Yamaha Motor Corporationpoor customer service

I purchased a 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 as a left over in 2007. After about 7 months and only 400 miles. My spoke rims started to rust and pit. I went back to the dealer and was told this is not normal. When I contacted Yamaha I was told rust is not covered. When I asked Yamaha to please show me where in the warrantee it states rust is not covered they said it is to be assumed. I told Yamaha that the warrantee reads that everything is covered except normal ware and tare. And are they saying that is normal for Yamaha products to rust after 7 months. At that point Yamaha said they would replace the rims but I had to pay the $800.00 labour to install them. This seem absurd to me I have a new bike with 400 miles that is garaged and is covered (with a Yamaha cover) has never been in the rain or road on a wet surface and I have to pay $800.00 for something I did not cause. When I asked for the name of the person in charge Yamaha Motor crop USA I was told no one knows. If you call the 800 number no one will give you a name it is like calling the CIA.

So at this point I am not happy with the way Yamaha handles there responsibility. And if anyone knows who to contact at Yamaha to get some satisfaction please let me know.

• Pa
    Passmore 53 Feb 22, 2018

To all who own any Yamaha PWC make sure you check your oil line. Mine come off destroyed the engine, local Yamaha service department wants $9, 000.00 to fix it. This ski has 100 hrs. I could understand having to do a top end rebuild and could live with that. I just don't understand why Yamaha Corporation didn't disclose this engineering defect and recall these skis to rectify the situation. And why doesn't Yamaha have long block motors to purchase direct from them. If my block was not trashed due to this oil line coming disconnected, I could by a 155hp motor from SBT, PWC Engines starting at $1300.00 to $1800.00. Due to this there will be no future purchases for anything with Yamaha on it. My 900sbt Kawasaki has 50 more hrs. and has never had to be rebuilt, so probably thinking of buying Kawasaki products from this point on. Yamaha needs to pull their head out and admit to their engineering failures, or help all of us who have lost the complete engine because of their poor quality control and failure to communicate out by selling rebuilt engines without core. If not anyone want to buy a 1200gpr excellent condition, just no motor.

mathew s Oct 26, 2016

Dear sir/Madam

On behalf of the said Complaint no. I has not received any positive respond.
    The issue has taken an other turn back.
    The sale person of NINAN MOTORS Thiruvalla, pathanamthitta Kerala.([protected]) state has not hand over the Down payment to the dealer.
    And it is very clear that i wound going to give the missed amount.The sales person to whom
    I handover the 5000 amount to the person who belongs to NINAN MOTORS the dealer staff.
    And the dealer was hiding from me the money 5000 was cheated by his staff.After one monthe he
    is putting this matter to me.By the time rhe regestration date has been expired.

This dealer is such a irresponsible to deal with your customer.All the staff do cheating and not answerable
    to me and each and every time he is giving me excuse.

I want the issue to be clear i am a bust person.I am also in sales and service field.To my valuable customer.

Please solve the issue to fix it by ur side.

From Mathew Sunu

• Re
    Reviewer12137 Oct 26, 2015

Recall on my Roadstar 1600 Waiting 7+months for a kit to keep the rear wheel from locking up at speed. You would think they would get right on this? Nope! They tell me they will ship parts out to dealer then I drop off bike...No parts ever come??? Call tank nonsense and put me on forever hold then disconnect. The local zoo animas would give better customer service and at least not lie to you

• Fr
    Fred K. Saupe Aug 15, 2014

After purchasing a 2014 SX190 Yet Boat in Hot Springs AR. on April 4, 1014 I had the boat out once and the check engine light came on. Today is August 15th and the boat is still in the shop. It appears that neither the dealer or Yamaha could care or less about customer service. Never again will I purchase anything made by Yamaha or from Bradford Marine in Hot Springs Arkansas. Fred K,

• Ak
    akhil12 Aug 13, 2014

Hello,

I must say, your service really sucks. You don't respect your customers, your employees behave really harsh. They don't show even the basic professional courtesy to the customers. My bikes warranty period is still not over, yet I had to pay to replace several genuine parts(clutch...) of my bike. Right now the Starter is not working and when I approached the sub-dealers Ave mariya Vaikom of SG MOTORS/KOTTAYAM, they said they couldn't help because I my bike's service record is not correct. I did my services correctly but they didn't punched/entered it correctly, I have proof for this but they don't. And now they are blaming it on me. Worst part is they don't even know how to behave. Can I expect any sort justice and decency from you.

• Re
    Redchinook Jun 22, 2014

How in the world do you get in touch with Yamaha to discuss problems with motorcycle. I have a list of 12 items on my new SZ R that need to be repaired after owning the bike for only 9 days, about 500 miles.

• Ck
    C.Kumar Apr 17, 2014

Respected Sir, I have bought a new bike yamaha SS125 in tirunelveli yamaha showroom innovative motors, In that bike have one problem but mechanical could not find that on 15.04.2014. Suriya mechanical engineer visited to tirunelveli.Yamaha showroom innovative motor, I said about problem of my bike, but he didn't give any response, so please take a action. already bought two bike also.
    From:
    C.Kumar,
    Anna nagar,
    Ambasamudram, Tirunelveli district.

• Ya
    Yamaha Motor Jan 28, 2014

Dear Sir,
    Your complaint has been closed on 24th Dec 2013.We thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We value your inputs and necessary actions have been taken to meet your concerns.
    We understand and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused to you.
    If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us at [protected].

• Va
    vaibhav.Gupta212 Dec 23, 2013

Hi Team,

It was really a bad experience to purchase the bike with Variyan yamaha motors, Baner at Pune..I purchaesed FZS on 21st august 2013.At the time of Purchase they promised me to add Leg guard, seat cover and Petrol lock..and they told currently we dont have stock and will give you later, when I went again they asked for Leg guard you need to pay and they took 500 rs and Put petrol lock, after putting petrol lock, my byke does not function well, when I put the petrol lock on ON mode.it started missing /fluctuate and after some time it gets stop..it runs only on Reserve Mode...I went many times, but they are not ready to check and replace the petrol lock . saying these promises were done by our sales boy and that boy left ...I already discussed this problem with yamaha showroom owner in front of that sales boy, but they are least bothered about customer service and not ready to check and replace.

Really very disappointing with service and delivery...and for seat cover every time they say from last 4 month our stock not there, they not provied me tax challan also...need to follow up every time, but they are not ready to answer anything...

VERY VERY BAD EXPERINCE!!!

Regards,

Vaibhav

India Yamaha motor Oct 06, 2013

Greetings from Yamaha.
    We request you to please provide details of your complaint at [email protected], so that we can process the complaint further. The following details are mandatory:
    User name
    Mobile number
    Email id
    Chassis number
    Nature of Complaint
    Concerned dealership
    Retail date
    Address ( if possible)
    You can also register your complaint at our Toll free number [protected].

• Pr
    Pradap Oct 01, 2013

I love Yamaha bikes .i am from Malaysia I am studying in Madurai now my home town is Ramnad I bought R15 version 2.0 in Ramnad just one month ago .i went for the first service and the complete the service except water service and they bring my bike for water service .my bike was accidentally follows down and I had many screeches in my bike they told me they change the cover for me but till now they not change the cover for me

India Yamaha motor Jan 10, 2013

Dear Sir,
    Your complaint has been closed on 5th-Jan-2013.We thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We value your inputs and necessary actions have been taken to meet your concerns.
    If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us at [protected]

Best Regards,
    Customer Care
    India Yamaha Motor
    Toll Free: [protected]

India Yamaha motor Jan 09, 2013

Dear Sir,
    Your complaint has been closed on 5th-Jan-2012.We thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We value your inputs and necessary actions have been taken to meet your concerns.
    If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us at [protected]

Best Regards,
    Customer Care
    India Yamaha Motor
    Toll Free: [protected]

