Complaints & Reviews

bait and switch sale of timeshare

We were sold a time share for in excess of $18, 000 using a classical bait and switch technique. We purchased...

travelshare

My family and I were recently on vacation in Anaheim. We were lured into going to a sales presentation by a...

selling contract

Buyer beware !!! Like many people I fell for the sales pitch, then divorce and other hardships came my way...

time share scam

ATTENTION Wyndham is fraud! Please read my story! I purchased a time share through Wyndham, July of 2009. It...

timeshare

HELP!!! PLEASE ANYBODY THAT CAN HELP ME GET RID OF THIS STUPID TIMESHARE THAT I HAVE NEVER USED. I JUST WANT OUT!

• Pa
    Paula ferreira Jun 04, 2010

I need help what should I do t get my money back.Two years ago in Mexico we got this vacation package from Royal Holiday where they promises us best deals in hotels, air line tickets at a cheap price but of course it just a big scame, I call themher in America and in Mexico but they say I can get my money back, because I did sign a contract, contract say I just have tree day to change my mine .I never use this" amazinf package" because I allways get better deals unlined .I also call my credit car but they can do anything and now what! I just have to say goodye to $ 3000. All the time when I think about that I just want to cry.

• Ad
    Adrianna Fiore Sep 20, 2010

Hello this is Adrianna Fiore with www.exclusivesales.com

Thank you Angela for the recommendation.

I just wanted to clarify that we do charge a fee for advertising your time share property.

We are a full marketing company and advertise in many ways.

You can call me with questions

1-877-343-0311 EXT: 426

Aimee S Jan 13, 2015

I am so sorry. I feel the same way as you. My dad has it and the cost he has paid we could be staying at the Four Seasons every month. I think it is going to take an attorney and who knows if that will even work!!!

scam

My fiancee and I were stopped by some representatives from WorldMark at the Puyallup Fair in Washington State...

worldmark by wyndham

I have an Experience account which costs $1600.00. $900.00 is already paid off. One phone representative told me I can get out of it, but I won't get my $900.00 back. That's fine. I just don't want to pay the other $700.00! Now they're telling me I signed a contract, and I can write a letter to Mr. Jones and only if it is financial hardship, will he consider my letter. He considers each letter on a case by case basis. I was told to call another number which was "higher up". I called that number and none of the options fit. When I select one, "We're sorry - that number did not go through. Please try again." I am so sorry I let the 4 sales people I had to go thru before I could leave the building talk me into this!!! I can't look at my account online, or book anything online because it's an "Experience" account. For that amount of money, they can do better! Boy have I learned a lesson.

c2dela Nov 23, 2009

I had purchased into worldmark myself about 4 years ago. I was told at the time of signing that I could cancel my contract if I was unsatisfied. A couple of days after my purchase I tried to book a vacation to try and se how it would work out. Tha places I tried to book were all pretty much booked for the next 3 months. So I called the numbers provided to me in the nice little green owners briefcase they had given me. I found out that day this was going to be impossible to cancel so I went to the office I had signed out of and they wouldn't help me cancel. They gave me instructions on how to request my cancellation and since I was five days into the contract, I only had 2 days left to cancel. At this point I wrote them an e-mail through the contact us link on thier website, Told them of my situation and that I did not like what I had purchased and requested a cancellation of contract.

Two weeks later I got a response saying that because the 7 days had already past I am no longer able to cancel my contract, a couple days later I recieved notice of payment due. I decided since not to pay and hoped It would all just go away since they have never collected from me and I did not plan on using thier service anyways. After four months my credit had plumetted due to them reporting and hurt my career in the military because I had a security clearance required for my job, I went under review due to the tarnish on my credit. So I made the back payments and since then have not fallen behind even with dues and fees that come about.

I feel for all those who where lied too, during this presentation. In a way we were suckered to believe we could cancel, when in reality they do not tell you how many days you have from the time you sign. They do not make any of this clear during thier presentation and sales pitch. They don't tell you about the limit for roolover on credits and how they actually work. They sold me a basic package that I will be paying on for about 8 more years now until it's paid in full.

I decided to pay for the contract in hopes that I would be able to sale and get out of it. I made 4 attempts in the past 3 years and have always ended up owing a large balance if I sold and would have to pay up for the balance in advance before it could be sold. So I say to all those who are interested look else where you will find the same thing for less from a time share reseller, and be able to stay away from a contract to if you are interested in credits alone... buyer beware!

Aimee S Jan 13, 2015

I am so sorry. This place should be taken down by the state attorney general.

other fraud complaints

Don't forget to search for Wyndham's other scams under Fairfield, TrendWest, etc. (I actually liked them many years ago when I worked for some honest folks and believed in the product I was selling). I have email addresses and links if your interested in getting even.

shortyellowbus Sep 11, 2009

Everytime I go to a Worldmark resort it appears fully booked. Therefore, there must be thousands of people who understood what they were getting into and the VERY SMALL minority on this board who didn't? Where the people on this board born yesterday? Worldmark/timeshares are NOT a new concept.

