Having problems with Wigs.com?

Wigs.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 22, 2009. The latest review Order wig 3 months ago and no wig. was posted on May 9, 2021. The latest complaint misleading language/ bad service was resolved on Apr 15, 2013. Wigs.com has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 21 reviews. Wigs.com has resolved 9 complaints.

Wigs.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Wigs.com Customer Service. Initial Wigs.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Wigs.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Wigs.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Wigs.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Wigs.com Complaints & Reviews

wigs.comOrder wig 3 months ago and no wig.

I order a wig 3 months ago and no wig. I would like to have the wig. the order is below-
Order historydisputed ordercancelled order
Sub-order no. item item price amount grand total order status operation
Order no.1328290time for placing the order : feb 07, 2021 4:44:52
$leimu_object. getstrremovetag ($!{order_detail. sputitle})
Lob one side part medium wave synthetic hair lace front cap wigs 14 inches

View details

Gail jagodzinska
[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

wigs.com8"body wave #18/24 100% human hair wig (clrbw4894)

On December 11, 2019, I ordered and paid for the above listed human hair wig, and never received it. I have made several attempts to call your company with out a a response, or the wig. This is the last time that I will contact you about my purchase from your company. I will contact pay pal, my bank credit card, and the Better Business Bureau for further assistance.
    Thank you for not ignoring this message.
    Jean Logan
    Florence Tollgate Place
    Building 13 - Unit 2
    Florence, N J United States
    order #W2019121140124864P

wigs.comdamaged delivery merchandise missing

I ordered 100.00 in merchandise on Jan 15, 2019. On Jan 26 my order was accidentally found in the street under a snowbank by the driveway.

There was no box, just a wig, broken Styrofoam wig head, scattered merchandise that I ordered. If my daughter was not shoveling snow the order would have remained until spring! Everything wet! Missing merchandise.
      I called Wigs.com today, Jan 28 to complain about the terrible delivery. I was told that the order was sent and I would have to contact the USPO, get a claim number, call then back with it and then the delivery would be reshipped. The statement said sent FedEx. I was told they ship to the city FedEx and then the PO delivers it.
      Very rude service rep as well as NO JOY.
      Buyer Beware!

wigs.comdelayed shipment/charge account when should have been credit.

I ordered two wigs from these people in late June/Early July. The wigs were back ordered-I received email from company stating they were not going to charge my account - WELL...guess what they did. They charged for one piece. I called and the representative promised to check on status of order and call me back - this NEVER happened. I received another email stating they were going to credit my account for $116.07- instead of credit they debited my account. I have ordered from these people for 7+ years and they could care less about taking care of their customers. The representative was indignant at best and obviously didn't give a rats behind if I ever ordered from them begin. Well guess what...and I will tell everyone I know and everyone I don't know about they horrible service and their inclination to take your money when they should not...where I come from-that's called theft.

wigs.com — return/refund

I returned a wig for refund via Fedex for prompt return. Wig was received on June 1. On the website they say...

wigs.combad service!

Do not order from these people! I ordered from these people on may 13th. They say 5-9 days standard shipping. I got only a partial order and charged full price. Nothing from them about the rest of my items. Backordered?? No idea. They don't respond to your emails. And the item I received looks nothing like the color on the website. It's so red and it had blonde in the pic. Its awful. Looks like carrot top. Buyer beware. I am prepared to just eat the rest of my money. I would probably go through hell trying to get a refund at this point. I have read the reviews and they are bad. Rightfully so. I won't bother even calling because i'm sure it'll just make me more mad. Never again. Lesson learned. Sad. I'm sure a lot of their customers have medical reasons for needing a wig too. Awful!

wigs.com — customer service

I ordered from wigs.com twice! Same problem both times! I ordered and paid extra shipping, as others have...

wigs.compurchase not received

Do not do business with this company! I bought an item and paid $266, including paying extra for 4-6 day shipping. It's a week later and I still have not received my product or even a shipping notification. I have tried emailing them several times, sent a Facebook message and tried calling only to find that they are always out of the office. They do not return messages! Starting to think I may never see my item or get my $266 back! All a scam!

wigs.comcharged me for product not delivered, only issued partial refund

Do not purchase from this company! They shipped a wig to me without providing me with any tracking or even updating the order status on their website from "processing, " and then UPS returned it to them, unopened, without leaving any notices at the delivery address - and then they had the gall to only refund 75% of the cost of the item.

