Aig Promotionsentire company

F

I received information I had purchased from Bankcard Empire for an at home business. Before I could read over the information I had a call from Miah at AIG. After an extremely lengthy conversation I agreed to purchase an advertising campaign for $4900.00 to go along with the purchase I originally made with Bankcard. AFTER the conversation, I went online and looked up AIG, only to find very bad reviews concerning the company. Within an hour of my conversation with Miah, I called the company back and told them I did not want to use their services after all. I was informed that the department I would need to speak with had just closed and someone would call me the next day. I immediately called me credit card company to see if they could refuse the charge. They could not do anything until the charge posted and then allthey could do was to dispute the charge with AIG.
I did recieve a call from AIG's Quality Control department the next day as promised and was told the deal was "non-reversible", end of discussion. I had not faxed the signed invoices back to the company since I did not want to proceed with the campaign. Once my credit card company finally gave up trying to get a response from the company and applied the charge to my account, I agreed to return the invoices. I was told that the campaign had already begun and the only way I would ever get any credit or receive a check would be to return the signed invoices. A month after the initial convesation, I returned the invoices --after many phone calls from Matthew, one of the supervisors.
Matthew kept telling me to charge the investment to my credit card rather than paying for it all upfront. By doing it his way, I would not be out the total amount and would soon begin earning the investment back to pay off the card. Supposedly, you "typically see a return of your investment in 90 days to 6 months". It is less than a week until the 6 months will be over and I have yet to see one penny. I have not seen anything to show me there is even a campaign being done and cannot get anything but a verbal confirmation from the company. At least, a few months ago that was all I could get. Now, I can't even get my phone calls returned.
I want to get this information out on every website possible to hopefully prevent someone else from being as stupid as I was. I am out all of my savings, $4900.00 (plus a $19.95 monthly charge for a website) and will not have a job after the end of May. I never thought I would allow myself to be scammed in this way, but I was obviously very wrong.

• Valerie Nov 15, 2008

Do not join Aig Promotions!! The only thing you will have is less money in your account. Aig says that you will have access to card readers for businesses to accept Visa or Mastercard and get a percentage of the money from the public using these machines. Wrong you get nothing!

• Bi
    BillyBear54 Mar 19, 2009

Man! They screwed yuo royally! First, contact your credit card company and stop the $19.95 charge every month. The credit card comopany will tell you you have to contat AIG. Then you tell them the story. The WHOLE story, they should stop the charges. They should also be able to advise you on what to do about getting your money back.

MasterCard and Visa have an anti-fraud department. If your card is one of those, contact them and they should be able to advise you.
    Good luck!

• Al
    Alan R. DiCicco Mar 28, 2009

AIG is AGF, American General Finance and American General Home Equity. They like to pretend they are different companies.

I just got a letter from their attorney, Douglas V. Drury, of Scottsdale, AZ, who inflated my mortgage balance $6000. That is mail fraud, State Bar violations and worthy of AG prosecution. I have reported it to them all.

We need a lawsuit, if there are any attorneys left with ethics, balls and no fear, call me [protected]. If not, lets start this revolution against the bankers and show them what Americans are made of. Are you afraid to die? Not me. We will all die. I will be happy to die fighting for freedom!!! Come to my house and I will Bar-B-Que you fascist pigs and feed you to my dogs.

• Ga
    Gary Lim Apr 08, 2009

I was ripped off by this company as well. They have taken money both from my credit and debit card last Nov. 2008 and until now I haven't received any single cent out of them as opposed from what they have promised. I should have complained and did everything I can to get my money back but I was so afraid and passive at that time.

I agree to the previous posts, we need to join hands together to file a lawsuit against this company. They will not stop and will ripp more people unless an action will be taken.

We need to do everything we can, post your complaints in the internet so that everybody will know how fraud they are.

• Ai
    AIG Promotions Fraud May 03, 2009

Anyone who has had a problem with AIG Promotions please contact me, I was screwed over by them too and need a group of people that are willing to tell their story:

A.
    [protected]
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Fe
    fedup Jul 23, 2009

Just found out that AIG IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH BANKCARD!! though AIG would have you believe they are! A representative from Bankcard called and promised to try and help me with the situation and DID NOT try to sell another program of any type ~~help without asking for money! CERTAINLY NOT AIG style. My complaint is TOTALLY with AIG and their lack of intregrity and decency.

• Jt
    jtr115 Aug 07, 2009

This company has been calling me for the past two months claiming I requested information from them about a home-based business. I never contacted this company and had never heard of them before they called. I have told these people several times to stop calling me, but they persist. So far, filing complaints with the FTC and BBB have done no good. I hope a visit from the Phoenix Police Department will get them to change their tune.

• Kg
    kgjdfkjfk Aug 24, 2009

They need to obey the law and quit calling people in the donotcall.gov list.

• Vi
    Vinc Sep 12, 2009

I received a phone call from AIG Promotions and listened to the whole salse presentation about them being a Merchant Services Business and that I would be selling credit card terminals to businesses online and off.

I told Jonathan Marvel that I ddn't make any business decisions, without my husband, who was unavailable at the time.

Well, he talked me into signing up, by saying, "What's the worse that can happen, if he doesn't like what he sees, you can cancel." "Better yet, I'll pay his half, so I'll give you the Platinum Package, which is our top package that gives you $500.00 commission for every terminal you sell, for only $150.00 instead of the normal cost of $495.00.

I bought it!! What an Idiot I feel like!!!

An hour later my husband called and I told him what transpired, he asked if I had checked them out with the BBB and online and I hadn't. I did then!!

About 2 hours after I had ordered, I called AIG Customer Service to cancel and was told that I couldn't get a refund of the $150, (mind you my credit card info was not even in the system yet, niether was I) but that I could cancel the hosting fee of $19.95 at any time.

I proceeded to inform them that the law states, A person has 72 hours to cancel any purcase or contract.

They told me yes but not theirs!!!

After getting no satifaction from customer service, I tried to get in touch with Jonathan Marvel, I had to leave a message for him and told the woman I spoke to that I wanted to cancel and get a refund or I was going to report them. She said, I didn't have to threaten them and they would take care of it. Jonathan Marvel called me back asking why the change of heart and I told him the truth. He told me to Google the Girl Scouts of America, I said I didn't pay the Girl Scouts $169 bucks so I really don't give a Rats A-- what complaints come up about them.

What a Marvel he turned out to be!!! He said he would take care of my refund and thanked me for wasting his time. Not even 5 minutes later, I get a call from Michael. Michael was the original person that called me, put me on the 6 min. recording then I got Jonathan. Michael was very nice, I told him he could just rip up the paper work like it never happened. He said that's what he was going to do, for me not to worry that I didn't have to cancel my credit card.

OH But Do I Ever!!! 2 hours after that, There it was! $150.00 On my online statement.

JoeBult Oct 07, 2009

I have been taken too. The person who keeps telling me the exact same sorries as the ones above is Rafel Lopez.

• Id
    i dont want to give my name Nov 05, 2009

They get around that by marketing partners. Contact your bank and credit card companies to have your information removed from the marketing list. And buyer beware if buying something off the TV.