Menu
L
Author of the complaint
7:34 am
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Biggest corporate run-a-round I have seen in my life. I fulfilled my anytime fitness membership and tried to cancel with abc financial, was told I had to submit "in writing" to the owner of the anytime branch. I did so. Thirty days later I am still not canceled; I call abc and they say I have to submit cancellations to them and when they receive there is thirty days. I say I did I gave it to the owner of the branch. They say that abc now handles cancellations and they have not received it! meanwhile I keep getting charged every month when I just want to quit. I call the local anytime branch and they say they have not heard about it but will cancel my membership and send me an email confirming it. I receive the email and feel better. Forty days later I get a collections call from abc, I ask to speak with a supervisor who tells me that I need to send proof of this and they will "review".
All of this just for me to stop going to the gym. There was no person of contact who knew what was going on, no way to stop charges, no way to actually speak with someone to cancel it had to be in writing. And finally they switched who I had to send cancellations to while I was trying to cancel!
This company is awful and preying on people who sign up for gyms. Why is there a need for 30-day cancellation? Why is it needed in writing? Answer: so you have to pay for at least 2 extra months of membership past when you want to quit. Pathetic.

More ABC Financial Services complaints & reviews

ABC Financial Services - Planet fitness gym membership cancellation policy
4 comments
Y
Feb 09, 2010 12:11 pm

I guess you work for ABC Financial?

O
Oct 31, 2009 11:12 am

In regards to why you have to send in a 30 day written request it is in your contract when you signed it. You people on here complain about why do I have to do this and that... well my question to you is why didn't you read your contract? It is your own stupidy that you didn't take the time to read it in full...so stop complaining and do what it says on your contract!

L
Nov 03, 2019 8:37 am
Replying to comment of one_green

Imagine defending a predatory company because you work there for minimum wage? Gross

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

108 complaints