Air Asia β€” no one pick-up and engaged only

Y

Very hard to get thru air asia phone included toll free, there no body pick-up or engaged only. I call since 11.30am until 4pm. Very bad...

• Er
    Eric Sep 04, 2008

Very bad. I tried too and it's true. Airasia service is the worst of all airlines!

• Te
    Teresa Sep 10, 2008

Totally agree, always ask to wait but never turn up
    Above 2 week continuing call up, no one pick up the call

Chan Boon Chew Sep 23, 2008

I have similar experience several times and i am very upset every time when there is a need to call them (the latest one will be 2 minutes ago) due to their own problem (such as re-timed...etc). Very disappointed with AirAsia. The only attractive part is their price. If there is not much difference between their price and MAS/Firefly, i will not hesitate in one moment to choose MAS/Firefly.

• Vt
    vt Oct 07, 2008

On the 1st week of Sept, knowing that AirAsia (them) would be discontinuing Macau-Kuching v.v for good effective end of Oct, they still advertised their promotion over the media offering attractive prices travelling on this route.

Obviously, everybody flocked into their website buying tickets for the next 6 months or so. 2 weeks later, I was aware that they began to re-shuffle this route from daily to 3 times a week. A week after that, they decided to discontinue operating this route effective 25th OCT.

I started making calls to their hotline, as I was holding more than 10 trips on this route (tickets purchased without promotion price). To my dissapointment, I was put on hold for more than 30 mins each time. A total of 10 calls were made for the next 3 days. On 17th SEP, 11am, since I was on my way to Hong Kong in KLIA, I approached their counter personally.

Nobody was manning their counter, as I stood there for more than 40 mins. The information counter reassured me that AirAsia counter was open, so I had no choice but to wait. Then katrina showed up followed by another girl. How could 2 person from that very same counter dissapear at the same time for more than 40 mins?

When I told Katrina about my flight bookings, she said everything is still confirmed. I insisted that she double check, when she then made a call. She then reply " Call our Call Centre, I cannot help you". I was given 2 numbers, one which is the same number, again on 'HOLD' and the other was a "Wrong Department!"quoted by the person answering the phone.

I don't have time to be kept waiting over the line ($ being spent) but Katrina was not helpful and kept on telling me to Call their Call Centre. She was impolite and was willing to give me her name so that I could write a feedback regarding her attitude back to her company.

Airasia had always being not one of my favourite no frills airline. They always re-time (shuffling few flights to one if the loading is light) their flights not regarding if you have a connecting flight (in the same airline), they will not be responsible and the word 'DELAY' is common. What pushes me to travel with them on this particular route is only the convenience which saves me time for a transit stop. With the attitude of their staff and the way they handle their operational disruption, my strong advice to fellow travellers is to avoid this airline by all means. Their price are not that cheap compared to other full service airline, sometimes they are more expensive due to hidden cost (which cannot be refund if situation like this occurs). Most probably, they would re-route me at the end, giving me no choice but to transit in KL, because they operate MFM-KUL v.v. 4 times a day (daily) with exceptional light load.

They may be one of the most successful no frills in South East Asia, that is because their passengers (mostly malaysian) were not given much option to choose the airlines to fly. Besides, once tickets purchased, no after sales service even though if flights were disrupted. Probably, Airasia tried to make passengers fed up from trying so hard to contact them thus giving up our paid trips. All my purchases were done using an user ID, which I cannot see the reason why they cannot let me know that my flight had been cancelled. Until today, they did not issue a notice saying that they discontinue this route which I bet a lot of passengers would be furious during checking in on departure day.

This is my only channel to voice out and share this awful experience because negative feedbacks or comments were not welcome in Malaysian papers, so as writing to them.

• He
    Helen Oct 24, 2008

It is a very irresponsible after-sale service that i've never experienced b4. No one pick up my phone. I felt my ear suffering keep calling them... Air-asia really frustrated me.

