Yamaha Motor Corporationpoor customer service

I purchased a 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 as a left over in 2007. After about 7 months and only 400 miles. My spoke rims started to rust and pit. I went back to the dealer and was told this is not normal. When I contacted Yamaha I was told rust is not covered. When I asked Yamaha to please show me where in the warrantee it states rust is not covered they said it is to be assumed. I told Yamaha that the warrantee reads that everything is covered except normal ware and tare. And are they saying that is normal for Yamaha products to rust after 7 months. At that point Yamaha said they would replace the rims but I had to pay the $800.00 labour to install them. This seem absurd to me I have a new bike with 400 miles that is garaged and is covered (with a Yamaha cover) has never been in the rain or road on a wet surface and I have to pay $800.00 for something I did not cause. When I asked for the name of the person in charge Yamaha Motor crop USA I was told no one knows. If you call the 800 number no one will give you a name it is like calling the CIA.

So at this point I am not happy with the way Yamaha handles there responsibility. And if anyone knows who to contact at Yamaha to get some satisfaction please let me know.

Ambra Sep 30, 2008

I wish I new who to get ahold of! I would give them a nice cussing! We have a wolverine that we had work done on. We had the top end rebuilt and when they bored it out they didn't clean up there work and left shavings in the engine which froze up the oil pump so it was not pumping oil to the top end so that froze up a valve well we took it back and they said that it was not there fault and they unstuck the valve and we they did they messed up the rocker arm so it will not come out and we have to buy a whole new head. All together its over $1000 worth of parts not including labor. Well we contacted coporate and they said they couldn't do anything about it cause the place denies that they done anything wrong. I disagree i have a 4 wheeler that will not run yet it run when we dropped it off!!!

Murali Oct 06, 2008

Hi,
    I live in Chennai and bought a black Yamaha R15 about a month back. The bike’s handling, looks and feel is great and I have managed to touch speeds of 120km/h with ease. Overall
    I am very satisfied with the Bike and wouldn’t trade it for anything else.(well perhaps an R1). Anyway my bike was due for it’s first service as it has been a month since I bought it. I went to the Sri Motors Yamaha showrom in Ashok Nagar where I bought the bike and handed it over for it’s first service. They asked me to collect it in the evening after 7pm. So i went and collected it and since it was dark I just brought the bike home and left it in my garage. The next day when I woke up in the morning and took my bike out for a ride I noticed that there were two really big and deep scratch marks on my bike. I went back to the Yamaha showroom and complained to them about it. They immediately went on the defense and said that they were not responsible and that I must have hit it somewhere. I was very upset by this and have decided that I will never give my bike to Sri Motors again for service. I would like to know whether there is any manual which I can read that would help me to service the bike myself. Also for guys who are living in Chennai and are going to buy a Yamaha Bike DONT BUY IT FROM SRI MOTORS IN ASHOK NAGAR. Buy it from somewhere else.

...Murali

Murali Oct 06, 2008

HEY I JUST WANT TO EDIT THE REVIEW I MADE EARLIER. THE COMPANY SRI MOTORS HAS AGREED TO GIVE ME A BRAND NEW TANK FREE OF COST. HATS OFF TO THEM. PLEASE DISREGARD ANY COMPLAINTS I MADE ABOUT THEM EARLIER.

YAMAHA ROCKS!!

Joydeep Sengupta Nov 11, 2008

Complaint :
    I made an enquiry on Yamaha's new 150cc FZ16 (and visited the showroom)to one of your dealers in kolkata, on AJC Bose Road, Kolkata opposite Exide House, but the owner of the showroom said that FZ16 can be booked only after paying Rs2000 in advance and the delivery time would be atleast 8 weeks. I'm astonished to hear that from Yamaha dealers end which is extremely discouraging, and a customer like me in Kolkata will definitely go for Bajaj Pulser 180 or 150 instead of FZ16, if this condition persists.

• Ha
    Hari Dec 30, 2008

I made a service to my Yamaha Crux in the Sri motors Ashok Nagar.I told them to check the Bikes Gear box, Further they noted all the points which i told to them.But after three days they called me and asked me to take my bike and also told me that it took Rs.3500 for those complaints.I agree with that complaint.when i went there for the delivery i was shocked to see my bikes condition.It was like a such a thing in Garbage.
    They not even did a little water service.When i enquired about this.They told me that i didn't told them to water service.I was totally down when they added me your bike still have Head and Bore problem for that i need to bare Rs.5000.I asked why you didn't look at that, they said its not coming under my complaint.
    I am new to this service center.Let me know the best service center for Yamaha in chennai.

Chin4chan Jan 06, 2009

Hi Friends, I am really agree with all your points. Especially about Sri Motors service centre in chennai.
    Previously they did some good service for me but in last 3 services they did very wrost service and treatment of customer and bike is wroster than ever.
    currently more number of bikes are coming for service each day. So at Sri Motors they have hired new mechanics and guys are just learning to service the new technology bikes. They are not trained it seems.

I faced a wrost experience with sri motors and now find a local mechanic with some good experience with yamaha bikes, even though i have 5 more free service with Authorised yahama service dealer.
    I decided not to go service at SRI MOTORS till the people will get some real esperience with Yamaha bikes. These guys are really hard to deal with.

I feel very bad behalf of Yamaha bikes, due to this wrost service center the YAMAHA bikes are lossing its reputation in the market. Especially in Chennai.

Yamaha has to look in to this issue as a serious matter rather than release of new bikes in the market.

