XlibrisScam

A

Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone. Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park. (Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time con-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft. Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees". The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour. The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.

• To
    Tough World Feb 04, 2021

Xlibris is indeed fraudulent in my experience. After 11 years of Xlibris selling my book online and otherwise, I have received 0 royalties. Ironically they can find no record of any of my books being sold and yet strangers are re-selling them online every day. As a further audacity, they will not grant me access to my dashboard.

Now, la creme de la creme ... they are now attempting to woo me into doing this all over again.
    Duh.

I would gladly join a class action suit against this company and in fact would be pleased to commence one if given the support!

If you have a similar tendency please respond to [email protected] My name is Malcolm Mills

• Ni
    Nikkitucker Sep 25, 2020

I would like to be added to the lawsuit. My book was published in 2016. I have made nothing. I have seen no royalties. My book has been sold in other countries. I feel ripped off and want my money back. They priced my book at an extremely high price that I did not agree on. My email address is [email protected]

Dawn laga Aug 27, 2020

I want parr in lawsuit xlibris ripped me off 7000.00 how do i do it [email protected]

• Ro
    Roland B20202 Aug 13, 2020

Worse experience ever wanted out the contract but couldn’t . Very poor editing full of errors. Still haven’t received a dime in royalties . Very dishonest people will never wish them on my worse enemy . Got robbed out of $12, 500

Comments

• Ke
    Kellie Mackey Jul 01, 2020

I, too have been ripped off by this company. My book was published in 2012. I've made nothing from it but it is in 3 pages of Google Search pages. My book is selling in different languages around the world and I receive no royalties. I am keen to take these people on.
    [email protected]

• Pe
    peeved at xlibris Sep 02, 2019

Xlibris scam
    Xlibris published my book, To Weave a Tangled Web, back in 2011. They constantly tried to get me to spend thousands of dollars on their book tour packages and finally claimed that the reason I have never seen a penny in royalties is I didn't spend the money on their book tour packages. My book is in on Amazon.com, Ebay, Barnes and Noble, Powell Books and more, yet they claim that not a single book has sold in eight (8) years.

• Pi
    pioneerhealthcare Jul 13, 2019

Three Years ago i come acroos, for publishing my medical Book. After all the lies, after receiving my huge amount, started giving all excuses.
    They are a biggest scam.I dont think they have educated people to help you.

After loosing 3 years, funds, etc, i had to pay a reputable company.

It seems they are a kind of money laundering to Phillipines/Manila.

dangerous, crooked people

• Ro
    Rojis Sep 09, 2018

I have just been reading the comments authors have been making about their experiences with Xlibris. As I had thought, 99.9% have had similar issues to what I experienced this year when I published my first book. Like many I have spent thousands in terms of publishing and marketing and have not received the services I paid for.

For instance, they had initially messed up the format of my book, which is a collection of poems, rather than make it better, and I had to redo it for them. Secondly, they’ve didn’t proof-read the book either. To add to this, once the book was published friends who tried to purchase the paperback had various issues. This included not receiving the what they purchased on Amazon and later being given the recommendation to get off Xlibris and being told (on Amazon) that Amazon doesn’t sell in that zone (Australia etc). Some were only able to buy on e-book. When I queried Xlibris about this, they gave me lame excuses that they have no control over Amazon, or friends should or should not try the Australian website (inconsistent responses). In this case I felt there was false advertising on Amazon (why put it there if not available?)

This alerted me because one or two friends bought my book through Xlibris directly, but I didn’t see any sales records on their website, so no royalties. Plus, Xlibris kept telling me that their Amazon sales records are only updated on a quarterly basis. In terms of marketing, the team just used my book’s summary rather than create anything of their own. Plus, the Coordinator agreed that I could add anything on my website for free (I have email proof), but later said it would cost me. Lastly, because the Marketing Manager had offered to start marketing the book as soon it was ready even though the total would be paid along the way, I queried why it wasn’t going to ones that we had agreed on. The Coordinator’s response said I hadn’t finished paying the total, and that the book fairs they had in mind are next year! These recent experiences made me stop the automatic payments.
    From the experiences I have had, I feel that Xlibris are very cunning in terms of continuously referring people from one department to another, claiming the department doesn’t deal with the issue that an author may be trying to solve. This way, nothing gets done. Their customer service is totally useless, and they make excuses that certain departments only follow US working hours, whilst I have caught them off guard on this. In their email signatures they have Australian addresses, and through my recent research I have discovered these are totally wrong. Why put these on the email when not physically there? They are based in Cebu, Philippines, and my conclusion is that they are scammers and just want to get money of self-publishing authors without providing agreed services….I would NEVER recommend frauds like them to anyone.

Marie-Claire Paynter Aug 09, 2018

Xlibris is a crooked company. Use them at your own risk. They took a lot of money from me and to date I haven't receive 1 penny and no loyalties. I's been 4 years and I was promised 2 books for the price of one then they disagree about that after they took the money from me. The book is printed with structural mistakes and they blamed me instead of taking the responsibility in finding positive outcome to the problem.

They pretend that they are in America, then I found out that they are in Cebu, The Philippines using slave labours . The Filipinos has given themselves English names to play the part. It's total scam. They gave me so much stress and they are full of lies. Shame on the vultures / Crooks. Basically they stole my book.

When I complained, they've been passing me around and used bullying tactics. I've now decided to fight them, the criminals. Together we can stop those crooks / parasites of publishing business.

• Xl
    Xlibris Publishing Mar 15, 2018

Hello, and thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've been having a poor experience with us. Please feel free to contact our Royalties department directly, at [email protected] .

Daisy Reyes Jan 30, 2018

In 2013 I self-published my first script, titled: "Chi-Chi and the Salazar family" the publisher, I used to publish the script was "Xlibris". I've spent close to two thousand dollars with this publisher to advertise my book to obtain publicity and sells. Since 2013 all I've gained has been sixty dollars. My book since it came out has been sold overseas and has many five stars over the internet and great reviews, people on eBay are selling my book in the UK, Australia, and France.

The publisher hasn't sent me a check for more than two years and my book has been sold up until today. Then, why was my last check from them a few years ago? When I asked them about why I haven't received a check in the past few years, they always give me vague answers that I don't understand. A few weeks ago, I called and asked them, why haven't I received a check from 2016 and 2017 and they told me they will going to contact me which they did not. I don't recognize what's actually going on, they can tell me anything they want and I possess no evidence to belie.
    I had no idea that so many people were going through the same problems as me, too bad I waited so many years to seek help.I own all the rights to my book.

• brian231hernandez Jan 30, 2018

@Daisy Reyes This is really tragic to hear I think you should seek legal actions against them I know a few lawyers that will be willing to fight for your dividends.

• Ra
    Raye Rabbitfoot Jan 05, 2018

I have something GREAT to say about Xlibris...They make a lovely book as long as YOU, the author, know what you are doing...I have previously owned a graphic design business and have my own vision on what a good quality finished book should look like. Xlibris helped me produce just that. I now have 5 books published with Xlibris...myself strictly navigating the whole process. Xlibris was more than patient with my critical details and many adjusts and changes.
    It you want to see what they can achieve in full color 8 1/2 " book...Buy one of mine: The Lizard's Tail...You will be amazed.
    The only problem with any print-on-demand is the cost of individual books...and the cost of shipping. That is the only problem with Xlibris.

• Pa
    Pattie Freemsn Dec 14, 2017

Completely on board with you!

• Bo
    Bob Bruesch Oct 22, 2017

I agree with every comment above. Luckily, I caught most of their editing mistakes (over fifty in 221 pages - this after two editing rejects of over 100 additional errors in the first proof copy I received). Still, the book went to press and was delivered to me with almost thirty errors. What dismays me most: Their total lack of the marketing services they promised me. Two book fairs that display their books offered to display my book for nearly $2, 000. This include ONLY putting up a poster of my book. I would't be allowed to have a booth to talk to possible distributors, nor would my books be there to buy! What is most egregious is that I cannot collect my royalties. I have six signed affidavits stating that people purchased copies of my book on Amazon in Aug./Sept. yet in late October they do not appear on my read out. Luckily, I'm doing local marketing of my book and have sold almost 100 copies (compared a total of SEVEN by Xlibris). There is an absolute absence of marketing from Xlibris. They are simply just an over-priced book printing company. Will anyone like to participate in a Class Action suit against Xlibris. I have already talked to several lawyers and some are REALLY interested in filing a case!

• Ca
    carelovejoypeace Jun 06, 2017

Xlibris need to be reported to the Fraud Squad. How can they take people's money, don't produce a thing and then refuse to speak with the author or respond to e mails? The only time that one hears from them is when they want to collect more money. What a fraudulent company!!!

