YellowPages company logo
YellowPages
reviews & complaints
YellowPages
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

64 complaints
19 resolved 45 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

YellowPages reviews & complaints

YellowPages complaints 64

YellowPages - United Nations Van Lines has not delivered furniture within the parameters of their contract.

United Nations Van Lines contract implies delivery will occur no more than 17 business days following my contacting them to request delivery. I contacted them on August 30, 2021 stating that my house is ready on September 8, 2021 and I am ready to receive my furniture. Now they are saying that I requested delivery as of the 8th which I did not. Today is October 2, 2021, 24 days post contact, and United Nations Van Lines will not give me a date for delivery. They have stated that DOT allows them 30 business days, which I don't believe to be true. No where in their contract does it state that they have 30 days in accordance with DOT compliance. United Nations has failed to communicate its' intentions, and is out of compliance with the intent of their contract. They have my money, and my belongings are being held hostage.

Desired outcome: Delivery of furniture ASAP

YellowPages - No response from representatives for 2 1/2 months plus/cost is prohibitive for marketing return

Our company signed a contract for marketing in Yellow Pages. On 6/16/21 I emailed our rep Jan Garey asking for her to update us on our performance and answer questions. Email came back as undeliverable. Tried calling her, left her a voice mail, no response. A few weeks later I called Thryv asking what was happening and who our rep is, since we had never received any notice of who new rep was. (I looked Jan Garey up on Facebook and realized she is retired.) Left a voicemail for the new rep, Jessica Roth, but never heard back. Sent an email on July 15 to her asking for her to call me back or respond. No response. Two months later, out of the blue on 8/19/21 I get a call from Beth Engel saying she is our new rep and that she will call me back with the data and information I am looking for. She said she would call me the following Monday. NO phone call OR email. I am done. Turns out this is a lot of money for our small business with very little return. Something like 28 leads over 3 months of advertising. You are charging us an extremely high amount of money ($600+ per month) to do nothing for us. Please cancel our account immediately.

Desired outcome: Cancellation of contract

YellowPages - Consultation

Yellow pages representative did not communicate their terms correctly, but more importantly disclosed private information "MISTAKENLY" on my ad and did not fix. They put my personal information (home address on the internet). As I ran into issues accessing their portal and reached out to the account manager who I was working with, he told me the ad did not have to do with them (later confirmed IT DID). As a result of this mistake I had people whom I had previously had no contact orders against find my address and stalk me, now requiring me to seek police and legal help. It has now been 3 months with no resolution, I have requested to terminate my contract on several occasions of which they HAVE NOT. All while causing me the mental exhaustion dealing with the legal issues as well as unnecessary fees for now a BLANK AD as that was all they did to resolve (3 MONTHS LATER). I now have to deal with yellow pages fees in addition to all the fees to deal with the consequences of this including my therapist.

Desired outcome: return my money and terminate ads IMMEDIATELY

ADVERTISIMENT

YellowPages - Bad treatment and selfishness of tembisa local taxi association executive

Tembisa Local Taxi Association Executive has turned the Association into business that benefits their pockets, discriminating its members and bullying them, they occupied all the sub ranks and collects funds from the members un announced and with force, they disrespect and abuse power. they turned the association into their private company that benefits only them and they do as they wish without complying to any constitution of the taxi industry.

Desired outcome: Can SANTACO please intervene and let the Association run as other Associations with regulations.

YellowPages - unauthorized credit card charges

I've been advertising via yellow pages for the last one year. Based on the contract I gave the credit card information for the billing for one year. That contract was ended in August. Since there is no changes in the volume of my business due to the advertisement and it's a financial burden, i keep calling them for more than 2-months to cancel my contract. When I phoned them today, a customer care representative (Eugine) said that my contract has been renewed automatically.

Without my consent I have no idea how they renew my contract and taking out the money using my credit card.

I would like to cancel this contract immediately. I'm not willing to renew my contract hereafter.

YellowPages - advertising in yellow pages

Dear sir /madam, myself Ashish Goyal prop. of magic sales corporation got cheated by yellow pages, as Your employee charged Rs. 1200 on 24/9/19, for advertising in book, but till now there is no...

YellowPages - predatory marketing and verbal contracts

I have the same complaint regarding YP as everyone else seems to. They are a predatory company who employ tricks to get you to verbally agree to a renewing contract. I have started a Facebook...

G

YellowPages - address book cover image

I received my address book and was disturbed to see the cover image. It is a photo of a local statue of Confederate General Mouton. The city of Lafayette is actually in debates with local groups on...

A
Oct 18, 2018

YellowPages - service charges

2018/09/27
Customer # [protected]
Invoice # Created by Yellowpages [protected]
Requesting to be completely removed from list of companies numbers and or email and incorrect address as there are complains.

Unwanted Charges and Services
I started getting mail after getting repeated calls to my business... non stop calls for services. After being extremely angry at the calls and yelling that they remove me from any lists as its completely fraud and spam the bills have not stopped. I am going to treat this last bill as SPAM and will be taking extreme actions as others have also to stop this from happening to other businesses.

S
Nov 30, 2017

YellowPages - mccurtain construction

Kenny mc Curtain has been using unsafe materials. Drywall mud was old and had mold in it, and continued to use it. Has started a couple jobs and has walked off not finishing them. There were alot of things were not appropriately put together, some materials that were supposed to be family services, and used elsewhere. Also using speed endused drugs, sadly I was an employee thats how I know . He refuses to pay me the money he owes due to me telling the truth.

G
Sep 05, 2017

YellowPages - my company g.a. queencrete llc.

I started the listing in march 2017.
I was not award of contract.. we had meet with jim Rob. Lets signed up for it but untill today I did not see the use it was in complete servicing I compliant to jim but he keep on refered my to web I could not find my company service label over time got frustrated with yp and ask to concealed the Services but he did tell me that I was bound to a contract.. yet and and call or wont be able to find it as company that legit.. I keep calling yp main line but they just telling you got wait untill my service contract is up in march.. I got email saying "sorry to see me go" but still getting billing with no legit answer or service

I am looking for people thats interested in law suit.. calling Bbb, federal trade commission also.

Giday. A.

Hi -

I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined. This matter was escalated to Chris in our Client Care Dept. Chris advises that he reached out to you regarding this matter and discussed all concerns.

Ed

Aug 07, 2017

YellowPages - web page

Customer ID [protected]
Grael Trucking LLC

The first of May 2017 I decided with the "help" of Ryan Womack to advertise with Yellow pages. He assured me that my website was going to be wonderful and that the 80.00 per month was going to be well worth it. I received the first website proof and it look ridiculous! It was so bad that even Ryan said that it was bad the second was more of the same. At one point he even told me that he was working on it himself because it looked so amature.

2 months go by and after still not receiving a final approved website I tell Ryan just cancel everything and that I wasn't going to do business with YP and that it was a waste of time. Ryan came back with "my manager and I listened to the recordings and you agreed to the one year contract".

I received an email from the website department weeks later saying "here's your website" and the new web address. Not only was the website more of the same, but I never even approved the new website address. I emailed back and told them that I never approved any of this and to remove it immediately. I then get an email saying contact Ryan to cancel the website.

So now I have made several payments for a website that was never approved or finished and they won't cancel it even though the job was never done.

Obviously I do not need to add correspondence regarding this since Ryan let me know that under no circumstances will I not be able to end my contract because he has a recording of it and of course the contract I signed. Which I never received a copy of.

T

Hi - We're sorry to hear of this matter and would like to look into it for you. If you could, please reply here or via email at [email protected] providing your business name/address, and a preferred contact number for follow up. Thank you, Ed.

T

Hi Trina - I hate to hear that's been the experience and that customer service expectations weren't met. I've passed your information to our Client Care team for follow up. This matter will be revisited to see if we can try to work toward a resolution. Thanks, Ed!

Aug 08, 2017

Ed,

Thank you for commenting and stating you would look into this, but unfortunately I have tried several times to get this contract cancelled without any success. I either get "I'm sorry I will look into this" and either do not get a response back or "You're in a contract". I have lost all faith in the business practices of the yellow pages.

Trina
Grael Trucking
Portland, OR

Jun 18, 2017

YellowPages - not saying that they would do online advertising

I been using google adwords for a long time now. Then yp called and said that could run my ad for less money and have the listing on all 3 major search engines sites in the top position. So I went for it, first week or so the listing was running good and then all of a sudden it would run 1 or 2. 3 days and then down for 1, 2, 3 days at a time. I called my rep every time it was down and told him I cant have this to much competition in my field. He sail he would fix this. One to two months went by and still the same thing. I even had to run my own ads every time the yp ads didn't run and cost me more money. I just cant afford to run my ad and yp together. I talked to my rep again said i'm not paying my bill until the yp ran every day at top space. At all 3 search sites. Month later still the same thing I waned to cancel, he sad I couldn't until I payed 6 months at $800 a month I said no. Now i'm in collections. If there a class action suit against yp advertising I want to join.
Well all I got say is do not use yp for your advertising!

T

YellowPages - cancellation of ad, for apartment rental and ad for pet sitting service no longer available

I own a duplex since 1998, when I need to place an ad I call the local news paper when the apartment is rented I call the local news paper no prolem they cancel.
I also did pet sitting and had an ad in the local news paper.
In january 2017 I received a call from yellow pages extolling the benefits of placing my ads with them instead of local news paper.
Cheaper, larger audience.
Sounded good
They recorded both conversation having me agree to 15.00 plus tax for 12 months also agree to 29.00 plus tax for 12 months
March 1st I rented the apartment. I called the same person I talked to in january to cancel my ad.
She was on vacation so I left a message
Then about 2 weeks later also in march I had to stop pet sitting
Again I called the same person back who was back from vacation
And told her I would be canceling my ad for pet sitting
Now on may I 2017 I received an email from yellow pages stating
I owed 38.99
I called the same person back and asked why
She did not know but said she would look into it
She gave me a customer service number
Well since may I to today may 10, 2017 I have had many different conversations and many different emails with an awful lot of customer complaint departments of yellow pages concerning
Why my cancelation of both my adds in march was not being recognizied. All everyone in that company say.
To bad you have a contract for 12 months so whether you need the add or not we will continue to take 38.99 from may 2017 on for 12 months
They sent me the two conversations I had in january and I listened to what was sayed between me and that first person.
Yes I give my name
Yes I hear her say what the add is for, pet sitting and apartment rental
Yes I hear her say the amount plus tax
Yes I agree for 12 months
But not once to I hear her explain that if I ever rent my apartment I would still be charged
Also not once was it explained to me if I have to stop pet sitting I would still be charged
In one of the recorded messages they sent I do hear very quickly that person mention about terms ect. But no where does she say before you agree you have to read the terms first
I was asked my name told the add bold print the area the cost plus tax and then I was asked to say I agree or not
So I hear myself say yes I agree
If I had known that that person was well aware that I was not given all the details only enough details to make the sell
If I had all the facts explained of course I would not of agreed

R
Oct 14, 2016

YellowPages - online directory listing

In 2012, I started receiving phone calls from a company identifying itself as Yellow Pages-USA. They said that they were calling to updating the company's information for the yellow pages. I verified the information then I started receiving faxed bills for $1188 from a company called Open Business Directory (which also uses the alias Yellow Pages USA). They call small businesses asking them to update or verify the information for their online Yellow Pages listing. They are masquerading as the local yellow pages. If you verify your information, you will receive a fax demanding a payment of $1188 and stating that you entered a legal contract with them. They will also threaten you with legal action. In my case, information that Open Business Directory claims to have listed online does not contain the correct address of my business. This proves that this information was not provided by me or anyone at my company. Yet I have been receiving faxed invoices for $1238 (they added a $50 late fee) and have been sending a bill for 4 years now with a threat of legal action. I have called them and informed them that I have not made any contract for any services from them. They refuse to provide any documentation to support their false claim that I agreed to this service, and I have refused to pay them anything. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and they provided some long rambling response that said nothing, and the peony invoices continued. I contacted the Federal Trade Commission today and filed a report with them. The FTC officer said that they are aware of this company and its fraudulent practices. I have never seen any online listing from this company. Also, the fraudulent invoices that this company faxes to me include a telephone number and a fax number. This company which claims to be an online listing service does not even have a website. It is a completely fraudulent company.

C
Oct 14, 2016

YellowPages - electronic repair services

We are CanTek Microsystems, electronics repair company, located in Brooks AB, been fixing electronics for EasyHome local store, located in Brooks /closed now, for about two years. For all that time...

Q
Sep 30, 2016

YellowPages - can't log in!

I have an account on www.yellowpages.com and I am a long time user.
Something happened to my account and now I can't log in. I tried everything but nothing helped. I really need to access my account and only YellowPages customer support can help me with that. I would be happy to get some help from them, but unfortunately they are ignoring me and do not reply!
Very disappointed with this service!

C
Sep 29, 2016

YellowPages - online advertising

Do not ever sign up with yellow pages group.
They are a scam for all businesses.
The contracts are unethical and misrepresenting.
This online advertising has been a total scam of my money and is proving to be detrimental to my business! Please read the following carefully for it may save you from wasting lots of money.

1 - yellow pages group is the only one in the contract that can cancel the service. So if you signed up for $247 a month for 12 months and want to cancel after the first month you can't. I am currently signed up for a contract that costs me the amount listed above and when I asked to cancel after the second month they refused to cancel. I am stuck with this contract and filing complaints with bbb because of it.

2 - the terms and conditions do not need to be read, signed or agreed upon by you. So when you sign up for the services over the phone they just send you the terms and conditions in an e-mail, in which, get this, they actually list in the terms and conditions that they do not need to be signed, agreed upon, or even read by you. You just sign up on the phone and that's it, your locked into their terms whether you like them or not.

3 - the contract may be described as what they told me as, I quote, "a monthly service which costs $247 a month and extends for 12 months" this is a really misrepresenting way to tell you that your signed up for a 1 year contract that you cannot retreat from and don't even need to agree to their terms and conditions. I thought this meant its just a monthly service in which if not cancelled or terminated will extend for 12 months.

4 - this 12 month contract gets automatically renewed after 9 months. So lets just say you sign up, don't like the service, and want to cancel after a month. They say no your in contract for the next year. You admit defeat and decide to troop it out for the year. At the end of the 12 months you call and say my 1 year contract is over and now i'd like to terminate the services. They will respond with "i'm sorry we renewed your contract 3 months ago and your signed up for another 12 months that you cannot retreat from. Ridiculous.

5 - lets just say that after only 1 month you call them and say I will troop it out and stay for the 1 year contract but I would like to cancel the auto-renewal. They will then respond with "ok, no worries, we've cancelled your auto-renewal". Your now seemingly happy with the situation. Then after the 1 year contract is up, they send you another bill!
You call them back and say wtf I called and cancelled the auto-renewal.In which they will respond with "we don't have any records of that" at this time unless you got the cancellation of the auto-renewal in writing, your now stuck with another 1 year contract that you cannot get out of no matter how much you don't want the services.

Please fellow business owners, listen to my warnings and take note from someone that has been scammed by this company and is currently fighting tooth and nail to have this contract terminated. Never sign up with yellow pages group ever. Tell your friends and family about their unethical business practices and make sure no one supports this company. I can no longer afford these costs for my small business yet the bills keep coming. It has been the single most difficult and frustrating scenario i've ever dealt with, with any company i've ever done business with in my life. I've grown to hate yellow pages group and I assure you will also if you sign up with this company.

If you wish to contact me for any information on how to fight the contract that you may yourself have been roped into or wish to share your story with me please do.
My e-mail is [protected]@gmail.com

J
Aug 29, 2016

YellowPages - password

I get log into my account and no one from YellowPages seems to care! I sent them tons of messages but they simply do not react!
Every time I want to log in there that screen which said that my password is incorrect. I tried the “forgot password” option but it did not help!
Well, I can actually live without it and it's simple enough to make a new account, but the fact that YellowPages customer service doesn't care makes me mad! They completely ignored me and in my opinion that is how they showed their disrespect towards me! I'm officially done with YellowPages!

R
Jan 29, 2016

YellowPages - cancellation is a pain!

Ron Mullin, from Yellow Pages, Vancouver BC, told me that I could cancel the contract before the start date of the service. My YP service was scheduled to start at a latter date because I had to...

1 2 3 4