Menu
Zara.com Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Zara.com
reviews & complaints

www.zara.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 496 Reviews

Zara.com Complaints Summary

42 Resolved
454 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Zara.com with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zara.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zara.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Zara.com reviews & complaints 496

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Zara.com reviews & complaints

1:06 am EDT

Zara.com poor quality on high priced item

I bought a lambs leather which cost me a fortune. The item tore open at the back armhole after +-6 uses. I contacted the Hong Kong customer care line and even with a sales receipt they will not offer me a full refund. They want to refund 40% of the item value while I still have to pay for courier costs to send the item back by international express. Surely it is the companies responsibility to refund full value on a defect item. This Jacket should have lasted me years being pure leather. Why does Zara even retail such items if they cannot guarantee the quality. I cannot afford such a huge loss!

9:18 am EDT

Zara.com faulty item

I purchase a pair of shoes for my daughter back in April 2014. She had literally worn it once, and the show buckle ripped. I purchased these shoes at the price of 17.99. I went in today 25/07/2014 to the Whitely's store and was told that because I didn't have my receipt I would have to exchange at the current sale price of 9.99. This I think is out of order as the shoes are not even in store at present and it's faulty, which under the sales of goods act I believe either has to be fixed by the company exchange for the same item or a refund be offered if neither the first two options are available? Anyway I told the store manager that I would contact Zara customer service about this directly. After being in position 3 in the queue and then moving to position 1, which took an hour! I was then cut of and told to leave a message... I am so annoyed and every time I try to phone Zara I always seem to be at position 5... I believe they really do not have anyone answering these phones as for such a big company I cannot believe it takes this long. The store is unhelpful, the company is unhelpful. I don't know what else to do to resolve this problem with my receipt. my email address is [protected]@maximfma.com

Miechel Padilla
Aug 16, 2016 4:40 pm EDT

Don't waste your time. They will just apologize for everything and still not help you resolve the problem. They are not the kind of business that wants to provide customer care. This is the same thing that I experienced in the US.

6:04 am EDT

Zara.com cheating

I was gifted Rs5000/-gift card on 3rd July 2013. It has been partly used by me and there is a balance of rs 1030/- in the card. When I went today to ZARA to redeem the card for merchandise I was told that the card has expired. Apparently it was purchased by my friend on 27th june2013 and gifted to me on 3rd july 2013. ZARA Gift card does not mention expiry date so how should one know. Also ZARA has been paid for the amount so why are they cheating us of the money. It is not a credit note but a Gift Vocher card so they have pretty well been paid in advance so why CHEAT on us using expiry as an alibi. Not to mention that they have pretty aweful stuff to sell in their Pune outlet.236e9
Card no [protected]

Read full review of Zara.com and 3 comments

3 comments
Maha Rawj
Jul 25, 2017 1:27 am EDT

There is a new Rule that Gift cards cannot expire Basically If you paid money for a coupon or a card anything it cannot expire unless it has an offer in it.
Like if you buy a gift card for 5000 but you get 6000 rupees credit. Then it can expire. If its the same amount then it cannot expire You can sue them

Steven Rogers
Apr 21, 2016 9:38 pm EDT

I purchased two gift cards as Christmas presents - for a total of $125. - three attempts to use them at retail in VA - all failed - getting my money back through visa. :(

Aditya Narula
, IN
Oct 07, 2014 12:25 pm EDT

you can check the expiry date here http://www.zara.com/us/en/gift-card/check-balance-c295504.html

7:27 am EDT

Zara.com rubbish service

I purchased a dress on line and it ripped on the back seam the very first day I wore it - which happened to be at the Epsom Derby and I had to walk around with my underwear on show all afternoon - horrendous. I rang customer service who advised me that the dress was no longer available online and offered me my money back. Wow - they are obliged by law to do that - no level of customer care there. I asked if Zara could pay for a repair as I love the dress. It's been 2 weeks now and I still haven't had a satisfactory reply.

Just to make it worse, I happened to spot the dress in a store - they had 2 in my size. But both were filthy - one had makeup on the neckline and one had black marks all over the bottom of it. I explained what had happened to the store manager and said I'd buy the dress but could I have a discount - not unreasonable as I had to wash the dress and take a risk that the stains came out. Apparently Zara are happy to sell dirty dresses but they are not allowed to offer a discount! Unbelievable. Also, when I asked if I could have the Manager's name as I had not been happy with the service I received, she refused and said it was Zara's policy not to give out manager's names.

I'm not surprised - they must have tons of complaints. It's just rubbish when a shop treats it's customers like this. Never going there again.

4:45 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zara.com incorrect item sent and incompetent customer service people

I ordered 3 items from ZARA online (2 jumpsuits and 1 stretch bandana). The 2 jumpsuits were fine but when I opened the stretch bandana, the security tag was left on it. I spoke to their customer services agent (Orlando) and explained the situation. Orlando from Zara arranged for the item to be collected and replacement bandana to be sent over. The supposed replacement item arrived today but it was not a stretch bandana. They sent me another JUMPSUIT. I rang immediately their customer services, spoke to customer service agent named Levi who was half awake and not clearly paying attention to what I was saying to him. I asked to speak to his manager but was informed they do not a manager on duty or maybe the duty was on a break. This was just after 9.30 am. I rang back half an later and spoke to Ronan who passed me on to supposedly his manager- Anastasia. She apologised again but did not offer a resolution. These guys supposedly worked in customer services but they are absolutely lack empathy nor proactive thinking in anticipating customer's needs. ZARA.com looked into your customer services department- from manager to your agents- they need RETRAINING

3:32 am EDT

Zara.com bad customer service, rude people

I have ordered Bermudas shorts for my baby boy and paid for 2 days delivery 3.95£ After 2 days I have recieved a massive chain so I phoned to the costumer servise and I have been advice to take the wrong item to local Zara shop as I would wait at least 2 weeks to be delivered and collected the wrong item.Online people gave an id n.and said in the store they will know the case and they will returned the item plus money and will give you a voucher to apologises .So far I have spent 7.99£ for shorts, 3.95£ delivery, 8.60£ for phone call, 3.00£ for parking and 5£ for petrol .I went to the store and the manager didn't have a clue who I am plus didn't want to take the wrong item from me and I had to buy my shorts again and didn't returned the money .That was the wors experienced with costumer Servis plus store experience so far I have spend 27£ plus I had robuy those shorts again I found it so rude and unprofessional the way how they treat people I will never retry to Zara online!

9:35 pm EDT

Zara.com horrible customer service

I went on Victoria Day to grab a quick tank top and heels. Saw one size medium on the rack (black tank top), and quickly cashed out. I was absolutely disgusted when I reached home to realize that the top had white smears on it, as if someone tried it on with their deodorant. I went in today, literally one day after the purchase. I spoke to the manager telling them it was bought like this, and she rejected the item saying I had worn it and it smelled "FOUL". I was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED by her behaviour. I didn't even try the top on. The bag was kept in the car, she was SO RUDE. Not only was I disgusted by her mean demeanour, she had the nerve to say she was rejecting my return. I have my own business, and last time I checked sales associates check the product before they place it in the bag. None the less, the sales associate did not even mention to me that it had white smears on it. The manager's name was Cristina, and she was the WORST manager I have EVER dealt with. I cannot wait to speak to the corporate office, and headquarters tomorrow.

7:41 am EST

Zara.com missing store credit, poor customer service, 3 months and still oustanding

Wow i love your clothes but when things go wrong your customer service is the WORST service i have ever seen in the UK. I have worked within the service industry and what you are doing to look after your loyal customers is beyond comprehension.

I will give you a brief summary of my activities:-
-credit on my store card went missing
-store manager in Covent Garden (Norman ID 41550) was RUDE and was not helpful AT ALL, how on earth did he get to this position?
-Store pointed me to online customer services - which was wrong and i spent a total of 1h 23mins (im not kidding) on the phone waiting for someone to pick up, eventually i gave up!
-finally got customer service details for Regent street for shops and not online.
-called, was put through to a dead tone constantly, no one picks up calls. If you speak to reception, they put you through to a dead tone.
- finally got through to "Hira" at customer service who called me back just once and i could pick up, left no messages and i have not been able to reach her again.
-receptioninst (ID 22729) sounds like she couldn't give a dam about how long i have tried to contact CS and just carried on agreeing to everything i said with a monotone voice... how F* frustrating.
-So here i am almost 3 months on and i still have not gotten a response on my missing store credit after approx 3 hours of waiting on phone calls, un responded emails and so forth.

12:55 am EST

Zara.com poor fabric quality

Hello,
I recently visited a ZARA outlet in Mauritius, more precisely at the SUPER U shopping mall in Grand Bay. As a vivid ZARA fan, I know most of the time what to expect when I step into such an outlet. However, I was very dissapointed to see the quality of the fabric and the clothes on display. I was shocked. I have shopped at ZARA in several countries, including Europe, Morocco etc etc. But I have never seen such poor quality products, poor fabric and defective dresses and blouses. The sizes are completely absurd. I am wondering if these are really ZARA products or merely poor brands with a fake ZARA name tag on them. If this is the case, I would suggest immediate action is taken to bring out the fraud that is being done over here. Because, it is clearly a shame to the worldwide ZARA reputation.
Thanks,

Ezelda Botha
, ZA
Feb 10, 2014 5:48 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

As a proud service provider to Zara in South Africa I am very disappointed to see this fake Zara outlet in Mauritius. This is absolutely not a real Zara outlet.

