[Resolved] Whirlpool — beware of best buy during the christmas holiday!
I purchased a Gateway Notebook for my husband on Dec 9, 2006 as a Christmas Gift. When I purchased it I asked the young man if I could return it.
He said, "yes". I asked if there was a restocking fee. He said, "only if the item had the seal broken." On Christmas day my husband graciously declined my gift, so we decided to return it.
On Dec 29th, I tried to return the notebook and was told it was over the 14 day return policy and I could get store credit. I paid by check and their company cashed my check. I wanted my money back. I was furious to say the least. I, also, called the Customer Service number and was told the same thing. I know they say they have it posted in their stores and it's on the receipt, BUT do you honestly think that at the Christmas holiday customers are reading YOUR store signs or looking at the small print on receipts. The standard customer thinks that you can return just about everything within a 7 day time frame, especially at Christmas time. I think their employees should inform customers of their policy at this particular time of year. Wouldn’t that be a novel thought??
Well I've learned my lesson. I will never make a major purchase at your store for the Christmas holiday again.
I will inform all I can to BEWARE of Best Buy during the Christmas Holiday.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks!
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective!
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products