Having problems with Whitepages?

Whitepages reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 12, 2010. The latest review Premium Background Check was posted on May 2, 2021. The latest complaint i'm being harassed thanks to the information in white pages was resolved on Sep 30, 2018. Whitepages has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 20 reviews. Whitepages has resolved 3 complaints.

Whitepages Customer Service Contacts

1301 5th Ave Suite 1600
Seattle, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Whitepages Customer Service. Initial Whitepages complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Whitepages above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Whitepages. Discuss the issues you have had with Whitepages and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Whitepages Complaints & Reviews

WhitepagesPremium Background Check

On or about April 29, 2021, I ordered a 5 pack of background checks. I got a lot of information I didn't expect, and so decided to check the validity of the service by using one of my background checks on myself. In addition to having an incorrect current address, there was significant criminal history in my background check which wasn't me. Whoever it was had my same first name (Kimberley) and my maiden name (Wakefield) and lived in Ohio, as I used to. Her birthday was 2 days before mine (mine is 11/30; hers is 11/28) in the same year (1969). My race is white, hers is black. While there are some similarities, there is certainly enough information to distinguish me from her that it should not have come up in a background check. All of the others had known discrepancies as well, though less significant. I paid $49.95 for this package.

Whitepagesunauthorized card charges

There have been 2 more fraudulent charges on my card for "history reports" that I did not order. That's $40!!! This is the 2nd and 3rd time this has been don't, so I have cancelled my account, but if I do not get a refund for these charges, I will be reporting you to the bank and the better business bureau, as well as the attorney general. I expect the refund to be credited back forthwith.

Whitepagesopt-out removal

This company has ignored several requests to remove my information from their website using their opt-out form. I purchased their online service and attempted to correct and opt-out to no avail. There is no response from them after multiple requests.

Both accurracte and wildly inaccurate information is offered on their site, as they cater to landlords and prospective employers. I have expressed my desire to opt-out via their web forms and process. The phone number listed for them, +[protected], is answered by a bogus IVR. Their address according to other complaints is:

1301 5th Ave Suite 1600
      Seattle, Washington

This way this business ignores requests to remove/opt-out makes it a one-stop-shop for identity thieves and stalkers.

WhitepagesOrder number: a-s07545165

Due to the fact that the information provided is incorrect!!! I will be contacting my credit card company to deny the charges if the charges are not reversed. It shows my ex wife as my address being her location... Which she hasn't resided here since 2000.
        No wonder I keep getting calls and mailings, looking for her!!!
        It shows all kinds of addresses in washington state which is where she is from.

WhitepagesWhite pages and mylife

I have asked several times to get our personal information off / remove on white pages and my life. It's still there. We have been hacked and scammed that we had to get the police involved due to someone stole our identity twice. These pages should not allow to put up personal information . There's more pages that we are trying to remove our information off. Something should be done to protect the people identity.

White PagesData information

Two incident or more.

1. I found out they put my name under my husband employer' wife and others that in wrong.

2. Yesterday I found out White page again, they tried to use my sister credit and name on me. White page are killing people and insane to rob money and credit other people's child and family and friends like that?

Your file a report to white page, they do not listen and maintain the wrong information on the white page and make an impact to manipulate your wealth and fortune as they wish. I think white page this kind of made up information has to stop and burn to the ground. And sincerely I think the people made this is terrorist from Russia, Romania, France and Japan. They put USA skin on their own precious skin and used check fake ID to robe you. And make USA a wonder money making wonderland.

WhitepagesInternet listing

We have an unpublished listing; therefore, we would like our information deleted from the whitepages web site. We are Pamela Pappas and Paul Pappas residing at 514 Meisel Ave. in Springfield NJ. We have not been successful opting out on line so we are requesting that you do it internally. Please contact us at [protected]@aol.com when you have removed us.
              Paul Pappas
              Pamela Pappas

Aug 04, 2020

White Pages — Charging my master card for no reason $19.99 three to four times a day

From July 26 to present (aug 4) white pages has been charging my Master card every day $19.99, (at least ten...

Feb 19, 2020

Whitepages — personal information

Whitepages provide scary information. They put the people whom I am not known as my relative. The following...

Whitepageswhite pages wrong information

Amelia Ivy appears under our names on white pages. She is a stalker on our information white pages our white page listing should only include James R. Ivy, 236 Camp Branch Road, Trinity, Texas, [protected]. My husband was married to this woman 40 years ago. We don't know how she got our information. Age 74, please remove this person from our white page listings. I am Sandra Ivy, 66, same address as above.

Sep 25, 2019

Whitepages — unauthorized credit card charges

I have never signed up or used even the free service of whitepages yet within the last 4-6 months I have had...

White Pagespersonal information accessed and exposed

My name is Fanta Mcadoo. As an artist I am Afrodikee Huvah Love. My website address is
                  www.afrodikee-entertainment.com
                  As you can see from my website an online store I have website that involves lots of nudity. I do not need my complete info available like your services have done. This is why people info get stolen. As a matter of fact you could be the ones responsible for identity theft. I will be contacting my attorney immediately. I want my information removed immediately before I end up with stalkers due to the nature of my videos. I will be going to great extremes to assure that proper actions are taken against your company blatantly posting crucial information like this. I will not surrender more info to your company to have my info removed. This should be against the law if one has not granted such permission. Where in the hell am I when this happens.

White Pagesdatabase history

Requesting to OPT OUT of any company's database, means not be over looked or set with a time period (6 months of removing public data) and then restoring the data without notification and then you have iformation being provided to the public that is outdated (breech's statue of limitations laws, privacy rights, and defamation of ones character). At what point do we take control and prevent this from happening to avoud ruining a person or person's life. Too many companies such as these out source their customer service departments and you end up dealing with individuals who do not care what is beig reported, do not care that you have false information provided, and at some poimt will take you information and utilize so that they can perform idenity theft in some fashion. We have no checks and balances n place for companies such as this and if the world is too large for companies to control what they publish per haps they should be fined for just cause of not following guidelines that protect the consumer.

Whitepages — i'm being harassed thanks to the information in white pages

My information is being displayed again without my consent. I've tried to deleted and their system doesn't...

Whitepagesinformation

I'm shocked!
                      These guys spread information about people without their notice.
                      I was contacted by a person who I did not even know and when I asked him where did he get my phone number he said that he found it on www.whitepages.com. And that's not all! They also have my address there and everyone can actually find where I live!
                      I don't want that information to be available to everyone! How dare they do those kind of things? It is absolutely illegal!!

Whitepagesdreadful website!

I wanted to try this site and filled in my own name. I wanted to know does this people search really works. So when I entered my name it showed me a list of people that I know. But I had no idea who they were! And also I want to say that in my opinion Whitepages is a dreadful place. You can actually write down a name of the person and you'll see his number, his age and the worst part his address! It is not safe! I don't want everyone to know where I live. Is this even legal?

RESOLVED

• Ar
                            ArniePol Aug 15, 2020

I recently moved but the information in the white pages shows only the old address. How can I update the white pages with my new address?

• Wh
                            Whitepages Apr 27, 2016

Hi there,

Our apologies that you were less than satisfied with our product! We strive to keep our records as up to date as possible with publicly sourced information, but errors do sometimes occur, particularly with our "associated persons" function.
                            In regards to your other concerns, we aim to help people connect with each other by providing a real online identity for individuals on our directory. That said, although all our information comes from public records and other third party sources, we also want people to be safe with the information that is shown online. If you would like to have your data removed, please send in a support ticket to [email protected] with the full name and address to be removed (or a link to the profile in question) and our support team will handle that.

If you have further questions, you can also direct those to [email protected] Thank you!

Tommy
                            Whitepages Support

Whitepages.com — I strongly recommend everyone avoid this site

I made a comment earlier but it didn't give me a chance to rate it. So Here it is - I wish I could give...

Whitepages.com — whitepages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their business listings

WhitePages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their busine...

White Pages — information removal

Whitepages.com has a link to remove listings from their website but it seems to be a SCAM. I found someone...

Whitepages — stole my credit card

I went to whitepages.com to look for a friend's phone number and address. I ended up on their pay site...