Having problems with Airbnb?

Airbnb Customer Service Contacts

888 Brannan St., Floor 4
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Airbnb Customer Service. Initial Airbnb complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Airbnb above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Airbnb. Discuss the issues you have had with Airbnb and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

AirBNBfalse flag about my listing

A guest who has recently stayed in my property has put down a whole lot of false information about my lisiting and which is detrimental to my business interest . The same was brought to the notice of the Case Manager Bianca at air b n b . As requested by her I clicked pictures of the actual scene and submitted them with my picture too in them making it really authentic but the Case Manager who I believe did not do justice to my request passed a decision without explaining as to how she arrived at this decision . Since then all my mails to her remain answered and she has merrily put me in a tight spot . I wish to get justice on this and request anyone other than her to relook at the submitted proof of my claim

AirBNBwe left a brand new battery & charger in the boston last month host gloria goodwin

I informed Gloria on August 19th that we left a new camera battery and charger plug into the outlet in the upstairs bedroom and we sent her a prepaid UPS label. She responded that she would ask her house keeping service to look for our property. We were informed that they couldn't find it and we would have to wait a week for her son to go back into the apartment and look again - at that time she told us that he found both the charger & battery. When we didn't receive anything from her we sent another text/email at which time she said they lost it and would have to find it again. The next week we contacted her again and she said that she had both items and would send out the next day. when I told her that it has been a month already she told me that "SHE WASN'T GOING TO HELP MY DAUGHTER by returning our property" This is the most POMPOUS rude host, something so simple she acted like it was the big bother to return our property. I will never deal with her again! that said I feel it is AIRBNB responsibility to refund us the cost of the battery/charger and
    UPS charges Totaling $$92.39 I've tried to upload the paid invoices but this website will not let me. I can email them if you let me know what a good email address is. Thank you for your Help! Linda M Mallia

AirBNBviolation of airbnb rules parties and events

The house at 12009 Palm Ave in Bakersfield, CA 93312 has been consistently abusing Air B&B rules in regards to Parties and Events. Last night, Sunday 9/22, there were well over 100 people at this house. They were blocking driveways, doing drugs, urinating, in the street and some came to our front door asking to come in. There is no one I can tell that is managing this property. This house has become an abomination to this neighborhood.

AirBNBcustomer service agent ignore my case

I have file a complaint towards the host, where i post my review about my stay which is not readily for stay, the host scolded me at my review and also personal message me. It is really uncomfortable for me from what the host say to me. She is so unreasonable. After that, I complain to Airbnb then Airbnb tell me that they will contacted the host, AirBnB action causes further insults from the host to me, I demand a fair solution but at the end they just closed my case without giving me a fair solution. It is so irresponsible. I felt cheated. Please take necessary action.

AirBNBthe owner of the apartment can not anymore be reached after the reservation fee has been paid.

On July 20, 2019, we paid 999 € to an Air BNB host but when we paid the three days apartment rent plus the guarantee and we asked for the exact address, the owner was can not be reached by phone and by email. We now asked AirBNB to please look into this and help us recover back the amount we paid. The bank account of the owner could be traced by AirBNB because the payment we made went through without problem. We attached here all the documents that we believe will help you to act on our complain.

AirBNBhosts - grant and penelope during our two month stay (july 1st - august 29th) 6533 east grandview drive. scottsdale, az 85254

Hello,
            Grant and Penelope hosted my family and I for the last two months. While we appreciate the effort they gave as hosts, I disagree with their request for additional money for a cleaning charge.
            As it stands, my wife and I did our very best to clean with what was provided. The hosts had for the house a Swiffer as well as an old and inefficient broom. We admit to leaving behind some broken down cardboard boxes because the recyclables trash bin was full from everything we threw out while cleaning and packing. We also communicated to Penelope and Grant that any clothes or items we left behind the cleaners could have.
            Grant said he was at the house cleaning for four hours the day before cleaners arrived. If that is true, I don't understand why he allowed cleaners to substantiate an additional $100 for costs.
            During our stay we unintentionally damaged, but replaced a few items in the house.
            • a crystal candle holder that was placed haphazardly behind the toilet in the master bathroom. I bought the best replacement I could.
            •a dustpan that I cracked trying to kill a cockroach (I replaced this and upgraded the broom.)
            •The next was the tip of a Cuisinart knife. I ordered a new one from Amazon to come in on Friday, August 30th.
            •ADT system I regrettably dismounted from the wall to stop the fire alarm from going off. I communicated to them that I would cover the cost to remount it when they sent a quote for it. I had contacted Grant and Penelope to ask for a solution and they had stated the system was not functioning. Be that as it may, the smoke alarm connected to the ADT was wailing for over 30 mins, and I did what I thought I had to do to stop it. I mentioned all of this to them. I am COMPLETELY willing to pay for the cost to remount as long as it is a sufficient proof of a quote.

