Whirlpool Corporation — timer for oven and range top
Whirlpool ceramic range Model YWFE521SOHSO - the timer on this product is a safety hazard. When using the timer for the oven, it only beeps ONE time and shuts itself off. If you happen to be out of the kitchen and miss it, you risk burning whatever you are baking, and a possible fire if left too long. The timer is also very quiet and easy to miss even if you are in the next room. So basically, you get one chance to catch the timer for the oven.
The timer works fine if you are using the ceramic cook-top. It will continue to beep until you turn it off.
Whirlpool needs to correct this issue as it is an extreme fire hazard. I have missed the timer beep on the oven many times and am concerned that a fire could be the result for either myself or others who have purchased this product.
Our local technician replaced the clock mechanism to see if the original was faulty, but there was no change in the operation of the timer, so this is a definite design flaw.
Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jun 20, 2019
Tina Whitman: We're sorry to hear that. We recommend to contact our Canada Team for assistance at [protected] between 8 a.m.–8 p.m. EST Mon-Fri.
More Whirlpool Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products