Dianne Evans May 30, 2017

Xlibris is trying to con me out of the initial payment I made to them in respect of a book I am trying to publish. They took my initial payment and when the book went up for review they tried to tell me that there was a chance I would have a suit brought against me because some parts of the book said questionable things about certain people. First of all, no one in the book is having his/her real name mentioned and the book take place in the 1960s. Most of the people who could have been identified are dead. The publisher tried to wriggle out of publishing the book by saying it wouldn't be responsible for any suits made against them in respect of my book. That would have been a bit difficult since the majority of the people had died at least 30 years ago, some 40, I would advise that no on consider Xlibris. Amazingly, this publisher has been tracking me down since last summer. You should by all means avoid this company.

• Ca
    carelovejoypeace Apr 26, 2017

On July 18, 2016, I contracted the services of Xlibris to publish a children’s book entitled ABC Animal Rhymes. I made it clear to them that my target market for this book is public libraries and school libraries which means that the book was to be published with a hard cover. A sample copy of the book was sent to me in September 2016 in paperback format with a retail price of $21.99. I subsequently advised them that the price was not competitive in addition to the fact that the book needs to be hard cover. Their representative advised me that to effect these changes (i.e. reduce price and change to hard cover), I was required to remit an additional $106.40 to which I complied on October 31, 2016.

Four months later in February 2017, a representative contacted me with an electronic copy of the changes to the interior galley for which I verbally approved but there was no change to the retail price and the book cover. She advised that there was no internal (XLIBRIS) notation of the book being amended to be hard cover and price reduction – even though I paid an additional $106.40 for those specific amendments.

During the foregoing saga, I began to receive phone calls from a company that calls itself Book Venture Publishing expressing to me how concerned they were regarding my book. The voice of their representative resembled the voice of a representative I was once in contact with at Xlibris. When I said to the Book Venture representative, “You sound like Chris Michaels who I used to speak with at Xlibris”, the phone line went dead. The person on the other end of the phone remained silent and then hung up. Book Venture Publishing has also sent me e mails regarding Xlibris unethical conduct with authors. If one were to Google Xlibirs Scam, one would be appalled at the findings. The very core of my being is remorseful for failure to conduct my due diligence before engaging the services of Xlibris – the most fraudulent and unethical company that I have ever engaged in a business transaction.

After seven/eight months of haggling with Xlibris to publish a simple children’s book, a firm decision was made to let go and part company with them because their business ethics is beyond questionable.

I have NOT received my 5 (author) hard cover books and other marketing materials to include bookmarks, business cards and posters.

In total, I have paid Xlibris $2, 114.90 to publish and market/publicize my book - broken down as follows:
    · $785.90 (i.e. $246.50 on July 18, 2016; $216.50 on Aug 18, 2016; $216.50 on Sept 18, 2016 and $106.40 on Oct 31, 2016) for publishing.

· And $1, 329 (i.e. $463.00 - Sept 30, 2016; $433.00 - Oct 30, 2016; $433.00 - Nov 30, 2016) for publicity/marketing.

The question is, “How can this Scam Artist – Xlibris charge for marketing and publicity of a book that has not been produced?”

Please also note that Xlibris uses a United States address but all their representatives are in the Philippines who unfortunately lack basic intelligence and the inability to communicate fluently in English. The staff turnover is ridiculously high which contributes to the lack of continuity in the communication process. I sincerely believe that the reason why I eventually folded and signed on with them is because of the constant hounding by their sales representative. After they got my money, my phone stopped ringing.

lisa carson Apr 22, 2017

STAY AWAY FROM XLIBRIS THEY ARE A FRAUD!!! DONT WORK WITH YOU! TAKE YOUR MONEY. NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.

lisa carson Apr 22, 2017

xlibris is a fraud company, they don't work with you, they take your money, hang up on you, they are pathetic .They need to be shut down!!!

lisa carson Apr 22, 2017

xlibris is a complete scam…… stay away they disconnect you, lie and don't have any respect for the writers, , , , , , , , , , fraud

Damde Jul 13, 2016

Hawaii was admitted into the union of the United Stated of America August 19th 1959. We have been a state for 50+years... explain to me then why we are charged International shipping? The rep I spoke to gave me the casual reason "because of the distance." Maine to California is farther away than Hawaii is to the East coast so do they charge Mainers international shipping?

