Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Collection Agencies Wells Fargo scam and cheating!

Wells Fargo review: scam and cheating!

A
Author of the complaint
12:00 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have two loans with Wells Fargo, both at 20.90% interest rates. I had some personal issues for a bout a month, and was not able to make any payment to them during that time. I kept in communication with them, called and got on a payment arrangement for hardship plan. I held up my end of the bargain, and was told come Jan 2008 my payments would be back to 135.00 a month, and my accounts would be current. Then I get harassing , non stop calls from the collections dept, the day after my last payment posted on this plan, and they had the nerve to tell me, THEY MESSED UP, because i was never eligible for that plan, that my credit with them wasn't that outstanding. But they said since I held up my end of the deal, they would send an email to their management, to get my account current. O.k. fine.

The next morning 12/31/07, starting at 9am, these people are calling non stop, hanging up on me when I call. I called them, spoke to a very ignorant person, who told me the calls would continue , until they fixed the problem. EXCUSE ME! I said, (by this time I am irate, have the flu, and cannot do stupid today at all)... this is your mistake, my account shows I have held up my end, and my next payment regardless if they fix or not is not due until 01/22/08! o why am I getting the harassing phone calls, I want to talk to a manager now!... The collection agent asked me why? I told him because he isn't understanding the issue I have I want a manager now... he said "CALL BACK THAN! BECAUSE I WON'T GET A MANAGER FOR THIS!... and hung up.

So in the meantime I will be fighting this with WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL... UNTIL RESOLVED... because they are so unprofessional, and ignorant. I am just in shock over this phone call and want everyone to know what kind of scam this bank is.

Thanks,
Alicia from Colorado
[protected]@msn.com

More Wells Fargo complaints & reviews

Wells Fargo - loan refinance
Wells Fargo - late payments / repo
Wells Fargo - beware of this company!
Wells Fargo - wells fargo holds insurance repair checks hostage
Wells Fargo - customer services
Wells Fargo - closed credit card acct
3 comments
E
Oct 20, 2009 4:56 pm EDT

I have ammo for you! They cancelled my checking account in 9/2006 because the "assumed" that I was kiting checks - then turned me into the DA bad check unit because the checks I had written wouldnt' clear - yet they wouldn't let me put money in or out of that account. After having several collection company contact me I thought that it was just a charge off - WRONG. I had a warrant out for my arrest - this was 6/08. So I went into the DA and paid them almost twice as much than I owed. Today is 10/20/09 and yesterday I received a letter from the collection company again stationg that I owe $432. WTF! The DA's office told me that it was illegal to collect from them and turn me into a collection agency but I have no idea what to do now.

[email protected]

J
Jul 29, 2008 11:09 am EDT

I don't doubt your comment at all. I had the same issues with Wells Fargo customer service supervisors. Please read my posting under Wells Fargo Financial. Maybe a few ten cents chaecks will get them to listen.

T
Jul 05, 2008 4:38 am EDT

wells fargo financial are a bunch of crooks. I wish I could get in touch with more people who have complaints, because I have a plan, and the more people I get the more power we have

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1562 complaints