Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Banks First Convenience Bank [FCB] overcharged, mis-charged, harassed and ripped off

First Convenience Bank [FCB] review: overcharged, mis-charged, harassed and ripped off

J
Author of the complaint
4:07 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Let me start by stating that I've been banking for 23 years. I've had more trouble with this bank than any other bank I've been with in 23 years. Every payday I have to call them. It all started when I first opened my Acct. I cashed a check and deposited half of it. I used my card the next day to make an online payment which they charged me a fee of 34.95 for overdraft because they had failed to post it to my acct. I had to call and have them remove the charge which they did. Then I'm supposed to have a $200 overdraft, when I went over the amount available by $86 they called me all day long from an unavailable #, never left a message and continued to call all day for several days until I finally called the number back. When returning the call I sat on hold for 25 min waiting, not knowing who it was I called because the number doesn't tell you. This has happened twice in the 3 mo. I've been with them. Finally I get to talk to someone and they inform me that I'm over-drafted, I asked why they couldn't just leave a message and they told me because it done by computer and they have no control of it. Then I get charged an acct. handling fee of $11 something because I've not used the ATM card I have not received yet 5 times in that month. THE LAST STRAW- I use my debit card to make a $200 payment on my cell bill, keep in mind I have a $200 overdraft. I get a letter in the mail stating they have charged me $69.94 in handling fees for paying a $41.75 ATM withdrawal on 09/30/09, my current balance is $183 something. Then another 34.95 for the $200 payment made to my cell phone which didn't go through until 10/02/09. Now they tell me the fees are because the $200 was pending and not available. Now my question is if the $200 was pending and not available why did the ATM say my available balance was $183 and let me withdraw the $41.75? Not to mention the $200 overdraft which my acct is currently over $124 which would truly only be over drafted $57 if they had only charged me for what was truly NSF which was the $200 that went through on 10/02/09. This banking institution SUCKS and I have since closed my Account and moved my funds to a much more pleasant bank, NATIONAL BANK. If you're considering this bank for any reason, I RECOMMEND YOU DON'T, you'll just be having your money stolen from you.

More First Convenience Bank [FCB] complaints & reviews

First Convenience Bank [FCB] - their gliched system double billed me
2 comments
N
Apr 28, 2010 1:32 am EDT

I actually still have this bank and I completely agree with you! Went in to cash a check that I had got from my sister .I wanted to deposit half and get half cash back, which apparently was fine, then changed my mind and decided to just cash the check and deposit it as cash so it would go into my account instantly instead of having to wait.The cashier then tells me that they couldn't do this anymore which makes absolutely no sense since she was gonna give me half of the check in cash in the first place.The only reason I still have this bank is because I get direct deposit and I'm just too lazy to change it to another.This is one of many things besides all the little random fees that they charge you that makes me not like banking with 1stcb!

A
Jan 24, 2010 3:54 pm EST

I'm confused here. At the begining of this comment you wrote, "i used my card to make a online payment", if you didn't recieve your debit card, how did you make that payment the "next day" after opening your account. So, some of this comment is not true.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

65 complaints