Airtel / Hello Tunesairtel hello tunes is very costly!

M

I've been trying to download a hello tune, based on the information given in the website of Airtel, by calling a direct no. [protected]. I've tried it several times, it asks for options from the menu. If they've mentioned that this is a direct call no. Why is it so that they are charging people @6 INR per min and that too asking for questions and options from the main menu. Ideally a direct no. Shouldn't be asking so many questions and should directly start downloading the tunes. But this is not the case here and this according to me is fooling public. If they've mentioned in their site that this is the direct call no. then it shouldn't be asking for all the menu options, as listening to all the songs in the list is very costly (@6 Rs./min).

Thanks,
Manu.

Manikandan Apr 15, 2007

Airtel service is better than other service.

• Cl
    Claudia Fernandes Apr 22, 2007

A copy of email to Airtel:

I am an Airtel Pre-Paid Subscriber. I had called up your customer care number with regards to my hello tune issue. I have been requesting to cancel my hello tunes from the last three months but my query has not been sorted out. The hello tune subscription has not been cancelled inspite of speaking to your customer care officer Rizwan instead of helping me to solve my query he said there is no solution and dropped the call . I called back and spoke to Umesh and asked him to transfer the call to the supervisor on floor and he transfered me to Shahid who said he was the supervisor on floor. I explained the issue to him and he said that he would try to resolve the issue within 6 hours. If this is the service you provide I would have to change from airtel to some other company. (FYI: I have a recorded piece of the conversation had with Shahid).

• Ta
    Tawia Apr 22, 2007

I think you can dial 678121 (rs6 per minute) to cancel your hello tune

• Ne
    Neo Apr 26, 2007

When I asked them to cancel my HELLO TUNES subscription, the guy forced me to continue with it and asked why I want to cancel it. When I said that I thought its a costly affair (Rs.30 per Month) he suggested an alternative of paying upfront Rs.200 for HelloTunes rental for a year.

When I insisted strongly that I wanted to cancel, he asked me to dial *106# and immediately it was deactivated.

• Je
    Jennifer Wickins May 21, 2007

Airtel Hello Tunes are very expensive and even to the call charges 6Rs per minute is also to much to pay for downloading the songs. I want to know how can i deactivate the hello tunes. Can anybody help me.

Akash Sharma May 21, 2007

I agree with everyone over here and even i think that airtel should decrease the hello tune rate... It should b 3 rs per minute not moer then that... And ppl please dont get influenced by airtel people... They cheat us alot and will convince u badly to spend money n stuff.... So be careful

• Ar
    arun c May 22, 2007

display ur caller tunes

• 3f
    3funnysix May 30, 2007

Customer service simply sucks, I have had very bad experience with Airtel customer service, Rep don't speak English nor they understand. Actually there is no one to take the complaint. I have lost my money for nothing with Airtel.

• St
    star gurl May 31, 2007

Ya it does take a long time to reach the agent and one tends to get stuck in the IVR. But i finally got hold of one, and the solution to deactivate Hello Tunes is to SMS "DHT" to 700. Charges 3/- and the deactivation would be processed in 48 hours. You can call 678121 for immediate deactivation. Call charges 6/-.

• Ca
    Candida Jun 01, 2007

Ideally calls, to Airtel, for Hello Tunes should be free of charge. If Airtel subscribers are to pay for Hello Tunes, they should not be charging us for making inquiries. Can they justify.

What is the purpose of us posting our complaints on the web? Is the management planning to take charge to address our grievances? I wonder...

• En
    Ennette Jun 21, 2007

I tried to register for airtel hello tunes twice; on both the occasions they took 30Rs each so I was at a loss of 60RS and I did not get my hello tune at all... when I called cust service they had no record of it so I was told... are they even concerned; airtel customers should be treated with some due respect and pls we need some better customer service representatives...

• Pr
    Prinson Gohel Jun 22, 2007

I received one call from airtel branch for subscription of hellotunes, and the charge is Rs. 20, but they cut off Rs. 30 from my balance. I want to deactivate hellotunes as soon as possible. Also i want to stop the nonsense calls from airtel advertisements and sms of airtel advertisements.