In addition to this, Grant and Penelope are requesting additional money for an already charred pan which they claim unusable, a new crystal candle holder (even though we tried to replace it ourselves) and a blanket they claim we left outside. All of these items they are requesting payment for they estimate to be $550, claiming not to review us and "calling it even." I don't find this to be behavior resembling superhosts, and after paying two months rent and doing our best to find a middle ground my wife and I find it terribly unfair.

Additionally, they sent us conversations with their cleaners, where they were very negative towards us in the messages, leading me to believe they either friends with the cleaners, or they were happy to give up $100 in hopes of receiving it back. I will provide video we took of the house before we left, as well photos of the items we bought to replace the ones damaged.

To be clear, my family and I seek not to make trouble but to protect ourselves from excessive requests.

Thank you so much for your time!

Laurence Ekperigin

AirBNBguest damages

Contacted Airbnb and submitted receipts for repairs of which less than half has been reimbursed. Also submitted a quote for a needed repair due to the damage of 2400, and Airbnb stopped contacting me. This was with the claims department, who 3 times tried to have me click the link to settle. Which we did not, so their response was to pay it and say it is final, after less than 2 weeks. And without my agreement on any part.

AirBNBbuyer beware, airbnb only supports listing posters

My first experiences with Airbnb as a traveler on personal and business travel were very positive. This summer, I booked a trip from July 24th to the 26th in Asheville, North Carolina with an owner who was not entirely honest about their property and did not post an exterior photo of the property. He also did not state that there was a permanent renter living downstairs on the property full-time.

My complaints to both the owner privately and publicly and Airbnb were not taken seriously and the owner delayed posting my mediocre review of the property. The owner never responded to my complaints nor was not willing to rectify my concerns. I emailed and then followed up with Airbnb by phone the week after my stay but they did nothing to satisfy my dissatisfaction with the property and the owner's price for the dwelling. Even after I provided a negative review of the Airbnb's handling of my complaint at the end of July, I never received any feedback or attempts to remedy my concerns. Airbnb exists to provide a revenue source to property owners not to create a level market for buyers and sellers. As a consumer, you are at the mercy of the web site and the owners wanting to make a buck off their properties.

AirBNBterrible stay

I booked a bed in Hostel in Ibiza for 70€. Since I entered I realized that people can't stay there! It's terrible smell, all the furniture is damaged, rooms are way to small to have 4 beds, bathroom is bad, host was smoking weed so all the smell was entering to the room. I sent many messages to host and he never replied me back. I sent messages to Airbnb and also no help from them!!! Very unhelpful App!!! Ugly service!

AirBNBviolation of personal info privacy protection

I want to cancel my Airbnb account, Airbnb's response was that they were permitted to continue to maintain and use my data, even if my account was closed. I asked Airbnb to show me the contract language that allowed that. Airbnb has failed and refused to do so. After a long message thread over several days, Airbnb referred me to "Geoffrey" in their "airbnb community" dept. He said he would follow the privacy protection laws, but only if I would send additional private data, to "verify" my identity. Airbnb, through Geoffrey, claimed it did not copy my personal info, but has refused to tell me whether, and to whom, Airbnb has already shared or uploaded my personal info. Further, my research indicates that in order to verify identity in compliance with the law, a company need only verify my email address. I've asked Airbnb to refer me to the authority on which it relies to demand even more personal data before erasing my personal data, and it has wholly failed to respond.

