Aeroplanmileage reinstatement

A Review updated:

I collected on behalf of my daughter (on her own account) 60, 000 miles over the years to get a ticket as her graduation present. Her miles expired on November 13/15 following one year of no activity. Less than two weeks after expirationI, on Nov 27/15, I called Aeroplan to have the miles re-instated. I was told that to re-instate the mileage I was required to pay $30 Admin fee + $600 for Mileage! I was shocked, as I have been an Aeroplan member since 1989 and collected hundred of thousands of miles on my own account. To say the least I am an Air Canada "frequent Flyer". After my call on Nov 27, I was told that I had to pursue my request through the FAQ section of the Aeroplan members site. I did. Surprised by this impersonal method, I received on Dec 4/15 an automated email from Aeroplan stating that these type of requests cannot be dealt through the website! I just called back and talked to a very polite agent, who after 20 mins of back an forth confirmed that 1) Aeroplan does not have a customer service department 2) there is No escalation process and 3) There is no Ombudsman that I can contact. Can anybody suggest what to do? This is outrageous and offensive for anybody, and particularly for somebody who's been a member for over 25 years. Alain

• Ri
    Richard Bédard Jul 29, 2019

I was a member of the Aeroplan greed and uncompassionate luring business since 1988. Loyalty is not part of their vocabulary. I lost 72, 907 miles on 31 may 2019. I am a 30 year veteran and had no business around my town. I have had 3 surgeries and the last in June 2019 for cancer of the prostate. For a long while I coudn't travel because of health and I to wanted to redeem for a gift for my daughters wedding anniverssary travel in August. Since they took the miles away I get one to three e-mails each day to solicite my business. Shame less must I say!!!
    Richard Bédard 29 July 2019

Maria Velletta Jan 18, 2016

I have no more to say except I have a bad taste.

Maria Velletta Jan 18, 2016

We went on a long trip by auto and i used her Aeroplan Card extensively at restaurants gas stations etc but the worst part after being a member for such a long time and to be kicked off without any warning and to lose a substantial amount of miles is hard to take, particularly with my husband who has been a member since the outset.

• Ae
    Aeroplan Jan 11, 2016

Since I have 22000 Miles I would like to add to this amount

• Ae
    Aeroplan Jan 11, 2016

My wife had a Aeroplan account that she used mainly for purchasing various merchandise and Auto re-fuelling her car and suddenly her 22000 miles were dis-continued, can they be re-installed ?