Menu

reviews & complaints

YellowPages Complaints Summary

20 Resolved
49 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from YellowPages with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for YellowPages has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of YellowPages. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

YellowPages complaints 69

Rogue concrete services, owner Kevin Shute. Address

604 E 19th Ave

Post Falls, Idaho 83854

[protected]

The person I purchased my home through hired subs for different work I needed done on the exterior and this was one. He came out March 27th and framed, the 28th and poured a driveway and sidewalks but didn’t center my driveway as I’d requested, sealed my fresh pour the 29th without my knowledge and sealing isn’t to be done for 30 days, the 30th came back and cut lines again without my knowledge and after the 24 hour mark meaning to late and causing significant damage. They also left two rough spots on the driveway, tons of excess concrete along the edges, there are chips and gauges throughout, they used a flex board at the top of the drive leaving a wave instead of a straight line and when removing the boards that was left and I had to remove. He had ignored my attempts to communicate this horrific job, has not returned to do anything, he cashed my deposit check and final check the same day. I research him and cannot find anything and Harry Lundy from Turn Key Homes refuses to speak on it, he is as shady. I’m beside myself as the other subs are equally horrible!

Desired outcome: Full Refund

K
1:36 pm EDT

YellowPages yellow page filed collections on my company on charges that were not agreed to .

18 months ago yellow pages filed a claim to a 3rd party collections over charges that was never accepted by me with Grossman Tree Service. ALL the SERVICES that they lied about in the first place was cancelled and closed and taken care of in FULL .

I spoke to several people over the phone and had everything cancelled and paid. I owe nothing. thank

R
5:34 pm EDT

YellowPages My contact details unnecessarily showing in yellow pages

I didn't upload my details but they r appearing in yellow pages as if I am selling home made wine in Hyderabad, can you please remove u name from the contact details. I am not selling any wine i never made wine

Desired outcome: My name and contact details to be removed from yellow pages

Is YellowPages legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals YellowPages as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 28% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, YellowPages stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering YellowPages should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

YellowPages earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: YellowPages achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for YellowPages. The company provides a physical address, 13 phone numbers, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

YellowPages has claimed the domain name for yellowpages.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Yellowpages.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Several mixed reviews for YellowPages have been found on various review sites. While some customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported issues with their products or customer service. It's important to read and consider a variety of reviews before making a decision to purchase from this website.

We looked up YellowPages and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with YellowPages's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 28% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • YellowPages's website has revealed that it is not properly optimized for search engines. This could be a red flag indicating that the company is attempting to hide its activities from the public.
  • YellowPages protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
7:32 pm EDT

YellowPages United Nations Van Lines has not delivered furniture within the parameters of their contract.

United Nations Van Lines contract implies delivery will occur no more than 17 business days following my contacting them to request delivery. I contacted them on August 30, 2021 stating that my house is ready on September 8, 2021 and I am ready to receive my furniture. Now they are saying that I requested delivery as of the 8th which I did not. Today is October 2, 2021, 24 days post contact, and United Nations Van Lines will not give me a date for delivery. They have stated that DOT allows them 30 business days, which I don't believe to be true. No where in their contract does it state that they have 30 days in accordance with DOT compliance. United Nations has failed to communicate its' intentions, and is out of compliance with the intent of their contract. They have my money, and my belongings are being held hostage.

Desired outcome: Delivery of furniture ASAP

B
5:11 pm EDT

YellowPages No response from representatives for 2 1/2 months plus/cost is prohibitive for marketing return

Our company signed a contract for marketing in Yellow Pages. On 6/16/21 I emailed our rep Jan Garey asking for her to update us on our performance and answer questions. Email came back as undeliverable. Tried calling her, left her a voice mail, no response. A few weeks later I called Thryv asking what was happening and who our rep is, since we had never received any notice of who new rep was. (I looked Jan Garey up on Facebook and realized she is retired.) Left a voicemail for the new rep, Jessica Roth, but never heard back. Sent an email on July 15 to her asking for her to call me back or respond. No response. Two months later, out of the blue on 8/19/21 I get a call from Beth Engel saying she is our new rep and that she will call me back with the data and information I am looking for. She said she would call me the following Monday. NO phone call OR email. I am done. Turns out this is a lot of money for our small business with very little return. Something like 28 leads over 3 months of advertising. You are charging us an extremely high amount of money ($600+ per month) to do nothing for us. Please cancel our account immediately.