• Ve
    Venkat7259 Dec 31, 2012

Yamaha is producing fz16 and other vehicles with components made out of sub-standard design & quality.
    1. The mileage is very poor in spite of the fact that most of the parts are made out of plastic material, where as a JAWA / YEZDI, a 250cc vehicle which I was using was giving 45 kms / Litre for many years and even a Kinetic Honda which I was using was giving 55kms / Litre with both had a very good pick that even I used to overtake many RX and travels.
    2. The vehicle is not starting using the self starter and it failed within 6 months of usage, in spite of regular service done by the dealer / Service provider Raj Yamaha, Chennai.
    3. The brightness of the headlight is poor on most of the days and bright on some time, and there is no answer from the dealer / Service provider Raj Yamaha, Chennai.
    4. Shifting the gear from one to the other is very hard to the extent that it damages the leg, near the thump.
    5. The vehicle stalls and the engine is switching off while overtaking which is a very dangerous affair to the rider.
    6. The vehicle goes to the neutral position when I shift the gear to lower gear at most of the times and to 1st gear when you want to shift it to the neutral.
    7. Utmost care is needed when using the kick starter as the rider is forced to fold the right side foot rest thus causing danger as the rider has to push back the foot rest to use the brake pedal.
    8. The stand is not withstanding the weight of the vehicle thus deflecting on the self weight of the vehicle causing bend and thus hitting on the ground and there is no answer for this either from India Yamaha motor pvt. Ltd. Or the dealer / Service provider Raj Yamaha, Chennai.
    9. There is no safety for the pillion riders as pillion rider is tend to fall from the vehicle from their backside at any point of time.
    10. Pillion riders are complaining that they are getting back ache while traveling on this vehicle, because the seat is not wider & longer enough for a person to sit apart from placement of the foot rest that is in a place that induces pain and discomfort to the pillion rider.
    11. In spite of pumping air at regular intervals, air pressure is always less in the tyres from day 1.
    12. Yamaha dealers always do a worst service, in-spite charging huge amounts.
    13. This is the only vehicle in India that there is no safety for the riders as no crash guard/Bar is provided.
    14. This is the only vehicle that there is no chain guard which is also unsafe to the riders.
    15. The Ground Clearance is also poor in this vehicle as the vehicle is hitting on the ground whereas even my Kinetic Honda has not hit the ground after I did a small modification .
    16. Also most of the vehicles in India are coming with out mudguard flap and mudguards with enough length (for the purpose of safety, mudguard should be long enough so that it crosses the centre line of the wheels of the vehicle), which is causing dangers like dirt spraying on the other vehicle drivers like projectiles which lead to eye injury, accidents apart from making the clothes dirty.
    17. The handle bar of the vehicle is too soft and will bend even if you drop the vehicle accidentally while you try to park the same using the stand.
    18. The company, India Yamaha motor Pvt. Ltd is not responding to the complaints made and do not want to resolve the issues.
    19. Dealers of India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd, especially dealers like Raj Yamaha, Chennai, do not have any system, accountability towards the customers and their MD, Rajkumar does not have manners at all and his aim is to only make money without doing any service.

As it has become a threat to the Indian community, all the owners of Yamaha vehicles are requested to join hands and file a suit for relief and damages apart from stressing the government to form an active regulatory body (like NABCB which is really doing a wonderful job under Mr.Venkatraman and not the one like TRAI, which has allowed the sale of sim cards of service providers till the date of closure without insisting for withdrawal from the market) so that to make rules, regulations and norms for the mileage as it is the need of the hour, approval & disapproval of vehicles / Each & every component to ensure quality, in terms of cost, road worthiness, mileage, safety and reliability.
    I have bought my fz16 on 5th jun2012 and my friend has bought another model and from day 1 we are also experiencing most the above problems. Also those who are affected are requested to fix a board in the vehicle itself narrating the defects/Shortcomings of the vehicle to create awareness among Indian community.
    Those who want to join the fight against a substandard product may contact me either through my email ID: [email protected] or +[protected].

• Fi
    findi puguh subekti May 30, 2012

malam...
    yamaha... aku baru ngambil mtor vixion kmaren maret...
    kok bnyak masalah dari kopling...
    hingga sokbreker depan...

apa"an ini baru aja aku pake 2bulan lebih dah bnyak problem

• Ms
    M Shahbaz May 23, 2012

plz kuch action lain.khan pur Qaid millat road par Ashraf autos ky name sa aik yamaha ke shop ha jis ka incharge hamid Shakeel FAKE person ha aur awam ko lot raha ha prsonally wo apny aap ko doctor batata ha aur gareeb awam ko tang kar rakha ha koi us ky khelaf awaz nahi utha sakta.
    plz kuch action lain.

• Ka
    kannan- Mar 16, 2012

dear all
    i purchased yamaha SZR feb-11. till date i get only 32 km... each time in service, i strongly recognized to found the problem. but no replay from service engineers in kerala- kollam - pallimukk. now the servicemen found after the 6 th free service that the problem in carburetor pin which was damaged. and a cost of Rs.420/-...why should I pay... is the many. difficult.. which your servicemen not found firstly... its your mistake to found that, ... I ride my bike in 5800 km in a mileage of 30-32 km... its very UN comfortable... u must pay compensation to me
    aravindh
    kollam
    [email protected]

• Gs
    gshankar Feb 23, 2012

update your mobile number

manoj bisht Jan 16, 2012

Dear Madam,

This refer to our telecom with we does not get any commitment from Dealer Side/Company Side.
    Still the position is that we does not get our vehicle yet.

Our Job Card No-461
    Date-18/12/2011

Previously also i have register a complain to your customer care division for Self Starting Problem in Bike(SZX).

Why again and again i have to call to customer care or register a complaint against your dealer service ?

I does not understand who Yamaha India management is managing their Dealership network for Customer complain ?

I am very sorry to say you that it is my biggest mistake to chose Yamaha Bike for myself ?

Why should we chose the Yamaha product, if we have to safer like this for your Child parts ?

Please do the needful regards at the earliest, Otherwise I have no option to go in Consumer Court against Yamaha India (P) Ltd.

Awaiting for your response.

Manoj Bisht.
    [protected].

sanjeev kumar gaur Nov 10, 2011

IN MY BIKE YAMAH FAZER ( DL 13 SH 9860) HAS A PROBLEM FROM STARTING ... EVEN AFTER SERVICING (2 TIMES ) . IT MAKES SOUND AND GET STOPS ... PLZZZ ITS MY REQUEST TO LISTEN TO MY PROBLEM AND TAK SOME ACTION ...

I PURCHASED IT FROM HIMGIRI MOTORS IN KRISHNA NAGAR ( SWARN SINEMA )
    MY NAME IS SANJEEV KUMAR GAUR

• Kr
    krisna kumar ram Oct 07, 2011

sir i had brought a yamha SZ-x in 8 months and ride 5000 k.m
    before 2 months some engine problem, and i hear some bad sound
    & i went to yamha byke sawroom and complained.
    he told we check and they delay day after day

• De
    devarshi Sep 22, 2011

very very bad service ...
    no available maximum part of any bike any time in gorakhpur service centre(bharat trading company)

• Ab
    Abraham.k.paul Sep 16, 2011

Hello sir,
    I am solid lover of Yamaha bikes.Now i have three yamaha bikes.R15, FZ and SZR.and have done all its servicing as per the shedule
    At the tme of last De-carbonising time of my R15(Second bike of Alappuzha Dist, Kerala state, Purchased from EVER GREEN YAMAHA SHOWROOM, THIRUVAMPAADI, ALAPPUZHA-Dist, KERALA) I launched a complaint regarding "missing while running time".The service team (nearest service area at GEETHAM MOTORS, THATTARAMBALAM, ALAPPUZHA-Dist) checked the bikes and came to the conclusion, that was "sensor and ignition coil need to be change".But they said right now we don't have the stock of it and it will take at least 5 days
    After that 75 days( TWO AND HALF MONTHS) are passed and have been there for more than 2 times at regular intervals but every time i am getting the same answer that the " part is not available" and also they are avoiding to speak me if i ask for any explanation.
    Require a solution ..pls help

ALAPPUZHA-Dist
    PH: [protected]

• Qu
    Quinton Floyd Sep 12, 2011

How about complaining to the BBB??? At least it will get to the person who handles complaints. Ot you can just write your complaing on paper, put it in a bottle and throw in into th ocean. (Or post it here, same thing!)

• Om
    Omar_5 Sep 11, 2011

My complaint no. is IC10963 & it has been over 40 dayz now ... tht i hve complaint'd for my r-15's fuel pump replacement 2 my local dealers as my bike hasnt even crossed its frst anniversary & yet its fuel pump is giving me problems !!
    M totally frustrated with the customer care agents as well as my local dealer .. as they always have conflicting excuses !

All i wanna know is WHERE CAN I COMPLAINT ABT THE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES TO YAMAHA !! AS WELL AS GET A COMPENSATION FOR MENTAL ANGUISH & THE NEVER ENDING WAIT I AM FACING !!

Totally disgusting service !!

• Ta
    Tariq butt Aug 23, 2011

Dear to Whom It May concer,

I bought Frazer Yamaha on May 22, 2011 at Shivalaya Coloniser pvt Ltd 166/1 Opp. Era Mall, Delhi Road, Meerut city. However, from the very beginning, The bike is having following problems.

1. Shocker is almost dump.
    2. Brake shoes are not working at all.
    3. Plastic body is faded.
    4. Handle is bubling with awfull noise.
    When i complained to the dealers. He did not listen me at all, therefore, I am writing to you. Please look into the matter and do the needful at the earliest.

Best wishes
    Tariq Butt

Comments

• Qu
    Quinton Floyd Aug 09, 2011

Something here just does not add up. Rust does not appear overnight.

• Pr
    PRINCE DHIMAN Jul 31, 2011

sir, yamaha is the worst service company towards customers and bad product supplier too.
    My rear wheel wobbles when i go on the road at normal speeds which created lack of my driving confidence.Carburator was not proper, my bike stops here and there, then i have to start again. very very very very very worst service center in saharanpur. normal mechanic is better than yamaha service centre.pls change ur mechanic.In yamaha dealearship in saharanpur mechanics are untrained.I am not satisfy from today service.
    PRINCE DHIMAN

• Ni
    Ninja3120 Jun 10, 2011

I purchased an R15 red color bike on Jan 13 2010. As promised the bike was delivered to on the date I wanted and all the papers were given to me. After the first service the problems started, the bike went dead while I was driving it. It was like the battery gone dead and the bike came to standing halt. I called the dealer (Perl Yamaha, Hyderabad) and the service guy told me that battery might have gone loose so he asked me to push the bike in first gear and come to service center, which I did and as he said the battery connection was loose and he fixed it. I was relived and drove my bike like I used. It was time for second service and the same issue started. So I told the service guy about the issue and was assured that it will be done while second free service. After the second service the bike didn’t have the issue. But as the third service was nearing the same thing happened so I thought it was probably the service time was near and the bike was giving it indications. Give my bike for third service and was again told the battery might have got some problem and will be rectified. This happened every time before service and gets solved after the service and after few weeks the same things happens.

In the month of February the issue seemed to be on high side… the bike didn’t start or as advised by the mechanic in the authorized perl Yamaha service center, I pushed the bike in first gear to start as the battery gone dead. I was furious and called the service center and escalated the call to chief mechanic. He asked me to get the bike to service center which was not possible as the bike wont start. I had to get my bike towed till the service center and give the bike for service. After keeping my bike for 2 days they told me that the real issue was due to faulty battery which had the history of defects and it will be replaced free of cost as it was known issue by Yamaha. Trusting their words I waiting for 1 more day and was told the bike is ready. Went to service center paid for general service and took my bike, before leaving I was assured again by the chief mechanic the problem would not be repeated.

But after few days the same problem, this time I took it to Perl Yamaha in Kondapur as the chief mechanic was there. After having my bike was 2 days (again) was told that this time it was faulty chip and they have rectified it. I was again assured that it would not repeat. But after few days same problem and when I called the Mr Siddharth of Perl Yamaha, I wanted to get my money back as the purpose of buying such costly bike was not worth as it was more in the service center rather than on the rods and I was shocked to hear that it was not possible as they have sold 4000 odd R15 bikes in Hyderabad and never faced this kind of issue and said that it might be due to my driving skills. You own people have agreed to have faulty battery in first place and after repeated assurance of issue being fixed the problem still exists. Paying almost 1lk 20k for a bike do you think a person would treat bike like ### and make issues for himself??? Again today I have given the bike for service and I am sure after two days I will be told that issue won’t repeat and every thing is fixed.

I want to either have the bike replaced or give my money back as there is no use for me paying EMI for a product which I don’t get to even use. Imagine paying such huge money and don’t get to utilize it fully??? PLEASE ESCALATE THIS ISSUE TO YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT AS I AM GOING TO CONSUMER FORUM FOR PUTTING MY LIFE AND MY WIFE’S LIFE IN DANGER FOR GIVING SUCH FAULTY PRODUCT AND PUTTING BLAME ON CUSTOMER FOR BAD DRIVING SKILLS.

Unsatisfied Customer
    Niranjan

• Ve
    Vette man May 31, 2011

I just bought a V star 950 Four months ago. At that time I also bought the 800 dollar extended warrenty. This morning I took it in for its first oil change.. To my surprise I also had what they called a pre season service added on my bill. They said that is to make sure everything is still tight! Shouldn't that be standard with the manufacturers warranty? So my oil change cost me 180.00. Yamaha motor corp. won't answer my calls!!! Don't ever go through Macomb Power Sports in Mt. Clemens, MI.

• Ka
    karamjit singh devgan Apr 30, 2011

i have brought a Yamaha fazer in Jan 2010 and now after 1 year and three month my battery is not taking load for any thing after my 7 service in opposite of south city mall showroom(LEADERS) before giving to service the battery of the bike is working fine just need to change the water and need charged. but after the service my battery got totally spoiled and told me by an employ that this is not their problem and told me to bye and put a new battery, as per my information the battery is working fine before the service.and i believed my battery has changed in between the service. in that service center its common of fuel stolen and such things peaple believe the authorized service center of Yamaha and give their bike for service.now i am scared giving my bike to the service centre of yamaha as they are SCAMMING peaple.i request the management of Yamaha to take a track of there employ and if the things goes in such way yahama will loose the faith of customers.

REGARDS
    karamjit singh
    22 j.d.n road kolkata-20

• Mu
    mukund khochare. Apr 24, 2011

hi sir i am mukund khochare from jaysingpur my bike yamaha G5's asscilator wire is break consistanly and i am telling this complent 2nd time plz take action on this distubutar his name is arun and this show room is in jaysinnpur

• Je
    Jeffrey Graf Feb 28, 2011

I have similar problem.
    I am surprised that Yamaha does not want to honor the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This is a federal law. They have had over 100 attempts to repair my Rhino (dealer has the documentation). I purchased an additional Two Years Y.E.S. warranty after the original Three Years expired. It came with a Six Month warranty. That’s Sixty-Six Months TOTAL. They say its two old of a "vehicle" to "Want to participate" in my problem! I say, its two old of a "problem" to not want to participate in a FEDERAL LAW!!!
    I have made several attempts to resolve this matter, and yet I am still stuck with a lemon that they cannot repair. And furthermore, they thumb their nose at the Federals law. As a consumer, I have rights, and as an American Corporation, they have obligations.

This complaint is for the record. I will attempt to contact their legal department ONE MORE TIME after this complaint. The Act is meant to provide consumers with access to reasonable and effective remedies where there is a breach of warranty on a consumer product. If they do not HONOR my request, I will seek Council to affect this reasonable and effective remedy to the fullest extent allowable by law.

Full Warranty Requirements Under a full warranty, in the case of a defect, malfunction, or failure to conform with the written warranty, the warrantor:

must, as a minimum, remedy the consumer product within a reasonable time and without charge;
    may not impose any limitation on the duration of any implied warranty on the product;
    may not exclude or limit consequential damages for a breach of any written or implied warranty on the product, unless the exclusion or limitation conspicuously appears on the face of the warranty; and
    if the product, or a component part, contains a defect or malfunction, must permit the consumer to elect either a refund or replacement without charge, after a reasonable number of repair attempts.

Read the last line carefully "REASONABLE NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS"!

In addition, the federal government has the authority to take injunctive action against a supplier or warrantor who fails to meet the requirements of the act.

Finally, consumers may seek redress in the courts for alleged violations of the Magnuson-Moss Act. A consumer who has been injured by the noncompliance of a supplier may bring an action in federal court if the amount in controversy is over $25, or a class action if the number of class plaintiffs is greater than 100.

Are there 100 or more of you out there? Respond to me at;
    mailto:[email protected]

Yamaha, you have lost your Founders Vision.

Jeffrey Graf

• Bn
    bnyash Feb 28, 2011

Hai yashwanth here
    am very much craze in yamaha, one day i heard about r15, i saw all comments about the bike in net, it was there some bad comment also i did not care, foolishly i bought R15. in the showroom also they told bike is too good. blindly i purchesed that. after that i have suffrerd too much, from 2nd month Gear Problem, till now they did not solve, and too much carelessness, after we buy they wont get profit so only they wont concentrate their old costomers, and milage is too low price is too high, once i get accedent because of bike skid for repair they taken 1 month, after that i feel some extra sound in that i infirmed them they told me that engin problem which bike will come with in 1 year engin problem, but r15 is great it will come, and i given for service they told me that parts will come from bombay it will takes time, till 2 month i have waited and still am waiting i did not get my bike it's in showroom, and they will tell that free service, but there is no free service for oil also we have to pay, just they will water wash and give, now mantainence 73000 down payment, I paid, monthly 1700 loan 11%, 2 month once free service we have to pay 1000, and after free service we can’t give bike anyware we have to give showroom only they will charge too much, till loan finish we have to spend near to 160000. Totally bike is waste fully fibur body if accedent we will get only 50% benefit, my suggetion is don’t go YAMAHA take other Best is, no 1 Pulsar 200, and 220, and apache, ZMR also good better than r15,
    Thanks
    Yashwanth  Be happy

• At
    Atul- jaipur Jan 24, 2011

very bad spear parts supply...

• Al
    alexjudas.alex Dec 06, 2010

my r15 having problem with the rear mono shock a tak tak sound from it my bike is new just 12 days, this problem was there when i brought it but i thought it is from the tool kit but this days the sound became worst so i removed the tool kit and realiced its from the shock and i went to yamaha svc they said want to replace the mono shock it will take 15 days but not sure !, i read some r15 owner with the same problem they also replaced the shock and the links but they saying the sound is still there ... everyone can check it .. just search 'yamaha r15 mono shock noice problem' in google

• Sr
    Srikanth KR Nov 09, 2010

I bought Yamaha R15 - 2 yrs back. It Ran upto 18000 kms and my bike is not at all looks like smooth riding. Petrol tank, handle bar and some other parts are all vibrating after 10000 kms onwards. I cant able to ride my bike more than 50 km/h. I have given service in almost all the YAMAHA service centres. But they said the bike is good and old R15 will give only this much smoothness. I dont think Yamaha service is good. My bike riding looks like Someother 100 CC bike. I cant feel the yamaha's performance and smoothness. They dono how to service properly and sastisfy the customer. I thought of buying FZ 16 to my brother. But now I have changed my plan to go for someother option.

anoob Oct 12, 2010

Hi i am from chennai last saturday i gave my byke fz 16 for paid service in Sairam motors, i said them about the my horn to be fixed properly because i changed it a month before from the same show room its not working from the day two after it fixed up, and i had no time to take it to them, and they charged every thing even for labour and small parts too . last night my frnd took it from service center he never noticed ab out the horn too.

I asked them to fix it again properly when i gave to service but it was never fixed dont know, , thy are charging for each and evey thing a huge amount . and not taking the complaint properly, and eradicating it .

• Vi
    Virago500 Aug 07, 2010

I was riding my Virago 500 motorcycle last weekend. I had just done all the necessary preventative maintenance to ensure a safe trip out of town. Shifting gears I felt a burst beneath my legs and a jerk from the bike caused a sudden loss of power. I had enough momentum to pull over and see what the problem was. It surprised me to see oil leaking out at an alarming rate forming a puddle before my eyes. I could not discern where it was coming from at first but a second look revealed several cracks In the crankcase cover. The largest being just above the starter motor. I do not comprehend how such a thing is possible and am concerned at the quality of manufacturing that has gone into this motor and perhaps others just like it. I am no longer able to start or ride this motorcycle due to the large cracks in the crankcase cover.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with Yamaha. I am waiting their response.