So none of these problems are about you trying to get something for free and then finding out that you got what you paid for? Do you normally sign your name not knowing what you are getting into? Everything is always someone elses fault and not your own. Let's face it. You wanted something for free (whether it be a free gift or free "trial" accomodations) and then you turn around and found out that you have to pay like EVERYBODY else. I love you idiots. I buy your uneducated mistakes for a fraction of what you paid and make a killing. Way to research what you buy before actually buying it. It's not what is true. It is what you can prove.

changeagent Nov 01, 2010

First, let's try make the all the contract information transparent, open, and honest so the buyer may make a more informed buying decisons. Secondly, le'ts really make a more consertive effort to address the concerns of the timeshare owners. Thirdly, let's strive to communicate with timeshare owners, during the sales process, more openly, honestly, and provide much more comprehensive details. Finally, let's address concerns before they become problems and escalate to the point where we are loosing our valued customers. I don't work for the oranization but I'm sure we can do a much better job.

Let me ask a few questions:
    What can we do now to resolve your concerns?
    What would you recommend we do better?
    Would you recommend buying a timeshare with Wynham? why or why not?

• If the sales process were more open and honest then no one in there right mind would buy one! Trust me when I tell you that these sales people are very well trained at what they do. What they get away with is just this side of organized crime! If you feel that you just have to go and pick up that free gift then you had better be prepared. If the sales person or closer sees an opportunity they will take it without any consideration of ethics or what kind of a burden it will place on you! They usually have about a $1000 commission on the line and they will tell you anything just for the sale! Just say NO! and when your 90 minute presentation is up, simply stand up and say we are finished, where is my gift! Save yourself the grief, don't go to a presentation and certainly don't buy one! You can rent timeshares all day long for very cheap prices with no maintenance fee!

Aimee S Jan 18, 2015

Short yellow bus. Hmmmm. Why do they never have rooms available??? I read they had CA State Attorney General up their you know what for overselling when they didn't have condos/units available for what they sold. That is like selling 50 ice cream cones a month when you only have 10 available. What a fraud. How come the state attorney General is still allowing this!?????!!!

Aimee S Jan 18, 2015

And short yellow bus. I know you used to ride the short yellow bus but please look at your spelling of where next time you want to call people names...my dad is elderly and got suckered into this fraud and I am trying to be sure I in no way shape, or form am going to have to inherit this piece of scam fraud

scam

Back in July of 2007 one of my sons and I went to Las Vegas on a so called vacation we won, yet we had to pay nearly three hundred dollars up front for what was suppose to be an upgrade to a nicer hotel and the taxes. When we got there we were put up in Circus Circus which was far from what we were told we would be getting in the upgrade. We tolerated the trip, We at least had a fair experience from it. However while we were there I was asked to attend a presentation for WorldMark the Club. I went to the presentation and saw their program, at least what I was told was their program. I was suppose to recieve a hundred dollars for attending. I told them I was not interested at that time as money was tight and I had a son serving in Iraq at the time. They told me I could get a trial membership that I could use at a resort one mile from Disneyland as we told them that was where we vacationed. They took a total of $995.02 from us in payments over a six month period of time. We only had 18 months to use it. When I went to book the vacation during the time we could go and the time they told us there would be no problem with when we were in Las Vegas, we were told the property was not open yet which we had been told would be by Febuary of that year and the closest we could stay was at Ocenaside Harbor This was in September, we were also told if we did not use the vacation and/or if we did not attend another sales presentation we would have to pay another $100.00. So I booked us into Oceanside Harbor and we had to pay another $38.00 for some fee they had. We were told it was a nice condominium and that everything we needed was there and that we would have a maid service. First off: the condo was so in need of repair it was not funny (I have pictures and even sent copies to WorldMark of closets off hinges, ect.). Second: most of the much needed basics were missing from the unit. Third: it was highly infested with spiders that blended into the carpet unitl they jumped on us. Fourth: it was over an hour drive each way each day in good traffic to get to Disneyland. After staying there I was so badly covered in spider bites, and worn out from all the driving just to get to Disneyland it ruined our vacation. I told the person I had to meet with at Ocenaside about all the problems with their program the room and the lies used to get my money and I put it in a letter to them. He said they had no control over what happens in Nevada where the first sales presentation took place, and as for the spider bites it was because we were near the ocean. Going back, Also at the presentation in Las Vegas when I took the trial membership the lady there said if we did not choose to join after staying in a vacation condo and I attended the sales presentation I would get all my money reurned to me. That never happened either. I have written WorldMark numerous times. I have pictures of the shoty closets in the condo and of the some of the multiple spider bites I recieved from spiders while staying there. I sent them pictures through e-mail which there automated responder responded to recieveing. I want my money back from them, Who knows how many other World Mark the Club locations have done simunilar presentaitons and taken money under these same circumstances from other people (hopefully not the case). WorldMark is based out of Redmond Washington. I currently live in Federal Way, Washington however I am moving to California next month. I am so frustrated with them, and the fact that they said it was a program special for my family when they tricked me into believing them saying it was because I was part of a military family when I was in Las Vegas. They were smooth talkers and takers and I was taken. just want my money back and an appology before I leave Washington next month. WorldMark has taken advantage of my family and me and we could have for the same amount we paid them had a longer vacation in a first class hotel less than a mile from Disneyalnd as I get special rates at some of the finer hotels like Hyatt and Hilton and Embassy Suites. The trip at Oceanside which was horrible and a nighmare for us and the accomodations very oposite from what I was shown in Vegas and told I would get anywhere in their program averaged out to just over $165.00 a night to stay there when broken down into actual nights, I can get into Hyatt or Hilton for $90 a night and I get room service and maid service, neither was the case at Oceanside Harbor, we had to make our own beds and clean our own rooms, ect. it was not a vacation at all. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE AND THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, (or have not attempted to so far). THEY TOOK OUR MONEY AND SEEM NOT TO CARE. THEY LIED TO US AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF US IN A HORRIBLE WAY. THEY OWE US OUR MONEY BACK AND AN APPOLOGY. TAHT IS ALL WE HAVE EVER ASKED FROM THEM. This is the truth, nothing has been made up, I have witness's to this. I hope this is an isolated incident which can happen in business, and I hope they show they care about us. WorldMark do the right thing and lets close this matter.

• Ka
    Katie Dearman Aug 25, 2016

They have been applying all of the extra principal after they add on the intrest. And sometimes they don't subtract the extra principle until I make the next months payment. I made a payment of 10000.00 and the intrest amount doesn't change. There paper work they sent me shows they raised my intrest and began charging me a monthly fee when I requested a statement so I could keep track of what they were doing.When I made my first payment late December of 2010 they began calling me at my house and my work harrassing me I explained That I would pay as soon as I had the money.. But they continued the harrasing calls. I requested that they don't call vea e- mail and they still harrassed me . They told me I wouldn't get the vacation time I had booked. When you try to book a vacation they never have the time avaiable. I need to know how to make them accountable. We upgraded in April of 2009 and have been unable to book a vaction seens then. Even with a years advansted notice. They said we sold our original time back to them, but we have know knowledge of that until we got a break down finally in 2/18/11. Please help me

'legal' scammers

Purchased a Vacation Getaway they wouldn't let me use or refund!

Telemarketer called saying we were eligible for a vacation deal because we had just stayed at one of their hotels - the only catch: go to a 2 hour presentation. Talked me into 'purchasing' a 3 night stay even though I mentioned we were in the middle of a move... "no problem, plenty of time to use it". When I finally called they said it expired and would not refund or let me book a vacation. Not even to sit through their hard-sell time-share pitch? They seem to be scamming you before they even try to scam you.
Will not even stay at their hotels now I know about their shoddy business practices and that I go on their telemarketing call lists: Boycotting: Days Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, Super 8, Howard Johnson, WYNDHAM, etc; and anything associated with TRENDWEST.

• Bc
    bcanada9 Feb 17, 2014

Totally agree and their Travel Share program is the worst part of the scam. They promised I could get various locations without any problem to include Hawaii and West Coast resorts. Totally false. I have tried booking reservations 3-6 months out and every location I requested was "sold out" or not available. I'm looking for a lawyer to sue for breach of contract and will join in a class action law suit if one is already initiated.

• Zc
    ZCowboy Dec 02, 2017

@bcanada9 I am not sure if a 3 year old link is still alive, but they (Worldmark) are continuing with their promises, now they are breaking off availability and using those units, promised to credit holders, as rental units whereby removing the availability from our pool of options.

• Kn
    KnA Jan 12, 2016

Totally Agree, They are the worst! We were lied to during our presentation and the contract that they had us sign was docusign ( click here, click there and you are done.). They kept distracting us the whole signing process and before we knew it we were the proud owners of Travelshare. They opened a Paypal account on our behalf and took a $6500 upfront payment that they claimed would be interest free for 3 months. With all the flowery thoughts of wonderful vacations and memories we would have, we bought in hook line and sinker. We never knew that there would be maintenance fees that would never end even if you paid in full they keep going and increase every year. We never received our so called FREE trip that cost us $50.00 to Hawaii. We never have taken a vacation but have to pay because we are past our cancellation date. If they told us we had 7 days to review and cancel maybe we would have looked harder at what we signed up for. This has been a financial nightmare for us and only wish there was a class action suit available to sign up on because I would. Beyond the money it's the deceptive practice. I am so ashamed I have never told any family member I feel like such a complete fool.

