Xlibrispromises no delievery more money

I have a book published also called "A Frog in a Pot" they claim I never sell any. I have only sold 3 copies. I did receive royalities but they "suckered" me into more money with the downloadable book and more marketing services. I have been nickled and dimed to death. I just had to pay 89 dollars to keep my web domain page up. I only paid it because my blog is linked to it. NO ONE speaks friggin English!!! I have dumped over $5, 000 and up into this book. I have it listed all over the internet, there are hundreds of thousands of listings, but apparently no one wants to buy my book according to them. They tend to telephone "stalk" me with promises of grandeur marketing but never deliever, then blame me for not doing "my part" in selling my book. The problem is no book stores want to deal with print on demand companies especially theirs. So I cannot even get book signings or bookstores to carry the book. I have hung up on them numerous times because I know they are trying to get more and more money out of me. I am a single parent and have been unemployed for a year and a half but yet they want another $1000 or more for yet some other service..I am tried of this crap. Publishing a book should be a fun and exciting time not make you broke and stressed. It shouldn't make you go into debt either. I am so disgusted with them. I have already decided that my next book published will be with another company.

Magics Jan 06, 2011

Wow this is the second complaint I have read about this publishing company. I will stay far away from them and you spent all that money on it. That is terrible. I would not pay another penny. You need to file a claim or commit to contacting the headquarters. You could be saving others such stress and yes as I am a writer I would be really upset should this of happened to me.

Magics Jan 06, 2011

I am a proofreader and I am also a reviewer of many works. Is this a serious comment

Magics Jan 06, 2011

promises no delievery more money

Is this your article? Check out the spelling. I am a poet and just merely read some of these complaints in here on book publishers, and happened to comment on your article. That is all. And yes I am a very active reviewer and also I do critique. Have proofread many things in my working career and my writing even to established authors. I did not know this comment I left was to be used as sarcasm. Good luck with your writing. I hope you get someone good to publish your book. Happy New Year. God's Blessing to you. Happy Writing

Magics Jan 06, 2011

I see so you just read others and make calls on comments or subject matter? Very interesting

Magics Jan 06, 2011

I also see you do not make any complaints just you are here to comment. So must be something you just like to do. I thought I was talking to the young lady who wrote this article. Sorry to have bothered you.

The Sarge Jun 14, 2011

I just submitted a manuscript to this company and have made a partial payment on a package. I hope that nothing goes wrong with my experience. So far I have not had any bad experiences, but its still early in the game for me. A.H.

The Sarge Jun 14, 2011

I was unaware that the company may be a hoax, until my daughter clued me in. I am a first time writer publishing a book, so I am a little fragile when it comes to knowing the ropes. I just hope that they do what the say they are going to do. I think that is not asking to much. AH.

P.O" d in Jersey Nov 26, 2011

Somehow they managed to get my cell phone number and have been calling me for their new "marketing promo" which in turn just means give me more money. I have hung up on them numerous times and they are like sharks they keep circling. Still no royalties, but sure as hell they want more money. I have told them, explained to them, yelled at them screamed at them to stop calling. Literally they called my house and when I didn't answer it they called my cell phone within 20 seconds. You don't hear from them for almost a year then all of a sudden they hammer you with phone calls and emails. I was going to call them 50 times a day and see how they like it. Granted I have been working but why dump more money into the book if they are not going to fulfill their end of the bargain. Supposedly I have only sold 3 books which I highly doubt since friends have bought the book. I've told them I am not spending anymore money on my book, $5, 000+ is enough. They say okay and a month later someone else calls back. So tired of their B.S. Every year now I have to pay them 89 dollars to keep my web site going. There's gotta be a loop hole to get the rights to the web site completely for myself so I don't have to keep giving them money.

P.O 'D in Jersey Dec 15, 2011

Now if you go on their web site and check your royalty statements the system is down for maintenance..go figure! its been like that for a month or more. I guess the law suits caught up with them or the bankruptcy. Has anyone had any luck with them or receiving royalties?

P.O" d in Jersey Mar 28, 2012

Yeah I noticed that.. but ironically several weeks ago they sent me a royalty check (which was pitiful) 2 downloads from ebooks. 7 dollars a piece which was 14 dollars and I got 7 dollars and that was taxed..WTH??!!! Its been down then they got it working and I just checked and its down again..This company needs to be sued so all the writers can get their true royalties unfortunately we will never know the true amount of what they are. Publishing this book has been more aggravating then enjoyable. its ridiculous!! They hammer you with phone calls but when you try to get ahold of anyone forget about speaking english no one is around to answer your call. I believe they sent a royalty check only because it was the end of the year and they were getting ready to file taxes..go figure!

• Tr
    Trumekle Aug 31, 2012

I have spent $10 thousand on a kids xmas book and they have never sent me a thing after 2 years. I am working w/a gal now who seems like she has it together and does not understand why my book is not out yet herself.

WHAT TO DO?

The Golden Pen Nov 03, 2012

Xlibris is nothing but a massive disgusting endless scam. Everyone involved with that company should be in jail.

The Golden Pen Nov 03, 2012

Also I think the person harassing you with comments on here is an Xlibris staff member who can't speak English at all themselves. There was nothing wrong with your posts about Xlibris but the person harassing you and claiming you couldn't spell could barely type English and is obviously someone from Xlibris trying to discredit you.

The Golden Pen Nov 03, 2012

Seriously anyone submitting anything to this vanity press is stupid. You are not really publishing a book you are just being scammed like a dumb monkey. Real writers don't pay they get paid.

The Golden Pen Nov 03, 2012

Often even when friends and family buy books from Amazon Xlibris will lie and claim there were no sales. They just steal everything and agitate for more and more.

• Se
    Sebbie5 May 13, 2015

This isn't a real publishing company AT ALL and I'm sorry but you're kind of foolish or senile if you think real authors with books in stores have to pay to get a book published. Authors with quality books get paid by companies, they do not pay them. If you are asked to pay it is a scam company. A real publishing company will pay you for your hard work and never ask for one cent.

And it is very easy now for a book to be listed all over the internet it does not mean anyone will buy it as they have to go looking for it to find those listings.