I am currently pursuing a charge back with my bank to get my money back - I should not have to pay for their failure to properly ship items, and rest assured, I will never be purchasing from them again.

wigs.commoney were withdrawn, no product

Set up and account with user name and password. Purchased a wig, using my PayPal account. The money was withdrawn from my account. But, the wigs.com website got stuch and never completed the order. All of my information disappeared from their site. In fact, the wig appears to be still in the shopping cart and I'm asked to place my order. The money was sent to them. Are these people overseas? If so, I KNOW what I'm in for. WHEW!

wigs.combad service

This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a wig, 2 day express. the next day, I got confirmation it would be shipped. Two days later, I received an email saying it was on backorder, with no estimated date, but they will let me choos another color. I went to the site to do so, and ALL OF MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION WAS GONE!

I sent them an email saying this looked suspect. The sent me an automated email saying they in fact had the wig in stock, and I would receive it the next day. I called to cancel, and was told by a very rude person that she went through a lot of trouble to get my order shipped, and she would cancel it.

Needless to say, they had my charge "pending" with my bank for almost 2 weeks, so I couldnt cancel it. they kept sending conflicting emails, saying it was being delivered, then it was still out of stock. CRAZY! I checked back daily to see if the charge went through, and sure enough, they put it through at 1:12 a.m. a week later. I called my bank and told them HEALTH AND BEAUTY WIGS.COM IS A SCAM and they charged me back.

I got a call a couple of days ago from "UPS" saying someone signed for my package. I never signed for anything, and never saw a package. I called UPS, and they said nothing was delivered to me. These people are crazy.

Last but not least, I come home today, and there is another UPS notice on my door saying they tried to delliver from BEAUTY AND HAIR. I immediately called my back and cancelled my card. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES!

wigs.commisleading language/ bad service

You pretty much have to "borrow" a color ring because the photos DO NOT look like the actual wigs, not even close! If you don't fork over the $60, you'll end up loosing money in shipping for every exchange.

They only state a restock fee for returns, which to me, equates a refund, since an exchange doesn't create a product surplus, but they deduct 25% restock fee for exchanges too, which means every time you exchange, they tack on a few more dollars to your bill. (They give you a partial refund and then charge you again for the full amount). They never send you a new invoice, either on your account or to your email. This restock fee includes returning the color ring, eventhough the website tells you you will get back your deposit.

If you want to confirm a refund, you have to call to find out. Again, no invoice. So I called. It was immediately evident to me that the person I was talking to would rather not deal with me at all. Half the time she couldn't read my record straight and kept quoting my charges as different amounts. Then she couldn't explain to me why I wasn't getting back as much as I thought I should without getting frustrated and shutting down (and it didn't take much from me for that response). Thank God I didn't have a big issue to sort out. She couldn't handle it.

