Wells Fargoracism in hiring

M

I was just hired by Wells Fargo and every thing was okay. I had to navigate a really tricky connectivity problem in the beginning, which was their fault, and as a result, I could only be trained 2 days, instead of the normal four. When I got hired, it was all over the phone and everything was going just fine. They were all apologetic saying everything would be fine. They decided to send me out into the field, and I was like: No. Let's wait a bit, finish the training as I need, and then continue however, they refused. So I went out to the field and there I met Wells Fargo in person. Suddenly everything changed. Even though I did everything as instructed at that point, they cancelled further work for me, did not review any of my work, and fired me on Friday without any excuse. There was absolutely no reason to do this. Zero. I can only come to the conclusion that the reason for this was racism. They finally discovered that I was black, I can hide this over the phone since my voice is pure white, however in real life, I what can I do? I mean, go to from saying everything is fine, I got 6 months of work guaranteed, to being fired without my work being evaluated even one time, that is total BS and racism. And get this, I am trained in the subject matter which is ISO27001. I have have spent over $10, 000 of my own personal money to get training in the area and I have over 6 years of relevant experience. My trainer has no training and is not certified in the area. I was like, should I train you???? When I was working, it was too easy for me. I knew everything I should do, since I had done it before for other companies, and I was learning how to do it specifically according to Wells Fargo requirements. However, no one, not even my training, looked over my shoulder and looked at what I was doing. Zero. They did not ask for anything and I was told I could submit everything later, on Monday, since I was over my daily 8 hour limit for work. I mean, talk about messed up. I had no means for company communication and I had to buy my own equipment for this. In any other company, I would be looked at a a good employee since I did everything without proper compensation. However, Wells Fargo--> No. I'm black, and that is all. They had everything set up to fire me once they knew I was black and I have the email evidence to back it up. They don't have the company laptop, it's still in my possession and I am looking for a good lawyer to go sue this guys. Anyone want to give me advice? Bottom line, if you are black, don't even consider Wells Fargo.

• Mo
    MonicaJames Dec 08, 2011

What was the title of the job? Just curious
    Did you get the 'oh you are Michael' look when they saw you? I got that look at an interview and now the recruiters won't respond to my emails.

I understand

• Id
    idisee Sep 28, 2011

wells fargo may not be racist . but here is what i know about them . they are greedy money seekers . here s how they conduct business, and why they fire employees you must be a stressed . pushed over burdened overworked and in most cases they do not pay mnimium wages they place everyone they can on a salary and get them to work so many hours a week so they are really making way below minimium wage with no overtime pay . not having to act alone with wage laws because it s not per hour jobs they mostly have they get employees to work for as little as 4 .50 an hour either put out at a great pace move fast on the job miss your breaks and lunch and the most important reason i think you got fired you didn t move at breakneck speed which is what you have to do to work for them try dealing with their customer service or doing business inside the banks if you do not believe me they do not hire enough people to get the job done therefore you ll see a lot of mistakes and you ll be waiting a long time for service . then while cutting down on their staff to save big bucks for the company . they push like crazy their employees to give good service clue can t get good service from wells fargo not enough people hired to give service one person can only do so much and when that one is under so much stress accidents happened poor service . mistakes watch your airlines your oil platforms do they or any other companies have enough people to prevent you from dieing in an accident how many people in america can say they do all the task the company wants done or do you just not have enough help or time to do it since i think they wells fargo is so poor to do business with they must be racist too you name it they will do it to make a buck for their greedy hands

• Tr
    Truthisinfallible Sep 24, 2011

Good luck Michael! Ignore the forum trolls. Keep fighting the good fight!

• Pr
    PROFESSORPAUL Sep 22, 2011

WELLS FARGO IS FOR ONLY THE MEXICANS!

• Ramelle Sep 20, 2011

Bye Lovey.

