ABSA Bankclaims department

T Aug 15, 2018 Review updated:

On the 12 July i submitted a claim for my TV-50" SANSUI with i bought in 2014/2015. I have car and household insurance with I Direct since forever. On the 11 July when i got home my daughter informed me that the TV screen went black when she tried to switch it on, but there is sound. The next day I contacted IDirect to logged a claim and got a ref no from Liezel (Ref 3476346). The following day a technician from Smart appliances came to collect the TV as per instruction from IDirect to repair. A week later the technician called to say they are returning the TV (hoping it was repaired). He told me he cant get parts and sent a report to the insurance. Three days later i called to get feedback as to what was the problem, as the technician didn't explain much. I was then told that as per report from technician, it was normal wear and tear and the insurance dont cover normal "wear & tear"

• Je
    Jean for Resolver Sep 18, 2018

Hi Tyrelle, this doesn't sound right at all. Have you tried complaining about #AbsaInsurance using Resolver? You can learn more about your #insurance rights and submit your complaint for FREE on our website! Get started: https://goo.gl/34ASF2