• Bg
                        b gd May 19, 2013

I purchased a wig April 2, 2013 from mail order with TWC. When I got the wig, it was a completely different one and color was wrong as well. I returned it the same day I purchased it and they had it until May 5th, not refunding my money and I sent three e mails asking for it back. I spent 42.95, I just got an e mail today saying they are crediting back 27.50 to my card. They did nothing about my complaint that it was not the wig advertised in the catalog and dismissed me as a pest. I feel I lost 15.45 that they have in their bank account as well as my purchase price in their bank account drawing interest and they only refund my27.50 th no apology for the wig they sent with the name of the style and color advertised in the catalog but not what I got. I cancelled all my correspondence with them and asked them to take me off their mailing list. They are a bunch of not nice people, think twice before you order from them . The pictures are gorgeous that they show but nine times out of ten they will have no resemblance to the picture. My advice, don't order from them . you get what you pay for. A 40 dollar wig is usually just that, A cheap wig. I buy my wigs now at a wig salon in Dallas that carefully helps you. This is so depressing to a person who needs to wear a wig and are already heart broken to have a problem with their hair with no chance of wearing their own hair again. They are hurting women who need the styles to give them a boost for their appearance. Shame on them Bea

wigs.comreturns

I placed a rather large order(over 150$) with Wigs.com in May of 2012 didn't revive my order till July 25th. When I got it, it was a completely wrong product than what I order, sent it back for a refund. I called them and they told me I couldn't revive my money back because it was not sent back within 10 days of the order date witch was back in May. Ridiculous!

• Do
                          do not order from them May 25, 2016

The issue is that I did not receive what I ordered and paid for.
                          Facts are: the sku # ptnb087 is being advertised as Remy Human Hair on "sale" for $137 what I received is synthetic. From the pictures you can clearly see these are 2 different wigs.
                          Therefore, I do not see offering me a discount on my next purchase is a solution.
                          Came back offering $10 refund

Comments
                          Comments

• Ka
                          Kat May 09, 2016

I have ordered a wig from www.wigs.com and the one I received was way darker than I expected. There was a big difference between what I saw on their website and what I really received. Contacted customer service and asked for an exchange and they said that was not possible and suggested me keeping the wig and offered $30 refund! Paid over $150 for the wig and was given only $30 back! What a joke! So I was actually stuck with a wig I could not even wear! Totally unprofessional!

• Sn
                          Snowberry May 31, 2012

I ordered two wigs and recieved them both packaged in the same box on May 23, 2012. I immediately knew that I had ordered an incorrect color for one of the wigs. I tried both on using the hygenic plastic liner and didn't like the color of either or the style of the other and the color. I called the company the same day, scheduled and exchange for the one and return for the other. I packed both as they were received and shopped the packages to arrive back at Beauty and Hair on May 29, 2012. On 5-31-12 I received an email saying that the wig I was returning was ineligible for refund. Called customer service and they said the wig was hard and sticky from hair spray. I absolutely did not use any product what so ever on that wig as I didn't even like the color. I have no way of knowing if Beauty and Hair are looking at the wrong return or if they are just trying to get of of a refund but I absolutely know that they are wrong.

wigs.compoor customer service

I placed an order with this company but when I discovered they were using UPS to ship the order I asked them to recall the order. They claim they tried but UPS did not comply? I also discovered t my dismay that the documentation was inappropriately completed and as a consequence I wound up paying more in customs, excise and VAT as customs had to guesstimate the cost of shipping based on the weight which was put down as 3 lbs for an item that was a little over 2 ozs and indicated as F)OB (free of board) implying shipping was not paid instead of indicating the sipping charged to me of $40 (CIF meaning cost, insurance and freight) had been paid. I paid VAT on a higher (guesstimated) value of $76 based on the weight. There must be an incentive for wigs.com to operate this way. I also wonder why they insist on using UPS (do they get a commission/cut?). Why won't they ship with USPS who in my opinion have always proved to be more reliable. With UPS I had t pay additional charges to get my delivery over and above what I paid at the outset. Wigs.com were very unhelpful and frankly their well designed website is all they have going for it. The service is crap. Normally I google a company to see how they have dealt with customers but I didn't this time because there was a sale and a deadline. My experience with this company has frankly put me off shopping in the USA for good. I just don't ever want to go through what I experience with wigs.com again but there are no guarantees as to what kind of after sales service you will get once you engage. Shopping online is a hit and miss so for me I'd rather just not risk getting my blood pressure up. I stopped shopping on ebay for the same reason. High unverifiable charges. I thought companies online would be better but it appears not. Anyone shopping at wigs.com, BEWARE.

