Menu
Suave
reviews & complaints

Suave
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

9 complaints
2 resolved 7 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Suave. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
10:17 pm EST

Suave - Suave professional sleek and smooth

I bought the combo pack of shampoo and conditioner the other day. Put them in my shower didnt notice until I was in the shower and had washed my hair that they were both shampoo. Was very disappointed. Needless to say it was a bad hair day since my hair is super thick and down to my crack. This is unacceptable now I have to go back to the store to get conditioner. Please pay better attention when loading the boxes thanks

Suave - MOLDY Powder Scented Antiperspirant Deodorant

Today I went to Dollar General at 302 7th Ave. South Charleston, WV 25303. (Dollar general store #00164) I made a purchase of some snacks for work, as well as a new tube of Suave Powder Deodorant 1.2oz. When I got to work (literally 30 feet from the dollar general) I opened the deodorant to use. When I opened it, I saw mold all on the inside. This is very concerning considering I use this product on my body. I always use this deodorant, but after today, I think I'll pay the extra money and switch back to using Secret or Dove.

Desired outcome: Replacement Product

G
2:41 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

please PLEASE stop making body wash..specifically sweet pea and violet, it smells DISGUSTING!! Smells more like shemicals than sweet pea and violet, and it makes me want to vomit

M
6:55 pm EDT

Suave - Watermelon wonder 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner, body wash

I used this product on my 5-year-old son recently. The day after I noticed a black bruise going down the middle of his forehead. He has blisters on the edge of his scalp where the bruising starts, and his hair has come out in that spot also. I looked up what a chemical burn was, and it described what my sons head looks like. It actually says if there is a black mark and blisters this is the worst burn you can have because the nerves are broken down. I am so very disappointed with this product, and saddened for my sweet little boy. He is nonverbal and can't tell me if he's hurting or not, so I always have to pay close attention to him. There needs to be something done about this product because it's not safe for kids or anyone to use for that matter. I can't imagine what would have happened if it had gotten into his eyes, even though it's supposed to be tear free.

A
6:33 pm EDT

Suave - Shampoo and conditioner

Hello. Few weeks ago I started to use suave professional 0% paraben. Almond Shea. And this what happen to me. My hair was strong and now all damaged. I lose my hair from the root this begins from the first time I used this shampoo and conditioner. But the second time was dramatic. Im sad about my hair was strong beautiful. What can I do now Whatbis the process.

T
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo caused major hair loss for me. At first I LOVED it, however after a few months I noticed that my hair was getting thinner and thinner, then I noticed balding patches on the areas where I mostly concentrated on using the dry shampoo. I have very oily hair so this was a god sent, now I am left with bald patches trying to figure...

H
12:43 am EDT

Suave - Bad Bottle?

The first time I used Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo it was fantastic and worked exactly as advertised. I was able to get quite a few sprays out of it. The next time I purchased it, well, things didn't work as planned. I was able to use the shampoo on two separate occasions. As I was set to use it for a third time, it seemed the remaining product in the can had evaporated. I heard just a few meager drops rattling around in the can. I thought it was crazy but just a fluke, a freak occurrence. I bought another can and it did the same thing! But only after ONE use! Now that's just ridiculous... It's not like I was spraying the entire bottle on my head, either. I read several other reviews on Amazon about the quality (or lack thereof) of this product's functioning. Quite disappointing. Suave needs to take note of this faulty can issue!

1 comment
M
Sep 18, 2014 12:08 pm EDT

This exact thing happened to me. I used the dry shampoo once and it does exactly as promised. The next time I attempted to use it nothing came out. Of course I thought that it may be clogged so I ran the nozzle under got water for about 30 seconds; nothing. So I scrapped the nozzle with my fingernail thinking this would clear the nozzle; again nothing. After a very close examination with a magnifying glass I realized the nozzle is not clogged it just does not work. The bottle is almost full. I truly feel ripped off because I did not purchase a one use can of dry shampoo. This is 2014 and from the comments it appears this problem has been happening since 2011 - does Suave ever intent to correct this problem?

W
4:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been using the "new" shampoo and conditioner(almond shea butter) for almost a week... but I refuse to use it ever again. I was trying to be frugal and heal my hair... but obviously suave can't... the price should go back down to 89 cents a bottle... that is about how much it is worth if that. I am so disappointed. I used suave only when I was growing...

R
12:00 am EDT

Suave - Poor new formula and nozzle

Rave is no longer made with the old formula (alcohol as its first ingredient). The new formula is like dumping water on your hair.

The nozzle that sprays it is changed and is so large that the product doesn't hold but now it drenches your hair and makes it soaking wet and does not hold.

2 comments
R
Jul 11, 2008 3:25 am EDT

I agree. I have 3 daughters and buy 2-3 bottles of hair spray a week (4x mega). It does not hold and it is like water. The last 8 bottle I have bought has beeen trash. I tried finding a web sight to compain but no luck so far. We are going to find another product to use. That includes the shampoo and creme rinse I also buy.

S
Jan 23, 2008 9:18 am EST

Used Rave stying mist for many years. Now it cannot be found.
They are losing lots of customer.

Suave contacts