So Hawaii gets discriminated against because we're not attached? And then this clown keeps me on hold for 8 minutes after I asked for a manager. When he comes on he says that no one from the team is there, because it's Saturday.

I understand perfectly well that Hawaii has a higher shipping rate, I've lived here 30 years...but INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?

What a bunch of BULL#^&!!!

Janet Horton Jul 13, 2016

From experience, and as a publishing consultant, I can tell you there is almost NEVER a reason to go with a publish-on-demand or vanity publishing company. They either get your money up front with no way of knowing if there is any return on your investment, or they get your money in royalties with no evidence of a return on your investment. You even lose on your royalties by the time bookstores and Amazon like places pound their royalties and commissions out of you. The only people who benefit are the publishing companies and lawyers. Where there is a breach by the publisher, yes you can almost always get out of the contract by taking your complaint public and to the social networks. You are entitled to a financial accountability, the print ready file - unless you signed away your ownership rights, then you own nothing; and the distribution and listings should be yanked from all places claiming commissions and royalties under the name of the publisher.

For the unestablished, and sometimes to an established, author the world of publishing is intimidating, confusing and overwhelming. There are a multitude of different types of publishing houses and sources in which to use. Which is right for you? What happens when you go with a less than honorable vanity or print on demand publisher? What steps are involved in the writing, printing, publishing, distribution and marketing of a book? How does an author proceed safely with their dream? How does an author determine what is the best course of action for their book? As an author, writer and publishing consultant my goal is to help the author determine what their best course of action is and sometimes how to undo a bad choice and how to start over. www.janethorton.net

• Fr
    Francine B Jul 13, 2016

I feel that they are a scam when it comes to royalty checks and is not honest with the author when it comes to marketing campaigns.

• Ni
    Nigel McKnight Jun 03, 2016

I'm the author of Repercussions: What happens in the dark will come to light. I'm experiencing problems myself as a new author. My first book was published with Xlibris on February 29, 2016. I know individuals personally who purchased my book and I also have E.F.T so I don't need to meet the threshold of 75.00 us dollars to receive payment. Also my book was mysteriously not searchable or available in Xlibris bookstore a few days for royalties to be paid. I'm also feeling that something isn't right

• Jr
    JR Colbert May 27, 2016

I sent in my typed manuscript to xlibris a year ago - at the time I wanted to get it in to a publisher because I wrote it in '86. They have had the manuscript for a year, I was hoping things would change but it hasn't. The person I originally was in contact with is no longer with the company and I want my manuscript back - I called to talk to them today and the person I spoke with told me that the original contact did not give him the manuscript. So, I told him that I wanted it back and I told him that it was his responsibility to find the script and mail it back to me. I am giving him 10 days to get back in my hands. My worry is, what can I do if I don't get it back? I guess in 10 days, I'm gonna have to look for an attorney. Thank goodness I never sent them any money.

• Hi
    hillbilly 3975 May 03, 2016

I am in the same boat as everyone else on here. I created a children's activity book J.D. Drool Monkey's Big Day in 2014. I have seen on many web sites around the globe that there are numerous copies available from new to used. I have invested over $20, 000 and have only made roughly $50 in royalties. I was invited to attend Book to Screen Pitch Fest in Los Angeles and the International Book Fair in Miami. At the book fair, the Xlibris representative told me to only give the books out to the "important children"!!! ALL CHILDREN ARE IMPORTANT!! With all of this publicity you would think my books would be doing better. I have lost all faith in Xlibris as my publishing company. Everyone on here needs to get one lawyer and sue the pants off these people.

• Ri
    Richadr V. Webb Apr 28, 2016

I have experienced all of the problem sited above with Xlibris. What I'd like to do is to form some kind of group which can officially go after Xlibris and have them banned from the business or more. I'd like to have them indicted for fraud and support a criminal case against them naming the individuals in the organization who are responsible. Any Attorneys out their who can supply some advice?

Diane Brischke Apr 28, 2016

I agree with everyone. My book is beautiful to look at but after over a year of editing mostly by myself I was jerked around being tossed around from person to person and being offered one service after another and getting a total of $36.00 in royalties. They are always asking for money and not coming through with their marketing. I was so excited when my book finally came out my dream is now crushed by them. I wish someone would take the chance and bring a class action suit against them so no one else will go through what we have.

• Ri
    Richard Webb Author Mar 31, 2016

My name is Richard Webb. I'm a novelist and have written 12 novels with 6 published. Recently I decided to self publish with Xlibris. This was the biggest financial mistake I've ever made in my life. From the very beginning the programs were misrepresented. Straight out lies which they were even bold enough to put into Emails. Example; I was told my package would cost $1, 800.00 and I agreed to it. Two days later the salesman called me and said that for $1950.00 "INSTEAD" I could get a number of additional benefits. The benefits were definitely worth $150.00 more, but when I looked at my Visa Account I realized they had taken an (ADDITIONAL) $1, 950.00. This was done without my authorization with an E-signature. It gets much worse. Between agreeing to the first offer and the second lie, I was contacted by their "Marketing Department) After talking with the representative for an hour, I agreed to add on "Marketing Plan One" Endorsements. The plan made sense, and I agreed to it, about $3, 000.00. But after realizing they had scammed me on the original package I Emailed to cancel the Marketing Plan One. Too late. They had already taken a down payment, $900.00. I immediately closed my account to prevent them from taking any more money. It gets even worse. They sent me what they considered the "published edition", I assumed for my final review, which is traditional in the industry, however, it was full of errors and the cover was outrageous with dark red print over glossy black paper making it impossible to read. The back cover was worse. Again blood red lettering over black, and the print size was like 7, instead of 12, impossible to read without very strong glasses. None of this had shown in the Gallies which I did approve. They were perfectly readable. So I immediately stopped publication and sent in a request for the necessary revisions. All hell broke loose.Problem after problem, too many to enumerate here. Bottom line, three months later still no book. I'm talking to my attorney and if they don't come through soon, I'm suing their crooked ### for everything I can throw at them.

Gerard Mignot Mar 23, 2016

After several phone calls and emails concerning the corrections of a few pages of my book I had no correspondences for two months with Xlibris. I paid in advance for my book to be printed. They send me a proof with very low resolution images and text out of the margins. I asked them to send me the corrections and high resolution of the images and since then nothing happened no phone calls, no emails for nearly two months.

gene mccann Jan 31, 2016

On my first book I received about $10 in royalties the book was published in 2012 on my second book because of my experience with ex-labor I decided to change walk there's the book was not even edited I am an author but I do not edit books the spelling was not even corrected because also spelling was incorrect was very dissatisfied with the experience of my first book and more dissatisfied with the second book even when it which printed I was extremely disappointed it is to bed I felt for their line I am a new author and I should have seen it coming

gene mccann Jan 31, 2016

The royalties I have received my first book amounted to about $10 on my second book they did not edit it appropriately I had to pay them $6000 on my first book and I almost spend $3000 on the next book after that after I receive their repetition another publisher coldly since I read there record of their failure I decided to somehow good part of my royalties I am sure since the first book was published in 2012 I think that I should have received more royalties than what I've stated above

• Wa
    Wannasue Dec 27, 2015

I have reported Xlibris Publishing to the Federal Gov. for computer fraud. They have high-jacked my computer and copied-deleted my documents and images. These are workers who are selfish, and I do not know if the company is aware of these two shysters but I must sue. Is there someone out there who can help me? Call [protected] and ask for Yvonne

gene mccann Aug 27, 2015

I have just found out about this and I have trusted
    Xlibris They have published two books so much for trust
    I am out $3000, .00 +++++++++++
    what a fool i was