wigs.comterrible service/tru-color is misleading

Although wigs.com offers very friendly service before the sale, good luck if you get caught in the situation I did where their 'tru-color' representation of their wig colors online is so far off that you get a color that is the opposite of what you thought you had ordered. The customer service manager, lucas, is a rude, incompetent, amazingly non-customer service-oriented person who has no interest whatsoever in working to keep customer relationships. Even though the wig I received was a totally different color than represented, and the customer service representative agreed that they had misrepresented it dramatically justifying them waiving my shipping fees and restocking fees so I could return it, the manager refused to take any responsibility or be accommodating in any way. He was insolent, rude, snotty and extremely childish. I have no interest in ever working with this company again it is clear that you cannot trust them. Buyer beware!!

beauty and hair — unable to contact company for returning an item

I would like to return an item ordered online, upon receiving the item I realized I did not wish to keep it...

wigs.comitem payed for, never received

When I received my package from wigs.com it only contained 2 of 3 items. On the shipping receipt it listed the last item as "backordered" with no estimated shipping date. This is the response I received today to my inquiry about the missing item:

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for contacting Beauty & Hair. We apologize you did not receive your order in full. The item does not appear to be on backorder. However, there did appear to be a glitch or issue in our system causing the order to not be processed correctly.

In order to better serve you, please call us directly at [protected] (outside of U.S., please call [protected]), Monday through Friday, 8:00AM until 6:30PM Central Time.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Customer Service Team
                            beautyandhair.com
                            U.S. (Toll Free) [protected]

SO, I called the company and was promted with a directory. No operator. No name. Luckily I had found this site with a contact name for customer service. I am waiting to hear back. I think it is terrible to take someone's money, send a partial order and then give the run-around.

• Ca
                                CatherineBartlett May 17, 2012

I placed an order through wigs.com and have been misled also. I was told the wig I ordered was not available till July. I cancelled back order and was told the money was returned to our bank and that the bank takes 3-9 buiness days to release it. That is not true. There were so many complaints coming into our legal department that I had to find out if the same thing would happen to me or my daughter.I would suggest Paula Young since they do not withdraw from your account till it is ready to ship. And if somthing is on back order the money is not taken out. There is alot of companies who take advantage.Wigs.com is one of them.

• Al
                                Allan22 Feb 04, 2011

its possible there is a health issue behind the wigs - to ihateyoutaylorkru.

• Al
                                Allan22 Feb 04, 2011

until you figure it out, hold your complaint. it sounds as if they are trying to work with you, admitted they had a glitch and and working to resolve.

people are so quick on the trigger anymore its amazing...

• Ih
                                ihateyoutaylorkru Feb 04, 2011

that really sucks . like, i wouldnt even wear wigs . if i had no hair, i would just be proud and flaunt my scalp around . you can even put a head band on . instead of buying a wig . well, unless your like nicki manaj or some ### where you have every ###ing wig there was ever made . well, also if you are a stripper . strippers wear wigs too . so unless you are nicki manaj or a stripper, dont get a ###ing wig .

wigs.comservice

Classic, charge before ship(and not tell you it's backordered), I cancelled an order and they shipped a "back order" the same day within hours, really? So I had to absorb the return shipping, had a NASTY customer service rep try to blame the customer, claiming that they had no record of any emails that I sent stating that I had cancelled, well guess what not only did I have that email I had one from one of their reps CONFIRMING that I had cancelled.

Not a way to do business, as to the warehouse does not see any of the emails.. well really? I worked at a place that you could CALL the warehouse and stop an order, cancel an order, or expedite the shipping had it not been shipped yet ...so this company LIES !!

Watch the vids if you like so you know what the product looks like but this nonsense that they have a contact number on a web page but tell you that anything ordered over the phone or a credit does not show up on your account online is just that, it lacks LOGIC and is clearly a poor way to do business.

Note-- If you "buy" a color ring.. just keep it, if you return it you get a couple dollars less in a credit and you MUST call to use said credit.. it's just a racket.

NEVER EVER Again !!

• Lh
                                  LH2 Jan 13, 2011

Please, Please do not order anything from this company. They will rip you off and not think twice about it. My order has been on backorder for 10 months! They will sell you merchandise that they do not have in stock, and then refuse to give you a refund. Their strategy is to make excuses until 90 days have passed and it is too late for your credit card company to intervene on your behalf. The last time I called I was told that I they had to wait for the hair to grow before they could fill my order! Such nonsense should constitute fraud and be illegal. The corporate address is listed as Dallas, Texas. I encourage everyone to contact the Attorney Generals office in their own state, and to find out who to contact for Wigs.com in the state in which they operate their business. Want your money back? Forget it. The best you can do is get the Attorney General to look into the fraudulent kind of business they conduct, and hopefully put, an end to it. No one should be ripped off as flagrantly as this company operates.

wigs.comnot keeping me up to date with my order

I ordered a product online. I did not find out it was not available until 9 days later. %Then when I tried to reply, , no one answered my email for another week. They responded by telling me that the product I orderd was to be shipped the next week. that was 10 days a go and I still have not received my product or a reply from my enquiries that I have made during trhe process. I am appalled with their customer service. I have dealt with this company for sometime and have never found the customer service to be so disgusting.

It is my money and I need to know what they have done with it. We are talking hundreds of dollars here. Here is a copy of the first email received after my initial order on 04/20/2010 dated 4/29/2010:

Expected Availability Date: 5/6/2010

Dear, Tracy

Your item(s) listed above is on backorder. The backorder date noted is your expected shipment date. You have been placed on our backorder list to be among the first to receive this item when it comes off backorder. The most expedient way to receive your item is to remain on the backorder list, you do not need to do anything further. You will receive your item as soon as it becomes available.

If you do not wish to remain on the backorder list, or if you wish to choose an alternate style or color, please reply to this email and give us your new choice. We will process your request right away!

If you need assistance with your purchase, please take advantage of our licensed cosmetologists available to help you during business hours, Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 6:30PM (CST). Call TOLL FREE [protected] and Press Option 1 for Sales. You may also email [protected]@beautyandhair.com with your request. To expedite your request, please make sure to reference your sales order within your email.

Customer Service Team

beautyandhair.com
                                U.S. (Toll Free) [protected]
                                Outside the U.S. +[protected]
                                Fax [protected]
                                wigs.com | extensions.com | hairpieces.com

• Ju
                                    JustaLady Jun 22, 2012

I ordered a wig in March. In April, I hadn't received the wig and contacted the company via e-mail. The response was that the wig was on backorder and would be in about 1-1 1/2 months later. In May, I contacted the company again. The e-mail stated the wig was still on backorder. The next day another e-mail stated the wig had been discontinued. After another round of e-mail exchanges, the company stated they'd mistakenly sent the e-mail stating the wig had been discontinued. Long story short, 3 months passed and all I had to show for my $100 was a series of e-mails. I contacted the company again and was promised that the wig was 'on the way' within the next 24-48 hours. One week later (when I hadn't received the wig), I demanded a refund. I will NEVER buy anything else from this company. This experience has been ridiculous!

wigs.comvery bad service

Waited for almost 2 months for my order after I paid for it. Told it was on B/O. I called for the 3rd time and was told that it was finally available and my order would be shipped immed. I would receive it the following Friday. Guess what, it is now Friday and no order. I just got off the phone with them, and really steamed, apparently they never shipped my order because they never received in my items. Needless to say I cancelled my order, hopefully I will get a full refund on my credit card, that remains to be seen. In short, lousey service, no reguard for customer service, how they stay in business is a real mystery! Don't bother dealing with unless you don't care about receving your order.