Desired outcome: Cancellation of contract

12:28 pm EDT

YellowPages Consultation

Yellow pages representative did not communicate their terms correctly, but more importantly disclosed private information "MISTAKENLY" on my ad and did not fix. They put my personal information (home address on the internet). As I ran into issues accessing their portal and reached out to the account manager who I was working with, he told me the ad did not have to do with them (later confirmed IT DID). As a result of this mistake I had people whom I had previously had no contact orders against find my address and stalk me, now requiring me to seek police and legal help. It has now been 3 months with no resolution, I have requested to terminate my contract on several occasions of which they HAVE NOT. All while causing me the mental exhaustion dealing with the legal issues as well as unnecessary fees for now a BLANK AD as that was all they did to resolve (3 MONTHS LATER). I now have to deal with yellow pages fees in addition to all the fees to deal with the consequences of this including my therapist.

Desired outcome: return my money and terminate ads IMMEDIATELY

5:57 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YellowPages Bad treatment and selfishness of tembisa local taxi association executive

Tembisa Local Taxi Association Executive has turned the Association into business that benefits their pockets, discriminating its members and bullying them, they occupied all the sub ranks and collects funds from the members un announced and with force, they disrespect and abuse power. they turned the association into their private company that benefits only them and they do as they wish without complying to any constitution of the taxi industry.

Desired outcome: Can SANTACO please intervene and let the Association run as other Associations with regulations.

M
3:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YellowPages unauthorized credit card charges

I've been advertising via yellow pages for the last one year. Based on the contract I gave the credit card information for the billing for one year. That contract was ended in August. Since there is no changes in the volume of my business due to the advertisement and it's a financial burden, i keep calling them for more than 2-months to cancel my contract. When I phoned them today, a customer care representative (Eugine) said that my contract has been renewed automatically.

Without my consent I have no idea how they renew my contract and taking out the money using my credit card.

I would like to cancel this contract immediately. I'm not willing to renew my contract hereafter.

A
4:54 am EDT

YellowPages advertising in yellow pages

Dear sir /madam, myself Ashish Goyal prop. of magic sales corporation got cheated by yellow pages, as Your employee charged Rs. 1200 on 24/9/19, for advertising in book, but till now there is no advertisement 30/5/19, he told me, that book will be given in January with advertisement, as your Patel Nagar office also not giving my money back, please refund money as soon as possible

View 0 more photos
J
10:02 pm EDT

YellowPages predatory marketing and verbal contracts

I have the same complaint regarding YP as everyone else seems to. They are a predatory company who employ tricks to get you to verbally agree to a renewing contract.

I have started a Facebook advocacy group for those burned by YP. Search FB for "Burn the Yellow Pages" to join! We have resources for reporting their fraud, legal advice, and an opt out link for the book, as nobody still needs one of these!

"Burn the Yellow Pages"

G
9:21 pm EST

YellowPages address book cover image

I received my address book and was disturbed to see the cover image. It is a photo of a local statue of Confederate General Mouton. The city of Lafayette is actually in debates with local groups on moving the statue. It is in very bad taste to choose a image that perpetuate racist ideology and brings pain to so many of Lafayette, LA citizens. Your marketing team made a horrible decision!

View 0 more photos
A
5:22 pm EDT

YellowPages service charges

2018/09/27
Customer # [protected]
Invoice # Created by Yellowpages [protected]
Requesting to be completely removed from list of companies numbers and or email and incorrect address as there are complains.

Unwanted Charges and Services
I started getting mail after getting repeated calls to my business... non stop calls for services. After being extremely angry at the calls and yelling that they remove me from any lists as its completely fraud and spam the bills have not stopped. I am going to treat this last bill as SPAM and will be taking extreme actions as others have also to stop this from happening to other businesses.

9:45 am EST

YellowPages mccurtain construction

Kenny mc Curtain has been using unsafe materials. Drywall mud was old and had mold in it, and continued to use it. Has started a couple jobs and has walked off not finishing them. There were alot of things were not appropriately put together, some materials that were supposed to be family services, and used elsewhere. Also using speed endused drugs, sadly I was an employee thats how I know . He refuses to pay me the money he owes due to me telling the truth.

G
3:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YellowPages my company g.a. queencrete llc.

