YellowPages.combad company!

Wow! In a way, I'm glad to hear that we're all in the same boat! We also sent a letter to cancel our contract because they did not deliver on the contract agreement. They just called me today to tell me I was 2 months overdue! So, people under contract only get in trouble when it's the little guy who breaks the contract? How about their promises? How come they are not getting in trouble for this? I am definitely interested in a lawsuit. Can somebody get something going? I am not sure how it works, really. Maybe I should contact my lawyer. When this is all over, I am going to owe them over $3500 because they won't cut my add. It's not like it's in the paper book. It's online for God sake's! The removal of my add is only a click away. Worse thing is that ever since I told them I wanted to terminate my contract, the clicks started to come in a little (nowhere near what they said it would be)! Grrrrr! I hate when people do bad business! Bad karma my friends! Bad karma for them! If you work for them, you should quit! You don't want that on your conscience!

• Valerie Oct 15, 2007

Yellow Pages Local Directory - YellowPages.com

Yellowpages.com uses deceptive practices to get a company to sign up for ads. In fact they out and out lie. As far as they are concerned, it's OK to lie about the hits and calls we would get as a result of their ad in the "Yellowpages.com but not Ok to cancel the ad. All ###. We got our first report and it was all the times I had checked on the web site to see if they had made the changes we requested on the ad. They put things in our ad that were not true. It takes weeks to get a correction and then they screw up the correction. We really dislike these people and feel they are crooks. Caveat emptor!

• Do
    Donald Peters Nov 15, 2007

I agree, as a website developer I think the business practices of yellowpages.com are grossly unethical. They must have good lawyers to get away with that stuff if they treat every customer like they have treated one that is trying to switch to me.

• Cr
    C. Rohl Jan 31, 2008

AT&T Yellowpages.com needs to be regulated by the government. Who do they answer to?? I just tried to cancel the "voice contract" they have for our business, which was in fact an audiotape of my husband agreeing to whatever their fast-talking salesman was saying! After that initial sales call, we didn't receive anything to review (like a contract) or cancel. Then 3 months later we starting getting bills for $149.00 a month - totalling $1788 a year! We immediately contacted their Customer Service Manager (Claire) who said she wasn't sure WHAT their cancelation policy was. (In reality, they do not have one!) I told her I wanted to cancel the "account", and she said we could but we would still have to pay the $1788. 00. Who is the governing authority for AT&T Yellowpages.com? THey don't even have an address that you can mail a real letter to! I do not want this account, I can't afford to pay this, I want to cancel it entirely. Also, reading the fineprint on their website opened my eyes to something they also FORGOT to tell me: This "contract" is automatically renewed!!

I sent them emails stating this, and was told I was "eligible for cancelation on 1-6-09"..

• Valerie May 27, 2008

A yellowpages.com representative called me and we setup a meeting to discuss advertisement. During this meeting the rep's computer would not accept a digital signature, so he printed out a copy for me to sign. Upon signing the agreement we had a verbal agreement the contract would not go live until I gave them the go ahead, the rep also agreed to send me a copy of the contract/order.

I emailed them that same day stating I would not be able to use there service. No response was received. One week later I emailed them again, they said there 'spam filter' must have caught the email as they never got it, they also stated that the contract went live and that they could not stop it now.

I responded asking for a copy of the contract and order, they failed to send one.

Because this service was unwanted I refused to pay them. Now they have a collections agency coming after me for 12 months of service(I only got 4 before they canceled). The contract stated that they have the right to cancel, but does not state that I would need to pay for 12 months.

I asked the collections department if I could cancel my service and I would pay for the 4 months. They stated that I cannot cancel, as it is there decision to make. There was also several misspellings and misleading phrases in my ads.

James Rhodes Feb 24, 2009

I'm really baffled by all of this. I actually listened to what I was agreeing to on the phone. I had no problems, and I've been getting solid calls from my listing for almost 3 years. Obviously I can't cancel in the middle of a CONTRACT. Honestly, you people are the reason most markets see small business owners as big "children". If you did't want it, DON'T say yes in the voice verify thing. I've renewed twice, and I knew what I was doing each time.

Also, he sent me his screenshots of the call reports and "hits" that others were getting in Auto Repair, which is why I signed up...so I don't see how anyone could lie about it. I personally LIKE my rep. Maybe he's the only guy in the company that pays attention to his clients, but I've never had a problem, and we go over my call reports ever 2-3 months or so to track my return income from the listings.

James Rhodes Feb 24, 2009

Weird, I've gotten all of the clicks I was supposed to. One year it went over the 12 months but I didn't have to pay for it. Not sure exactly what your complaint is. You pay for a set # in the contract right?

• Da
    Danny Mar 09, 2009

I got the clicks they delivered plus some more. The contract promised me an allotted amount with rollover protection. I actually got 15 percent more clicks than what was promised in the contract. The rep, Geoffrey Wexler, was very helpful and upfront. With all advertising nobody can really guarantee you much, because they can't even guarantee that you pick up the phone, let alone close the deal. It comes down the branding. Their search engine marketing packages are legit and AT&T owns the largest phone directory outright - yellowpages.com. You pay for BRANDING on the business phone book, hoping for phone calls - that is what the offer. Even the Super Bowl ads are creative BRANDING. A business pays 2.5 million for 30 seconds without guarantees. I just chose to put my money in Internet Marketing because the returns are typically higher than non directional marketing efforts. I like Google, Yahoo, Yellowpages.com and I see value with SEM, SEO, and directional marketing. Don't get me wrong, creative marketing, when done correctly, can be valuable exposure as well. If you're looking for a good rep, my rep Geoff can be reached at [protected]

Danny

• Ri
    ricknm Apr 21, 2009

they did not live up to what they said paid ad would do.. sales reps are leaving false good reviews for people starting ad with them--anyone know how to proceed with lawsuit let me know. i have documentation backing up my accusations.

• Ba
    Barry Hill Apr 29, 2009

We are investigating promises made by sales reps as to the number of clicks per month vs. actual number of clicks.

We are required, as lawyers, to identify this message as advertising material.

Barry Hill
    Anapol, Schwartz, Weiss, Cohan, Feldman & Smalley, P.C.
    West Virginia Office
    89 12th Street
    Wheeling WV 26003
    304.233.4966
    [protected]@anapolschwartz.com

• Pa
    Paul Perkins Jun 14, 2009

I am an attorney in New Jersey. I have filed a class action. Would you have a minute when I could contact you?

Thanks!

800.656.9529

• Be
    Been ucked Aug 09, 2009

I also have been ripped off by Michelle Jones at AT&T
    She wont even return my calls.
    I also was fast talked into agreeing, my bill is 262 dollars a month, for nothing. I have received 0 zero, , , zero hits
    the info is bleak on thier add. and
    Her manager, also wont return my calls.
    I will get an attorney
    this company is why small companies fail.
    A T & T advertising absolutly sucks all the life out of you
    My stomach hurts when I think about this problem.
    I hate them and what they are putting me through
    they also told me I could cancel, anytime, but the bills keep coming, but nothing else, no return calls, and no customers.
    James, I am sorry but you must not be with the same ATT
    as all of us.
    I will be going to the Atty General and I suggest everyone should
    DL

• Bo
    bobtheman Aug 09, 2009

What IS IT with people acting like the government needs to do everything for them? If you don't like their business practices, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

• He
    herbalmagickinc Aug 26, 2009

YellowPages.com started calling me on Thursday, August 20. At my store to confirm my business information.
    My statement was, if you are confirming my information. then you already have it and I will let you know if it's correct. I then responded to the questions with affirmative or Correct, being careful not to say YES to anything
    I then confirmed my information with them and afterward hung up to take care of my clientelle.
    They then continue to call me 30 times in 3 hours, tying up my phone lines and my credit machine So I was having a very difficult time caring for my customers.
    I have told them to put me on the do not call list, Not interested, Get off my (blankity blank phone) and so on.
    They then called 15 times on Friday, 4 times on Saturday, and 15 times on Tuesday.
    By this time I'm fed up!!
    I called the police and filed a harrasement report against them so I can now have my phone traced, because in New York, you can't have your lines traced without a police report. Their number always comes up unknown and isn't readable with *69.
    He then called 6 times on Wednesday before I let the cat out of bag.
    Told the Indian Man that I had filed a report with the local police deptartment, The NY state atty. Generals office, and the phone company.
    He then said he wasn't doing anything wrong. I went to dial the number to trace the call and he wouldn't hang up on his end to free the line.
    This is Blatant harrassment