• Ramelle Sep 19, 2011

The cure for boredom is curiousity. There is no cure for curiousity.

jbfirebird Sep 19, 2011

and perhaps i should clarify the last so i dont confuse michael. when you go to court, they arent going to use an electronic file in a hearing. they are going to have physical documentation meaning its going to be printed . so, as you can see, you will at that point be able to present an "image" of an email. that image can easily be altered to say whatever you wanted it to say. and you know damn well for your piddly ### discrimination case, they arent going to do data forensics nor will they have any idea how an email trail works other than reading the email that is printed. which, as i said, can be altered with photoshop software. NOT DATA ALTERING, but physically altering what it says.
    TURD

jbfirebird Sep 19, 2011

obviously, michael hasnt the slightest idea of what i was saying about using photoshop to alter something. at no time did i say anythign about altering a .psd file. DID I?! i was merely talking about using something so simple as taking a screen shot of the email itself and altering it to get the outcome.
    but, since you seem to know everything, im sure that no one could possibly use binary to alter the file that you have saved?
    leave your ingnorance at the door and stop supporting stereotypes

Oh, how old are they?

Kevin Richards 4 Sep 19, 2011

Than what is the racism issue about?

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

None of my family members are Black either. They are all White or Japanese.

Kevin Richards 4 Sep 19, 2011

Then why is she in trouble with the law.

Kevin Richards 4 Sep 19, 2011

Yeah my other posts got deleted, so I created a new account Kevin Richards 4.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

@Kevin: Hey, I thought I recognized you from Wells Fargo!

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

"This letter" is... you mean don't post here?

Kevin Richards 4 Sep 19, 2011

OH stfu you ###, the real reason you lost your job is because you did something wrong not because of your skin color. Go back to Africa with the other monkeys and while you are at it take Brenda's black mixed niece and nephew who are drug abusers with you.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

@Ramelle: The lawyer is doing this for free.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

You idiot, there is nothing photoshop has to do with a pst file. Do you even know what I am talking about? Do you understand how Outlook stores email? That is it is actually a database? Do you understand this? Do you even know where it is located on your computer? Every email has a number and this number can be tracked back to the server as well as to the original sender, especially if the sender was using a public IP and/or if the IP was not altered during transmission. Dude... you have no clue about IT. I mean, using Photoshop to alter a database is utterly stupid. Better to just change the text in the files of the database however, then the numbering would be different and the possiblity of the database become unstable is very high. So, who would do that? Do you have any clue how email works? How is it stored? No... you are totally clueless aren't you? Using image altering software for databases and text? LOL!!! Okay, I forgive you since you have no idea what you are talking about. And there is always an audit trail in a bank. Always. End of story. Shoot, there is always an audit trail for every email sent period as long as you can get to the server. Even deleted mails can be recovered. And... I will return the computer, of course, once we figure out how to handle it.
    At the end of the day, you remain forgiven for being so ignorant about email systems. Every set up an exchange server? How about done forensics on one? I have. Plenty of times. You, like more people, just want minorities to stay in their place and be silent right? Well, I won't be silent. Others struggled so that I could have the freedoms I have today and now I get to contribute to that struggle so that others can have it easier.

• Ramelle Sep 19, 2011

He's a liar and has no case, nor the money for an attorney if he did have a case. That is obvious.

jbfirebird Sep 19, 2011

"I was advised by a lawyer to keep the computer and back up the pst file as evidence, until we figure out what to do. Banks can't erase emails for 7 years. So, having the emails on the client as evidence is super necessary. Without it, true heresay. I mean, you say email is server based so... are you claiming that the emails were not downloaded to the local Outlook client? If there were true, I would have given them back their asset asap since I wouldn't have anything lol. I'm an MCSE. I know what I am doing in this area. Funny thing is... I never signed any documents with WF saying that I would return their property. "
    im starting to believe you less and less. IF YOU WERE an MCSE, you would know for fact that emails are server based.
    having the email downloaded doesnt mean anything. you can photoshop or alter an email to make it look like it was recieved by your inbox. if there isnt a data trail, it means nothing. i never said it wasnt downloaded into the email inbox on the computer. but, its still on the server as well.
    when you recieve company property, you dont get to keep it regardless of what you do or dont sign. they arent just going to give you a laptop and not worry anything about it. they also havent signed anythign saying that they wont attempt to regain control of their property. i suppose if they give you a company car, you would keep that too because you didnt sign anything. perhaps you should get some common sense training instead of being an opportunist and taking all the free stuff that you can.
    but, at the end of the day, fact still remains the same, stop playing the race card. its old and annoying.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

@Romelle: Is that what you call your customers behind their backs? Ah... too bad. You must really loathe them. Both of my parents were white and I am half white so...your comment is totally out of context. Perhaps you want to go back to Peter and service him now.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

I never said I was victim. Death is death. It happens. My son died as well. And that is life. Never a victim. I survive. I had plenty of discrimination in Japan and I did not care. Here, I can do something about it. And Kool-Aid, that is for janitors. Do you want a few packs? I drink water and Decaf Latte.

