Worldmark By Wyndhamwas singing for a 1750.00 contract was charged 23,000.00

M

I was lured by a free prize, after an exhausting 5 person high pressure sale I thought I was signing a contract for a 1700.00 vacation, instead it was 23, 000.00. Under federal law I sent a termination of the contract, they refused to accept the us post office sent envelope, I need help bad!

John Smith Sep 17, 2008

You need to call Conusmer Advocate. They are helping me with Wyndham and it is taking awhile.

• Je
    Jessica Oct 09, 2008

I am looking to begin a class action lawsuit against Trendwest/Worldmark by Wyndham for their dishonesty during signing. I was told by two members of the sales team that I would be able to cancel my membership at any time. I remember this clearly because I asked them repeatedly if this was true. I explained that if something happened to my income, that this would be the first luxury to go. They agreed and told me that that was the beauty of the program. He explained that any money I had already paid would unfortunately be lost at time of termination, but that I would have the right to cancel membership at any time.

I have been harassed, threatened, and lied to by Trendwest/Worldmark by Wyndham. They told me that I "WILL be sent to collections", "they WILL get their money", and that they "will not stop calling". I am underwater financially at this time.

Trendwest/Worldmark by Wyndham needs to be stopped. They are making a killing by lying to customers. Nobody in their right mind would sign a timeshare contract knowing they could not cancel if need be. This is ridiculous- HEEEEEEEELP!!!

sam Oct 16, 2008

Yep - I strongly agree. I bought about 6 months ago. Im very unhappy. We are not paying all sorts of fees and charges that were not part of the original agreement. Please keep me updated on your progress, Im happy to help out if need be. Regards.
    Sam
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Je
    jessica Oct 26, 2008

I just went to a presentation at wyndham resorts and felt extremely pressered it has only been 4 days can anyone tell me about the cancellation policie and how to cancel it if at all possible .

• Ro
    Robert Nov 17, 2008

For all of you that are complaining about the timeshare that you purchased you need to read the fine print. I too have been to these timeshare presentation and have seen these contracts. Everything is there including the cancellation procedures. I swear there needs to be an aptitude test before these people sign a contract.

• Bo
    bonnie Mar 02, 2009

MY HUSBAND AND I BOUGHT INTO TRENDWEST/WORLDMARK BY WYNDHAM ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO, AND THEY EXPLAINED
    THE CONTRACT, THE MAINTENANCE DUES, RCI DUES (AND FREE WEEK) TO US VERY WELL. OUR PRESENTATION WAS AT RANCHO VISTOSO OUT SIDE OF TUCSON, AZ AND WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL SO MAYBE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS USE DIFFERENT SALES TACTICS. WE HAVE USED THE RESORT IN CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO (VERY BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN, FRIENDLY SATFF!), USED RESORT IN INDIO, CA. ALSO VERY VERY NICE! USED THE FREE RCI WEEK IN BRANSON, MO. AT A FAIRFIELD INN AND HAD A GREAT STAY!
    ALSO ANYTIME YOU DO AN ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT IT IS ALWAYS GOING TO COST ADDITIONAL MONEY AND IF YOU READ THE RCI MANUAL IT STATES THAT.
    IF YOU LIKE TO VACATION AND DO IT ON A BUDGET THIS IS A PRETTY GOOD DEAL IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, AND BY GOING TO THE OWNER EDUCATION CLASSES WE HAVE LEARNED A LOT! SO IF YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE VACATION OWNERSHIP I SUGGEST YOU TAKE SOME OWNER EDUCATION CLASSES AND PUT IT TO GOOD USE GET OUT THERE AND HAVE SOME FUN! AFTER VISITING A FEW RESORTS YOU MITE HAVE A BETTER EXPERIENCE.
    IF YOU HAVE CREDITS GETTING READY TO EXPIRE (GOOD FOR 2 YEARS) YOU CAN BANK THEM WITH RCI FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS! THE CLASSES CAN REALLY TEACH YOU ALOT THEY ARE LISTED IN THE DESTINATIONS MAGAZINE AROUND PAGE 6.
    I MYSELF WOULD LIKE TO BUY MORE CREDITS DUE TO THE FACT WE BOUGHT THE SMALLEST PACKAGE AVAILABLE DUE TO OUR FINANCES, BUT YET COME VACATION TIME IT SURE IS A SAVINGS ON THE WALLET!
    BON

• Wh
    WhyILeftVegas Mar 11, 2009

Bonnie, you're a bot, a stooge for the company. This place is a scam. I haven't even paid my deposit yet, how can they actually expect to send me to collections? I technically don't own anything. And they excused the fact that I don't even make the required amount at sign-up, told me I could cancel at anytime and all that same false info they apparently have told others. I could care less if they keep the whopping 200 bucks I gave them, I want nothing to do with this company, nor will I help support a company that is this desperate to destroy people.

KHW May 18, 2009

have you had any luck at? i am also wanting to join or start a class action suit against them. i feel as if have exhausted all means that i have with out hiring an attorney myself. i have filed a claim with the bbb, ftc, and my states department of justice. i have just received an email from the bbb saying they have exhausted any resources to me and can not ask worldmark by wyndham to respond any further. this is a crazy mess.

Andrea Jun 06, 2009

I also have the same problem, they said I could cancel anytime and because I was explaining to them that I didn't really have enough income in the first place but they persuaded me that if I couldn't pay I could cancel. So I signed up and now they wouldn't let me cancel my membership. I didn't know that there is another payment of 10, 000 or more payments to make. So I haven't payed last months bill and they keep calling me to make a payment. I looked at the fine print but the procedures to cancel the membership was to late for me. It says 7 days after I initialized my membership. I want to get a lawyer and cancel this crap, if not then I have to sell it. But who would by it from me.

KHW Jun 08, 2009

We "Wyndham and myself" have come a mutual agreement to part ways and they are refunding all money paid and canceling my contract as if it never happened. You can and need to press the issue.

File complaints with the Better Business Bureau, FTC, and your states Department of Justice Comsumer Affairs. Be persistant!

Do NOT take no an answer.

Good luck and don't let them get you down.

KHW Jun 08, 2009

To BONNIE:

Aptitude test, give me a break. You probably work for them and are a hater. Wait til it happens to you. It is so wrong to take advantage of people.

9 times out of 10 you need an attorney or some sort of legal counsel to look over these type of agreements.

Definition of a HATER for you Bonnie:

A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.
    Susan: You know, Kevin from accounting is doing very well. He just bought a house in a very nice part of town.

Jane (hater): If he is doing so well why does he drive that '89 Taurus?
    www.urbandictionary.com

• Ka
    KAK Jun 10, 2009

KHW,

I was on this site researching an issue a friend has with another vacation ownership company and decided to see what people have to say about Worldmark. I've been an owner for about 10 years and have been very happy with my purchase. I assumed that most people were like me and didn't expect to see many, if any, complaints.

I found it interesting to read people's comments about their experience with Worldmark. I'm sorry that you haven't all had the same positive travel experiences that I have. Anyway, I'm not writing to convince you that the program is wonderful. I just want to point out however that you seem to think that Bonnie made the comment about an aptitude test. I believe that was actually Robert. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe the name of the person making a comment on this site appears before the text. I hope Bonnie doesn't read the comments anymore since they haven't been very nice.

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue. I wish you the best.

KAK

KHW Jun 12, 2009

I am super glad to hear that people are having a good experience. What happened to me and the stress and harassment that came with it no one should have to endure.

I did realize after posting that the aptitude comment was from Robert. And had a software issue preventing me from updating it.

• Di
    Disgusted in WA Jul 28, 2009

Ten years ago I bought into the Worldmark hype, and slowly increased by credits to 22, 000. I put this in a loan and over the years I still owe almost $21, 000. (Worldmark gave loans to people who would not be able to get a loan elsewhere for a higher interest rate). The maintenance fees are $1, 200 a year on top of the monthly payment. Now with the economy, I decided to sell, only to find out that the marketing sales rep's inflated the value by 45% and now I am lucky if I can get $.60 a credit out of $2.20 per credit! I know I am not the only person in this boat, because just got a letter from Worldmark Sales Team offering to sell my timeshare to try to cover the cost of the loan balance. BUT, if the don't get the balance, I still owe the difference and have nothing to show after 10 years of ownership! What I believed was an investment for my children has turned out to be an utter scam!

AMP

• Sh
    shortyellowbus Sep 02, 2009

So none of these problems are about you trying to get something for free and then finding out that you got what you paid for? Do you normally sign your name not knowing what you are getting into? Everything is always someone elses fault and not your own. Let's face it. You wanted something for free (whether it be a free gift or free "trial" accomodations) and then you turn around and found out that you have to pay like EVERYBODY else. I love you idiots. I buy your uneducated mistakes for a fraction of what you paid and make a killing. Way to research what you buy before actually buying it. It's not what is true. It is what you can prove.

• Ci
    cindy's proud Oct 11, 2009

I have been an owner since 2003, and love it. Maybe you should have read your contract better. I have had a great experience with them. Always clean, always friendly. I've had them call, but never have they been rude. I've yet to meet anyone at the sites who are guests that have been unhappy. Once we had people above up with children running constantly and they made several attempts to quiet them. It wasn't even their fault and they gave me a free 3 night stay at any of their resorts, without my asking. I'm a happy owner, just wanted to let others know.

jakejj995 Dec 26, 2009

dont any of you people check this stuff on the internet first.. you can find a lot of good info about timeshare and how to avoid the rip offs on sites like www.tug2.net

as you can see there are a lot of unhappy customers and there are a lot of happy one as well.. timeshare is a game and you have to kinda know the rules to have a good time.

Wyndham points are for sale on ebay for sometime less than a penny a point.

One last thing to always remember: When a timeshare sales persons mouth is open they are likely telling you something that is not completely TRUE../ all that matter is whats on the contract.. not what "THEY" told you.

• Li
    Librarian Jan 05, 2010

D.T. I have been a Worldmark Owner since 2003 and have been very satisfied, units available, when a unit is not available, they will call if they have an unexpected opening. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company. Remember, READ BEFORE YOU SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE!

• Wo
    wouldmark happy owner Jan 06, 2010

i have been an owner for 5 years now. Have had small issues at almost all the resorts i have been too (las vages, seaside, reno, eagle crest, K-falls) but none that were extremly bad, just minor issues. the one that stads out is K-fall 2008 we planed a trip there for my birthday weekend 4 weeks before we were gonna go we got a letter from the resort sayin that the pool was gonna be closing the day we were gonna be going home. ok no biggy rite i we went anyway. got there thay closed it 2 days early BIG PROBLEM that was one of the big reasons we went there was for the pool and spa. I complained to the resort thay offers me a jacuzzy sweet ok problem ok. i then called owere services and thay refunded my $$$ back that i payed for the room, gave me what i would have used in credit had i used them and gave me a free house keeeping token. I would say it is safe to say that thay went way above what i thought thay would do way above what i would have ever asked them to do. im a Worldmark owner for life. I love it. I must say i really thought i waisted my $$$ tell i took the owner ed class wow what a diffrence that made the company basicly tells you what thay dont want you to know as to how to maximize you ownership. besides that i have pride of ownership with worldmark, i own a part of the company not just a room in a resort for 1 or 2 weeks a year... AND NO I DONT WORK FOR WORLDMARK I WAS NOT PAID TO PUT THIS ON THIS WEB PAGE.

• Mc
    mcillwane Jan 21, 2010

I was employed in both the telemarketing center run by Trendwest and the vacation planning center run by WorldMark. I can attest via personal experience that the employees in the telemarketing centers are under a constant pressure to make appointments for sales sessions, and consequently have no idea about the perpetual lack of availability which is the reality of ownership (booking in advance however, at least one year during vacation periods was the only option). Their job is to do anything possible to insure that they make the minimum number of appointments required to retain their job. In regards to the vacation planning center, all employee's, from the moment they step out of the 5 weeks of training to learn the myriad of organization rules, realize that bonus time for the popular resorts, usually those located within 2 hours drive of urban centers, is impossible to get over the weekends. There are many fee's associated with membership, for example... housekeeping fees which at the time [protected]) around $50 per reservation (including combined reservations to compensate for lack of availability), guest use fees (around $100 at the end of 2009), high maintenance fee's etc. etc. It became evident over the year's with Trendwest that the owner's were being misled by a clever and unscrupulous sales team backed by a an encyclopedia of rules and regulations which makes use of ownership time consuming and difficult.
    Aside from individuals who are unemployed or retired, finding availability at WorldMark resorts during the high season, all year at Monterrey for example, is very difficult and does not at all reflect what is described during the sales pitch. In short, Trendwest is not a company built on the high moral standards their doctrines purport.
    FYI, I was employeed at Trendwest during the early to mid 2000's, I came accross this website and wanted to share my experience with the company.

• Re
    renecw May 24, 2010

I have been a owner for over 10 years, have enjoyed all the different resorts I have been too, (at least 10, some several times)do agree that avaiablity isn't allways what I would wish for, but last minutes deals any place can at times be diffcult to find. this is a luxry in these hard times, but not one I wold be willing to let go,

• Fr
    Frustrated in Idaho Jul 30, 2010

WorldMark by Wyndham is the biggest scam I've ever run across. The lying sales staff will do whatever it takes to get you to sign -- even withholding copies of some of the contract paper so you don't know what you've signed up for until long after the three-day rescission period. I don't know what organization some of the people above are talking about, but it sure isn't the same one I stupidly signed on with.

I hope they all burn in hell.

• Ms
    MSimmons8 Aug 18, 2010

You all have, "buyers remorse." I don't work for Wyndham, but I am self-employeed at a commission based job. These people are salesman, MOST salesman put pressure on you, thats there job and thats how they make money. Don't blame them for you NOT reading the contract. Your ignorance is your worst enemy. Thats like blaming a car dealership because the car you bought had problems, because you were too cheap and lazy and to have the car look at by a mechanic. Its not their fault you caved and bought and now have buyer's remorse. Not EVERY business WalMart return policy, don't expect them to have 90-day return policy or they would be out of busniess. You people need to learn how businesses make money. Everyone is to sheltered with getting their money back and not owning up to the decisions they make. Get a backbone, because NO ONE forced you to sign those contracts.

• Di
    dixon Utah Aug 22, 2012

I have been an owner for beter part of 7 years, I have enjoyed all the vacations I have had. I wil lagree that finding availability to some resorts are a nightmare, while others are open all year round. I feel I was dooped into buying this as well, great sales people I will say. I have tried to sell my membership and of course no one in their right mind will pay what I owe, since you can get them cheaper on ebay. Just suck it up and find a way to keep it paid, or don't pay it. In the meantime take advantage of it and book a few nights, might change your mind it did in a way with me. I only wish they would get rid or the monthly maintence bill or at least lower it, since they are making their money off us in the loans.

• Kn
    KnAHow Jan 31, 2016

WorldMark by Wyndham Travelshare is the worst...We signed up thinking it would force us to take vacations, that was their sales pitch to us. We never seem to have the time or money to travel and the way it was put to us, sounded good. Told we could cancel anytime, would be able to roll over our credits and borrow more if needed, use for cruises, air fare, car fare, endless vacation spots. All sounded good till we tried to book our so called free trip that cost us $50.00. We were unable to book, no rooms available then found that there were not many rooms we could book for future travel because of the credits we purchased were not enough, needed to buy more (only smart thing we did was not buy more) We tried to cancel our contract we were told we had ten days but after digging out the contract it was only 7 days. They told us that we were stuck because we signed a legal binding contract. That was the only thing that was true about the whole thing. There were five associates in the signing room and it was all done with doc-u-sign a digital system where you just click to sign. I told them that the contract was not in our legal names but nicknames, thinking that was a way out, no because the intent was there we were told. So we are stuck with two payments that includes a never ending maintenance dues (it should be rip off fees) Why should you pay maintenance fees on something you are not using?. Anyway, hoping someone reads this and really looks at their contract, especially for time frames on canceling. Anyone out there starting a class action suit?

• Rt
    rtrie Mar 10, 2016

Owner for 20 years. All this company cares about is high pressure sales. The only thing I am thankful for is that my credits are paid off. Now I just get to watch my dues, cleaning fees, and any other charges sky rocket at a Rate much higher than standard inflation.

They have not sent me a timely billings and when I do get one its late fees attached. I just received a call from a collection agency stating that Worldmark sent my account to them. I never even received a bill, call, or an email. Scam Scam Scam... There customer service is horrible! Am I an owner and deserves a little more respect since I pay them and not the other way around.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices