World Educational Serviceseducation verification

S

I needed to get verification for my education in Colombia. In order to get the documents they required I had to travel to Colombia. The Ministry of Education in Colombia simply does not do business by mail of FAX.
All original documents were delivered to WES. Then they told me that they need to confirm with the organizations in Colombia! My university confirmed but, of course the Ministry of Education has never replied to them.
Their customer service people are not helpful, the wait times to talk to someone are always more than 20 minutes. They encourage you to email them but never respond to email.
There must be some way to get this done.
Feeling very frustrated.

Maria19 Jun 22, 2012

Anger does not even begin to describe how I feel about this fraudulent company! No evaluation was completed even though I've paid for the service in full.Their terms and conditions are not clear as well as their application process. Made multiple unsuccessful attempts to contact someone else besides customer representative. Managers are never available to talk or discuss any issues that you might have with them and in order for you to phone call to be answered you have to wait on the phone 20 to 30 minutes every time you call. Customer representatives are rude and careless so as the company itself.DO NOT send any of original paperwork to them under any circumstances-you wont see back! Try to avoid the services of this company at all costs!

• Ca
    cairo-tehran Feb 20, 2010

They did even worst to me. they charged me complete fee for evaluation of my degrees. i sent them my university degrees 3 goddamn time with the most correct address and most reliable mailing sources but son of ### replied me they never got my degrees. now i am begging them to atleast evaluate my high school degrees which they already have.. but they are pretending to be like deaf people. they never replied to me nor gave back my money.

• Iv
    IvSt Feb 01, 2010

Yeah, I have very bad expirience with them too. NEVER USE WORLD EDUCATION SERVICES!!!

jan220 Nov 24, 2009

So sorry you went through this. i'm trying to get my money back right now. What a nightmare. The NY Better Business Bureau has handled 129 complaints about WES in just 3 months, and for any business what makes it to the BBB is the tip of the iceburg.

They are a "Nonprofit" raking in $10m+ per year on this credentials business. Their CEO gets about $250k. They look pretty for profit to me.

If anyone else is having problems you might get a resolution by complaining to the Better Business Bureau who seem to have resolved some of the complaints:

(check out WES's BBB file here:
    http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/educational-consultants/world-education-services-inc-in-new-york-ny-9023/ )

also complain here to New York Attorney General Charities Division;

You can also post a review of them as a charity on the GuideStar database which is an important nonprofit reference, taken seriously by funders and nonprofit researchers:

AnaChris Sep 14, 2009

I also had my evaluation done by WES and they misled my evaluation by 30 credits. They don't tell us what standards they use in order to evaluate the transcripts. I sent them back a copy of all my documents addressing the supervisor as they tell us to, but I never received an answer, neither a explanation nor a phone call or e-mail. They completely ignored all my attempts to communicate with them. I ended up paying again to have the same evaluation done by another institution. What stinks is that universities still use this service and think they are a reputable agency. My advice is to tell the university or programs you are trying to apply about the terrible service that WES provides. Show them the complaints and web sites that testify your arguments and ask them to review this agency. The American Dietetic Association told me to keep them inform about the liability of this institutions because they want to make sure they are directing people to a reliable agency. They are the ones who will investigate, but our job is to tell them as much as we can. It is WES responsibility to keep a good service other wise they should not be in business.

• Ad
    Adam Nov 18, 2008

I have to completely agree with this complaint! World Educational Services WES is one of the worst companies for credit evaluation. They simply try to take advantage of those who got their education out of North America. They have the worst customer service and a non refund policy which is a fraud, this company wants to steal people's money even if they do not deliver their service. Advice: stay away from this company and contact the Better Business Bureaus if they try to cheat you. The ministry of education in my country refuses to send any documents to this company through mail until the company send a formal letter requesting such documents which this terrible company is refusing to do. I cannot believe how any reputable college would recommend such disreputable company for degree evaluation, it is a shame. What a waste of money and time.

• Ra
    ramya Jul 23, 2008

that company is nust an dit's customer service is like hell.do u whether this company is fraud or not.

Maggie Lichaa Jan 29, 2008

I totally agree with Sonia. I'm having the same problem with them now. I have been trying to contact them through phone, they never answer. I tried the e-mail and it is the same story. Those people are unbelievable, they charge lot of money for copies of the evaluation and their costumer service is totally unacceptable.