• Pa
    Parminder Randhawa Feb 20, 2009

hi sir,
    i`m parminder n i`m from jammu. i drive yamaha`s R15.the bike is good but my experiences with your dealer here in my city are not really good.My bike`s light and horn is not working since three months back. And in these 3 months i`ve visited yamaha`s showroom for more then 40 days. Every time they guys come with new excuse n last time i went there n they gave such a stupid excuse that "the dealer`s marriage is nearby so they r not purchasing any new spear part so you have to wait a month more".

I feel very bad behalf of Yamaha bikes, due to this wrost service center the YAMAHA bikes are lossing its reputation in the market. Especially in jammu.

so i want u to kindly process my complaint as soon as possible.

MY BIKE NO. IS - JKO2AJ 26
    MY CONTACT NO. IS - 9906372777T

• Ho
    Hoss Feb 27, 2009

I bought a 2007 Roadstar 1700, less than six months ago, at the 600 mile mark replaced pipes and had jet kit installed at the dealership. App. 3000 miles later bike kept shooting flames out of the top tailpipe and then cutting off. Took it to the shop to be fixed. Bike cut off app. 3 blocks from the shop. Took it back, they played with it some more. Very next ride, the very same thing happened again. Took it to a different shop, they worked on it, I paid money. The bike made one more ride resulting in the same mentioned problem as before. Bike has spent more time in the shop than on the road. I have lost all confidence in Yahama.!!

andrew.week Mar 09, 2009

HAHA you think thats bad...come home from Iraq for 18 days of leave aug 2008 to oregon, purchase new 2008 R1, put 400 miles on it, come home from iraq nov 2008 to ft campbell ky, put 250 more miles on it todays date mar 09 when...clutch has major failure friction plates COME APART, so after pulling teeth yamaha agrees to goodwill parts but not labor, still not real happy but glad to see some help, clutch goes in motor knocks needs to be rebiult, not theyre problem because the clutch is a "wear item"...still in the shop so ya welcome home i gotta 12000 dollar paper weight. Im not ok with this, the education over the net and to as many people i know is just the start, I feel like i have been robbed.

Love, Andrew Week 503 718 8447 give me a call if you are thinking of yamaha its a good product but if you cant step to the plate behind your product then its not that good.

• Fe
    Ferdoush Mar 17, 2009

hi, I m from Bangladesh... I want to buy a Yamaha FZ16 motorcycle...but this is not available in BD market... when this bike will be available in BD?

vimal Apr 06, 2009

dear sir iam vimal from tiruvannamalai iam 28 years old past 10 years iam using yamaha bike 2 month before iam buyied new yamaha fz bike in t.v. malai now iam in chennai 6/4/2009 afternoon iam go to sree motors to give 2 service in ashok nagar service supervisor treat me very very poor bad response speaking worstly to me iam just ask low mileage he speak u r mechnic how u tell me low mileage like tht really iam very sad to give service in that motors so iam cancel really sree motors management please check service supervisor iam asked is name but he cant response me service have no id card also please take immdit action to that show room service supervisor or like me all customer go from yamaha really i like very much like fz bike now iam going to sale my bike for only sree motors behaviors here after iam never buy yamaha bike

• Is
    ismail Apr 18, 2009

very very very very very worst service center in cheenai, naganallur. normal mechanic is better than yamaha service centre.pls change ur mechanic

• Ra
    rahul singh May 12, 2009

I bought Yamaha R15 from malad east and was waiting for delivery, the staff was so uncooperative that they told me to wait for 1 hrs even though one person was roaming around and one pc was vacant, after i stated that i want to complain they came to attend me, no one really cared for customers and most of the customers were complaining.
    Later when i was about to take delivery they brought me another bike fz instead of R15 with my number plate on it, i was getting late so i was angry. I did not see any staff sales or service capable . This way they will take yamaha down in Mumbai.

• Pa
    Paul Mac May 19, 2009

I also have had problums with yamaha service, thay beat my parts with a hamer and have scared them badly thay say its only cosmetic ?shouldent i, being the owner, be the one who does the damag?never gave me back all the parts thay re&reed.poked a hole in new ball joint while beating with hamer thay replased the ball joint but not the spindel($$)now thay say i must have don the damage, Butt i had two friends helping and no force was used and no HAMERS. idiots!!!dont think i wont eny more yamahas, eny one wont, out bords 2 of them 2007 grizly, generator, trail bike, i caled yamaha (1-416-498-1911)but i doubt thay will help, thay say is we will be in touch with the dealer, (firm scolding)for them 56000$i paid ofer years and all i get is a sore ###.pissd yamaha customer.

vijay franklin Aug 10, 2009

very poor service from sri motors chennai

• Bi
    bigdan157 Aug 11, 2009

I bought a 2006 V-star 1100 Silverado in October of 2005. It had 2500 miles on it, the dealer claimed the owner wanted a bigger bike and traded it.Great bike up until June 2nd 2009. I was on my way to Americade Rally in Lake George New York.the bike made a high pitched whine when I let off the throttle and noise went away when I accelerated.As I pulled in to our hotel I heard a clattering noise down near my left foot.New it was serious so I parked the bike and shut it off.Thankfully my wife was following me and our friends with the car hauling all our gear.Went to the nearest Yamaha dealer (Wilsons) and explained problem to the service manager.He told me to "ride it up here" and they would look at it.I repeated about the clattering sound to which he replied "It's only a half mile away, I'm not going to push it up here" I looked at my wife thinking well, it's still under warranty. O.K. A-hole. I rode it up there.Turned out the output shaft from the engine broke clean off.The little half mile ride to the dealer (Up hill) ground up some gears in the process.Wilsons refused to work on it and told me I had to have it towed to my dealer.It cost me $140.00 for tow and $80.00 for Wilsons to look at it.The bike had about 12, 000 miles on it.My dealer took 6 weeks putting the bike back together.I did the smart thing and traded it in on a Honda VTX 1300-T.Yamaha was useless helping me. I had an extended warranty so the repairs were free, but I have only been offered $50.00 reimbursement for tow and charges from Wilsons.I am fighting this.Because of this failure I was left without a bike the entire week of my vacation. No help from Yamaha with a loaner despite the fact they had 2 trailers full of demo bikes at the rally.This was my 1st and last Yamaha!!

