Webroot Softwaredebited my bank account without my permission

S Review updated:

This company debited my account with out my permission. I called the phone number on my bank statement and all i get was a automated voice asking to push a number for the correct reason i am calling..all i got was a bunch of music for over an hour. I tried to go onto there website and request a refund and all i found was a bunch of other people in the same situtation. wanting there refund and as far as i can read they are still waiting..they owe me $ 31.75 and i want that refunded back to my bank account asap.
email address: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• K
      Jul 02, 2009
    Webroot software - i got a virus using webroot
    Glendale
    New York
    Phone: [protected]

I purchase webroot virus protection with spysweeper. Not only did i get a virus but webroot didn't detect it . It took AVG DETECTED THE VIRUS AND IT WAS FREE! I want a refund for the three years that I purchased on june 22, 2009 key code SSGB-ONLN-AADI-HUYF-DGDX

my name is karyn Conde, 79-33 cooper ave, glendale, ny [protected]

• P
      Aug 11, 2009
    Webroot software - received virus from download
    Pamela Lingford
    2209 S. Austin St
    Milwaukee
    Wisconsin
    Phone: [protected]

Upon downloading the Webroot from the internet I received the BLASTER WORM VIRUS. Bfore installing it I did not have a virus. I am asking for a full refund of $68.59 for the 2 year renewal and the CD of $9.45. It is costing me $259.85 to remove the virus and recall the data ruined by this virus. I purchased the program on Aug. 5, 2009 at 3:06 P.M. and installed it right after that. Invoice numbers are E000019030679 and E000019061040.

• J
      Nov 03, 2009

Hello,
    this issue was resolved on 7/3/2009 when the refund was issued. Please close this case.

• V
      Apr 19, 2010
    Webroot software - no longer use webroot on my systems
    Wisconsin

on my ppl credit card statement showed auto renewal charge $31.60 reference number MT10077102000010217487. I have not authorized this charge and have not used this product in over two years.

I'm asking for a refund on this charge and to have my personal information taken out of your records.

Regards
    Valerie Hedquist

•   Apr 19, 2010

Hi Valerie - I’m with Webroot Customer Support and am sorry to hear about this. I’d like to help you get this resolved and get the money refunded to your account. We have an auto-renewal policy which is designed to keep your computer protected by giving uninterrupted protection. With this policy, we also send out several emails in advance reminding that this will take place. Since it seems you did not receive the emails, If you could email me with your keycode I'd be happy to get this taken care of for you. [protected]@webroot.com

• V
      Apr 19, 2010

SSFD-GSTB-AADG-NXGD-PTNY, believe this is the key code that you need. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.
    Val Hedquist

• C
      Jun 25, 2010

On my credit card statement showed auto renewal charge.I have not authorized this charge and have not used this product and I already uninstalled Webroot software on my computer and change it to another antivirus software.

My key code is SSFC-ONLN-AADH-RFBA-AKBG

Carolina Valera

• C
      Jun 27, 2010

Been using Webroot antispyware/antivirus for several years. Scan every other night. Quarantine every item. Had to take my computer in to an authorized tech and lots of infections were found slowing down my computer and creating havoc with Internet Explorer and many programs!!! Now I'm trying to get a refund for a two year re-up and cannot get anyone to talk to me!!!
    Christy Medina

• B
      Mar 22, 2011
    Webroot software - unauthorized charge
    webrootsoftware, inc
    Kansas

I was charged $54.43 for Webroot Antispyware which was not authorized. I no longer own any computer that has had Webroot installed and I would like a complete refund to my checking account/debit card . Please address this immediately.

Beth E. Stegman

Mar 25, 2011

you might want to try calling their corporate office 303.442.3813

• N
      May 26, 2011

They just did the same thing to me. I put in a complaint to my bank, stating I did not authorized this. I am not going to put a complaint on the BBB. Three years ago, I authorized and got nothing, the system didn't work in my computer and they claimed they never got payment. I was stupid then, I did nothing, just took it as a lesson, but not this time. I will fight.

• D
      Sep 02, 2011
    Webroot software - Webroot Software
    Webroot Software, Inc.
    Kansas

On August 16, 2011 we were billed $43.27 for software on our credit card in which I am not aware of the charge. We no longer have any of your software on our
    computers.
    Please contact us and give us a refund.

•   Sep 02, 2011

Hi Dennis - This was mostly caused by an automatic renewal. If you could please send me your keycode and contact info to [protected]@webroot.com I can take care of this for you.

• J