• Be
    Beasua75 Feb 08, 2018

Please message me with how to contact you guys. I too have issues with these people. We need to do something about this.

phone harrassment

My 16 year old son signed up to win a trip at a local mall. This company has called several times for him and when I explain that he is a minor they try to sell me their bogus vacation packages. When I decline and ask to be taken off their list I get yelled at by the operators and I usually hang up on them. A week or two later I get another phone call and the whole thing starts over again. Today I told the operator "Shannon" that I was not interested and he might as well take me off his list. THis time I explained that I was on the do not call registry and I would be filing a complaint with my attornet general if I received another call. "Shannon" started yelling at me and told me he would keep calling until I changed my mind. I hung up. He called back 2 minutes later and I didn't answer. He called back 2 minutes after that and I didn't answer. Now i really have grounds for a complaint. Consumers beware! If it sounds too good to be true it is! Stop encouraging these ###s to call us.

• Lv
    LVRobert Feb 05, 2010

WorldMark NEVER runs any promotions of the type you described. The division works only with owners of time share property. There is simply no possible way ANY division ran a mall promotion and then called you- you have another company confused with WorldMark.

• Ca
    caseyforemandie Feb 13, 2011

After you tell them you're on the DO NOT CALL LIST, they can be fined $1000 for every violating call they make. Break out a recorder, record their messages, turn them in and let them know you are doing it. As for Wynless not soliciting vacations, I've seen them do everything else. And believe SALES people sell their soul.

Resolved false advertising to sell & running my credit card without written authorization

Can anyone help. They totally lied to us and we are way beyond any recession period.

When we where sold this "ownership" by ____, I was told that by buying right then I would get bonus time and that bonus time would cost $30 or $40 a night, no more then $40. Never was it explained until 4/8/09 that it's based on a color schedule of some sort. I called in to see about staying in Seattle for a Saturday & Sunday under the understanding that it would be no more then $40 a night. I was quoted $201.00, no where near what I was told when I signed up and guaranteed.

I have also had huge issues with billing. I made every payment on time through my agreed times and dates. For my November & December payments I made arrangements with Justin a rep in the pending department to split the normal payment in to payments of $100.00 each, pushing my main start date for my loan out one month.

January 14, 2009 I phoned in to make my payment with Justin and also because I closed the account that I had an auto payment setup with a WAMU MasterCard. At that time I asked him to cancel it because I had closed the account and told him I would continue to call in my payments. He assured me that was fine and it was canceled.

On 2/13/09 I phoned in a payment and spoke with a rep named Jan Brown. After making my payment as scheduled I informed her that I would be calling in to make the last payment of the down payment as scheduled for March 10, 2009. She started calling me about a week later saying that my payment was late. I again assured her as I had before the payment would be made on time as I previously stated. After that she continually called harassing me saying that I needed to call her before this went to outside collections. I was not late. She said she had made multiple attempts to phone me. I called her back again after the last threatening call and left a message that said she should make a note, write it down, or do something to remind herself of our previous 2 conversations because she was harassing me and it was uncalled for, because I was not late!

I called in my last down payment with Justin on 3-9-09 and was told everything was good and that I would make my regular payments from now on. He asked me when would be a good time to have my payments due, because I could pick a due date I told him the 10th of every month. I then received a letter dated March 21st stating I was past due on my contract payment. My husband phoned in and was told it was in error and was apologized to. Then I later called in to find out how I would be able to access an online payment system and was told by billing that she could not talk to me and I had to call the pending department. So I then called the pending department again and spoke with a rep named Eric who apologized and told me everything was fine and my payments where not starting until 5/10/09, because the arrangement for November and December had pushed the start date out an extra month. I thought everything was fine then I started getting calls from an automated system saying I needed to call in and make a payment over the phone.

4/8/09 I phoned in and spoke with a woman who said there was no reason for me to have been called by collections. She said I would not become past due until 4/10/09 and a late fee of $10.00 would not be assessed until 4/20/09. I tried to explain to her what I was told by Eric and why I couldn't understand the conflicting dates I have been given. She told me it's all over your account that there due starting 4/10/09. She said she called around to see why I was told what I was told and she said that someone had not noted the account and what I was told did not matter. I told her that was fine there was no problem with me making the payment; I had the money to pay it. I just wanted to get everything clear. I told her that I would be sending in a payment via my bank’s online bill payment that day for both my loan payment and dues payment. I ended the call by hanging up the phone on her.

