Menu
M
Author of the complaint
4:44 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a flight from Toronto to Doha and then Doha to Erbil on March 17th, 2022. I did my PCR test prior to departure from Toronto, as well as had my vaccine pass and valid passport, but the agent did not have any knowledge of the covid restrictions and protocols to enter Erbil, Iraq. As a result, the agent made me wait until they confirmed the correct restrictions but at that point, the departure gate had closed. I even wanted to leave my luggage behind and go on the flight because I needed to see my dad who was very ill. I checked online and noticed the flight was delayed by 2 hours, but the agent was not aware of it and I still could not board.

I had to then purchase another ticket for $2270.61 with Turkish Airlines for the same date. The whole experience was very stressful as I was not sure if I was going to see my dad in time. The agent involved was very unprofessional, ignorant, and did not treat me in a respectful way. I was not expecting this from Air Canada. How can an agent of another airline have all the knowledge and information about covid restrictions but an agent for one of the biggest airlines did not?

More Air Canada complaints & reviews