michael brophy Jul 28, 2015

hi my name is Michael Brophy from Ireland i am so glad i have read all your comments i have been in contact with a selling agent from Xlibris in the uk she goes by the name of Rogie Pierce i had been on line and i thought i had contacted a publishing company and i left my e-mail and my phone number. The next day i was contacted by this woman Rogie Pierce by phone her english was ok but not great she spent at least 45 minutes on the phone telling me about how Xlibris would publish my book got me to explain what my book was about told me the price for the best package was nearly three thousand pounds i told her to put everything into an e-mail which she did and i have to say i was impressed with the e-mail and excited to think my book would be published as a first time publisher.
    She contacted me the next day and she seemed a bit pushy telling me i need to move fast with the book as the printing time was four months and to have the book printed and ready for sale for Christmas purchases was very important i told her i needed time to think.
    she phoned every day for about a week and i did not answer her calls until yesterday monday 27/07/2015 she again was very pressing about the time and i should pay and get started i then told her i could not afford the amount she told me to hold on the line and she would talk to her manager she came back with anew price of 899 pounds a big drop from the first price but told me if i did not make a payment to her by card there and then she would not be able to offer me the same deal again she also wanted my home address for them to send the copies of the completed books.
    at that point i told her that i had not agreed to her proposal and why should i give my address to her and i did not have my credit card on me she again put me on hold to talk to her manager she came back and told me that she would hold the deal until today.
    i am so glad i smelled a rat that i decided to go on line today and see if they are scammers they wont be getting any money from me she will be phoning me today and if anyone of you people know how colourfull an Irishman, s language can be when pissed of well that is what Rogie Pierce is going to be getting today.
    The sad thing is for all the writers out there that have had books published and not received anything something should be done as this so called company is making millions over the years from this scam.
    Whoever came up with this idea its obviously above the law they have the company and if anyone complains they just say that the persons book is not selling and its not there fault.
    i would like to thank all the people who put up there comments as they have saved me from being scammed and if anyone of you know a proper publishing house please e-mail me at [email protected] thanks again michael brophy

• Ab
    Abraham Mathebe Dec 29, 2014

I published a book with Xlibris in 2010 and still did not receive a royalty!
    I am a South African citizen who has fallen in love with writing, I always wanted to have an international publisher who would assist me live my dream and publish as many scripts as I could, so little I had known that the publisher I chose would create my demise before I even started with my work. I paid over 5000 English pounds for the executive package and later paid more money for other promotional program which did not materialize as promised. I feel so bad about this given the amount of money I paid converted from my SA currency to theirs. I did not listen when I was warned by the department of arts and culture in my own country, I was very persuasive and took all the money I have been saving for this work, I am however writing few poems that will be included in the anthology of verse to be published in SA. I cannot believe they are still expecting me to put more money for their so called promotional programs. hahahahahahahahahhhhh! I learnt a hard way, I hope that one day just will be served.

marchie Nov 24, 2014

I did consider Xlibris, and then after speaking with a rep decided to do my own research and agreed to speak with the rep later in the week. This rep did seem too agreeable about my work which he had not read; he did however encourage me to choose the least expensive package to "get started." He added that if I just wanted to spend the money, I could choose a more expensive package. He also said the he was forwarding the contract details for me to read while I contemplated going forward with Xlibris. I never received the email. I also could not locate the reps name on the Xlibris website---the address the rep gave to me. Then I could not locate the books of the two authors that the rep said he had helped. I extensively searched to no avail and amazon, the company of which Xlibris says their authors' works automatically goes, says they have no knowledge of said work that I was inquiring about. I would say this is not a stable place to go to, to get your work out there. Good luck to authors who must sue. It can be beneficial to read reviews/complaints.

Disgruntled with Xlibris Nov 06, 2014

I have not been paid my royalties for 18 months. Every time I talk with them about it, they say there's nothing they can do. They are blaming the postal service for losing 8 cheques! Really? All of my other mail makes it to me just fine but apparently money that is owed to me by Xlibris can't seem to find its way into my mail box. They are the worst company ever so please do NOT take your business to them.

Mickeydraca Mar 15, 2014

I just wrote full text explaining myself on how they ripped me of for $8000 it hasn't gone through it disappeared!! They are thiefs and liars! If anybody else wants to join Kred2 and me leave a note on my blog please www.mickeydraca.blogspot.com

Mickeydraca Mar 14, 2014

Gary Wayne Thomas,
    I understand you completely. I've been writing since I was 12 and my soul is in it. I am also visual artist which they made fun of by taking$8000. In last two weeks I have been talking to them everyday just to get confusing answers on my q about sales and royalties page. Some would tell me that report is done for the last two quarters some would say report hasn't been done. It shows no sales to the last two quarters while I'm sure I have sold some books. Last night I had Don Garliado trying to convince me to give him another $8000 for putting my book on baker and Taylor's website as he is absolutely sure that my book is so good that it would attract book investors around the world. When I said I haven't sold a single book since last two quarters he persisted in convincing me I don't know how to do business. He just wanted more money.
    Let's stop this disgraceful harassment and mental abuse. Let's get together and sue them. They are liars and thiefs!

They have access to my email address if you want to join the battle post me on mickeydraca.blogspot.com