip out of the top of one of my lower right teeth and can feel the damage with my tongue. Its not hurting, thankfully, because we are all in lockdown here and I presume my dentist would be too.
I'm not a complainer and I understand that these things happen however I can see that I will need to have this looked at at some stage and, if it can be, the tooth repaired.
I am writing to bring the matter to your attention and to ask for your advice as how to proceed. I have the foreign body and have taken some pictures of it together with the cake and receipt.
I apologise for having to write and bring this to your attention. Your advice as to how to proceed is sought.

Regards

B. Edgecombe [protected]@tpg.com. au

Desired outcome: Examine the inclusion. Determine what it is. Obtain quotation for tooth repair. Reimburse repair tooth repair cost.

7:25 am EDT

Aldi Warranties

I purchased A 18 vLi-lion Dual nail/staple gun on 20/08/2018 not used it much when I tried to use the firing pin broke contacted Aldi and was referred to Worx Who handle warranties who refused to accept my order number and date as proof of purchase have tried to contact Aldi by phone put on and sent online sales sat and listened to music when answered said wrong dept and offered to put on hold while contacting online sales I had enough and hung up

E
2:19 pm EDT

Aldi store management

First know that I found and started shopping at Aldi probably 50 years ago in Germany so was very excited when stores came to the US. I have shopped at the East Capital Dr store in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, since it opened many years ago and will continue to shop there. But I just found out there is a new manager who today looked lost! Why on earth weren't one of the LONG TIME employees promoted. David and Stacey, for example, have been with the store forever. They know all the customers, are very knowledgeable and helpful and should have been promoted. Others I've mentioned this to have been very surprised that one of the many fine employees already at the store were not promoted. The new manager is not even from this store. Please reward your amazingly fine employees and give them a chance to advance.
I expect to hear from you: I am at [protected]@reunionsmag, com

Desired outcome: that you promote amazing employees already at the store.

Overview of Aldi customer experience

Aldi, the popular discount grocery store, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers lately. Many customers have complained about the poor quality of the products, including expired items and produce that goes bad quickly. Others have reported rude and unhelpful staff, long checkout lines, and limited selection. Additionally, some shoppers have expressed frustration with the store's return policy, which can be strict and inflexible. Overall, it seems that Aldi has some work to do in order to improve the shopping experience for its customers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Aldi contacts