Aeroflotthe worst airline – they will do everything possible to rip you off

C

My boyfriend and I had bought our tickets from Aeroflot to head back to France from our long stay in China, both of us payed for two pieces of checked-in luggage each. His flight left four hours after mine, so he was not in the terminal until sometime later. We both ride skateboards/longboards and my boyfriend, having travelled to many international destinations with many different airlines (including Aeroflot) with his longboards, knew the rules about what could be allowed to be carried on the plane and then easily stored. Though to my surprise, arriving at the check-in counter, they told me that the longboard I was carrying would have to be checked-in as well and paid for as extra-large luggage (Over 300€) due to its length of about 1.10 meters…keep in mind this is a flat piece of wood essentially. They would not let me speak or even attempt to explain to them that I had come to China with an even larger longboard and it was no issue fitting with the baby carriages or instruments or other skateboards in the compartment dedicated to them at the front and back of the planes, or even behind the last row of seats; not to mention in hand luggage compartments over the seat. Yelling at me, telling me I would have to leave the longboard at the airport in China if I didn't pay, they then approached my two suitcases and charged me another 280€ for around a kilo on each suitcase. Having to catch my plane back home in 40 minutes, I had no choice but to pay both the fees and continued to rush to board the plane, still upset from the mistreatment.
Around four and a half hours later, my boyfriend arrived at the same airport, same check-in desk with two longboards (one electric) taped back to back. During check in, he was also confronted about the longboards, but after only a few words they accepted that he take the two longboards with him as another carry-on and with no extra charge. Both of his suitcases were also overweight, of over five kilos each. He was asked to pay a fine of merely 120€.
I truly cannot find any reason why I would have had to pay so much more and add an extra luggage when another customer had a minor fine and was allowed to bring double the amount of longboards on board of the plane, and for free!
I didn't mention the flight aspect but for the sake of the review, the only good aspect was footroom. Besides that, the hostesses avoid you as much as possible, the food is close to inedible and I do not remember them even passing with drinks.
This all happened in early September and I have contacted the customer services department of Aeroflot through many email exchanges in the past four months. They brought up the rules and said my board was bigger than specifications, so taking their rules I went to measure my board and found it was within specified limits, but when showing their proof of their mistake, instead of attempting to help me, the Deputy Head of Control of Coordination and Analysis himself essentially said that they would not admit their fault and that no reimbursement would be in order. This with no explanations as to why I was charged so much more compared to a customer merely four hours later. They have stopped responding to my emails for over a month now.
Essentially this was just a blatant act of discrimination with no remorse or help from the company at fault.
So don't fly with Aeroflot unless you enjoy getting ripped off or support this type of unfairness.