Aeroplan — mileage reinstatement
I collected on behalf of my daughter (on her own account) 60, 000 miles over the years to get a ticket as her graduation present. Her miles expired on November 13/15 following one year of no activity. Less than two weeks after expirationI, on Nov 27/15, I called Aeroplan to have the miles re-instated. I was told that to re-instate the mileage I was required to pay $30 Admin fee + $600 for Mileage! I was shocked, as I have been an Aeroplan member since 1989 and collected hundred of thousands of miles on my own account. To say the least I am an Air Canada "frequent Flyer". After my call on Nov 27, I was told that I had to pursue my request through the FAQ section of the Aeroplan members site. I did. Surprised by this impersonal method, I received on Dec 4/15 an automated email from Aeroplan stating that these type of requests cannot be dealt through the website! I just called back and talked to a very polite agent, who after 20 mins of back an forth confirmed that 1) Aeroplan does not have a customer service department 2) there is No escalation process and 3) There is no Ombudsman that I can contact. Can anybody suggest what to do? This is outrageous and offensive for anybody, and particularly for somebody who's been a member for over 25 years. Alain
More Aeroplan Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroplan - expired aeroplan miles without proper notice!
- Air Canada Aeroplan - fraud and cheating!
- Aeroplan - no longer good value
- Air Canada Aeroplan - cancellation fee amounts to 102%
- Aeroplan - mystery taxes & fees
- Aeroplan.com - unethical, misleading information
- Aeroplan.com - aeroplan account
- Aeroplan.com - being charged for phone booking when the aeroplan website is broken
- Aeroplan Travel Services - customer service
- Aeroplan.com - expired miles