6:35 am EST

Zara.com online ordering

I ordered 4 items online and given a 3-5 working day delivery window. By day 4 I had received no despatch confirmation so I phoned and was assured that my delivery would be there the next day.
I waited all the next day and received nothing. I phoned again to say there was a problem with my order but they couldn't tell me what. I then received an email saying they had tried to phone but ( no missed calls on my mobile) and asked me to phone again. I did and was asked if I had received my order! I obviously hadn't so hey now needed to investigate it. I then got another phone call to say my order would now be despatched and I would receive in the following to days. I then got an email to say my order had been delayed with no other details as to why or how long. I phoned again and was told that this message was related to the first delay and not another. I had already asked for and was assured that I would receive a despatch confirmation which I hadn't received and asked for it again. I was told that I would receive the following day along with another for an order I had also placed 3 days after this one.
The following day on checking my account I noticed the order had been cancelled. I then checked my emails and I had received a refund but no emails from Zara at all so I didn't know what had happend. I phoned again and requested H/Ofiice details to complain but was refused. A manager would call me today.
The Manager called and despite all the above he said he had only just received the details . the order had a problem in transit. i said do you mean it is lost. he seemed to think that they Zara had been inconvenienced just as much as me and completely failed to take on board the above errors and believed that nothing could have been done till now despite me pointing out that I had been given inaccurate info several times. When I asked why they hadn't tried to for fill part of my order from the stock that was still available on line he told me they had run out which was very strange as I myself placed an order for 2 of the missing items this morning.
In the end I was offered 2 express deliveries. I told him I would not be ordering again for home delivery and even if I did I wouldn't use express delivery. I requested instead he offers a credit against the order I had just placed. He said they don't do that and express deliveries are the only compensation the offer which again is strange because I was sent a voucher earlier this year for another big mess up.
Finally I was go smacked when at the end of the conversation this manager said it was not his perogative to call and speak customers.
Get off your pedastool and take responsibility for messing paying customers

Read full review of Zara.com and 2 comments

2 comments
Deewanshi
Bergamo, IT
Nov 24, 2016 6:25 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have Order jackets but after paying I just received payment sussesfull but not received any msg Aur any mail from Zara side regarding me order they chargerd me but no information yet regarding my products.

Deewanshi
Bergamo, IT
Nov 24, 2016 6:22 am EST

9:29 am EST

Zara.com zara.com poor service

I selected 4 items for total of greater than $50.00 and qualified for free shipping. I selected to Check Out, went through shipping info, etc. Then selected PayPal method of payment, within Zara.com screen logged onto PayPal. I ended up with a screen containing amount and "Submit Payment" option only. All of a sudden a popup screen comes up saying that one of the items I ordered is not in stock anymore.. I did not want to submit the payment, and wanted to go back to select another item to make it to over $50.00 again. To my surprise, when I clicked back button, to order got submitted and paid for! with a shipping charge of $4.95 added to it.
Plain ridiculous! I submitted message to Zara.com right away explaining the situation. No one contacted me for 3 days, the order got shipped - got confirmation e-mails for that! I called Zara US customer service this morning, talked to Leona, felt like speaking to a robot, not a human being. Anyway, she was literally monotonously giving me same answer that the order is less than $40 and sipping fee is applied. No matter what I was saying, she completely failed to hear me and recognize the fact that Zara.com basically let me commit to the over $50 order of 4 items, let me proceed to the payment, while selling same item to someone else! Moreover, the order was processed without my permission! Now, "Zara can not refund me $4.95"! This is ridiculous that for some 5 bucks they are willing to screw up quality of their service, moreover to recognize shortcomings of their order processing. I am an online shopper, and never, ever have I had experience were proceeding with order payment I get a popup saying item is not available anymore, and no matter what I do, the order is processed!
Will definitely be speaking to PayPal

8:04 am EST

Zara.com returns and staff

I went to this store to return a shirt I had purchased approximately 2 weeks earlier. I had washed the shirt as per instructions and it came out of the machine completely ruined. I went in right at opening and asked to speak to the manager, Katherine. She took her sweet time coming to the front, the lady at the cash had to page her three times, and as I mentioned the store had just opened and there were no other customers in the store and I know she couldn't have been on break. Once she was at the front so was cold and miserable form the get go. I explained the situation and she asked if I had my receipt. I did not as when I got home there was no issue with the shirt. At that point she shut down and said they refused to do anything without a receipt. I was asking for an exchange, I wanted a new one that I would dry clean instead of washing (despite the label saying it is safe to wash). I don't know what the issue is as the item was still in stock and there is a Zara label on the shirt so clearly it is their product. She offered no advice or help just stood there and kept saying "no". I told her I paid for it with my credit card and told her she should be able to trace the transaction that way and she again stood there and said "no." For the past three years I have shopped here frequently and I will stop now. Terrible product and worse staff. If a company cannot stand behind their product, neither can I.

Read full review of Zara.com and 17 comments

17 comments
Deewasnhi
, IT
Nov 13, 2018 11:33 pm EST

I plased a order in Zara they charged me but thay have not given me any msg Aur mail regarding me order and I msg them but no reply from Zara side.

Elham Kamal
Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm EST

[protected]

Dana Guercio
Nov 12, 2018 1:38 pm EST

I sent an item back in due time that was purchased and sadly, did not fit. The item was $39.99. Instead of crediting the item 2 months ago, I receive the item again in the mail today. Really? So hold on to it, then take the time to box it poorly and spend the money to bounce it back to me? #ecommerce5starservice #enjoyitwhileitlasts!

