Wishwish wants me to send in bank statements, photo i. ds and other personal information

K Review updated:

I refuse to send wish in anything of my personal information . It's risky and I've already had many issues of ordering and not recieved my items. Everything was fine and all of. Sudden tonight they want personal information from me . Absolutely not so now it won't let me do no activity on there unless I send in this personal confidential information that my bank refuse to let me even release.

• Y
      Dec 07, 2016

I send all information to them 3 times and my account still blocked. I e-mailed to the company and they said that they cannot remove block at this time. No reason and no explanation. Account still blocked.

• D
      Dec 08, 2018

@yaltagirl1 I know me too but I dont have orobkem with Zulilly and I have ord Dr ed alit more from them dince Widh has me blocked. Screw them!! I have done this e times already with no response.

• B
      Feb 11, 2018

They wanted a copy of my bank statement so l blocked my account number. Now they want a picture ld They say they need to verify that it is me

• B
      Jun 26, 2018

I am also blocked they want bank account and photo ID from me. I order on line all the time no other company ask me nothing personal as that. My money is good, I am not asking them for a loan. Well they are not gonna get any more of my information. Good Bye Wish.com. I had got a little addicted, but I quit tougher habits, I quit smoking cigarettes.

• S
      Nov 28, 2018

made several purchases no issues then they want me to take a picture of my full drivers licence and says I have to do it to continue purchasing, so now i don't know if the products I have already been charged for will actually ship or not unless I take a picture of my valid licence.

• S
      Dec 05, 2018

I was also asked to send in a bank statement, I sent an email telling them that I didn't use a bank account for the purchase it was a credit card and I didn't get a response. After 5 days I sent another email telling them I would not give them a bank statement and if they aren't going to process my order, I wanted the credit card refunded and my account closed. My account is saying that they refunded, but my credit card statement is showing they double charged the order. I don't think I will be purchasing from them ever again. I'll stick to Ebay, Etsy, and Amazon, have never had issues like this on any other website.

•   Dec 05, 2018

Anything that wants your account information is not worth it. Never give your info on line.

• M
      Dec 27, 2018

They've also demanded my bank statement and ID. Not happening. Have they been hacked? It's hard to believe that the LA Lakers wear the Wish logo on their jerseys if this company really behaves so unethically.

• C
      Jan 17, 2019

@Mindy Fugarino Same thing happened with me. I shop online all the time. I am not sending my bank statement.

• P
      Jan 03, 2019

Amazon doesn't ask for any of this when ordering from them!

• D
      May 02, 2019

Same thing happened to me. I use a Pre-Paid credit card bought at Walmart so obviously no bank statement could be sent even if I wanted to, on top of this I had Just ordered about $60 worth of stuff and it now all says refunded but they didn't refund to my card and didn't give me wish cash so i'm out $60, and wasted 5 days sending 4 different emails. Im tempted to get a lawyer involved because I don't know this has to be illegal asking for personal Information like this and taking $60 and refusing to send my product.

Jun 11, 2019

Had the same thing happen to me tonight but I've just spent hundreds of dollars and I will not not give them my information. Idk what to do except call my prepaid company and see what they say

• T
      Jun 12, 2019

I’m trying to buy some stuff and they asked for my photo ID and screenshot of my cart! I even tried to sent it, but they keep asking for my photo ID and I even sent it, but nothing has happened.

• R
      Dec 01, 2019

@Thayene Natrielli I'm going through the samething right now and i dont know what to do because they double charged me for a watch and the other items are still on processing and i cant buy nothing else im pissed off i tried to give wish a call nobody wont pick up I need help before i open an investigation up with wish.com

• G
      Jul 16, 2019

I would suggest you not do what they ask. I have been online shopping for a long time and I have never been asked for personal information. I sent them a complaint telling them I will not send them my info and they wrote back asking for even more info. My credit/debit card number, ID, card statement with wish charges, etc..I will not be doing business with wish ever again.

Oct 03, 2019

Hi folks,

Same issue has happened me, blocked for no reason and I refuse to provide my bank statement. However after playing around inspecting the webpages (im a computer engineer) I noticed a loop hole to get passed the request for bank account..

Step one) Open wish in Chrome and shop away, when ready to pay, click 'view cart'

Step two) When in your cart right click with the mouse and then click "Inspect" - this will open the jsp source code ( you dont need to understand this so dont worry) - you will notice the webpage to have minimized

Step three) Scroll down on page (do not exit the inspect tools) and select 'checkout'

Step four) Continue to input payment details and submit order ( do not close the inspect tools )

Note: Just to be safe I would recommend testing with a small purchase first - having said that, i personally think this company is a joke and wouldnt support them however for those of you who still would like to use it, try the steps above

Oct 03, 2019

@Lem Murr EDIT for above - just minimize the window to less than half the width of the screen and it will work fine - no need to do inspect tools