AirBNBrenting

I have a NASA intern living at my house the intern has paid his money on time and Airbnb has not paid me out yet 15 days approximately late I have spent many hours trying to call Airbnb and the call gets forwarded to Philippines and Indonesia and Mexico and all of the foreign countries and very seldom I'm able to talk to somebody in the US after many calls they still have not been able to provide me why the payment has not come in and this is causing me a lot of distress as I have bills to pay and Airbnb does not care how the homeowners who have entrusted their expensive properties through their application to them are causing all this trouble my money is still unreceived and it seems like there's nobody at Airbnb who can give me an answer about the $750 that has disappeared. This is a very bad situation because Airbnb has literally disappeared with $750 and none of their agents in spite multiple phone calls have been able to give any explanation as a matter of fact when I first called One agent said that I have cancelled the booking then I told them that that was not the case and they said oh yes you haven't canceled booking but we don't know what. then I called the next time a lady told me that there was no payout method on my account which was also false and so on and so forth many phone calls later they were giving me all crazy stories which did not make any sense and so far I have not seen the money in my bank account so they have breached the trust and they have breached good practices probably breached a lot of other things that they should be ashamed off and I just need my money because I have bills due and this is the way they treat homeowners then they should be out of business they've caused me significant amount of distress cost and a lot of time when I should be have been working with the peace of mind I had to call them. I have many other tenants I have never had a problem collecting from these respectable tenants and Airbnb has created a mess not paying the money that the tenant already paid them 15 days ago and creating a big big problem for me.

AirBNBlast minute cancellation/ double booking by air bnb

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Property rental

The issue that I have experienced was: On the day of checking in, I spoke personally to the owner around 1050am advising him of our arrival time. One hour from arriving, the owner advised us that the apartment had been double booked (another booking via booking.com). Whilst we were very shocked, we would only get more upset and angry when dealing with Airbnb.
                        When we arrived in Gdansk, our hosts had found a room in a hotel a short stay away. Having seen photos of this hotel room, we were not satisfied as we have a 19 month old boy who needs to be fed (hence why we booked an apartment with kitchen and separate bedroom). I was also working at Gdansk airport on an early schedule (up at 0400am for a few days during our stay). This room that was suggested to us by the hosts was therefore not acceptable. During this time, I had called air bnb customer services a few times and they finally can't back with 3 alternatives, with only 2 of them being acceptable. At this time, my wife was extremely stressed and my son very upset as we were left with nowhere to stay.

When we checked out these alternatives, and went to book them (dates were available when checking the advert), they became unavailable; I could not pay for the stay. Airbnb advised of this on the phone. My wife then found the office that was looking after these 2 apartments, who confirmed they were all booked. As it was a bank holiday in Poland at this time, availability was very scarce!

We had no choice but to accept the hosts' alternative offer of this single room as we all needed a bed to sleep in. We had to pay 2000PLN (around £400) to stay here until we could check into the original apartment on 5th May.

When contacting Airbnb via phone and they're online customer service centre, they're responses were inadequate. We asked for full compensation from them for this single hotel room, plus food/ meals we would need as not having our own kitchen to provide food to our 19 month old son. In the end, my case was closed on several occasions and only after they're pathetic offer of £113 compensation, which I kept stating did not come close to the compensation we deserved.

Since this experience, our hosts advised us that airbnb did not update their calendar with the hosts other calendar. I can believe this as when booking Airbnb's alternative, whilst the dates were available, I could not pay for this alternative. This was also confirmed, when my wife found the office that ran these alternatives.

For air bnb to leave me and my family without suitable alternatives, offering us pathetic compensation and the total lack of respect to us, is the reason I am writing to you today.

It occurred on: 1/05/2019

This meant that Completely left without accommodation, with an extremely stressed wife and upset 19 month old son.

Offer a decent amount t of compensation for the unnecessary stress and upset they caused!!

I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply back via this email account.

Yours faithfully,

Adam Truran

Booking reference HMARTPWW2A

last minute cancellation/ double booking by air bnb

Jul 09, 2019

AirBNB — blocking account

Dear Airbnb, I can't have the Superhost status active because you blocked my host account. I've written you...