I started the listing in march 2017.
I was not award of contract.. we had meet with jim Rob. Lets signed up for it but untill today I did not see the use it was in complete servicing I compliant to jim but he keep on refered my to web I could not find my company service label over time got frustrated with yp and ask to concealed the Services but he did tell me that I was bound to a contract.. yet and and call or wont be able to find it as company that legit.. I keep calling yp main line but they just telling you got wait untill my service contract is up in march.. I got email saying "sorry to see me go" but still getting billing with no legit answer or service

I am looking for people thats interested in law suit.. calling Bbb, federal trade commission also.

Giday. A.

Read full review of YellowPages and 1 comment
1 comment
Oct 11, 2017 5:15 pm EDT

Hi -

I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined. This matter was escalated to Chris in our Client Care Dept. Chris advises that he reached out to you regarding this matter and discussed all concerns.

Ed

7:50 pm EDT

YellowPages web page

Customer ID [protected]
Grael Trucking LLC

The first of May 2017 I decided with the "help" of Ryan Womack to advertise with Yellow pages. He assured me that my website was going to be wonderful and that the 80.00 per month was going to be well worth it. I received the first website proof and it look ridiculous! It was so bad that even Ryan said that it was bad the second was more of the same. At one point he even told me that he was working on it himself because it looked so amature.

2 months go by and after still not receiving a final approved website I tell Ryan just cancel everything and that I wasn't going to do business with YP and that it was a waste of time. Ryan came back with "my manager and I listened to the recordings and you agreed to the one year contract".

I received an email from the website department weeks later saying "here's your website" and the new web address. Not only was the website more of the same, but I never even approved the new website address. I emailed back and told them that I never approved any of this and to remove it immediately. I then get an email saying contact Ryan to cancel the website.

So now I have made several payments for a website that was never approved or finished and they won't cancel it even though the job was never done.

Obviously I do not need to add correspondence regarding this since Ryan let me know that under no circumstances will I not be able to end my contract because he has a recording of it and of course the contract I signed. Which I never received a copy of.

Read full review of YellowPages and 2 comments
2 comments
Aug 08, 2017 3:38 pm EDT

Hi - We're sorry to hear of this matter and would like to look into it for you. If you could, please reply here or via email at Social@dexmedia.com providing your business name/address, and a preferred contact number for follow up. Thank you, Ed.

Author of the review
Trints70
, US
Aug 08, 2017 3:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of Thryv

Ed,

Thank you for commenting and stating you would look into this, but unfortunately I have tried several times to get this contract cancelled without any success. I either get "I'm sorry I will look into this" and either do not get a response back or "You're in a contract". I have lost all faith in the business practices of the yellow pages.

Trina
Grael Trucking
Portland, OR

Aug 09, 2017 1:59 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Trints70

Hi Trina - I hate to hear that's been the experience and that customer service expectations weren't met. I've passed your information to our Client Care team for follow up. This matter will be revisited to see if we can try to work toward a resolution. Thanks, Ed!

10:45 pm EDT

YellowPages not saying that they would do online advertising

I been using google adwords for a long time now. Then yp called and said that could run my ad for less money and have the listing on all 3 major search engines sites in the top position. So I went for it, first week or so the listing was running good and then all of a sudden it would run 1 or 2. 3 days and then down for 1, 2, 3 days at a time. I called my rep every time it was down and told him I cant have this to much competition in my field. He sail he would fix this. One to two months went by and still the same thing. I even had to run my own ads every time the yp ads didn't run and cost me more money. I just cant afford to run my ad and yp together. I talked to my rep again said i'm not paying my bill until the yp ran every day at top space. At all 3 search sites. Month later still the same thing I waned to cancel, he sad I couldn't until I payed 6 months at $800 a month I said no. Now i'm in collections. If there a class action suit against yp advertising I want to join.
Well all I got say is do not use yp for your advertising!

2:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YellowPages cancellation of ad, for apartment rental and ad for pet sitting service no longer available

I own a duplex since 1998, when I need to place an ad I call the local news paper when the apartment is rented I call the local news paper no prolem they cancel.
I also did pet sitting and had an ad in the local news paper.
In january 2017 I received a call from yellow pages extolling the benefits of placing my ads with them instead of local news paper.
Cheaper, larger audience.
Sounded good
They recorded both conversation having me agree to 15.00 plus tax for 12 months also agree to 29.00 plus tax for 12 months
March 1st I rented the apartment. I called the same person I talked to in january to cancel my ad.
She was on vacation so I left a message
Then about 2 weeks later also in march I had to stop pet sitting
Again I called the same person back who was back from vacation
And told her I would be canceling my ad for pet sitting
Now on may I 2017 I received an email from yellow pages stating
I owed 38.99
I called the same person back and asked why
She did not know but said she would look into it
She gave me a customer service number
Well since may I to today may 10, 2017 I have had many different conversations and many different emails with an awful lot of customer complaint departments of yellow pages concerning
Why my cancelation of both my adds in march was not being recognizied. All everyone in that company say.
To bad you have a contract for 12 months so whether you need the add or not we will continue to take 38.99 from may 2017 on for 12 months
They sent me the two conversations I had in january and I listened to what was sayed between me and that first person.
Yes I give my name
Yes I hear her say what the add is for, pet sitting and apartment rental
Yes I hear her say the amount plus tax
Yes I agree for 12 months
But not once to I hear her explain that if I ever rent my apartment I would still be charged
Also not once was it explained to me if I have to stop pet sitting I would still be charged
In one of the recorded messages they sent I do hear very quickly that person mention about terms ect. But no where does she say before you agree you have to read the terms first
I was asked my name told the add bold print the area the cost plus tax and then I was asked to say I agree or not
So I hear myself say yes I agree
If I had known that that person was well aware that I was not given all the details only enough details to make the sell
If I had all the facts explained of course I would not of agreed

R
11:58 pm EDT

YellowPages online directory listing

In 2012, I started receiving phone calls from a company identifying itself as Yellow Pages-USA. They said that they were calling to updating the company's information for the yellow pages. I verified the information then I started receiving faxed bills for $1188 from a company called Open Business Directory (which also uses the alias Yellow Pages USA). They call small businesses asking them to update or verify the information for their online Yellow Pages listing. They are masquerading as the local yellow pages. If you verify your information, you will receive a fax demanding a payment of $1188 and stating that you entered a legal contract with them. They will also threaten you with legal action. In my case, information that Open Business Directory claims to have listed online does not contain the correct address of my business. This proves that this information was not provided by me or anyone at my company. Yet I have been receiving faxed invoices for $1238 (they added a $50 late fee) and have been sending a bill for 4 years now with a threat of legal action. I have called them and informed them that I have not made any contract for any services from them. They refuse to provide any documentation to support their false claim that I agreed to this service, and I have refused to pay them anything. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and they provided some long rambling response that said nothing, and the peony invoices continued. I contacted the Federal Trade Commission today and filed a report with them. The FTC officer said that they are aware of this company and its fraudulent practices. I have never seen any online listing from this company. Also, the fraudulent invoices that this company faxes to me include a telephone number and a fax number. This company which claims to be an online listing service does not even have a website. It is a completely fraudulent company.

C
11:39 am EDT

YellowPages electronic repair services

We are CanTek Microsystems, electronics repair company, located in Brooks AB, been fixing electronics for EasyHome local store, located in Brooks /closed now, for about two years. For all that time we always had problems to get paid for services we have done for EasyHome. We still have have 5 unpaid invoices from 2015 and the last one from Feb 2016.
Dealing with EasyHome accounting department (located in Ontario)always like a playing games. Sure they like to waste everybody's time. Emailing /faxing invoices were never good enough, those what were sent by a courier - still was ignored. The person name we dealt with - Aphya (not sure if i spell her name right) from accounting department, she always find an excuse to delay/avoid payments. After dealing for about two years and spent hours on the phone with her (what a waste!), finally we received one cheque from Easy home for amount of 42$ - one of the smallest one from all unpaid invoices they owed us. It was like a joke.
For the large company like EasyHome it is a shame to play games when it's come to payments. We are tired to deal with all that and moving all paper work to collection agency.

Q
7:15 am EDT

YellowPages can't log in!

I have an account on www.yellowpages.com and I am a long time user.
Something happened to my account and now I can't log in. I tried everything but nothing helped. I really need to access my account and only YellowPages customer support can help me with that. I would be happy to get some help from them, but unfortunately they are ignoring me and do not reply!
Very disappointed with this service!

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

YellowPages contacts