• Re
    reethu Aug 19, 2009

sir, am a fz 16 owner last 8 months, my vehicle date of purchase-12-01-2009.my complaint is my bikes chain sounds like a jerking, it also the chain will running half portion tightly and half loosely, the problem will came after 10000 km.becoz of that problem i see my bike two service centers in kottayam and cochin(S.G motors kottyam), then the( PSN motors cochin), the two service centers the wash the chain and lubed with Yamaha lube spray, after this procedure, the bike was okay up to 150 km, after the 150 km the sound is back. with the same jerking and looseness and half portion tight, my bike is now over15500 km, and i done 6th service.this the main problem with the fz16, in this problem i bad riding comfort and bad performance from my bike, what i do, i done the services correctly, and the chain lube and wash every 500 km, .pls give a good result from your part.
    My bike details, brought from S.G motors kottayam, Dealer code: 112.10 .date of purchase 12-01-2009.frame no:ME121C01192026129;Engine no:21C1026431. Reg;no;KL36A-1798.

vimalfdfd Aug 24, 2009

This complaints board website is copying complaints from

Global No. 1 complaints web Portal

I will explain how i posted a compaint in the onlinecomplaintsboard.com website after 2 days the complaint is copied and posted hear.

anu s nair Sep 29, 2009

Sir, am a fz 16 owner last 9 months, my vehicle date of purchase-24/12/2008.my complaint is my bikes chain sounds like a jerking, it also the chain will running half portion tightly and half loosely, the problem will came after 5000 km.becoz of that problem i see my bike two service centers in EVERGREEN YAMAHA{NH 47, KUMARAPURAM P.O, HARIPAD, ALLEPPY}, then the EVERGREEN YAMAHA(WEST OF THIRUVAMPADI JN, ALLEPPEY 02), the two service centers the wash the chain and lubed with Yamaha lube spray, after this procedure, the bike was okay up to 100 km, after the 100 km the sound is back. with the same jerking and looseness and half portion tight, my bike is now over12500 km, and i done 5th FREE SERVICE IN EVERGREEN YAMAHA(WEST OF THIRUVAMPADI JN, ALLEPPEY 02) .this the main problem with the fz16, in this problem i bad riding comfort and bad performance from my bike, what i do, i done the services correctly, and the chain lube and wash every 1500 km, .pls give a good result from your part.

My bike details, brought from GEETHAM MOTORS, THATTARAMPALAM, MAVELIKKARA, .date of purchase 24/12/2008.frame no:ME121C01Y82012861;Engine no:21C1010742. Reg;no;KL-29 A-7015.Name & Regd owner : SHIVANKUTTY NAIR

samsamindia Oct 30, 2009

yamaha is the worst service company towards customers and bad product supplier too

i have got a gladiator ss on august 2009 month from ORPI AGENT coimbatore. A worst place and worst yamaha products. Cheapest yamaha products comes here i hope.

Hey guys think of yourself, i am talking truly, just see the list of new yamaha bike orpi agents problems.
    1. At 60 kmph my bike started to shake heavily, the handle jerked which created hand and shoulder pains.

2. My rear wheel wobbles when i go on the road at normal speeds which created lack of my driving confidence.

3. My head lights were worst.

4. My bumpers not aligned properly.

5. Carburator was not proper, my bike stops here and there, then i have to start again.

6. Finaly a great problem. My bike handle was not straight, oh my god. I always had chest and hand problems.

7. Heavy problem is, one day when i was driving suddenly my bike stopped slowly and stopped at a point. I dont know the problem. Then a auto driver came and said the disc brake air lock happened. Then he bought his auto spares and cleared me that in the hot sun.

Please please dont take a gladiator. or yamaha bike please plese

middile class guys pls pls pls pls no dont opt any yamaha bike.

if you want to mail me, mail to [email protected]

pls guys dont waste your parents money just for sake of show

• Va
    VAMUTTU Nov 08, 2009

YOU MAY BE RIDING THE VEHICLE WITHOUT WASHING. NATURALLY, THE MUD FILLED ROADS GIVE PRESSURE ON CHAINS OF RACING BIKES. THE OPEN TYPE CHAINS (WITHOUT CHAIN BOX) WILL BE OILED AUTOMATICALLY THROUGH CHAIN LUBE. IF THE ROAD IS MUD FILLED, NATURALLY IT TIGHTENS THE LUBE AND MAKE SOUNDS. ITS NOT A PROBLEM OF SERVICING BUT YOU CAN TRY CLEANING THE CHAIN EVERYDAY
    VARGHESE
    KOLKATA

• Ra
    ravi gl Jan 10, 2010

i have yamaha gladiator rs. this is a good performance bike but yamaha service is worst almost in every yamaha service center employees are non skilled even they don't know anything about newer bike they make bike worst. i always use to consult local mechanic for servicing. yamaha is the worst service providing company in india. yamaha only want to make money it don't care about customer problems.