AirBNBfraudulent charge

I have been charged twice since March and no matter how many times I provide the information they requested they claim these charges don't exist.
                          Even a screenshot with the reservation number and amount doesn't help.
                          I have had conversations with 4 people; 2 who answered the phone who took the complaint, 1 line manager, 1 from the fraud department and I have no idea where the 5th one is from.
                          Very frustrated that no one seems to read notes or communicate with each other.
                          Because of their privacy policy, they protect the thief not the victim.

AirBNB11a panners way queenstown - hmanq4rfhq

Booking 2nd July to 5th July 2919

We arrived after dark yesterday and let ourselves into the house using the key from the lockbox on site.
                            We were very disappointed at the state of the house as it was dirty and undergoing renovations. The carpets hadn't been hoovered, the kitchen surfaces and floor felt "sticky", there were empty beer bottles piled up outside and the whole place was dusty and somewhat grimy with sweet wrappers, bottle top and general dirt. When we looked at the bedrooms, one bed had what looked like a rodent dropping on the sheet under the duvet, another bed had creased sheets and blood on the pillow case and a third bed had hairs on the sheets and pillow cases.
                            The renovations were incomplete with exposed insulation hanging down in the ceiling, exposed plaster boarding and insulation piled up in the laundry room, which had no ceiling, just exposed wires and pipes and wet washing hung on an airer. There was also exposed wiring hanging down from the corridor ceiling, the carpet on the stair landing stopped abruptly which was a trip hazard and there was a gap at the foot of the stairs in the tiling which was also a potential hazard.
                            I immediately rang the host to question the cleanliness and the renovations etc. He said it had been cleaned the previous day but would send a cleaner to change the beds and clean. She arrived with a translator around 10pm and changed all the beds and removed the wet washing. The translator was also appalled at the state of the house and took photographs to send to the host. She did not clean the house as it was pretty late and she had a small child with her.
                            The next day we expected the house to be cleaned and I also sent an email and photographs to the host to substantiate our concerns.

Upon returning from our activities the house had not been cleaned. The host did reply in the evening saying we were over exaggerating the state of the renovations but he could arrange a clean at no extra cost to us!!

I do not feel the host has taken our concerns seriously and this house in its current state of repair and cleanliness should not be on a rental site. This whole episode has been hugely disappointing and extremely stressful for me and my family, when it should have been a wonderful place to relax after our daytime activities. We have not been able to find alternative accommodation at such short notice. I feel we have wasted a huge amount of our holiday time liaising with the host, who lives in Christchurch, and raising issues and supplying photographs, which haven't been taken seriously or satisfactorily addressed and therefore I would like some compensation for this.

I have used Air BnB in the past and never had any issues with properties or hosts, in fact we have more booked during our holiday. Having to raise this complaint to the host and not to be taken seriously has caused me a huge amount of anxiety, when I should be relaxing on holiday.
                            I have supplied the same photographs I sent to the host and all our email exchanges are on the site.

I look forward to hearing from you
                            Kind regards
                            Lucy James

AirBNBCustomer support

Hello,

I have been trying to book a place through airbnb in Portland. I have tried to contact host before booking about public transportation, but I never got replies. I reached out few. Then June 26th, 2019, 1 week before my trip, I decided just book the place without host's respond. I was not able to book, and I was told on the Airbnb website to talk to customer support. I tried to send messages from the airbnb site "help" option. I sent multiple messages, Each time, it says please wait till a specialist to get back to me. I waited few hours, no respond. I found airbnb phone number on line. I called, I was told they will send my information as urgent to technical support department. I should hear back within 48 hours. I waited and called, wait and called, Even after 5 days, I was still told I need to wait to hear back from tech support. Everything that I wanted to book are all gone. I am getting nervous, I am travelling with two little kids. I need to plan everything ahead. I am extremely upset and disappointed with airbnb. Like they have enough business, they do not care about new reservation. I slow down with our travel because of our little kids. But now we are just picking up. I am so shocked with inefficiency of airbnb, like no one works there at all. I often book hotel through kayak. We never had issues. Meanwhile I complained to a friend that I am having a difficulty in booking and airbnb didn't get back to me for the solution yet. My friend send me a coupon link for the first time user. I never booked through airbnb before. I clicked the link, it immediately says I am existing customer, it is only for new customers. But if I never booked before, I should be considered as new. I called back customer support again, they said they will send their information to technical support, still no reply. Now I feel like I should never book through airbnb. If a company stops caring about customers, customers will just walk away. Sadly a big company like airbnb doesn't seem to realize that.

