WinCo Foodscustomer harrasment

Today in WinCo located at Pomona, CA, at 8:45pm, cashier in lane #4 (named Lisa) snatched from my Wife’s hands a Chinese lucky cookie’s bag and threw it under the cash register (do not know if it was the garbage) just because it did not have any bar code / price. A friend that was accompanying my Wife asked the Cashier if there was a problem and she answered “No I do not have a problem, do you have one?”, after that her behavior was very sarcastic and at the end when my Wife and friend where leaving, she shouted “Hey men, have a good night”.
After the incident, I complained to Wayne Weathers, the Store responsible at that time, who really did not care about it, he just said that he was going to talk with Lisa about it, when I asked him Lisa’s name, he said “I am not going to give you all store employees names”. I saw that I was not going to get anything from him, so I decided to write a letter of complain to Hector Salas, the Store Manager, let’s see what happens.
My Wife is 6 month pregnant and really had a very bad experience.

• As
    Asmiley59 Jan 15, 2010

I have been disrespected in winco store before in Pomona CA its really funny knowing your going to work in a store that has many people coming in and out everyday and knowing from the start to have courtesy and good attitudes no matter what mood your in. That really bugs me maybe they should start putting in bold letters the part on the applications where it specifically asks you ARE YOU PEOPLE ORIENTED! I feel for your wife especially her knowing she was pregnant shame on LISA that is really to bad that some people do not take these types of situations seriously but do not let that happen to them they would have done the same. SHAME ON THEM. But please do not let this bug you there are still good people out there. I have never been disrespected at ALBERTSONS.

• Me
    Melissagibbs Jul 01, 2011

It's just some of the employees, like Barbara&Brittney to name a couple. I am a regular shopper at winco foods in pomona most of the employees are very helpful and courteous. Hazel is a very nice employee she always makes me smile with her positive attitude. Osiel* is a very nice young man too, very polite and helpful. Cesar is another good employee i always run into him all over the store weather he be my cashier or outside retrieving baskets or cleaning bathrooms. I tell all my friends about winco's reasonable prices and clean store. They don't take credit cards and sometimes are very busy, with many cashiers and long lines. To me that shows that they are a very good store with many customers. Bulk foods is amazing they got everything practically free! I can go on and on about my grocery store but you won't know until you see for yourself. I <3 Winco Foods!!!

• Jg
    Jgarner Aug 15, 2011

I use to be a regular shopper at the Pomona Winco, until this past Friday August 12, 2011. It was around 5:30pm I didn't get the cashiers name because she did not have a name badge on. Terminal # 6 very rude older lady, as my husband was unloading our basket, I asked the cashier where the shrimp fry was located, her reply" How should I know" I couldn't even respond, I was so shocked from her reply. She then asked my husband why he was shopping was out here if he lived in Moreno Valley. I lost it then. This lady was very very rude, she was upset because the manager has scheduled her to work the day she was suppose to take her daughter back to Fresno. Why should we have to hear all of her personal issues etc. It gets better, we get home to cook the large prawn shrimp and fish we bought, as I started cleaning the shrimp I noticed they had orange color puss like substance on them, I stopped cooking them and took a picture of the shrimp see below. The next morning, I went to look for my receipt to learn the rude cashier over charged us. I returned the bad shrimp, which smelled like death. The store manager was very helpful, until he forgot to give me back my DL, which I noticed was missing Sunday morning as I was at Chino Valley Medical where I had to take our daughter, whom woke up in the middle of the night with SEVERE Abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea. From eating the spoiled shrimp purchased. I will never buy so called fresh food at Winco again.

• Ci
    Circa 12 Nov 30, 2012

I am wondering why the cashier 'snatched' from your wife's hands the cookie bag and threw it under the cash register. Did she call for another employee to bring up a new one, since it didn't have a bar code? Was the cashier purposely being rude when she called your wife and her friend 'men' by SHOUTING to them? When the store MANAGER (not store 'responsible' as you call it) said he was going to talk to Lisa about it, why would you ask for her name? Am I missing something???? Didn't you already know it? Because it sure seems like you knew who to complain about and you not even being there at the time to acutally witness it. Or were you wanting cashier's last name too? Did your wife tell Lisa her full name, first and last? Just wondering since you seem to want cashier's entire full name.

I'm sorry, but this complaint just sounds like you are mad at this cashier, and that perhaps you know her in real life and for some reason are just trying and/or hoping to get her in trouble.

If I am wrong. I apologize.