On 4/10/09 I saw that a payment was pending to come out of my account. I immediately called my bank and was told it was from WorldMark by Wyndham for $183.63. I did not at any time authorize an auto payment to be setup again. The only time the card was used was when I called I payments on 1/14/09, 2/13/09, and 3/9/09 and every time I used a Visa, totally different account, I said it was a one time payment. I called in and spoke with a female rep who said that they did in fact have my signature on file for the auto payment. I asked to speak with her manager because that was untrue there was never authorization for auto payment. Gary Hughes got on the phone and said after reviewing the account he could see there was in fact like I stated no authorization for that card to be debited. He tried to say that someone must have updated the card information when I called in my payments. He then asked me to fax him a letter again stating that I wanted to auto pay canceled and that he would get the money refunded back into my account. My husband phoned in 4/13/09 to make sure the money was being reversed back into my account and he was told that the fax was not received. I again faxed in the first letter, the fax time log showing it went through, and another letter stating there was no authorization and auto pay was to have been canceled in January.

4/15/09 I called again to verify the fax had been received and the money was being sent back to my account. I rep Darrnel confirmed receipt of the fax 4/13/09. I had to walk him through the whole thing again. He stated that to have debited my card without consent would be illegal. I told him I think that I must have made the rep on 4/8/09 mad and out of spite she ran my card that was retained in their system without my permission. The information should have not have been retained period. He printed out the form that I also have an original of for the auto pay that was set up on the WAMU MasterCard. He apologized and got his manager to go over it and agree that it should have not been done and was getting it immediately refunded to my account. He again asked me to fax another letter stating auto pay should have been canceled for a third time. I agreed and said I will fax another letter along with the others on 4/17/09.

I have called into speak with the manager Dylon from the Vancouver Washington WorldMark by Wyndham left a message and he returned my call. I asked if I could call him back because I did not have all the information in front of me to go over with him and gave him a brief description of the problem of the sale. He said he would call me back, I called and left a message and have not heard back from him. I then filed a claim with the BBB and the Oregon Attorney General’s Consumer Complaint Dept.

First off I feel that I was taken advantage of and mislead and sold something based on false information by the sales staff. And then my bank account was charged without authorization. I think that with all that has transpired it would be considered a breach of contract and cause for the agreement to be voided and all monies paid to be returned.

I would really appreciate your help in getting this resolved. Thank you for time and help.

AnnaShyenFong Sep 01, 2009

I am in the same situation as you. I believe of what you have written above. Who can help me either? I am appreciate if someone can get rid of my ownership. It is a nightmare for me if I still keep this ownership. I'm waiting for your feedbacks.

c2dela Nov 23, 2009

I decided to pay for the contract in hopes that I would be able to sale and get out of it. I made 4 attempts in the past 3 years and have always ended up owing a large balance if I sold and would have to pay up for the balance in advance before it could be sold. So I say to all those who are interested look else where... you will find the same thing for less from a time share reseller, and be able to stay away from a contract to if you are interested in credits alone... buyer beware!

• Fr
    Freewillie Feb 03, 2011

We purchased our 6, 000 units at the Leavenworth, WA off with promises of being able to enjoy our choices almost always everytime we chose. So far we are able to get the dates we want once eveny six or seven tries. Even booking one year our doesn't work. Worlkmark is the worst wasting use of my money iI have ever invested. And we have been unable to see for the last three years using our buy in price not the current price.

Resolved scam / false promises

Beware of worldmark of wyndam it is a scam. They do not want their product back because it is not worth what...

Resolved lying on contract.

This company lied to us about the availability on units at the time of presentation. As well they we were told we could write off the interest on the loan on our taxes which is completely false. We have fallen behind on payments due to unexpected medical bills. I tried to contact them before we fell behind to try and figure out a way to fix or defer theses payments. I was treated rudely and told they can not help me until the account is 60 days past due. So I let it go 60 days past due. They called 6-7 times per day and left only one message, which to me is telephonic harassment. If they are going to call and leave a message, one a day is enough. If their stupid auto-dailer is going to call 6-7 times a day then they should be able to stop the calling after they leave their message. They knowingly made my phone ring without leaving a message. Then we are offered a deal in which they would sell our account and remove it from our credit history, so we faxed in everything and received a letter stating they are still trying to sell it, so we did nothing. We then get a letter from a collections agency stating we owe $10, 000 plus. I tried to contact Worldmark directly and they refused to speak to me, so I have contacted the collections agency for the original information we had signed. I will gladly join any class action suit against this horrible lying company.

shortyellowbus Sep 11, 2009

• Sm
    smithcj97 Oct 29, 2010

It really sucks to hear about the problems that people have had with Worldmark. I've been a member with them for over 4 years and actually worked for them for about 6 months as a salesman (I'm now working for the government for much more money ha ha).

I wound up leaving the Worldmark job because i was being "too honest". Not that they were lieing, but they just didn't want us to give too much information, otherwise your guy/girl would spook and not want it. I would give people the worst case scenario when it came to things like trying to make reservations, etc. I just don't like withholding information that would be detrimental to their enjoyment of the product. I really do enjoy the resorts!

That, and I am of the mindset that if someone tells me they can't afford it, then I leave it at that and thank them for their time. Every person is different, they know more about their finances than I do...and I'm sorry, but I'm not going to try and convince someone who just old me they can't afford it otherwise just because I want to make a sale. If they can't afford it, I'm not going to shove it down their throats.

Granted, there are "professionals" who go to these things for the gifts, but those are few and far between. Far better to be honest and do good business so you can keep customers, right?

When I joined, I was lucky in that the guy that sold me mine was straight up and honest about it. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Believe it or not, they are legit...I've stayed in two of their resorts (San Diego and Orlando) and plan on staying in their Vegas one in early November. Unfortunately, there are those in the company whose demeanor give it a bad name. I can tell you as a person who not only owns but used to work for the company, it is a legit establishment.

Just be careful when you go to the presentations. Stick to your guns if you can't afford it, but also don't automatically dismiss it because of other people's behavior. I'm sure the other complaints on here are legit, but please just keep in mind that that isn't the entire company.

If you can work it out financially to get this product, then I do highly recommend it. Just do what is right for you.

Resolved bad service

Back in July of 2007 one of my sons and I went to Las Vegas on a so called vacation we won, yet we had to pay nearly three hundred dollars up front for what was suppose to be an upgrade to a nicer hotel and the taxes. When we got there we were put up in Circus Circus which was far from what we were told we would be getting in the upgrade. We tolerated the trip, We at least had a fair experience from it. However while we were there I was asked to attend a presentation for WorldMark the Club. I went to the presentation and saw their program, at least what I was told was their program. I was suppose to recieve a hundred dollars for attending. I told them I was not interested at that time as money was tight and I had a son serving in Iraq at the time. They told me I could get a trial membership that I could use at a resort one mile from Disneyland as we told them that was where we vacationed. They took a total of $995.02 from us in payments over a six month period of time. We only had 18 months to use it. When I went to book the vacation during the time we could go and the time they told us there would be no problem with when we were in Las Vegas, we were told the property was not open yet which we had been told would be by Febuary of that year and the closest we could stay was at Ocenaside Harbor This was in September, we were also told if we did not use the vacation and-or if we did not attend another sales presentation we would have to pay another $100.00. So I booked us into Oceanside Harbor and we had to pay another $38.00 for some fee they had. We were told it was a nice condominium and that everything we needed was there and that we would have a maid service. First off: the condo was so in need of repair it was not funny (I have pictures and even sent copies to WorldMark of closets off hinges, ect.). Second: most of the much needed basics were missing from the unit. Third: it was highly infested with spiders that blended into the carpet unitl they jumped on us. Fourth: it was over an hour drive each way each day in good traffic to get to Disneyland. After staying there I was so badly covered in spider bites, and worn out from all the driving just to get to Disneyland it ruined our vacation. I told the person I had to meet with at Ocenaside about all the problems with their program the room and the lies used to get my money and I put it in a letter to them. He said they had no control over what happens in Nevada where the first sales presentation took place, and as for the spider bites it was because we were near the ocean. Going back, Also at the presentation in Las Vegas when I took the trial membership the lady there said if we did not choose to join after staying in a vacation condo and I attended the sales presentation I would get all my money reurned to me. That never happened either. I have written WorldMark numerous times. I have pictures of the shoty closets in the condo and of the some of the multiple spider bites I recieved from spiders while staying there. I sent them pictures through e-mail which there automated responder responded to recieveing. I want my money back from them, Who knows how many other World Mark the Club locations have done simunilar presentaitons and taken money under these same circumstances from other people (hopefully not the case). WorldMark is based out of Redmond Washington. I currently live in Federal Way, Washington however I am moving to California next month. I am so frustrated with them, and the fact that they said it was a program special for my family when they tricked me into believing them saying it was because I was part of a military family when I was in Las Vegas. They were smooth talkers and takers and I was taken. just want my money back and an appology before I leave Washington next month. WorldMark has taken advantage of my family and me and we could have for the same amount we paid them had a longer vacation in a first class hotel less than a mile from Disneyalnd as I get special rates at some of the finer hotels like Hyatt and Hilton and Embassy Suites. The trip at Oceanside which was horrible and a nighmare for us and the accomodations very oposite from what I was shown in Vegas and told I would get anywhere in their program averaged out to just over $165.00 a night to stay there when broken down into actual nights, I can get into Hyatt or Hilton for $90 a night and I get room service and maid service, neither was the case at Oceanside Harbor, we had to make our own beds and clean our own rooms, ect. it was not a vacation at all. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE AND THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, (or have not attempted to so far). THEY TOOK OUR MONEY AND SEEM NOT TO CARE. THEY LIED TO US AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF US IN A HORRIBLE WAY. THEY OWE US OUR MONEY BACK AND AN APPOLOGY. TAHT IS ALL WE HAVE EVER ASKED FROM THEM. This is the truth, nothing has been made up, I have witness's to this. I hope this is an isolated incident which can happen in business, and I hope they show they care about us. WorldMark do the right thing and lets close this matter.

• Pa
    Padron Family Nov 09, 2013

We have been owners for years, just recently we vacationed in Seaside OR where we were tricked into "upgrading" buying an additional 5, 000 points & in return given vouchers for "free weeks" in Cabo (as I mentioned my daughter wanted her senior trip there) also promises to "assist in booking" lies, lies, lies. I went to FINALY book myself after leaving messages & receiving no call backs.. Just to find out the vouchers are not being accepted @ this facility. & they currently had no rooms through RCI @ this time which is why we "upgraded" ... Frustrating. I've called several times & a lady responded via email...they blew smoke up my @ss telling me everything I wanted to hear... I wish I could get rid of it now... Did they ever respond, I contacted an attorney but I guess it's more of small claims court ...

• Co
    constance888 Feb 19, 2017

February 19, 2017 I just got off the phone with Worldmark The Club...3 transfers to people who are very sweet but unable to help in any way. After almost an hour the last person told me to go to the website and click on the 'contact us' ... he suggested I email them a complaint ... and that it was the best I could do. They just took 20, 000 points from us with out contacting us that they were expiring. I asked why I did not get the automatic robo " It's your anniversary and you have points that will expire on the 30th "email alerting me that the points were going to expire... I have always gotten this email alert like clockwork for years... I asked why I had not gotten the reminder that I have always depended on and was told "they do not do that any more", , , , The corporate attitude of World Mark is perceived as Greedy and Unethical because of their voracious appetite for more members but the lack of customer care & service to their current members. I have had so many unacknowledged or responded to issues that we just accept it... interestingly it is very profitable for them to take points away from us and put other people on them... it benefits them in every way "

Sharon22sad Jul 19, 2018

I have been an owner since the company was called Trendwest. At that time it was going to be a small privately owned company that had a board made up of actual owners. I was told I needed to "upgrade" to have enough points to go to better locations. Then I had to upgrade (buy more credits) to have a second "housekeeping" fee or I would have to pay 150 dollars even if I only stayed for one day.
    I made the mistake of buying 6000 credits and using their payment plan. I was never told that I would be paying 19 percent interest so making the basic payment tripled the amount I paid. I could never get a balance statement from them. Just when I thought I was about to make my last payment I was encouraged to buy just 6000 more credits so I wouldn't lose any benefits. Jump to just now. I got a new statement on the most recent purchase. The interest charged on minimum payments gives me a balance of order 63 THOUSAND dollars. I am 71 years old, living on social security and I will NEVER be able to pay off the loan. So the wonderful idea of "leaving" this timeshare to my family comes with a huge debt for them. How is it possible to pay 400 dollars a month for over 20 years and still owe more than I originally spent? How do these people sleep at night?

Resolved money

I just recently started up a Website with "World Market systems" and they said I could start making money fast. I called my coach to help me get set up, he started listing all of these options that I could us through them, I thought that it sounded good, then I got a weird gut feeling and guess what I was right. They wanted me to get my credit card and they would call it for me to see how much money I had available. The bottom line is I am not happy with how they took advantage of me and I would like all of the money that I put into this back as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Heather
P.S. I would like you to email me back and tell me what you are going to do about this.

false promises in sales pitch

I made it clear during the sales pitch that my wife and I weren't interested in their vacation plans for the near future but might be in 5-10 years when our grandchildren were old enough to enjoy them. Was told that you could carry unused points over so we could have enough for a "super vacation" when the family was old enough. This part is my fault: I should have read the contract more closely. In spite of what we were told, there was a clause that we initialed (and I didn't understand, apparently) that said points could only be carried over for three years. I didn't actually learn about this clause until a representative called me to try to sell me additional "points." When I realized that we had not received the product we thought we were buying, I asked if we could either be allowed to use the points the way we were promised we could or get a refund. Their response was that they had our initials on the contract and our money so we are stuck. This, in spite of all their claims of being committed to customer satisfaction. Apparently what they did to us is perfectly legal but that does not mean it was right or ethical. Sadly - Bill

• Vd
    vdub Jul 21, 2009

I wish we would have researched Wyndham on websites like this prior to signing our contract. Like Bill, we were told numerous things during the sales presentation that turned out to be false. We we also told that points could be carried over "forever, " which is not true. By the time we discovered it 3 weeks later, it was too late to cancel our contract. We're in the process of filing complaints and have written numerous letters requesting cancellation, but I'm sure it will be no use. And now we're stuck with a contract that we're extremely unhappy with and don't want to use.

To anyone considering purchasing through WorldMark, READ THE FINE PRINT!!! I guarantee you'll find many things in the written contract that will differ from what you were told during the sales presentation.

• Cl
    claret Sep 30, 2009

They lied to us too. They told us that we would get super discounts in tickets and hotels all over the world, not only their resorts or their hotels, any one all over. We NEVER had any cheaper ticket or any cheaper night in hotels. NEVER. They sold something that simply does NOT exist. We went to some trips after buying worldmark program and always tried through them first. They were always UNABLE to get us better deals and we ended up buying directly from the airlines companies and directly from the hotels. They have to cancel our contracts due to misrepresentation. File a complain wit BBB. Everybody!!!
    Claret

• Rl
    R.L. Doughty Oct 19, 2009

Both the persons at their "brainwashing" initial presentation lied to us. They responded to my direct question "If our conditions should change, can we cancell the contract" by saying "Of course, but nobody does that since you can sell the contract and recover most of your previous investment." When our conditions did change (Job loss, health expenses etc.) I contacted them and they said they could not assist in contract sales. I contacted two time share liquidation companies listed on the internet and was told that WorldMark/Windham contracts are virtually worthless and can only be sold for less than 10 cents on the dollar. When I called them back, they said that's tough and your contract does not allow for cancellation. I sent them a detailed letter describing our financial situation and informing them that we ere unilaterally cancelling and would make no further payments. That was six months ago and the phone calls continue 5 or 6 time a day.every day.
    Dick

fraudulant incentives

Read this before you purchase a Timeshare with Worldmark by Wyndham. We were promised many things the night...

mis reprentation

I signed up and was mis lead on three different things. First: I was told that I could rent out the spaces I had just purchased and this of course is untrue. Second: I was told that there would be no credit card in my name, this turned up to be a lie as well. I actualy called the fraud department because I believed my identity had been stolen. Third: I was told that I wouldn't have any interest rates and later found out they had me in under a 12.99 interest rate. OUTGRAGEOUS! I also looked up the regulation codes for the cover pages of contracts in WA and this company did not adhere to the format that is required.

• Da
    Darryl Partin Nov 17, 2008

I have owned Worldmark for years and am completely satisfied. I completely disagree with your statement on renting out the properties because it can be done relatively easily. Several of my friends have rented my properties from me in the past. As for the credit card in your name. I applied for a credit card in my name to assist me with the down payment and it sounds as if you did the same. This is a very short form that was fully disclosed to me. This card had a temporary period with 0% interest. As for the interest charged on the contract. This too was fully disclosed in writing and one of the first purchase documents you signed. It was explained to me twice that this contract has no prepay penalty. It sounds as if you were not paying very close attention or at least not reading the documents you were signing. It also sounds like you have not used your Worldmark ownership because if you had I doubt you would be complaining. Congratulations on purchasing a timeshare product that actually works and is very satisfying to own. I have used it 18 times in four years and have even sent my son on his honeymoon! Do yourself a favor, take a vacation and really see the good you've done for yourself.

• Kb
    KBennett May 31, 2009

I agree. We love WORLDMARK! My cousin introduced us to it several years ago and we bought into it. We use it several times a year. Bonus time, inventory specials and credits. We take family with us. My husband and I go by ourselves for romantic getaways--which are great! A two to three star hotel costs a lot more than we spend per night and we don't have the option of our own kitchen and BBQ. These resorts are top rate! We get 5 star all the way! Nothing was misrepresented to us and we know the cost. Our family will benefit from this for EVER! It is passed down for generations and what a wonderful gift we can give to our children and grandchildren. Fun and relaxation at little cost to them! Quarterly Dues and Sometimes Housekeeping> No Big deal! We treat ourselves to some type of luxury getaway even if it is only a quick 2 day, at least 3 times a year. Thanks to our Worldmark benefits. Last year we met with cousins and spent spent 5 days in the 4Bdr Presidential suite in Indio California. It was awesome! We pooled our credits and 8 of us had a relaxing, luxurious, 5 day blast! Thank you, Worldmark!

was singing for a 1750.00 contract was charged 23,000.00

I was lured by a free prize, after an exhausting 5 person high pressure sale I thought I was signing a...