• Wa
    Wazsa Feb 02, 2010

We have a Yamaha dealer in the Solomon Islands who has is providing a very poor service to the people, there has a numerous complains about this sole dealer how can we report this.
    He has no spare parts, orders take months sometimes years in some cases, he sells generators that he cant fix. The list goes on, i can get a pettition together but who would listen.

• Wa
    Wazsa Feb 02, 2010

We have a Yamaha dealer in the Solomon Islands who is not provided a good service to the people for the past 10 years or so, what can be done about it. I have heard of people complaining about him but are powerless he is the Sole dealer who will be able to do a better job. His lack of stocking the right parts, it takes months if he orders parts, he sells generators he cant fix. Engines are sold too high priced. People are getting cheaper motors from our neighbouring country which he refuses to fix if not bought from him. what can we do, a pettition can be done but who will listen?

aman paul Feb 28, 2010

Dear Sir,
    This is to bring to your kind notice that i Aman Paul, resident of gh-13/1124, paschim vihar, new delhi, has purchased yamaha motorcycle, on 15 oct 2008, from manleen automobiles, paschim vihar, that was a branch of delhi scooters, raja garden,
    i have nt recived my orignal bike key till now which has to deliverd to me on 15 oct 2009 after the completion of my installments.i hv faced a lot of problems with the services of yamaha, after completion 5000 kms, the tyre of my bike was damaged which is not acceptable, then i have to replace the tyre from my own pocket, that was such a bad service, chain and handle were also making a lot of noise from the first day, I did the last service of my motorcycle on 15 of this month, from delhi scooters raja garden, butr the service was very poor and i am nt at all satisfied with the services, sir i am really sorry to say but your product and service are very poor.

therfore i kindly request you to plaese take some action against my case, otherwise i have to kindly report this matter to consumer court.

thanking you,
    yours sincerely
    Aman Paul(9818192395)

not responding Apr 03, 2010

hai my name is prasanthreddy iam from guntur ap.i have traying to bay a fazer in guntur. ..Tejasri Yamaha

6-10-10/2 Vijayarama Complex Arundalpet
    Guntur, Andhra Pradesh,

Phone No: 0863-2321133, 2321144

this is nerst showroom but there is no phone response. iam nearly trying these numbres from one day.
    ...plese inte mate that my mobile no 8801258882...

• De
    Debraj Mitra May 07, 2010

I purchsed a Yamaha FZS from yamaha motors(factory shop)baguihati, kolkata.The service department is really horrible they are simply bunch of idiots even more than that, no it will be better to say that they are frauds who are busy in cheating people Once u enter the showroom they are ready to cut off your head, they will not try to solve your problem but change spares of your bike because they will get heavy commission.But the sales dept. is too good they can do anything and every thing to get a sell, even they will polish your shoes.please take care before its late.

ammurajesh Jun 13, 2010

Resp Sir,

I Like Yahmaha company and its products.Because your vechels are comfortable to ride and easy to handle.So I Purchased a Yahmaha Gladiator RS Blue From below mentioned Yhamaha Showroom at Pallimukku, Kollam(Dst), Kerala(State), India

" Geroge Maijo Industries Pvt Ltd, "
    Kollam(Dst)
    Kerala(State)
    India
    Phone :- 0474-2729380

Their service is too bad. They Behave badly to. The paint of engine and Bottom of Silencer was dropping. I already complianted this to the Service Engineer in that Showroom. But they negleted my complaint and harsed me.So changed my Bike's Service to the Below Mentioned Showroom of Yahmaha

" Kalpakam Automobiles "
    Kannetty, Karunagappaly, Kollam, India
    Phone :- 0476-2629733

Their Service is too better.But my Bike's Paint was droping Day By day, If This company(YAHMAHA) have any Responsibiility to the client then Please take Urgent neccessary Action.

By

Yours Truely
    Rajesh.M.G
    mob :- 9895037252
    [email protected]

• Za
    zance26 Jul 10, 2010

This is the attrocity i am going through in chennai, SRI Motors and yamaha Motors. Service, Can please anybody suggest me, how to get rid of this:

From:
    "Back Office" <[email protected]>
    View contact details
    To:
    "pankaj jha" <[email protected]>
    Cc:
    [email protected], [email protected], "Chanderpal/IT/SJP/YMI" <Chanderpal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, [email protected], "Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/YMI" <Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, "Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/YMI" <Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>... more

Dear Sir

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that it takes some time to investigate the vehicle and the same is in your case. Further, as per the communication received from the Service Area Manager today, we are sorry to inform you that the said part can not be chnaged under warranty.

As per the investigation, our observations are as follows :

1> There are some sand particles in the oil sump also.
    2> Checked the oil filter and found sand particles on the filter too.
    3> Sand particles got mixed with the engine oil and same was circulated to the engine and due to which, the engine components got damaged.
    4> Also observed damages on Camshaft, Rocker arm, Piston, Cylinder, Crankshaft bearings.

Thus, we would not be able to provide warranty on the said part.

07/09/2010 12:37 PM To Back Office <[email protected]>
    cc [email protected], [email protected], Chanderpal/IT/SJP/YMI <Chanderpal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, [email protected], Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/YMI <Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/YMI <Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>
    Subject Re: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 5

Now you are taking another two days time, it's already friday...we have already gone through all this over phone in last one and half week and still your service level staff could give you the feedback, which is quite strange. At the same time you guys are misleading the other recipient for this email as well, i have clearly mentioned all our previous communications in the email trail, which clearly mentioned your verbal assurances of escalations, this also depicts some other attributes of your service quality. After all this, still you are not understanding the urgency of the situation.
    As i have already mentioned, i am waiting for past one and half week and you are again pushing it further which i believe will make it till monday, and complete my two weeks of formal ordeal with yamaha. All these inordinate delays makes your internal escalations redundant and also proves your incompetence to control the frontline staff's inefficiencies. This is really not good from a customers point of view and in a longer term in the perspective of yamaha's image in the market. I am still not sure whether it has been escalated to right persons in your corporate office who can really qualitatively calculate the actual cost of all these delays and harrassment incurred to a customer.

--- On Fri, 9/7/10, Back Office <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Back Office <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 5
    To: "pankaj jha" <[email protected]>
    Cc: [email protected], [email protected], "Chanderpal/IT/SJP/YMI" <Chanderpal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, [email protected]com, "Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/YMI" <Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, "Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/YMI" <Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>
    Date: Friday, 9 July, 2010, 12:08 PM

Dear Sir

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that we can not comment on an case till the time the vehicle has been inspected. As it takes some time to investigate the matter, you have been replied now. We have given the response as per the comments received from the field Service Staff.

Further, we have forwarded your request to the concerned department and you will receive a response within 48 hours.

07/09/2010 12:01 PM To Back Office <[email protected]>
    cc [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/YMI <Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, Chanderpal/IT/SJP/YMI <Chanderpal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/YMI <Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>

Hi,

This oneliner is something i was not expecting after 5 reminders. i have been saying this since beginning. All i need is a resolution for this. Obviously i have also seen sand in the crankcase, if it is any external person it can be done by any person, it can be done at the workshop level as well to justify their inability of rectifying the error during the third servicing time when same problem occured and they fixed it only have it start again in one month time, by the time fourth service was due, it got deteriorated. As i have already mentioned, this is not a solution from your side and i need replacement under warranty period and would anticipating the yamaha to do it.

The clear history is there, and i do not want to mention it again, this way of response from you side is kind of ridiculing all my previous requests which should not be acceptable to any customers. Also the attrocities i have gone through during the course of time is not comparable.

I assure you i will keep on writing emails till the time i will get the proper and positive resolution for this. Just to update you my bike is still there in workshop and i am not going to take the delivery till the time it is done from the yamaha side. The longer it is getting delayed the more harassment i will be undergoing due to your neglect, which is definitely not acceptable.

--- On Fri, 9/7/10, Back Office <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Back Office <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 5
    To: "pankaj jha" <[email protected]>
    Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], "Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/YMI" <Sanjay_Singh/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, "Chanderpal/IT/SJP/YMI" <Chanderpal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>, "Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/YMI" <Vandana_Juyal/IT/SJP/[email protected]>
    Date: Friday, 9 July, 2010, 11:44 AM

Dear Sir

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We had a discussion with the Engineer who has investigated your vehicle and found that that there is a fend applied in your engine from outside, due to which the warranty has been rejected. Thus, we would not be able to replace the part under warranty.

07/09/2010 11:32 AM To [email protected], [email protected]
    cc [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Hi Nitin/Mohit/Karan,

I am not able to reach your backoffice number, also cannot able to understand this delinquency from your side.

Kindly let me know the current status...

--- On Thu, 8/7/10, pankaj jha <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 4
    Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Date: Thursday, 8 July, 2010, 3:48 PM
    Hi Nitin,

Thank you for receiving my call today, However, subsequent to our discussion i am yet to receive any kind of call or feedback from your side or any of you counterparts in Chennai region. As explained to you again today, the service engineer called me at 12:46 PM and informed me that the engine components cannot be replaced under warranty periods, it's the same reply which i heard almost one and half week back, and also the same person conveyed to me even after all these requests, which is quite evident from the email trail below. All the emails sent by me without receiving any kind of reply from your side, although you are indeed obliging me speaking to me when i am calling back after sending this email.

I insist again if the there is no hole, Man made or Manufactured, then how come sand particles came into the engine. Secondly if it is one in milion kind of case then what is the problem with yamaha to replace it. thirdly the engine problem is continuing since the begining when i bought the bike eight months bike, as mentioned in my very first email and i don't want write it again.

Fourth - When it is all about assumption that somebody else would have inserted sand into my engine oil tank, then there can be infinite number of assumptions which you can also agree and can be from both sides.

Fifth - The sheer neglect from you service deptt. of my complaint and i ended up dealing with the same dealer level service engineer, who was in complete knowledge of everything since the beginning of this particular situation.

Sixth - The way of your Service engineer spoke to me, I state here need the comment of all the recipient of this email. " even if you call anybody the matter will come to me and other engineers would have rejected it long time back, I am trying to help you out". I had to hear this yesterday because of the sheer neglect of your team to escalate it to the right person and not understanding the seriousness of this situation.

Seventh - Almost everyday nowadays i m wasting my time writing emails to you guys, calling, be on call almost half an hour explaining you the situation, if you calculate on a qualitative terms it is much more valuable than Rs 6 thousand components replacements we are talking about and adding up to that the neglect i am facing from your company's side which is giving me additional emotional setbacks.

Mr. Sanjay - I have already sent you one request yesterday in a separate email, since i had no other option left. I can understand the importance your time and it is definitely a trivial issue to look through. Please look through the email below and you can observe that all the emails have gone from side only, there is no feedback from anyone so far assuring me of any help so far in writing. Being a representative of the same group, it's my earnest request to you to kindly take a look of this and bring it to the concerned person if not my friend Nitin, can able to do it. I am really taken aback by the approach of the yamaha's representatives.

If i would have thought i will have to face this traumatic experience for that sheer amount i would have replaced at my own cost, but it is certainly went to a very different level and i am more taken aback by the systemic and internal communication failure within your organisation which will definitely put me into this kind of situation in future, and i am looking forward to avoid these problem and need satisfactory resolution of the same.

--- On Thu, 8/7/10, pankaj jha <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 2
    Cc: [email protected]
    Date: Thursday, 8 July, 2010, 1:01 PM
    Hi,

I am trying to reach the number of backoffice number 0120-6774600, but it is not reachable.

The service engineer has called me just now and told me the ssame thing which i have been told to some one and half week before. Not sure what is going on from your side and it is really getting very nasty situation from your side. Please reply or call me back at my number immediately and give me the right feedback. I was nto waiting fro the last week that the same serive will call me that you have for the change in the components of engine eventhough it is in warranty period.

Looking forward to your feedback on this.

--- On Tue, 6/7/10, pankaj jha <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 2
    Cc: [email protected]
    Date: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 6:54 PM
    Hi,

Based on my discussion today with Mohit in the backoffice, It was suppose to be close today and i would have received the bike. It is end of the day and i haven't received any call or further information about the same. Please forward my query to the right person who can address this issue efficiently or provide me the contact details so that i can personally send the request. It is really getting delayed quite inordinately. Also i am yet to receive any reply to my sent emails and this is the second reminder i am sending. Everyday i m losing my time and effort in doing this unnecesary co-ordination.

Appreciate your quick resolution of the same.

--- On Mon, 5/7/10, pankaj jha <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Fw: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 1
    Date: Monday, 5 July, 2010, 8:57 PM
    Hi,

Kindly see the email below and help...I really appreciate your help in this regard.

--- On Mon, 5/7/10, pankaj jha <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Yamaha Service related complaint - Reminder 1
    To: [email protected]
    Date: Monday, 5 July, 2010, 8:00 PM
    Hi,

This is in continuation to my Email sent on Friday regarding my Bike service complaint.

Afterwards i got a call from Karan from the backoffice and he assured me of the right solution for the same. Today i again called in the morning and one lady told me that it has been transferred to Mr. Chandrashekhar, the service engineer of this TN Zone, as per the information i received, and they can't do anything, everything is in the hands of chadrashekhar now. The lady seems to be in a great hurry and i never got this kind of turse reply from any customer care office, the way she spoke to me, anyways, after that i tried to get the number of chennai regional office, which fortunately i found from the information related website.

When i called that number, my call was transferred to the Mr. Anokhi Ratan, one person from Logistics deptt, this is what he informed me. He assured me that he will let the concerned person know and i will get a call back within half an hour. All this happened today at 9:45AM. till 12:30 i never received any call. Again i tried the same number and somebody informed that Mr. Anokhi Ratan is not available and he can be reached only after 1 PM. Again i called around 1:20 PM and finally i spoke to him and he said that Mr. Chandrashekhar is coming from Hyderabad and he will call you from there.

After all this around 1:31 PM i got a call from this number 9345279789, person named Mr.Chandrashekhar, he was calling from Chennai Airport, but he said he is going to Hyderabad so he can't do anything before thursday or friday. Alll my concern are very well and clearly mentioned in my friday's email. I tried to reach almost all the available contacts i could have, but so far there is no resolution. Also just for your information my Bike is still in the Sree Motors workshop and engine is open, not sure the exact status of the same. They have not bothered to call me for any of the status update.

If i will not receive the reply of this email by tomorrow, i m going to send a hard copy of the same to the corporate office and i can hope it will reach to the concerned person.

It's my sincere request to you to make it resolve at the earliest, as there is no point in keeping the bike for long when the fault in the bike is detected. Also after all this if there is recurring problem what is assurance of the bike running properly in the normal conditions.

It is already consuming my lots of time, effort and energy which is very well evident from the detail i have given above. And also it is making my efforts invain due to the sheer neglect of the yamaha persons, which is not acceptable to any customers, not even to me.

Thanking you in anticipation and looking forward to a positive feedback on this.

--- On Fri, 2/7/10, pankaj jha <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Yamaha Service related complaint
    To: [email protected]
    Date: Friday, 2 July, 2010, 11:03 PM

Hi,

I have given my bike for servicing, it is the fourth one, there was some kind of different sound coming and also the engine used to start pulling back once it crossed, speed of 55. Now the workshop guys are telling it was because of Sand in the oil tank. which as per them also is a unique problem. And there is no way that i can create a hole in it and fill sand it that. The same problem was there during the third service as well. and they changed the engine bore, shaft and said it would be ok. But this time they are not ready to change the engine parts under warrany and asking me to pay some Rs 6000. Please guide me ...it is getting too bad it's hardly 8 months since i bought the bike and it's kind of recurring problem since beginning and this time it's affecting in monetary terms as well. Already they are keeping my bike since monday, and today on goinf there they askked they will again talk to to the service manager and get back to me in one week. If they keep the bike for two weeks it will severely affect my transportaion as well. It's a kind of Mental trauma. Also just for your kind information, so far i have done servicing on time and date as specified i m regular office going employee and there is not much pressure on bike riding and its running in a normal condition which even the workshop guys also agreed.

