WoodSprings Suitesmanager attitude, roach infestation, dangerous "handyman" fixes

D Jun 24, 2019

I am in San Antonio, I-35 N location, room 307.

I have been in this room for about a month. I have had roaches for 3 of those weeks. Management claims they have sprayed my room 3 times, yet I am still seeing roaches on a daily basis. I say "claims" because I have asked several times, and even spoke to him personally one of those, to be informed of what is happening. I have been told nothing. He never bothered to call me back like he said he would. Therefore, I spent my own money and took time this weekend to clean, move everything, and spray the place myself, as I have never had to live in these conditions even when I have stayed in third world countries.

When I moved into this place, I had to scrub down the floors 6 (yes, that is six) different times to get the grime and filth removed from the floor enough so my feet would stop turning black from walking on it. This is why I left a note on my door asking the housekeeping staff to not clean as it is my preference to do so. I do not want the filth from all these other rooms smeared across my floor by a dirty mop.

To add to my frustration, the upstairs guests from me started stomping and banging furniture around at 10 last night. A few min after 10, my entire clothing rack came crashing down. The manager rudely tells me that it is about weight not the rumbling coming from upstairs. I then inform him of my cleaning and roach spraying fiasco over the weekend where I took things down and removed even more weight from the rack, thus could not be due to too much weight, but he wanted to place the blame on me. Meanwhile he is not listening to the fact that I had to get back out of bed a little after 10 last night, move and untangle all my clothes from the floor formerly crawling with roaches, and they are now piled on top of a suitcase on my bed making it difficult to get to the clothes I do need. I have rather expensive, felt-covered hangers, several of which are now broken in this event.

This manager, "Will" I believe, has terrible people management skills, does not care about anything I have done or have had to do to take care of anything in this place myself. I clearly am upset and just want to know that someone cares and is going to fix the problems. He said to me, "Why don't you just leave! You and your smart mouth!" (This was just now - a few min after 9 here) I don't know how he got this job, but that is not how you handle distressed customers. And, believe me, if I could afford to move again, as I cannot physically do the moving myself due to back problems and must pay movers, I would be gone. Today. Unfortunately, I only have a few weeks until my apartment will be ready and must wait to pay movers for that move instead so I am stuck here. Additionally, when I do move, does anyone care that I have to go through every single thing I own, take all my clothes to the cleaners (which will be quite a large cleaning bill), and search every bag and box to be sure I don't take this filthy roach problem with me to my new home? This all takes time and a lot of work. Time like that does not grow on trees any more than does money. Money is what I am paying for this place. I would like to be compensated a week's stay here, which is only a few hundred dollars and won't even begin to cover my dry cleaning bill, for all this trouble and the work I have had and will have to do because of the conditions here.

The below pictures are of the fallen rack with all my clothes down and just one of dozens of roaches I have had to contend with for the past month. I would have more pictures, but I have a life and don't feel that photographing roaches to show people how nasty this place is should have to occur, but maybe I should start.

I expect to hear something from someone about this matter - today. My number is [protected]. When I don't hear something today, I will begin calling your corporate number tomorrow. When I don't get a response after leaving a message for whomever it is I need to speak with, like I was made to do last week and told I would be called back and never was, I will start calling every hour until I get answers and a resolution with which we can all be satisfied.

L J Johnson

Wow, and just as I was about to hit "submit", the fire alarm goes off for about 10 seconds here. What in the hell is going on in this place? Some of us have serious PTSD and all I can do is shake and try not to vomit now. I would not be surprised if that was a ploy to annoy me after the incident with the manager just a few minutes ago.

manager attitude, roach infestation, dangerous "handyman" fixes
manager attitude, roach infestation, dangerous "handyman" fixes

• Updated by DrLJ · Jun 24, 2019

These fools actually bent the failed supports back up and just set the shelf back in. Do they honestly think it isn't going to just fall again when I hang my clothes back up or place things back on the shelf? This CLEARLY needs new supports and possibly a third one added to the end. How ignorant do you really have to be not to see this? I mean, really?

I have photos to add, but this site is about as bad as the service at this "hotel" I am in.