Y
Y
Yu Pu
Nov 05, 2018 10:09 am EST

The assistant didn't remove theft alarm, so I contacted with Zara care(Facebook) . They told me fix the problem by myself. Now they told me waiting for email, I didn't get email . I can visit the nearest Zara to remove alarm, I wanna they pay traffic fee for me, but they refuse. A week passed, Zara car did nothing except waste my time.

anousheh
Oct 28, 2018 3:37 am EDT

i bought a long sleeves and after 3 time wash it start getting very bad...its not first time it happens to the winter collections for me...im really fan of ZARA but recently very disappointed for high price and low quality...

Jessica Ma
Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm EDT

I had my worst shopping experience in Zara myeong dong. The promoter named Min Ju Kung (if I'm not mistaken) Her service and attitude was so rude to customer. She doesn't even know how to respect customer. I'm doubting on the training of zara provide to their staff. The service is worst .

Zohraiz malik
, PK
Oct 21, 2018 11:35 pm EDT

I bought a formal shoes from US ZARA outlet. I only wore it once or twice and wrinkles come over in the front. So I want an exchange. I am from Lahore, Pakistan

S R reddy
Oct 22, 2018 6:31 am EDT

My order with Zara.com Order number- [protected] is supposed to be in the store for pick up in 3-5 business which I was told. Today is the 10th business day and The order is not yet ready. I called the customer service person. She was raising her voice at me. It will better if you learn to be responsible and respectful to the customers.

Mar88
Oct 15, 2018 7:08 am EDT

Christina (with a bob cut) in the register was very rude, I'm not sure how she works in Zara but she has no manners. She didn't greet me instead I did, and as I was checking out she was not even paying attention to me. I'm seriously despointed, not going to shop anymore in Sherman Oaks Zara.

Altn
Sep 10, 2018 12:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Disappointed! Customer service wasn't helpful. Return policies are not flexible.

1:13 am EST

Zara.com waiting 1month for the complaints manager to call me back. still waiting...

I have been shopping at Zara for 5 years and I'm
Horrified how disgusting their service is. On Boxing Day we did some online shopping as I was working the whole week and wouldn't be able to visit the shops. The wrong package arrived. They said they couldn't send the correct stuff until they picked up the wrong package. I work very hard in the medicine field and there was no one to stay at home for them to pick up the package so I had to take a day off work. They didn't come. I called again and they said they could come anytime on Friday. I was expected to stay at home and take another day off work? They couldn't offer me any other solution. After picking up the package It's been a month and I still haven't recieved the correct produxts and I have asked for a manager call back 5 TIMES AND NO ONE HAS CALLED ME BACK. Each time I call they state that the manager is suppose to call me back between 1-2 days.

Zara is completely unprofessional and disrespectful. They don't know how to look after their customers and only care about money. I'm so unhappy with their deceits and lack of care that I have boycotted the company and will make sure the company bosses hear my story.

1:42 pm EST

Zara.com appalling customer service

ZARA COMPLAINTS WEBSITE

I'm a disgruntled customer of Zara and will draw your attention to the level of service from this company. I have been online and there are several websites with Zara complaints. If you wish for your Zara complaint to be put on this site please email me and I'll be happy to do so. The Zara customer service team comprises two people! Yes two people from a company that has over 90 stores in the UK. This site was created leading up to Christmas and they are no doubt flooded with queries and complaints. This Spanish owned company has opted to employ only two people for Zara complaints. Getting through on the phone is a joke. Their main number [protected] is constantly busy for option 2 which is Zara Customer Service. I opted to press other options which seemed quicker. Just insist that they put you through to Ramnpreet and Hirah (these are the 2 employees who deal with Zara complaints)

If you have Facebook then go to https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pablo-Isla/117611718312578

where you can contact Pablo Alvarez direct, he is CEO.

7:56 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zara.com - defective zippers

I bought a black puffy winter coat from Zara NY in October. Didn't wear it until November, when it started to get cold. After wearing it not more than 5 or 6 times, the zipper popped open in the front one day when I was unzipping the coat! It was completely broken. I was in D.C. at that time, so I went to Zara D.C. to return it. Since it was past 30 day...

Read full review of Zara.com and 7 comments
8:45 am EST

Zara.com refusal to return damaged items

I am the above mentioned individual, I am a regular customer of Zara(global)stores.
I purchased some clothing from Zara Durban, South Africa, Zara Barcelona, Spain and Rome, Italy recently. After my vacation when I returned home to South Africa only to find that most of the items were damaged, the shirts were laddered, some damaged and all the jeans zipper does not close properly and it would also protrude. This appeared very unsightly. So I took the items back to the Durban store with the swing tags still attached, I could not locate my receipt as a visited so many countries and did alot of shopping. I paid with my credit card so I thought it would be fine to produce my credit card statement as proof. When I went to the store, I was told that I had to produce my receipt. The staff refused any other option as proof. To this day I still have the reject garments in my possession. The least the staff could have done was advise me moving forward or try to help me by enquiring with the other stores. It’s so sad that I have received such poor service from such a reputable brand. I am also disgusted by the quality of clothing, I spend alot of money on clothing from reputable stores because I know (or so I thought) that it would be of excellent quality. To my surprise I was mistaken. Thank you Zara for a huge inconvenience and embarrassment of giving someone a gift and taking it back to return it because of the quality. I expect to hear from a representative asap. Signed Unhappy Customer!

cgiovanni
Los Alamitos, US
Dec 10, 2013 8:28 pm EST

Zara never delivered my items, and took my money. HORRIBLE delivery service, incompetent customer service. Don't shop online with them, will be BBB complaining as well.

W
3:49 pm EDT

Zara.com ruined my shirts

The below email was sent to Zara Canada (three weeks ago) and to the Chairman of Inditex, Spain (5 days ago) with no response whatsoever. I am very disappointed and annoyed. Please suggest if anything could be done about it. Thanks.
Warren Li.

Dear Sirs,

I bought a Zara Man Navy Blue suit (see attached pictures from 1-3) in late March this year at the Fairview Mall store that I love very much. However, the first time I wore a white shirt I discovered some funny bluish color on the back of the shirt collar. At that time I thought I had contacted something elsewhere by accident, it didn’t occur to me that it had actually came from the suit. That shirt was ruined because the stain couldn’t be cleaned, even after I tried to rub strong bleach on it – I then took it to the cleaner, it still shows a faint bluish tint after dry cleaning.

The second time I wore a white collar shirt with the same suit, I noticed the similar strange bluish stain on the back of the collar (see attached pictures from 4-5). I began to suspect that it came from the suit I wore.

On the third time I wore this suit with another white shirt, I am convinced that the bluish stain came from this beloved Zara Man Navy Blue suit for sure (see attached pictures of 6-7).

Now, all three of my expensive shirts are ruined. And, I am afraid to wear my suit anymore…

I’d like to bring this to your attention about the quality control of your merchandise, and to seek your opinion on exchange of this suit and compensation for my three ruined shirts.

I had brought this matter back to the Fairview Mall store on June 6 at approx. 2:40 pm and complained to the store manager named Francesco. He took my name and phone number claiming someone would call me back in a couple of days – so far, no one had contacted me whatsoever. I am very disappointed and unsatisfied that a giant company like Zara would treat its loyal customer with such no care attitude. I hope I do not have to resort to publicize my incidence to get your attention, though.

Yours truly,

Warren Li.

Tel: [protected]

Email: [protected]@gmail.com

FishyToMe
, CA
Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm EDT

If the discoloration was caused by the jacket, the entire collar would be stained - not just a small section at the nape of the neck.
My guess is that you dye your hair, and the dye rubbed off.

9:14 am EDT

Zara.com wrongly accused of shop lifting, detained and searched topped by racial abuse from the store manager

I attended the Whiterose at 10am exactly on the 23rd of May the purpose of my attendance was to purchase clothing for my daughters funeral. We made our first stop at River Island and spent around 25mins browsing and trying on a few garments none of which were purchased or perfect for the sad occasion. Whilst leaving River Island Janine Rawlins advised she was to head outside for a cigarette. She asked which store I was to head to next I replied Zara and she advised she would meet me in there. She headed outside and I went straight into Zara which is situated next door to River Island. I entered the store to the left hand side and walked all the way through to the right I hope you are aware of the setting in this particular store it is a perfect squared U shape. As I made my way round to the right of the shop I stopped to look at some black colored tops. Whilst doing so Janine had arrived as I looked up to greet her I saw a member of your staff looking at me in the most disturbing way. I made reference as to the way she looked at me to my friend. Quite annoyed at this it took me a further 2 seconds to pick the top I wanted and we proceeded straight to the tills made my purchase and left the shop.
I would like to set the setting a little more for you. Your store is very large and very open with white floors and white walls everything stands out. All garments are set around the outer walls and few tables and rails within the centre. The store is very open planned.
After leaving Zara we proceeded to Select and had a quick browse inside. We left that store and I received a call confirming an appointment I had with the funeral directors regarding the arrangements of my daughters funeral with not much time to play with Janine headed to Primark and I headed to JD Sports to purchase a pair of trainers for the child I still have living and breathing. We then arranged to meet at the car as she was accompanying me for moral support in this sad time.
Whilst in JD I requested a size 1 pair of trainers for my son. The sales assistant was a little abrupt I though whilst replying “it will be a couple of minutes!” I replied “fine”. Whilst waiting I could see the assistant did not move again I thought what’s the hold up, why is he not moving I have somewhere to go. I continued to look around and when I turned around I could see he was having a conversation with a Police officer. Annoyed I was at this point as I was there first I thought in my head. The police officer left the shop and away the shop assistant went to the stock room. He returned within a few minutes with the trainers I had requested. I told him I would like to buy them and he told me they would be behind the till for me. I made my way over to pay for the trainers I had chosen. Then started to head to the car to meet Janine and proceed to my appointment. When I reached the doors of JD to leave I was meet by 2 police officers and 3 security guards who all bombarded me and ushered me into a corridor between JD Sports and the shop next door with Loud deep voices all I heard was “excuse me can you come with us please!”. In front of everyone the time was now nearly 11am so the shopping centre had started to get busy. I was dazed by this and confused with this and everything else I had just been through losing my child on the 10th May 2013. Hoping my friend was okay I replied what’s the matter, what’s going on? When entering the corridor the 1st police officer said “stand there in front of the CCTV”. Again asking “what’s going on?” the 1st police officer then said after radioing to whoever started to say “they have received a call form Zara advising them that I have lifted items from your store without paying!” Furious I was I couldn’t believe this is what your staff proceeded to do to me. I was being detained by the police, 3 security guards on the other sides of the doors all the faces looking at me as I was ushered away. The police officers asked for my details which I gave. Whilst he was checking them through their system fed up I dropped my bags to the floor and started to tell the 2nd officer of the lady giving me dirty looks. I dropped my bags to the floor they looked at my bags and the exact words were with a confused look on the face was “what, you actually made a purchase from Zara!?” I replied “yes of course!” and again told them of the woman and her bad behavior, customer service and the sheer lack of manner also indicating that I was going to be late for an important meeting with the undertaker.
Janine then rang to see where I was frantically I told her I had been detained in the corridor beside JD Sports and to come quickly not forgetting I was blocked in by 3 security guards as if I would resist or try to run away, being treated like a criminal. When she came they let her straight through and the 2nd Police officer asked for her details. She asked him what the problem was and he explained. She asked if she had been identified and he advised “yes” so she gave him her details. Once checked out they then asked how we got there. I replied “I drove” and they asked to search my car. I had nothing to hide and as they advised it was something they had to do I led them to my car to clear our names but at a price as there seemed to be people all around looking and pointing at us as half led by myself & Janine and the police officers to my car. Once this was done and the fact that the car and boot of the car was clear of any stolen property. They merely said that they had to follow up when receiving a call of this nature. I at that point I’m sure you can understand was fuming, embarrassed and upset as Janine was also. I could see it in her face. But a small ease for her as she was at this time on the phone to one of her parents who is a solicitor advising us through her what steps we should take. So I asked the officers if we were okay to proceed back to Zara to find out what the real problems was, make our complaint etc. Because nothing had been stolen. They said it was fine and gave us the PC numbers in case we needed them in the future. They apologized and also advised us to log the incident with the whiterose. We then proceeded back to your store with today’s current technology the iphone was set to record as we have been advised to take the story to the BBC I wanted there to be no gaps and nothing missed out and forgotten. Whilst entering the store we were met by the manager almost straight away. I asked the manager Sharon what we had done to indicate shoplifting she said “things have gone missing!” I repeated the question and she had no answer I asked who called the police she advised she did. At this point the lady that was giving me dirty looks walked passed and I made reference to her attitude and Sharon replied in quite a strange manner “that’s it, I thought it was strange that you would question the way she looked at you!”. I replied to the fact its not normal for someone especially someone who’s job is working within the public be making customers feel uncomfortable by looking at people that way. When your staff should be making customers feel welcome. Especially when there bringing custom to the store buying not stealing. It is even more unusual for someone to wonder why a person would not make reference to this as this is not appropriate behavior. She relied very rude and abruptly in her exact words “And that just why were different and walked off”. I replied to her “Oh so that’s what your problem is( as if I didn’t already know) “ your prejudice” I followed by “Thank you very much for your conversation just to let you know that this has been recorded and we will b e going to the BBC” and she walked away.
Now the store opened at 10am I entered the store at around 10.20 and made my purchase at 10.33. I didn’t so much as pick something up, change my mind and leave it somewhere else. To my knowledge there was no one else in the store it was that early so truthfully there should have been no cause for concern, no confusion and we shouldn’t of experienced this at such a delicate time or at any time at all.
Appalled I am with the explanation from your store manager it counts for nothing. As I’m sure it’s now going to waste your time our time and a number of people in the middle. Too much of a detriment to us all and could of easily been avoided with a little respect and compassion and overall half decent customer service. Abused is how we felt by what Sharon had to say in addition to the way her staff name unknown looked at us. As if we are not good enough. As if we are not the right kind persons to be entering your store and buying your merchandise. Is this what Zara stands for?
We then proceeded to log my complaint with the Whiterose centre itself as advised to do so by the police. Mrs. Robinson we spoke to who might I add has been very helpful and have taken time out to go through steps with me. And the time to follow up eager for this to be resolved and to find out how you have dealt with this situation. Horrified also about what you staff has done. She also gave us all the details needed to register our complaint
I rang you office the same afternoon and spoke with Heira at your head office. She took all the details and advised she would investigate the incident and call me back at the end of the day.
I received no phone call. I called again and she advised she would have to get back to me after the bank holiday. As you are aware I missed my appointment to see the undertakers. My daughter’s funeral was originally set for the 5th of June but had to be moved to the 12th of June. I have been in contact with my GP who advised I should refrain from work a little longer as all the additional stress was all too much. I had a mountain of things I need to buy to organize but depression set really set in. I was paranoid to go anywhere my confidence is low. I called several times after the bank holiday and got no where I was either put on hold for long periods of time and the call dis-connected. On one occasion I was put through to someone that works in the same department/office as Heira who would not take any initiative to deal with my complaint took a message from me and said would pass it on to Heira. I finally got through to Heira after weeks of trying and she then proceeded with she had been away and just returned to the office that day. She said has seen an email regarding the matter briefly but needed time to go through them and would get back to me. I stressed that it had been some time and the amount of messages I had left and could she confirm she would definitely get back to me that day even if it was still ongoing at least to keep me in the loop. She said she would and yet again I received no phone call. My final phone call to her I was told the case had been closed and the manager had been dealt with and there is nothing else to say. How rude, I asked her if I would receive some kind of notification of the steps taken in writing and she said it was on its way and I should receive it by the end of the week. It was a Thursday I received nothing on the Friday or Saturday or any other day. I realize at this point she has never asked me for our addresses so obviously nothing has been done. I made her aware of my solicitor she then proceeded to state that your company have nothing to answer to, you know nothing about the police being called and in the same sentence it was not your store manager that called the police from another store we were stealing from and ended the call. I’m absolutely devastated by the way your staff treats your customers. It is absolutely disgusting as if it was not bad enough already with your retail staff but then you’re in house staff also just made things even worse

11:56 pm EDT

Zara.com complaint of ridiculous service provided by the manager

The name of the manager: Henryson
The location of the store: 500 5th Avenue (at 42nd street) New York, NY 10110

Been a loyal Zara customer for more than seven years, I am always very satisfy with the excellent customer service Zara provided (both online and in store). But, what happened to me in store today totally disappointed me. The experience was EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS and UNACCEPATABLE at all!

Today (June 21, 2013), while my boyfriend and I were heading toward Ruby Tuesday located on 41 street for celebration dinner, we stopped by one of the Zara stores to make a return. The Zara store we went in located at 500 5th Avenue (at 42nd street) New York, NY 10110. We waited online at 7:55PM. For around 10 minutes to return the skirt I bought 20 something days ago. And when the associate finally called us over, we told her that we want to return this one item. She tried to process it, but for some reason she couldn't because the system can't find the receipt number? She called her supervisor over to help her out. The supervisor came over and tried couple times and she couldn't process it as well. The supervisor then called her manager using the phone and explained the issue. She told me that the her manager is coming down in 5 minutes. My boyfriend offered to stand aside so the associate can continue taking the rest of the customer online. We stood next to the counter, watching the supervisor and the associate cash count. After they cash counted the associate's draw, the associate went on to take more customers. After a wait of 15 minutes, my boyfriend went up to the supervisor asking her how much longer we will need to wait. The supervisor apologized and called the manager for the second time asking when he will come down to resolve the issue, she stated the customers are still waiting. We waited 35 minutes! UNBELIEVABLE! We stood next to the counter for 35 minutes for the manager to come downstairs! I didn’t do anything wrong, why should we waited so long for the manager?

If that was the only case, I won’t be mad. Normally, I don’t get mad easily because I also work in the customer service field. What really pissed me off is that the manager made us waited for 35 minutes (until 8:32PM), and while he finally came downstairs he didn’t even look at us. NO THANK YOU, NO GREETING and NO APOLOGIZE! He complained to supervisor for some work stuff. He then taught her how to do the transaction as we were transparent or something! What kind of service is that? This is RIDICULOUS!

Ahmed tebry
, QA
Jun 26, 2014 5:34 pm EDT

Dear Sir Zara,
I'm your client for 10 years and really I Cant Imagine what happened,

I bought shoes from your branch in villaggio mall in Doha, Qatar and after one month it damaged but i was in dubai and when i returned back i went to your store with my bill and the store manager said yes it looks manufactory issue That guy is called Mr.Billal the store manager and he was very rode, i told him help me, he answered send complain, really i would to remove my shoes and shoot him but i respected Zara
Anyway i don't want anything except to respect people.

Really i cant belive that happened to me in Zara, i can send you all photos of my items which i bought from zara only huge number (suites &shoes &ties&shirts & perfume)

Thanks
Ahmed tebry
Project manager
Cambridge trading company

11:37 am EDT

Zara.com very upset!

I'm a Zara customer for a very long time and I have to say I'm surprisingly shocked at the customer service I've received yesterday. I bought a t-shirt about 3 weeks ago and came home finding the alarm tag on still. I went back to the store yesterday and explained what happened. The girl asked me for the receipt which I no longer had but remembered I had paid with my card so I pulled up my bank statement and I showed her the charge that was made. She took down my first and last name, address and the last 4 digits of my debit card and gave me a number to call. I told her it's not my responsibility to call anyone or do anything since it was their mistake. I drove all the way from Elizabeth to Edison, spent my gas, my time and came home with the tag on.I'm very disappointed and I certainly won't go back to Zara EVER AGAIN. I'm not the type of person to complain about small business mistakes because no one is perfect but an issue like this one should have been solved right away.