• Ai
    air asia users Nov 01, 2008

please..please..please..
    pick up your phone...
    i need to book my ticket right now...

jamal Nov 21, 2008

i've call airasia call centre using [protected] for call within malaysia today. the answering voice machine just keep telling me to wait until there are available customer service officer. i've waiting until more then 10 minutes and suddenly no more connection. it is because my phone prepaid credit have been deduct from $28.19 to only 26 cent left. they stole my $27.93 just using their phone line. to make it worst, i've not yet talk to their customer service and they already charged $27.93. wtf . so anybody who wish to call their call center... just forget it.. it is better to buy a lot of food for your stomach than be cheated like me

• Ta
    tan Nov 27, 2008

I just only have one meaningful word for AirAsia services. F U C K O F F !

• Ju
    Justin Dec 22, 2008

1st time traveller with Air Asia. Never Again. The worst service I have ever receieved from an Airline. Justin. Melbourne. Australia

kiki Feb 27, 2009

recently airasia offer travel insurance and supersize luggage up to 15kg. seem like by choice but when payment section they just direct add on into your bill even i did not click to choose that option. the font in grey, can't even be 'click'. just like, take it or leave it. i dont carry supersize luggage, i dont even carry a luggage. it's 1 day trip. ###. SCAM. i really hate it, and even more coz nothing i can do bout it.

• Cm
    cmykay Mar 09, 2009

My friend just disembarked at KCH (AK5216) awhile ago, at 7:30pm. She discovered that her luggage bag had been pried open and several pieces of dirty laundry disappeared. On her way here too, her luggage had been forcibly pried open and in the process, damaging the lock.

Now AirAsia - what's your take on this? Now everyone can fly or NOW EVERYONE CAN FEEL UNSAFE?

• 77
    77422 Mar 09, 2009

How could it still operate in this world!!!

It's ###ing ### airline.

• Sk
    SK Yew May 08, 2009

FLIGHT DELAY FOR 2 HOURS.

Our flight from KUL to Hong Kong on 6th May 2009 on AK 78 (for
    2 person); confirmation no : H8P2DP.

We write in to claim compensation for the delay as we were told by
    your customer service to so do.

We can be contacted on mobile phone no : [protected] (Mr. Patrick
    Mow) and [protected] (Mr. SK Yew)

• Sh
    Sharmaine Chong Jul 01, 2009

My booking no is ADFQBN, My flight from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket no AK828 on time from 12.45pm was delayed to about 15.35pm.Many passenger were furious including us because its jeorpardise our plans and schedules and every looks tired.Im writing in to claim compensation for the delay.I undersstand air asia will compensate us wit RM200 voucher.Ihope to hear from you soon for the compensation.

Regards,
    Sharmaine Chong

• Sh
    Sharmaine Chong Jul 01, 2009

My booking no is ZDB5BT, My flight from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket No AK828 at time 12.45pm was delayed to 15.35pm.Many passengers were furious including me.Because its jeorpardise our plans and schedules.Meanswhile our return flight AK829 at time 13.25pm delayed to about 15.30pm.I am writing in to claim compensation for the delay.
    I hope to hear from you soon for the compensation.

Regards,
    Max Wong

• Ni
    Nick G Oct 16, 2009

Air Asia's customer service is the worst. I have been trying for days to call them, and i have never been able to get through. Only some automated voice saying that their lines are busy. what a waste of money to be put on hold for so long. I have also emailed them, but have not received any reply.

the reason I am trying to call them is to ask about a retimed flight. Because of the retime, my travel plans and bookings are affected. I just would like to find out why the flight was retimed causing hassles to its customers.

choong kim voon Dec 20, 2009

My booking number QQ1BCX, 20/Dec/2009 (Sun) flight from Bali(DPS) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) AK363 at time 1355hrs delayed to 1630 hrs, delayed 2hrs and 35 mins.
    Our family were feel its jeopardize our traveling plans and schdule, not just the money we lost and important is our time!!
    I am writing in to claim the compensation for the flight delay and please proceed the compensation claim as soon.

Regards
    Choong kim voon
    Chuang chooi ching
    Choong shueh cheng
    Choong shueh ying
    Choong shao qian

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 21, 2009

Hello, Ballsonchin Punchindick. My name is Fuk Yu. I also had the same problem with you. I studied the Holocaust in sixth grade history, where they something simular happened to Jewish passengers on train heading to an unknown destination. Do you even know where your plane is going. I should not be complaining since I am better off than you, with not having any food for only eight days.(I counted the breadcrumbs as food.