AirBNBunfair refund

Dear sir

i would like to express my deep sadness towards your host - custom services for dealing with my contact
                                I had booked 5 - nights (25 to 30 th june 2019) in paris about 2 month before my trip with a price about 160 euro with good and reasonable place
                                BUT unfortunately ; a day before my travel, i have contacted to my host to ask her to check in earlier if possible BUT she shocked me that her announcement is removed from airbnb and she is unable to accommodate me without any previous warning or message
                                I have contact customer service as she asked but also unfortunately i waiting fro about 7 hours without a clarification to my situation and after that a simple reply to me that your preservation is cancelled and the refund will take place within 5 working days and check another housing with 16 euro bouns !?!?!? i replied : what a [censored]ing joke ?! any new booking would be double- triple price >>>> i need another accomodation not refund but no one answer me !!! moreover i ask why if I as a guest when i cancelled my booking late there is no refund and when the host cancelled later she he would not pay a compensation or a penalty over the payed money to book a similar place in this hot peroid !??!!? also no one help me

i have booked a bad place also in airbnb without use your bonus - a place withiut shower ?!?!? without bed ??? only sink with sofa .. these information i have just received from the next host which wasnt clear in his notification = guess how much == about 290 euro ie more that the previous preservation by about 130 euro without any facility to enjoy my trip (( really i was obligated to accept this situation because the next offer would be 450 euro which is out of my budget due to your wrong policy )

NOW;
                                in short
                                1-my first cancelled preservation was HMAKWAM33E (160 EURO == DATE 12/04/2019)
                                which was cancelled on 9.00 pm 23/06/2019
                                2-my second BAD preservation ( only sofa + sink without bed shower) which i was obligated to accept as no way no other reasonable offer was HMAAZZM4XF (280 euro == date 11.46 pm 23/06/2019)
                                3= your joking code of discount 16 euro which i refuse to use it before i have an official complain was HMAKWAM33E

MY official request ???
                                1-A real compensation refunded to my account at least equal to the second accomodation 280 euro
                                2-A penalty on the responsible for this problem with my first accommodation with refund my a percentage of this penalty
                                3- a real compensation for my bad obligatory stay in 2nd preservation which i accept as there no other choices

I expected to have a real refund for this nightmare

waiting for your official reply

thanks in advance

Jun 15, 2019

AirBNB — no hot water and dangerous conditions

We had no hot water for almost 48 hours. Yesterday morning we had to interrupt our vacation to return to the...

AirBNBairbnb = no guarantee = no piece of mind

As many people have done... I did my research... Decided the area I wanted to stay in... Looked at apartments and booked one several months before my trip.
                                  Then 10 days before my stay... As I am boarding my flight I get a text saying my reservation has been canceled. Airbnb gave me a 10% voucher to offset cost changes... But the problem was that there were no places available in the area I had booked.
                                  I ended up having to book a hotel for $100 more. I asked Airbnb for the $100... You can guess how that went. They take no responsibility for resolving the situation.
                                  So here is what gets me... If I had cancelled I would have lost all my money. If they cancel you just get your money back and your out of a place to stay.
                                  So there is no piece of mind when booking with them. They could care less about the hardship they impose on you. There should be a piece of mind guarantee that insures that when things go wrong they will resolve it to your satisfaction. If this were Amazon they would have found me a place and provided it for free. If you read this... Be warned that this can happen to you and if you booked something during peak season you will have a hard time finding anything in the same price range.
                                  This is not the kind of company I want to do business with or entrust with my vacation.
                                  SHAME ON YOU AIRBNB...

AirBNBgift card

Airbnb sells gift cards and they can only be used for the first 1/2 of payment. One half of the payments are made when a reservation is made and the final half is made at a later time. The Airbnb Gift Card is only accepted for the first half of the payment, meaning a credit card must be used for the second half of the payment. This is not stated on the back of the gift card and is a fraudulent way of selling gift cards. Customer service at Airbnb will only state company policy. So there is no help here. Don't buy Airbnb Gift Cards!