Read full review of Zara.com and 3 comments

3 comments
baltimore girl
Hunt Valley, US
Dec 29, 2013 5:33 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a number of items online-most did not fit, the problem is w/ 3 sweaters that fit but are of POOR QUALITY
1) sweater worn 1 x and stretched out 3 sizes larger -looks like an old heavily used sweater
2) sweater worn out to party but was so scratchy where the lace was sewn to the knit --it was un-wearable
3) sweater worn 1 x and the bodice fell apart, lost all form and fit- stretched out and looked like a very old hard used sweater

Then, the service, or lack thereof, they SUCK
the answer for any customer help is either no answer or "no"
filed complaint with the bank
NEVER GOING TO ZARA again---hate this cheap ### company

T
T
tripti agrawal
, IN
Apr 29, 2012 3:21 pm EDT

I had bought a dress for my kid which after one wash made the inner lining stretch from the bottom n shrink from the top.when shown at the store the staff denies by saying it is a design element. when scanned on the system n the pic is shown it clearly shows thesub standard quality of the fabric used as a lining which made it stretch beyond the dress itself . The negative approach of the staff n their non wilingness to help u out is simply ridiculous n one feels cheated.

EZADS
, TR
Dec 06, 2014 6:22 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shopping is a nightmare in ZARA TUrkey .

Zara.com In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: Zara.com boasts a sleek and modern website design that enhances the overall user experience. The layout is intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing users to effortlessly browse through the various categories and products. The site's responsive design ensures a seamless experience across different devices, making it convenient for users to shop on the go.

Product Range and Variety: Zara.com offers an extensive range of fashion-forward products for both men and women. From trendy clothing to stylish accessories, the website caters to diverse tastes and preferences. The variety of styles, colors, and sizes available ensures that customers can find something suitable for any occasion.

Quality of Products: Zara is renowned for its commitment to delivering high-quality products. The materials used are durable and well-crafted, ensuring longevity and customer satisfaction. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is evident in the finished products, making them worth the investment.

Pricing and Value for Money: While Zara's products may not be the most affordable on the market, they offer great value for money considering the quality and style they provide. The prices are reasonable, considering the brand's reputation and the durability of the products. Customers can expect to get their money's worth when shopping at Zara.com.

Customer Service and Support: Zara.com excels in providing excellent customer service and support. Their dedicated customer service team is responsive and helpful, addressing any queries or concerns promptly. Whether it's assistance with sizing, product information, or order tracking, customers can rely on Zara's efficient support system.

Shipping and Delivery: Zara.com offers reliable and efficient shipping and delivery services. Orders are processed and dispatched in a timely manner, ensuring prompt delivery. The website provides real-time tracking information, allowing customers to stay updated on the status of their orders. Additionally, Zara offers various shipping options to cater to different needs and preferences.

Return and Exchange Policy: Zara.com has a customer-friendly return and exchange policy. Customers can easily initiate returns or exchanges within a specified timeframe, provided the products are in their original condition. The process is hassle-free, and Zara ensures a smooth and efficient resolution for any issues faced by customers.

Online Shopping Experience: Shopping on Zara.com is a delightful experience. The website's user-friendly interface, combined with the seamless browsing and checkout process, makes online shopping convenient and enjoyable. The detailed product descriptions, size guides, and customer reviews further enhance the overall shopping experience.

Payment Options and Security: Zara.com offers a variety of secure payment options, including major credit cards and online payment platforms. The website ensures the safety and security of customers' personal and financial information through robust encryption and data protection measures. Customers can shop with confidence, knowing that their transactions are secure.

Social Media Presence and Engagement: Zara.com maintains a strong social media presence, engaging with customers through various platforms. Their active presence on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter allows customers to stay updated on the latest trends, promotions, and new arrivals. Zara's social media engagement fosters a sense of community and keeps customers connected.

Overall Reputation and Trustworthiness: Zara.com has built a solid reputation for its fashion-forward designs, quality products, and excellent customer service. The brand's commitment to delivering on its promises has earned it the trust and loyalty of customers worldwide. Zara's consistent track record of meeting customer expectations further solidifies its reputation as a trustworthy and reliable online retailer.

Comparison with Competitors: When compared to its competitors, Zara.com stands out for its unique blend of style, quality, and affordability. While other brands may excel in one aspect, Zara manages to strike a balance between all three, making it a preferred choice for fashion-conscious shoppers. The brand's ability to stay ahead of trends and deliver on customer expectations sets it apart from the competition.

Recommendations and Conclusion: Zara.com is a go-to destination for fashion enthusiasts seeking trendy and high-quality clothing and accessories. With its user-friendly website, extensive product range, and excellent customer service, Zara.com offers a seamless and enjoyable online shopping experience. Whether you're looking for a stylish outfit or a statement accessory, Zara.com is sure to meet your fashion needs. Shop with confidence and elevate your style with Zara.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Zara.com contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Zara.com?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Zara.com Customer Service. Initial Zara.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Zara.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Zara.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Zara.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.