• Ramelle Sep 19, 2011

He's not a victim. He's a broke ### black man trying to get over on whitey.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

@Peter: Both of my parents are dead... Mom died of cancer and father had a heart attack the same day and passed away within 6 hours. Man the more you talk, the more I am convinced that yes indeed, you are the kid left behind working as a janitor. It's okay little boy, discrimination against you is justified.

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

@impudent1 - Really, don't have the skills???? Show it to me honey. Japan is the world's #1 implementer of ISO27001 and BS7799 and I lived there 12.5 years. I worked with this standard there from 2003 until 2010, when I returned back to the States. Hummm... maybe there were 2 kids left behind.

@Jbfirebird: I was advised by a lawyer to keep the computer and back up the pst file as evidence, until we figure out what to do. Banks can't erase emails for 7 years. So, having the emails on the client as evidence is super necessary. Without it, true heresay. I mean, you say email is server based so... are you claiming that the emails were not downloaded to the local Outlook client? If there were true, I would have given them back their asset asap since I wouldn't have anything lol. I'm an MCSE. I know what I am doing in this area. Funny thing is... I never signed any documents with WF saying that I would return their property. They asked me to sign such documents on the first day but I never had the time to submit. They should have made me sign everything before I started work. Another HR problem. And all of their privacy documents, I never signed them either. I just never had any time. So... I never even signed a document claiming that I had recieved the computer. YA know what I mean???? In my company, my person company I own in Japan, I made sure everyone signed everything before day 1!

@Peter: Just to remind you again, yes you are an ### hat ;-P

Michael2011 Sep 19, 2011

@Peter: No meltdown. Just calling you an [censored]. If you can't handle that, I recommend www.disney.com or perhaps the Smurfs are more your style. Been reading some of your comments in other places and yep, you are the kid left behind. If you can't take it, there are other boards for ya... ;-)

jbfirebird Sep 18, 2011

if they want to get rid of the "email evidence" they dont need the computer back since emails are server based and not computer based. they obviously have access to their own email server.
    i wont even go into the fact that you are holding THEIR property hostage. have fun with the return lawsuit because you are trying to blackmail them with the property you have basically stolen.

Michael2011 Sep 18, 2011

@Brenda: And that would be...???? Give me the reason. I have been thinking about it in my mind again and again. There is no other reason. When I told Wells Fargo that I would be using their emails against them in a Racial Discrimination suit, they went bonkers trying everything they could to get the computer back. However, they don't know where I live so there is nothing they can do. When a company starts using power, instead of negociation, it usually means the claims are true. The fact that they said I could have as long as I needed in training to get the job done, and then fired me without evaluation, is all the proof I need.

@Peter: You really are an ###-hat. I spend over $10, 000 of my own money in this area and since 2004, I have grossed over $300, 000 in related work. Jealous? Don't talk too much or you will munch on your own booty! I always pay for my own training. It is apart of my professionalim. As I read your comments, I wonder if you are the child left behind. I would be worried if I were you. Discrimination against idiots and ###-hats is perfectly legal in this country. Discrimination against well educated and professional Black men is not.

Michael2011 Sep 18, 2011

Wow, I just returned here. The point I have here is this: When they did not know my race, I had plenty of work and was going to work long term. Once they knew my race, I was terminated. Everything else stayed the same. There was no evaluation of my work period. This has never happened to me. Zero. Usually, my work is evaluated, they say improve or it is satisfactory, and there is a process. This time, no process. It makes absolutely no sense. That and given that my team members live in Arizona and were all Tea Partiers, they admited this to me when they thought I was white, gives me additional reason to believe this is racism. Already submitted the computer to a lawyer and preparing for litigation.

jbfirebird Sep 12, 2011

the OP has the burden of proof since he is accusing. there are no facts, just accusations.