JOSHTHELIARATTWA Aug 28, 2009

I got sucked into this trap too. The rep came in and begged to have me sign up. He even offered to pay for the first month of the contract. He didn't count on me tracking the crap that they call clicks. He begged and put pressure on to sign in less than 24 hours. We thought he was honest, saying he was a good Christian Church goer... BULL****! 6 months later he is totally MIA and left me my last email that it was all out of his hands. He works in the eastside Seattle AT&T Yellowpages.com area as a sales rep. He LIES and he'll even show you reports on the computer and then say that he'll lose his job for showing you all the success other have had but he shows you so you think he's a good guy trying to help. He will promise you the world in clicks but BEWARE he doesn't even know what the program is... for crying out loud he doesn't even know how the ads even work or what kind of Keywords to use. Post a comment after this thread and I'll get back to you with more information. If you have been messed up by this fool or others please let me know. I'm working on a large case and I have months and months of documented evidence and I'm not talking the baby google analytics... I mean serious tracking! get back to me if you have info!

• Al
    allstarchemdry Sep 18, 2009

I got a call from them wanting me to "verify my address"and the rep kept talking over the recording, most of it was ok but the last thing, she said "this is just for the free listing " but the recorded voice was saying something like $59.95" so I said "What was that? I didn't understand"and she hung up on me. They were trying to scam me into recording my YES by lying about what I was agreeing to. Fortunately I've (or unfortunately) I've had this happen too often to say the word YES on a recording -- never do it for any company -- say something else like I understand or I comprehend. They'll hang up on you if it's a scam, which it usually is.

• Au
    austintechgirl Dec 23, 2009

These guys are kings of the bait and switch. Once you sign up, any tiny modification to the agreement, such as categories you advertise under, add an additional year to your agreement. Your contract won't say that but it's in there. Save yourself some aggravation and do your own search engine optimization and skip the outrageous fee and poor service of these folks. Hard to believe AT&T would let their name be attached to such shoddy service. If you do use them, double and triple check that everything is right before you sign it since the salespeople are pretty dingy. Also, be ready to get a lot of calls from other employees who try to take your contract away from the rep who sold it to you. I got calls from four different people in 3 days. The customer service number is useless, they just tell you to call your salesperson on his/her cellphone. Most importantly, they promise to drive a lot of traffic to your site but don't. We're essentially giving them $87 per month for nothing.

• Re
    rexs Feb 15, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Josh he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.

janiceapco Mar 26, 2010

They let someone post a scandalous review which was obviously a lie about my small company. When I reported they said they don't monitor the reviews and wouldn't post a retraction...I had proof what the immature reviewer said was a lie and the bad review was one person trying to ruin a small business. WHY WOULD YELLOWPAGES.COM ALLOW someone to come onto their site and do this. The reviewer didn't even know what our product was and said he lost $100, 000 due to us not taking returns...and well, $100, 000 is our sales for a year. I think we would have remembered this clown. I blame yellow pages for posting the review.

Anthony00001 Dec 02, 2010

I have had at&t for over a year they are a total rip. My ad a free listing always is removed from the site and take on average a month until its replaced and about 500 phone calls from me to them. They just suck I'd love to bring a law suit agianst them.

• Mi
    Mirror Mirror Hair Studio Mar 16, 2015

Getting the clicks promised? Really? You must be one of their representatives. They have no mercy when trying to deal with customer service. Their contracts are misleading. Their numbers are fabricated. I have not gained one " NOT ONE" customer from this company. Maybe I’m wrong in believing that is what was suppose to happen. Want to find out how effective they really are? Ask any new client where they received information about your company from. This company is the biggest organized scam to date.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices