Airtel Broadbanddsl usage charges

S Review updated:

Airtel (India) has been me charging Rs 60 per month on account od some Antivirus they provide "On-Request" to their broadband subscribers, even when I had never requested for it, and do not have it on my PC. When questioned, they try to placate by saying they will reverse the charges for the current month, and you wont be charged anymore for this. But they again and again keep charging in every months bill and have the same story to repeat every month, month after month, with no real resolution. I came to know of this fraud since I enquired, but I am sure there must be millions who do not realize and keep paying for these unauthorised charges.

This is just another scam like airtel pushing caller tunes to your cell without authorization and then charging for it.

• WHAT HAS BEEN COMMENTED UPON BY MR. SANJAY KSOO IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. IN OUR CASE TOO, THERE HAS BEEN A SURREPTITIOUS INCLUSION OF THIS MONTHLY CHARGE OF RS.60 PLUS TAXES AMOUNTING TO RS.6.18 (TOTAL RS.66.18p) FOR OVER A YEAR FROM NOW ONWARDS. I HAVE BEEN PAYING THE BILLS REGULARLY AND WITH A TINGE OF PROMPTITUDE WITH THE EARNEST HOPE OF REPOSING COMPLETE CONFIDENCE OVER AIRTEL BILLING UNIT. IN FACT, WE HAVE TAKEN UP AN ANNUAL PACKAGE LAST YEAR AND ADVANCE PAYMENT HAD ALSO BEEN EFFECTED. HOWEVER, SINCE THE BILLS WERE NOT PROPERLY SCRUTINISED, THIS MISTAKE CAME TO BE DETECTED NOW WHEN A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT BY WAY OF RENEWAL FOR THE COMING YEAR WAS ADDED WHICH JACKED UP THE BILL TO NEARLY RS.1, 500 FOR THE CURRENT MONTH. DESPITE OUR FRANTIC EFFORTS THROUGH REGISTRATION OF OUR REPEATED COMPLAINTS, SO FAR, AS OF DATE, NOTHING HAS FRUCTIFIED. I HAVE ALREADY VOICED MY GRIEVANCE OF POOR CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE TO THE AUTHORITIES CONCERNED BUT TO NO AVAIL. A PRIVATE AND AN ORGANISATION OF REPUTE IN INDIA IS PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK GAME WITH THE HARD EARNED MONEY OF THEIR ESTEEMED SUBSCRIBERS. MY BONE OF CONTENTION IS THAT THE EXCESS AMOUNT FOR THE SERVICE NOT OPTED FOR SHOULD INVARIABLY BE ADJUSTED AGAINST THE CURRENT MONTH'S CHARGES TO WHICH THE ORGANISATION HAS NOT YET RECONCILED. ULTIMATELY, FINDING NO DENOUEMENT, I HAD CALLED UP THE NODAL DESK AT BANGALORE WHO HAVE TAKEN NOTE OF THE SAME AND PROMISED TO LOOK INTO THE ISSUE FOR REDRESSAL. STILL, THERE ARE LINGERING DOUBTS IN MY MIND AS NO POSITIVE RESPONSE IS FORTHCOMING FROM THE AUTHORITIES CONCERNED. THE INEXPLICABLE DELAY AND THE CUMBERSOME ROUTE BEING ADOPTED DO NOT REALLY SPEAK GOOD FOR AN ORGANISATION OF THIS I.T. SPECTRUM. EVERYTIME, WHENEVER I CONTACT THE CUSTOMER CARE EXECUTIVE, DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE ACTION TAKEN ARE FURNISHED WITH THE RESULT THAT I AM TOTALLY GROPING IN THE DARK. MAY I REQUEST YOU TO TAKE UP OUR CAUSE WITH THE ORGANISATION FOR REDRESSAL AS SWIFTLY AS POSSIBLE.

• A
      Feb 19, 2011

ABSOLUTELY TRUE. IN MY CASE TOO, THERE HAS BEEN A INCLUSION OF MONTHLY CHARGE OF RS.60 PLUS TAXES AMOUNTING TO RS.6.18 (TOTAL RS.66.18p) FOR OVER A YEAR AND I HAVE BEEN PAYING THE BILLS REGULARLY AND WITH THE EARNEST HOPE OF REPOSING COMPLETE CONFIDENCE OVER AIRTEL BILLING UNIT.
    I NEED AN ADJUSTMENT IN THE CURRENT BILL OF ALL THE PREVIOUS SO CALLED DSL CHARGES PLUS TAXES THAT I HAVE PAID IN PAST.

• U
      Aug 13, 2011

in my case also airtel charges rs.100 towards DSL charges.what is this charge? this happend in the month of jyly 2011, payable by [protected]

udaych48

• G
      Nov 20, 2011

even we faced the same problem for months now. They are charging Rs 85 for some Airtel PC secure monthly which they say is an additional service which we never asked for. This chargeable additional service without our consent is just a way to fool the customers and minting money.

Dear customers of Airtel broadband: Kindly note that the description of the charges given on the 2nd and 3rd pages is entirely different from what they charge on the 1st page. The amounts mentioned are different. They charge more on the 1st page

Highly unsatisfied customers

• G
      Nov 20, 2011

Even we are facing the same problem from the past few months. The charge us Rs 85 for Airtel PC secure which they say is an additional service and shud be free of cost. This is just a way to fool the customers and mint money.

Alert: Plz check ur bills thoroughly as the amount on the front page differs from the detailed description of the charges on the 2nd and 3rd page.

GJPS

• C
      Dec 05, 2015

Well I faced similar problem from AIrtel. They suddenly started charging dsl charges in my monthly bill. I called customer care service of Airtel to inquire regarding this. However the service centre guy tried to make me fool and didn't answered me properly. SO ultimately I shooted an email to the airtel and warned them to reverese the charges or else I will discontinue the service. Within 2 days I got call from the customer care that they will reverse the charges in next bill. These companies have to be dealt with such tactics otherwise they will continue to loot us and think we wont raise voice against thair malpractices