• Ga
    Gayatri Jun 27, 2007

I do agree with you people... Every time i am losing some 45 + for these hello tunes... And sometimes people complain that they are not able to hear the hello tune while they call me... I don't know what this deception is...

• Ru
    RUPESH Jul 07, 2007

I want code of the hello tunes. But it is not on the net not on the customer care, and the song we like took a long time to find on the no-678, but after a long search we are unable to get it.

• Ka
    kalithas Jul 07, 2007

I want set hell0 tunes. I want particularly one song "yaar yaar sivam" tamil song from kamalhassan movie of "anbe sivam". I tried last two weeks. Still now i cant set that songs as a hello tunes. I tried song chattier method. But when i dialed 393, i got this is not a valid number. How i set that songs as a hello tunes.

• Gu
    Guru sravanth reddy Jul 10, 2007

Hi,

I faced these type of same problems,called one direct number gone through all the process. And successfully assailed hello tune, now my problem is when anybody calls from a landline they are not able to here hellotune and from the mobile hello tune is not clear, any have i am a scapegoat paying money monthly. I am not going to do this mistake next time.

AKSHAT SAXENA Jul 17, 2007

Firstly, they will apply d hello tune automatically and then deduct the money from balance.
    Secondly they use to send several msg.for pics but replying them, money will be deducted but no pic had been send. There funda is just to grab the money from customers nothing else.

SANDEEP SOLANKI Jul 20, 2007

I' m a customer of airtel from last 5 months and not receiving my original billing statement. I called cust. service regarding this issue. Airtel agent answered that re-send the request one more time. Every month the same concern going on. Overall, my complain is that airtel is one of the best service provider, but their customer service representatives are not like to be seated in such a good company. They have made it like a govt. Dept. Seriously i m very upset with the c.s. Behavior. They do not know how to talk with the customers and even they use abusive language. So, please!

sureshkumar Jul 24, 2007

I like tata networking.

sureshkumar Jul 24, 2007

How to download hello tune?

Akhil P Walia Aug 06, 2007

Without my permission AirTel signed me up for Hello Tune service. They gave me a month free trail and without my knowledge deducted 30rs at the end of trail period. Despite of my repeated requests to deactivate Hello Tune service during the trail period, no action was taken. I was given different complaint numbers everytime and false promises of 24-48 hours.

Till date HelloTune service is active and they even block my calls to 121 if I call up more then 7 times in a day. I strongly suggest that companies like AirTel that steal money like this from customers should be heavily penalized.

• De
    Deepa Gupta Aug 09, 2007

Yes! I also agree for all the complaints. Customer service simply sucks. I have had very bad experience with Airtel customer service. I have lost my money for nothing with Airtel. I m very upset with the c.s. Behavior. They do not know how to talk with the customers. I simply asked the one question that what should i do for the deactivated my caller tune, but no one ans. me properly.

Beware!

• Al
    allen juniour Aug 11, 2007

I have deactivated the hello tunes but still they cut me 1Rs everyday, f****k airtel. I'm shifting to idea next week.

• Ve
    veeru Aug 16, 2007

I want to deactivate my hello tune immediately. How can i deactivate hello tune. what is Message for cancellation hello tune.

Manish Potdar Sep 03, 2007

Someone tell me the hello tunes which are rental free. Or give the brief information about free hello tunes.

• Bi
    Binu Sep 03, 2007

Airtel service sucks...

• Je
    jeyram Oct 04, 2007

I am dial to *678#.But don't get helo tune menu?Why?Next when i deactive the hello tune?
    Please inform this details to [email protected],[email protected]

Thanks.

sunita suyal Nov 05, 2007

I just wanted to unsubscribe my caller tune!

Sambit Datta Nov 06, 2007

Its 543211 for deactivation now..!

Ankur Nov 13, 2007

First they lay hello tunes automatically and after they didn't tell
    how to deactivate it. Who say them to activate hello tunes on our numbers. We forget to deactivate it and after 30 days they deduct money from our account.

• Ms
    M Santos Dec 01, 2007

Why there has always been problems,with downloading hellotune, using the codes reflected in the internet for selecting a specific song. There should be a proper, systematic way of handling complaints. If a small thing like downloading a hellotunes, would upset most of airtel customers, then i surely think its gonna affect the company's reputation. I believe i m not the only one with the same issue!

