ABSA Bankfraud and scams

P

On the 25th of January 2017 i was mugged and i lost all my important belongings including my Identity green book ID ********** 331089 and i reported it at home affairs and made a new one however i came to the shock of my life on 17th May 2017 when i received a electronic statement via email from Absa Bank saying that's my May 2017 statement of which i have never opened any account with absa neither was i aware of such till that day. On 18.05.2017 at 08.30am i was already at one of the Absa branches in Ghandi Square to query this and find out what exactly is going on. I got to the customer services side and i then explained to the lady what my query was she was shocked too asked fopr my ID smart card which i gave which matched the details of the stolen ID ofcourse and bang it appeared on their system the person who got hold of the old ID had taken out my old picture and put hers and used it to open an account with Absa which in my understanding its fraud and identity theft because this woman used all my details but however not my cellphone details and was informed she opened a personal account in February 2017 of which i asked questions if they do not have a verification fingerprint system like most banks i did not get solid answers because if this was the case the branch she opened the account in (Malvern or Jeepestown) as i remember would have picked this up especially via our fingerprints and signature. I asked for the details of which i was not given and was told they cant give me anything until investigation was done. How the hell does Absa allow criminals to use their services especially for fraud ? Can i please get answers because today i am a victim of fraud and identity theft especially with a logo ("Today, tomorrow, together") this to me raises serious concerns if whoever helped this person was also part of the fraud. I was told they will freeze the account and no i shouldn't worry they will catch the suspect i even asked the lady how so she explained that obviously she will try withdrawing money from the atm outside and will be forced to go inside that's how they will catch her i even said xall i need is that ID back for me to stop all of this BECAUSE IT RIGHTFULL AND TRUTHFULLY BELONGS TO ME. She informed me they will send it to the fraud investigation department i should allow 2 weeks for a response or she will call me. I haven't got an ounce of sleep in me ever since and worse i am beyond disgusting in Absa for allowing and accomodating such. Today date 24.05.2017 at 12.12pm i received a call from someone who was not proffesional and claimed they are calling from the fraud department of Absa this person said his name is Baroko or Baroke something like that but was asking me so many questions and stuttering which again did not put me at ease because it made me feel like i might be talking to the people connected to this he was even speaking vanac Setswana if not Sepedi along those lines using an 013code number i even asked this person if he has solid feeback he said no he just received the case today and i then proceeded to ask if the suspect has not tried withdrawing or something he said went to the atm in Kempton park he sees but all this sounded very shady can someone take responsibility for this because my name and identity is now in the mud. Please note i even wrote this on hello peter. Then After the run over i have gotten always calling the Absa fraud number to follow up the case and being told different names of people handling the case and since no one has called me or texted me with relavant feedback to put me at ease or bring hope since i was the one who has been failed by your bank Absa. Since the 18.05.2017 i opened this case and was told to wait for 2 weeks no one has bothered. on the 01.06.2017 i ended up going to one of the branches in Westgate Mall and spoke to the manager explaning my query and case which she was helpful yes and asked one of her consultants to follow up my case for me. Unbelievable i was told the case was closed by someone from the fraud department on the 25.05.2017 of which just on the 31.05.2017 i called the Absa fraud number and was told a certain person was handling my case and will call me. What makes me disgusted by Absa is no one bothered to call me and give me the feedback i had been waiting for absolutely nothing only to find out after going to another branch taking time of work to be able to get to the bottom of all this.On top of it to be told the case was closed and the suspect's account was closed and this is because i decided to go on media and write about it so is this sthe reason why no one bothered to call me or find the importance of this no sense of urgency THIS IS EXTREMELY APPALING THEN BEING TOLD NO INFORMATION CAN BE REVEALED TO ME AS IF I AM THE ONE WENT ON AND STOLE SOMEONE'S ELSE IDENTITY AND OPENED AN ACCOUNT WITH YOURSELVES YET I AM THYE VICTIM. I WAS TOLD THE ONLY WAY ANYTHING CAN BE REVEALED TO ME IS IF THE COPS COME WITH SOME DOCUMENT INTO THE BRANCH. I s this how business is done at Absa?! I then received a call and was told it was closed then i check my emails today 14.06.2017 and i see i received a statement again from Absa and its for June and the amounts from the last i received are different so clearly i am the fool after all the trouble and nightmare i am going through.