www.Ask.comhomepage petulance!

D

I sometimes do upgrades for people and some are not computer literate. When they use ask.com, it continues to attempt making themselves the computers home page. They don't know how to remove it and I feel too embarrassed to charge someone for 5 secs. Of configuration. These sites do this knowing that some people aren't able to lose them. It's costs people lots of money. Not fair to the consumer.

John Jay Jul 16, 2008

I'm not sure I understand the complaint. I've never seen this on Ask.com. I'm more annoyed at software I try to install that is completely unrelated to search engines (such as Adobe or Real Player, I think) trying to install a Google toolbar. Isn't their monopoly big enough without this cooercive technique? installing Google toolbar is the default, which most people accept.

• St
    steve garber May 07, 2019

I no longer need this service. I have submitted a form a while back to terminate this.
    I would like to end this service as of today 5/2/19
    Please stop billing my account automaticly if I 'am not using your service anymore.
    Thanks
    Steve Garber

• Er
    Erika Steck Jun 12, 2019

I don't know what this is I never signed up for this JustAsk.com and I'm being charged $46/month??
    I want this cancelled and any money charged to my credit card refunded. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Erika Steck
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Dl
    DLC3030 Jun 17, 2019

I am just trying to warn other people so they don't fall for their illegal activities.

James K Langlois Feb 01, 2020

They have a membership with cancellation within 7 days. I joined on the 15th and called 7 days later on the 22nd to cancel. They charged me $50 on the 22nd saying it was 8 days from the 15th because they count the 15th as the first day. They would not let me talk to a manager, nor would they give me my refund. What a rip-off.