• Vi
    viijay kumar Dec 13, 2007

I don't know whats wrong with Air tel m using my connection from last 5 years the same number. Every time i faced hell lot of problems. Now u guys introduced new Ivr. First a fall its a bad idea, If v sneez, we caughs, if i take a long breath it says sorry in don't understand. After saying customer care, the ivr says "i do understand that u want to talk to our cust care executive, but lets try one more time" bldy vr not playing with ivr nor with the airtel, after going through all these paine, u want us to talk politely to the cust care people. V calling to solve our problems not to time pass. v genuine cust. The cust care guys they don't how to speak english out 100 hardly 10 people speaks. Even I am working with cust care and v deal with the foreigners. But...

• Ra
    rafiq ahmed t.k. Dec 15, 2007

I tried to register hellotunes thrice but it was not activated and i lost 90rs. Now every month without any hellotunes rs 30 is being deducted. Repeated calls to cust. care to deactivate the hellotunes which is not present have proved futile.

• Re
    Rekha Dec 19, 2007

I want to deactivate my hello tune... can anyone help me???

• Mi
    Mithu Bhuyan Dec 24, 2007

Can anybody tell how to deactivate hello tune??? I have diled *106# but it shows unknown application.

• Vi
    vinitta Dec 30, 2007

hiii...plz let me know d hello tune code of "Nothings gonna change my love for you-Glenn"
    send d code 2 my id:[email protected]
    thank u very much.....

• Al
    Alok Kumar Singh Jan 06, 2008

i am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. Few months ago one hello-tune was down loaded automatically on my phone and rs. 30 were deducted. i wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care exec (oh, what the heck). They didn't reverted it back, neither refunded the money. I had to spend few more rupees to cancel it by dialing some number.

BUT TEHY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. I FEEL CHEATED BY THIS UNETHICAL PRACTICE OF THIS MEAN COMPANY. DON'T THEY HAVE ANY OTHER IDEA TO INCREASE THEIR PROFITS.

• Vm
    Vmurthy Jan 09, 2008

Airtel service is very poor these days and they are losing lot of customers. Customers are switching to Vodafone. Airtel is literally sucking money from prepaid customers and extra services they provide like hello tunes. The extras are very costly...

I even wrote to Airtel CEO, New Delhi. But nobody to bother. They will answer only when u file a law suit. If you have a genuine problem, please go ahead and file the case in consumer court. It is free and no need of a lawyer.

• Mr
    Mr. Aniruddha Purushottamrao Mohod Jan 22, 2008

My number is 9890932648 I live in Amravati Maharashtra
    Last Saturday I received an SMS stating "Thank you for choosing De De Thoda Pyar as your hello tune". Previously my hello tune was "Pratham Tula Vandito". I checked from another number whether my hello tune is changed. It actually changes. I never attemted to change my hello tune. It automatically changes. Before this I call a person whose hello tune was the same. But how can it automatically changes. I asked customer care executive. He agreed that I did not attempted to change the hello tune. And assured me that my hello tune will be changed in 24 hours. When I called on Monday. The CCE said since there used to be holiday on Saturday and Sunday the your request remains pending I will forward it. Then on Wednesday when I spoke to CCE he said somebody might have send SMS to change the hello tune. My 20 Rs was also deducted. I dont want this hello tune I want my hello tune back and also my Rs. 20 back. Airtel previously also played lots of jokes with me. Once in a call he was hearing me some hello tune songs. Then he asked me to press 1 to listen it again. I pressed 1 and suddenly the call disconnected. And I was charged some Rs. nearabout 15 to 30. Again once somebody gave me miss call. When I attempted to call back it says this number does not exist. Then after 2 misscall I suddently received the phone. He says there offer from Airtel My number is selected in a draw and I will be deducted Rs. 15 per month and my all outgoing calls will be Rs. 0.30 paise per minutes. It also proved a hoax.

santosh mishra Feb 02, 2008

airtel hellotunes active without my knowledge & now once i told to c.s to cancel but they didnnot deactivate & now airtel customercare donot respond my call.