Western Dentalovercharge and waiting for a refund

E

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any type of medical/dental facility...
I was seen fairly quickly, the dentist and assistant were decent, but while I was lying in the exam chair (in excruciating pain from an exposed nerve in my tooth)
This receptionist kept coming back to get my credit card to pay for my tooth extraction.
�The first time she made a mistake and overcharged me for unwanted products I explained I didn't want. She again took my card to void out the first charge of $84.70
�She Charged my card a second time for the corrected amount of $59.70.
�She returned a third time to inform me I still owed the office approximately $10.
I instructed her to use my card. She replied to me that my card was declined for insufficient funds.(I'm starting to panic)
�I asked why the voided sale amount from the first charge wasn't on my card?( By now I'm numb but really confused ) �She told me a voided sale amount wasn't going to be back on my card for 24 hours.
�I explained to her the funds on my card ( which was plenty to cover my $59.70 copay) was all the money I had until my payday. She suggested I set up an autopay contract to deduct the money from my card the following day when she informed me that the voided sale amount would be back on my card. I am hurting, my numbing medicine is wearing off, and she brings me 3-4 receipts to sign.
This receptionist comes to me again shortly after my tooth was extracted to tell me the office wasn't going to charge me the $10 balance I owed (for her damn mistake) and gave me a copy of the voided sale receipt and the final sale receipt along with a copy of the service I received. AGAIN SHE INFORMED ME MY VOIDED SALE AMOUNT WOULD BE BACK ON MY CARD 24 HOURS FROM THEN!
Needless to say, the voided sale amount WAS NOT ON MY CARD 24 HOURS LATER!!! It took me 4 days of calling to Western Dental Corporate Office, being transferred to countless phone operators who claim they only know how to make appointments! (Beyond Madening)
I finally found out from a supervisor I demanded to speak to that there will be an audit report done and a refund process began that will take 15-40 business days to know where my money went and when it will be returned to me. (Seriously )
Very unprofessional and the receptionist should NOT be allowed to ask people for credit cards while they are incapacitated and in excruciating pain.

My advice to you is :
TAKE CASH WITH YOU TO PAY FOR SERVICES RENDERED!!
NEVER GIVE YOUR CARD TO A RECEPTIONIST TO SWIPE FOR PAYMENT IF YOU AREN'T DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM!
A $60 dentist bill ended up costing me $140 that day
I still haven't heard back from the corporate office about my refund.

I know I will NEVER make that mistake again, sadly you don't expect something like this to happen from your dentist.