That too they are saying they have seen this kind of problem first time, then how come i should have pay the price for this. I have not created any hole in the engine and put sand in that. For past 8 months it has been an incessant problem for me and i need full proof satisfactory resolution from the yamaha company, if they really believe in providing customer satisfaction.

Your feedback and guidance will be helpful.

0-9840392632
    TN-09-BB-6483 (Bike Regn. No.)

Virago500 Aug 07, 2010

I was riding my Virago 500 motorcycle last weekend. I had just done all the necessary preventative maintenance to ensure a safe trip out of town. Shifting gears I felt a burst beneath my legs and a jerk from the bike caused a sudden loss of power. I had enough momentum to pull over and see what the problem was. It surprised me to see oil leaking out at an alarming rate forming a puddle before my eyes. I could not discern where it was coming from at first but a second look revealed several cracks In the crankcase cover. The largest being just above the starter motor. I do not comprehend how such a thing is possible and am concerned at the quality of manufacturing that has gone into this motor and perhaps others just like it. I am no longer able to start or ride this motorcycle due to the large cracks in the crankcase cover.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with Yamaha. I am waiting their response.

anoob Oct 12, 2010

Hi i am from chennai last saturday i gave my byke fz 16 for paid service in Sairam motors, i said them about the my horn to be fixed properly because i changed it a month before from the same show room its not working from the day two after it fixed up, and i had no time to take it to them, and they charged every thing even for labour and small parts too . last night my frnd took it from service center he never noticed ab out the horn too.

I asked them to fix it again properly when i gave to service but it was never fixed dont know, , thy are charging for each and evey thing a huge amount . and not taking the complaint properly, and eradicating it .

• Sr
    Srikanth KR Nov 09, 2010

I bought Yamaha R15 - 2 yrs back. It Ran upto 18000 kms and my bike is not at all looks like smooth riding. Petrol tank, handle bar and some other parts are all vibrating after 10000 kms onwards. I cant able to ride my bike more than 50 km/h. I have given service in almost all the YAMAHA service centres. But they said the bike is good and old R15 will give only this much smoothness. I dont think Yamaha service is good. My bike riding looks like Someother 100 CC bike. I cant feel the yamaha's performance and smoothness. They dono how to service properly and sastisfy the customer. I thought of buying FZ 16 to my brother. But now I have changed my plan to go for someother option.

• Al
    alexjudas.alex Dec 06, 2010

my r15 having problem with the rear mono shock a tak tak sound from it my bike is new just 12 days, this problem was there when i brought it but i thought it is from the tool kit but this days the sound became worst so i removed the tool kit and realiced its from the shock and i went to yamaha svc they said want to replace the mono shock it will take 15 days but not sure !, i read some r15 owner with the same problem they also replaced the shock and the links but they saying the sound is still there ... everyone can check it .. just search 'yamaha r15 mono shock noice problem' in google

• At
    Atul- jaipur Jan 24, 2011

very bad spear parts supply...

• Bn
    bnyash Feb 28, 2011

Hai yashwanth here
    am very much craze in yamaha, one day i heard about r15, i saw all comments about the bike in net, it was there some bad comment also i did not care, foolishly i bought R15. in the showroom also they told bike is too good. blindly i purchesed that. after that i have suffrerd too much, from 2nd month Gear Problem, till now they did not solve, and too much carelessness, after we buy they wont get profit so only they wont concentrate their old costomers, and milage is too low price is too high, once i get accedent because of bike skid for repair they taken 1 month, after that i feel some extra sound in that i infirmed them they told me that engin problem which bike will come with in 1 year engin problem, but r15 is great it will come, and i given for service they told me that parts will come from bombay it will takes time, till 2 month i have waited and still am waiting i did not get my bike it's in showroom, and they will tell that free service, but there is no free service for oil also we have to pay, just they will water wash and give, now mantainence 73000 down payment, I paid, monthly 1700 loan 11%, 2 month once free service we have to pay 1000, and after free service we can’t give bike anyware we have to give showroom only they will charge too much, till loan finish we have to spend near to 160000. Totally bike is waste fully fibur body if accedent we will get only 50% benefit, my suggetion is don’t go YAMAHA take other Best is, no 1 Pulsar 200, and 220, and apache, ZMR also good better than r15,
    Thanks
    Yashwanth  Be happy

• Je
    Jeffrey Graf Feb 28, 2011

I have similar problem.
    I am surprised that Yamaha does not want to honor the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This is a federal law. They have had over 100 attempts to repair my Rhino (dealer has the documentation). I purchased an additional Two Years Y.E.S. warranty after the original Three Years expired. It came with a Six Month warranty. That’s Sixty-Six Months TOTAL. They say its two old of a "vehicle" to "Want to participate" in my problem! I say, its two old of a "problem" to not want to participate in a FEDERAL LAW!!!
    I have made several attempts to resolve this matter, and yet I am still stuck with a lemon that they cannot repair. And furthermore, they thumb their nose at the Federals law. As a consumer, I have rights, and as an American Corporation, they have obligations.

This complaint is for the record. I will attempt to contact their legal department ONE MORE TIME after this complaint. The Act is meant to provide consumers with access to reasonable and effective remedies where there is a breach of warranty on a consumer product. If they do not HONOR my request, I will seek Council to affect this reasonable and effective remedy to the fullest extent allowable by law.

