Menu

B
Author of the complaint
11:45 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked an airline ticket through agoda from Mae Sot to Bangkok, leaving on the 16th of June and flight was to leave at 12:45 pm. (Booking ID: [protected]) I am already aware that if you do not change your ticket before the 24 hour window you forfeit your ticket, therefore, I contact Agoda at 9 am the day before (or 29 hours before).

I wanted to know the change fee plus the extra flight charges for changing my ticket to the next day. They said they would call me back in one hour.

4 hours went by and I contacted them again. The customer service person said it wouldn't be a problem as the issue was raised before the 24 hours window although it was still pending. Then another 6 hours went by and finally at 9 pm they contacted me and told me that since it was within the 24-hour time frame I couldn't change it.

By that time, the flight I was hoping to change it to was fully booked and had to find another route, at the cost of 4,600 Thai Baht.

When I contacted Nok Air to make this reservation directly, they told me that the change would have only cost me 750 baht if I could have called them directly. Nok indeed would have allowed a change to that ticket. So, the moral of the story is that the middle man costs you money and Agoda cost me 4,600 baht and also caused me to miss the flight. It's unacceptable and Agoda should not handle flight reservations if they are going to cause people trouble.

More Agoda complaints & reviews

Agoda - you cannot update your personal info with agoda
Agoda - fraud
Agoda - unfair charges
Agoda - hotel reservation for budapest charged on cc but no reservation made
0 comments