• Gc
    g cannell May 18, 2010

my flight was delayed 10 days in Kualu Lumpur I need to be riibursed for hotel & living expenses

• Ak
    Akanksha mehta May 21, 2010

dis is soo true even im being trying .i hv tried 10 diffrent numbers given to me all were enaged or no 1 had time 2 pickup my call!!!

• Mr
    Mr Wong Jun 22, 2010

I am in Singapore and actually had make a previous booking and currently i wish to make some amendment to the flight schedule. Had been trying to call Air Asia Singapore office ([protected]) for 3 days (each day i tried with different time intervals and each call i waited for more than 40 minutes listening to the answering machine). In no vain, there is still nobody answering the call. I doubt if they line is that busy, and i am really disappointed with this kind of service from an airline which is reaching maturity. Given this experience, i am not going to fly Air Asia anymore. Any budget airlines in Singapore should have been doing better than this

Kit1 Jun 30, 2010

Is calling [protected] (airasia hotline sg) free of charge?

• Yf
    yff Dec 05, 2010

AA call center is really suck...they just make you so irritated just holding the line and waste ur $$ for that. I have make a complain about the Credit shell. They said have transfer to the account, but i did not see any credit account when come to payment. I keep on call them for this ...ONLY answer from them is " i understand mam, just that our system is able to see the credit account is appeared"...I very disappointed for that, if i able to view why i still need to make a call for that ... $$ spend for the premium line is not cheap ...

• Cf
    CFTAN Dec 09, 2010

Our flight from Macau to Penang on 30th November 2010 flight no: AK5073
    at time 12.00 was delayed to 21.30, and we have 10 person in one group. We are writing in to claim compensation for the delay. We hope to hear from you soon for the compensation.

• Cf
    CF, Penang Dec 23, 2010

Dear Manager

Dec 23, 2010, AK 5807 from Singapore to Penang, it is indeed a disappointing flight.
    This flight has re-time twice. Original flight was 11.00pm then re-time to 1.30am and final re-time to 1.10am
    Just imagine after a tired business trip flight delay for two hours and stranded in Changi airport till
    all the shops was closed. When I reach Penang it is already 3.00am.
    This is the first time I was in the airport for almost half a day and yet middle of the night sitting in the airport
    looking so dumb.

What went wrong with the schedule? Flights suppose to be punctual unless it is heavy rain or snow. That night
    there is no rain at all not even thunderstorm. Singapore and Malaysia is not even snowing.
    Everyone was looking so lost and there are quite number of children that night waiting to reach to their beds.

I do not know whether you know that punctuality it so important in our daily life? Every minute and very second
    count especially when you are on yr way to sign a million dollar contract. What happen when u are late?
    What happen when someone u love is dying and waiting to see you?

Please improve on your punctuality schedule.

PUNCTUALITY IS A MUST!

Thank you.

Maksudul Alam Jan 11, 2011

Consumers should not use Air Asia.

• Ga
    Gan Sock Chin Oct 04, 2011

Flight delayed on 16.09.2011 AK451 (8am) Medan - Kuala Lumpur (booking no: G9KP5Q)
    Name as below:-
    1. Chinakalea Velaisamy
    2. Segar Samikanoo
    3. Balaguru pakirisamy
    4. R Subramaniam R Ramanaidu.
    Our flight was delayed more than 8 hours on 16th Sept 2011 we just want to claim back for our business appointment expense on this delayed.
    Your attention and immediately action was highly appreciately.this is not the first time submittion for this matter. 1st time on 23.09.2011 but any answer from our site. I very regret to your service and please reply me as soon as possible.
    My contact number is [protected] and my email address [protected]@yahoo.com.my

KIM2367 Dec 28, 2012

AIR ASIA IS THE WORST AIRLINES VERY BAD SERVICE THEY JUST MAKE U IRRITATED NO COMMONSENSE THEIR NUMBER IS ALWAYS BUSY NEVER WILL TAKE AIR ASIA

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices