WestPac Banking Corporation Logo

WestPac Banking Corporation

Having problems with WestPac Banking Corporation?

132 032 (Personal Customers)
132 142 (Business Customers)
131 900 (New Loans Or Refinancing)
132 558 (Existing Loans & Enquiries)
1800 022 022 (ATM Enquiries & Difficulties)
+61 291 557 700 (International)
+61 291 557 737 (Corporate Online Customers)
+61 291 557 711 (Black Card Enquiries)
+61 291 557 722 (Platinum and Platinum Plus Card Enquiries)
+61 291 557 744 (Global Currency Card)
+61 130 065 5505 (Online and Mobile Banking)
+61 130 065 1089 (Lost & Stolen)
+61 130 036 7449 (Settlement Bookings)
+61 130 065 0255 (Home & Contents Insurance)
+61 298 064 032 (International Services)
275 Kent Street
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia - 2000

Complaints & Reviews

statement history

I have been in touch on several occasions to no avail. I require statements urgently for the ato from 2010 to 2013. No one seems to be able to provide them to me. You have already damaged my credit rating by holding an open default account for nearly five years after it was settled, at which I have a letter acknowledging you were in the wrong and now you can't provide me with statement I need urgently

home insurance

To whom it may concern I am very sorry but I am so frustrated at the process of my home insurance claim...

my online banking credit card balance

I recently closed my online saver account and Denticare removed money after it was closed and weren't...

Coolangatta Banks

credit card services & customer service personnel

I have been on my phone since 9.13 am this morning 22/1/2019 it is now 2.25 pm in regards to my son Daniel...

Browns Plains Banks

breaking fees for fixed loans

On 16/02/2017 I received details for breaking my fixed loan with WESTPAC (Ref: PS/SM/3910791/ZYA03...

Adelaide Loans

loan

Hi went into westpac Malaga branch in Perth wa and applyed for a top up loan on my redraw about 3/4weeks ago...

unable to process chargeback

I transacted a purchase from Dealboard.com which I did not receive. After investigation PayPal could not...

1 comment Perth Metro Area Banks

westpac suck

Westpac are the worst bank in Australia. I went to the 218 st georges tce branch and the manager was so rude...

customer relations

Several years ago I received a credit card from Westpac with a $2000 limit, shortly afterwards I relocated to the United States. Upon discovering that there were no means to make payments through ATM's here I called Westpac's "dedicated customer relations team" to enquire about my options for repayment, only to be told that I was "not eligible for phone banking". As I saw it I was not requesting "phone banking", I was making a valid, general enquiry requesting advice on how to repay my debt. I then emailed and received no response.

Consequently 5 years down the track I find myself receiving an urgent late night message from a friend here in the United States to call someone in Australia. Already in distress taking care of a family issue in Florida I called the number to find it was an agency known as Credit Corp. They explained to me that given the time difference I had a total of 3 hours to deposit almost $3000 via credit card into my deactivated account or I would face "escalated legal costs and consequences", as though I was some criminal fraudster trying to weasel my way out of a relatively small debt. The hour was late and my husband, my only source of income was currently in transit to the other side of the country and obviously not able to rectify the situation in that time frame. I was left with no other option than to contact family members in Australia to assist me.

I now find myself $3000 in debt to a family member who most certainly doesn't have that kind of money to outlay in such a short period of time, I have been placed in a position where I must somehow acquire the funds to repay this debt in a very limited amount of time, an added strain placed upon my family here in an already trying period of illness and have been humiliated in front of my peers who were led to believe that some dire family emergency was in progress from the tone of the "urgent" messages left for me with them.

All of this inconvenience to myself and their "business" could have been avoided had their "dedicated customer relations team" actually participated in customer relations. One simple answer via telephone 5 years ago or one brief email response and none of this would have ever occurred. I have alerted all friends and family members holding personal and business accounts with Westpac and urged them to retain the services of another institution as soon as possible so they may avoid unnecessary grief caused by it's non existent customer service.

bad customer service no responability for their staff actions

I was on Invalids Benefit my permanent income in my name and husband partime working.
we went to our bank of ten years for a loan, to safe guard our selves we took out westpac insurance with the loan at the time we ask westpac staff if my benefit stopped would insurance cover me they said YES we ask staff of contracts we not all einstein, it would one and a half years later benefit stopped shock horror insurance did not cover this insurance was only for wage and redundancy they only paid me back the insurance I paid on the loan the same with Westpac Credit Card we got insurance for that to my horror again it only cover over 30 days sick husband off three week. at the time we got credit card again we were told covered for sickness I am worried about how Bank staff conduct themselves selling loan and bank credit cards at customer expense to make banks money.

• Fr
    Franz Pirchmoser Mar 11, 2009

On my Westpac bank statement of 02 April 2009 there was a withdrawal dated 02/12/o9 of 49.95 US Dollars which because of the low exchange rate became 78.36 Australian Dollars.
    We had not made any purchase, I believe we have never delt with this Co. or been accociated in any way.
    It also seems strange that the withdrawal was made on the 12 February 2009.
    What a shock.

sent the money for fund transfer

I have received the message from Mr. Ray White, (Director, Customer Financial Services) Westpac Corporate Bank, you have won the prize of 10 Lacs GBP from BMW group. Mr. White required my bank details for transferring the prize money, After providing the information now Mr White are demanding me 550 GBP for transfer fees charges.

I have requested them pl deduct theTFC from the winning amount. Suggest what is fact?

With Regards,
Shiv

• Pa
    paulini malani Jul 13, 2007

I was told to open an account so that i can claim my winning prize. In fact I have to deposit the amount of $750 pounds into the account that i will activate in order to allow the fund to be transfer to my account. The contact bank is westpac cooperate bank in London.

• Sh
    shahaan pushp Aug 08, 2007

Of course the money should be deducted from the won amount because its his money and maybe he could be faked after sending the transfer fees charge.

• Hi
    Hinekiatorangi1 Nov 01, 2018

I have had two payments that's nearly $60 that went out on January and February, it is unknown and i am only a single mother and can't afford for money to go out as im a mother with 7kids. I don't know where or who my money went out to. I didn't realise till i checked my statement today, what's going on ??

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices