Menu

WinCo Foods  -  Shocking incident at the self checkout

B
Author of the complaint
8:57 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Around 8:30pm on Tuesday 4/19/2022 I went to scan my items at the self checkout as usual (I go to this Winco frequently). Upon scanning the first item, the machine automatically said “unexpected item in bagging area” and “please remove item.” So I did. Then it instructed me to place item in “bagging area.” So I did that. But the machine still was not allowing me to continue. I then waited for an employee to come over. Nobody came over. So I moved my items to a different check out stall.

That is when the female employee pretty much verbally jumped me and started saying ‘No, no, no!” and “No sir.” I believed she wanted me to come back over to the original machine that I was at. But I was confused because of the way she was talking to me. I was not sure why she was basically verbally abusive toward me. She was a blonde female employee with glasses. Unfortunately I don’t remember her name.

She then gained access to the machine and rang up my four items for me then she said “Have a nice night” after I paid and as I was walking out. Sarcastic maybe? I don’t know but it sure felt like it.

Is this how Winco teaches their employees to speak to their customers? She could have said something like “I see it’s giving you some trouble here, let me help you” rather than yelling “No, no, no!” For no reason. The whole situation was upsetting and embarrassing for me.

More WinCo Foods complaints & reviews