Full Warranty Requirements Under a full warranty, in the case of a defect, malfunction, or failure to conform with the written warranty, the warrantor:

must, as a minimum, remedy the consumer product within a reasonable time and without charge;
    may not impose any limitation on the duration of any implied warranty on the product;
    may not exclude or limit consequential damages for a breach of any written or implied warranty on the product, unless the exclusion or limitation conspicuously appears on the face of the warranty; and
    if the product, or a component part, contains a defect or malfunction, must permit the consumer to elect either a refund or replacement without charge, after a reasonable number of repair attempts.

Read the last line carefully "REASONABLE NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS"!

In addition, the federal government has the authority to take injunctive action against a supplier or warrantor who fails to meet the requirements of the act.

Finally, consumers may seek redress in the courts for alleged violations of the Magnuson-Moss Act. A consumer who has been injured by the noncompliance of a supplier may bring an action in federal court if the amount in controversy is over $25, or a class action if the number of class plaintiffs is greater than 100.

Are there 100 or more of you out there? Respond to me at;
    mailto:[email protected]

Yamaha, you have lost your Founders Vision.

Jeffrey Graf

mukund khochare. Apr 24, 2011

hi sir i am mukund khochare from jaysingpur my bike yamaha G5's asscilator wire is break consistanly and i am telling this complent 2nd time plz take action on this distubutar his name is arun and this show room is in jaysinnpur

• Ka
    karamjit singh devgan Apr 30, 2011

i have brought a Yamaha fazer in Jan 2010 and now after 1 year and three month my battery is not taking load for any thing after my 7 service in opposite of south city mall showroom(LEADERS) before giving to service the battery of the bike is working fine just need to change the water and need charged. but after the service my battery got totally spoiled and told me by an employ that this is not their problem and told me to bye and put a new battery, as per my information the battery is working fine before the service.and i believed my battery has changed in between the service. in that service center its common of fuel stolen and such things peaple believe the authorized service center of Yamaha and give their bike for service.now i am scared giving my bike to the service centre of yamaha as they are SCAMMING peaple.i request the management of Yamaha to take a track of there employ and if the things goes in such way yahama will loose the faith of customers.

REGARDS
    karamjit singh
    22 j.d.n road kolkata-20

• Ve
    Vette man May 31, 2011

I just bought a V star 950 Four months ago. At that time I also bought the 800 dollar extended warrenty. This morning I took it in for its first oil change.. To my surprise I also had what they called a pre season service added on my bill. They said that is to make sure everything is still tight! Shouldn't that be standard with the manufacturers warranty? So my oil change cost me 180.00. Yamaha motor corp. won't answer my calls!!! Don't ever go through Macomb Power Sports in Mt. Clemens, MI.

• Ni
    Ninja3120 Jun 10, 2011

I purchased an R15 red color bike on Jan 13 2010. As promised the bike was delivered to on the date I wanted and all the papers were given to me. After the first service the problems started, the bike went dead while I was driving it. It was like the battery gone dead and the bike came to standing halt. I called the dealer (Perl Yamaha, Hyderabad) and the service guy told me that battery might have gone loose so he asked me to push the bike in first gear and come to service center, which I did and as he said the battery connection was loose and he fixed it. I was relived and drove my bike like I used. It was time for second service and the same issue started. So I told the service guy about the issue and was assured that it will be done while second free service. After the second service the bike didn’t have the issue. But as the third service was nearing the same thing happened so I thought it was probably the service time was near and the bike was giving it indications. Give my bike for third service and was again told the battery might have got some problem and will be rectified. This happened every time before service and gets solved after the service and after few weeks the same things happens.

In the month of February the issue seemed to be on high side… the bike didn’t start or as advised by the mechanic in the authorized perl Yamaha service center, I pushed the bike in first gear to start as the battery gone dead. I was furious and called the service center and escalated the call to chief mechanic. He asked me to get the bike to service center which was not possible as the bike wont start. I had to get my bike towed till the service center and give the bike for service. After keeping my bike for 2 days they told me that the real issue was due to faulty battery which had the history of defects and it will be replaced free of cost as it was known issue by Yamaha. Trusting their words I waiting for 1 more day and was told the bike is ready. Went to service center paid for general service and took my bike, before leaving I was assured again by the chief mechanic the problem would not be repeated.

But after few days the same problem, this time I took it to Perl Yamaha in Kondapur as the chief mechanic was there. After having my bike was 2 days (again) was told that this time it was faulty chip and they have rectified it. I was again assured that it would not repeat. But after few days same problem and when I called the Mr Siddharth of Perl Yamaha, I wanted to get my money back as the purpose of buying such costly bike was not worth as it was more in the service center rather than on the rods and I was shocked to hear that it was not possible as they have sold 4000 odd R15 bikes in Hyderabad and never faced this kind of issue and said that it might be due to my driving skills. You own people have agreed to have faulty battery in first place and after repeated assurance of issue being fixed the problem still exists. Paying almost 1lk 20k for a bike do you think a person would treat bike like ### and make issues for himself??? Again today I have given the bike for service and I am sure after two days I will be told that issue won’t repeat and every thing is fixed.

I want to either have the bike replaced or give my money back as there is no use for me paying EMI for a product which I don’t get to even use. Imagine paying such huge money and don’t get to utilize it fully??? PLEASE ESCALATE THIS ISSUE TO YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT AS I AM GOING TO CONSUMER FORUM FOR PUTTING MY LIFE AND MY WIFE’S LIFE IN DANGER FOR GIVING SUCH FAULTY PRODUCT AND PUTTING BLAME ON CUSTOMER FOR BAD DRIVING SKILLS.

Unsatisfied Customer