Having problems with Instyler?

+1 800 313 3753 (Customer Service)
5826 Uplander Wa
Culver City, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Instyler.

Complaints & Reviews

Instyler straightener silversecond degree burn on face

This product got tangled in my hair so I went to grab it and it burned my fingers so I dropped it on my face and it gave me. Ur s so. As that two and a half weeks later my doctor said it was second degree burn 4 months later and I'm scarred badley. Do not buy this product t it's poorly designed .

second degree burn on face

Instyler MaxHighly dissatisfied with the product and service

I purchased 2 of these for Christmas, one is opened and the other is not. Highly dissatisfied with the product. I have emailed and called to try and return the product since December 27, 2015. Today I was told that it is past my 30 days to return the product. WHAT A JOKE. What can I do?

Instyler IndiaFREE OFFER NOT RECEIVED

The Instyler india site offers the Instyler rotating iron at Rs.1699/- with offer ASSURED FREE GIFTS WORTH RS.1500/- OR FREE HOLIDAY VOUCHER OF RS.1000/-, but the dealer from Mumbai charged me with 12.5% extra as tax and I only got a credit card holder as a gift which is valued in the local market for Rs.50/-, i did not recieved any gift voucher as well. This is to corrected and i should get the promised gift by the company as soon as possible other wise i have to complaint to the customer cell.

InStyler — Falling apart after little use!

I ordered this product for my daughter because she has frizzy hair and it works great but I've only used...

Website seems legitimate, bought product and than the receipt which was emailed back to me made me a bit suspicious. The payee was UrFaddish Jewelery and that name hadn't been anywhere on the Instyler Australia site. I googled UrFaddish Jewelery and there were multiple complaints about it being a scam but using different sites other than the Instyler Australia site for example a beauty products site in UK and a football site, apparently these sites disappeared within two weeks. They have over charged my credit card and I just cancelled it an 1hr after my purchase to make sure they don't take any more. I'm not holding my breath to get the product I've just bought! Don't be tricked!

InStylerInstyler

This product is not for ethnic hair types despite the models and videos. Using on actual ethnic hair does not produce desired results. The return authorization dept doesn't make returns easy, especially if they can't find you in the system. Billing turns immediate non pay over to collection agencies even when they are at fault. The collection agency used Accurate Recovery has rude and clueless employees who don't care about proof of payments only what their customer has reported to them. This is a scam that is only meant to take your money and not provide any resolutions. By the way, they keep taking money out of your account...I am currently up to $171.86 for something that I can't use and they wouldn't take back!

InStylerdefeactive product, take payments on the wrong date without informing you.

I thought this product was great until i used it the first time & half way through doing my hair the brush started to melt & burned my head badly! I just spoke to the company because in edition to that problem, they decided on their own to changed the dates at which they were to automatically withdrawal the money for this product out of my checking account, changed my payment dates without permission from me without my knowledge . So I would never suggest this product to anyone! Since they when I called to have this problem fixed, they did nothing. They told me to send the product back with me paying the expense of postage & packaging, also because of this situation it caused me to not have the correct amount in my account for other important bills such as rent! You do not change pay dates for this product or any other without informing the person who is the account holder, this product is defective & they will not do anything to fix the situation. I would not suggest anybody to get involved with this company, they are rude disrespectful and a representative's hung up on me while speaking, i called back to speak to a supervisor about his rude behavior and her response was that she would try to speak to him and that what he said was incorrect about the return policy, I got two different answers, so obviously they are unaware of their own product and policies! I feel this is the worst product I have ever invested in, and it has caused a great deal of problems within my checking account. At this point I do not have my rent money because they have decided to change they dates on which day they take the money out. They use if as if it is their very own account, right now my bank is changing my bank card number so they can no longer take money that's not theirs from my account. just be careful if u decide to invest, because they will not work with you in any way. Thank you.

InStylerReturn policy a scam

I purchased the Instyler shell rollers for a free trial for 30 days. They did NOT work on my hair as advertised. I waited on hold for over 20 min. 2 days in a row to get an authoroization code to return them. This department is only open M-F for very limited hours. I wrote a written explanation complete with phone numbers and returned them before my 30 days were up. Instyler returned the rollers to me with a note saying I had to follow their return policy. It is impossible to get through to customer service to get an authorization code. Now my 30 days are up and I will have to pay shipping twice, even if they will waive the 30 day period. What an expensives waste of time and money! Please help me get credit for the 2 months they have charged me 39.99 each month and stop the next 2 months fees.

InStylervery bad result

i ordered instyler from homeshoppingindia.com.i received the styler but the result is so bad.my hair doesn't get straight.the product is also not good.styler doesn't get hot as required and it switches off automatically after few seconds.i spent 3000 rs for product and 150rs for courier now when i complained about the product they are telling to send the product back to them.in this i will have to spend another 150rs and after that also if i am not satisfied with result, they say that there is no way out.i am very unsatisfied with the product as well as the site services

InStylerDangerous instrument, poorly made

I was given the Instyler as a gift.e hair. I watched the instructional video on our shopping channel and followed instructions to the letter using it on myself and on three others.I received a serious burn on my hand, neck only because I had turned the heat down to low. After 5 uses the barrel began to rotate irregularly as though it was out of balance. I had this instrument examined by a friend who is a hairdresser and another who is an engineer. In thr opinions of both, the Instyler is a cheaply, poorly conceptuqlized machine which can be esxtremely dangerous and should NEVER be used by children because of the probability of burns. I discarded mine but considered it a well-learned lesson!

InStylerNot delivered till date

I bought the instyler rotating iron about 5 months ago for Cd$ 8O and it still hasn't being sent to me.I e-mailed the company several times but they either never reply back or reply whenever they feel like it and they never give any concrete excuse. The company is fraudulent and should be treated as such by law enforcement. The warning sign was that they don't have a phone number and I regret buying from them period!

InStylerInstyler is okay if you don't have thin hair!!

If you have thin hair the Instyler will not work for you as the grip is not tight enough and your hair will just slip through the brush and barrel.

I still get burns on my forehead, even with the safey burn gaurd that is provided. I find that the instyler cannot get close enough to your face/forehead because the barrel is to large.

It is hotter than most flat irons and I can smell the hair burning, if I turn down the heat then it doesn't work that great. I use it carefully once in a while.

InStylerproblem with the product

instyler...is not at all working since the day ive got the productt...its soo rediculous...the customer service is soo irresposible...the hot cylinder is not at all roatating...will u people kindlyy respond to us..and exchange the product..customer service talks so polietly untill we get the product after that...these people dont answer to any calls...

InStyler — I got 3rd degree burns from the Instyler

I purchased the Insytler rotating iron and burned the side of my face by my temple area and my neck.I took it...

Tre Instylerwas charged on credit card for 47 dollars when I paid in full.

I recieved your instyler last month on jan 4 2011.I had paid in full for your product of 92.44.I am confused why you charged me an additional 47.28 dollars .There was no bill nor anything stateing I still owe any other money .I even requested the 40.00 coupon that was offered to discount my purchase.even better.I have been trying to try and talk to someone to help me with this problem. I am sure this is an oversight and you will credit me back this money.(47.28)Please call me asap to find reselution. I love your product. This is very important and we can talk real soon. Maria Chapman

• Jl
                              Jlsaj Dec 26, 2015

I have just found a similar charge on my credit card. This needs to be addressed immediately and reported to the BBB.

InStylerNot worth the money

I have this item and just today the top of my instyler came off with only 5 months of purchase in Wal-Mart. I was so frustrated since I dint get to finish my hair. I decided to call the company [protected] and spoke with and agent fist and advice him I had send the registration card as they advertise this is in their website www.getinstyler.com for any future claims but he dint want to help me so I decided to talk to main supervisor Chris he dint want to provide me with his last name then I advice him about the problem. This is what he told me that the stylers that are out there in the stores are imitations that come from China and they are identical to the instyler even do I purchase this with Wal-Mart such a huge company will not be buying imitations I told him but he kept telling me that he will not replace it for the reason that this is an imitations item from Wal-Mart he also advice me that the company that is making the imitation products also uses their phone number a website and everything looks exactly like the real instyler even do this item is not cheap $104.00 down the drain just like that wow I was really surprise to hear that from him and this is the reason I’m writing this review this company is not a professional company I don’t even know why are they still in business. I hope this helps allot of customers that are trying to purchase this item is not worth the money for only a couple of months and a good company should always stand behind their product and don’t make excuses read the reviews before you purchase and you will find out that allot of customers have this problem and many more with the top of the rotation falls of and there is no way to fix it. I will be writing to the BBB about this business and I hope allot do to so this company does not keep taking our money.

InStylerBad customer service

I called the company for instyler and made sure from the customer service rep that no more would be put on my c.c. or sent to me and they did it anyways and r trying to tell me that i have 2 pay for them both. now i need this to be completely off my c.c and i will not expect anything less!this is wrong to do to anyone! they get ur c.c.# and use it to their own advantage and that is illegal!! fix this now or i will sue u for the charges plus all i have to go through to fix this!

• Jt
                                  jtgreen Mar 05, 2012

thank you so much, I total agree, i do not have my rent money because they decided to change the date they withdrawal the payment out of my account!! I am so upset, I am 4o$ short on rent because of their foul actions, this is a dirty business, do not get involved with them as you see what has happened to the two of us, thank you again! So sad, am very scared that I will be kicked out of my apartment with a baby on the way & a 6yr old. Wow the nerve of this company!

Tre Milano / InStylerScam

I purchased the Instyler online. I had thought I was purchasing a two for one for $14.99, after I placed the order and realized that the charges totaled $139.96, I immediately called the number listed on the website. The number directed me to dial another number which of course was not valid. I then immediately sent an email to have the order canceled. My response was received two days later indicating the order had been shipped.

Today I received a call for a "representative" who was attempting to sell me additional products. I explained that I canceled the order the same day I placed the order in which her response was she would transfer me to customer service. She transferred me, and what a surprise I was told the number was not valid and was hung up on. I attempted to call the number in which is was called from, and again, conveniently I received an immediate busy signal.

This business is a scam and a complaint was made to the Better Business Bureau.

InStylerDon't buy from them

Let me begin by saying I have had my InSyler for a few months it was not until yesterday that I realized that the small tag on the end by the plug in says "Warning the power cord in this product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause (cancer, and) birth defects or other reproductive harm. WASH HANDS AFTER HANDLING." I have used this product several times and love the product I wish they would put another cord on the product. I so would not have purchased it, if I had know it contained lead, the sad part is I have had it to long to return it.

InStylerStinks

Do Not Buy The InStyler! I purchased the InStyler October 2009, in the 2-for-1 deal. My sister and I wanted to give each other the InStyler for Christmas 2009. I have used it maybe 2 or 3 times since December 2009. This morning, with half of my hair straightened, the rotating iron part came loose, the top cap came off, and screws came out. I tried to fix it after the iron cooled, but to no avail. I pulled out my credit card statement from October 2009, and called the 1800 number. I was told that the 12-month warranty had expired. I said I understand, but is there anything they could do for me, since its only 13 months since I bought it, and less than a year since I actually could start to use it since it was a holiday gift. I was told there is nothing they could do, so I asked for the supervisor. I explained the story, noted that I understood the 12 months had come and gone, but surely there is something he could do for me. He said he could not, so I asked if I'm just supposed to be okay with shelling out $140 and having their product literally fall apart 13 months later. He said he was "sorry I feel that they cannot help me", to which I responded "well, I do nto FEEL you cannot help me, you literally are NOT helping me". I went on to say I would blog about this crappy product and evern crappier customer service, and email every woman I know...UGH!

• Mi
                                        missrik Apr 06, 2011

Did you call the company to have it replaced? They offer a one year guarantee. Hope this helps