Walmartvisa gift card

R

I purchased a WalMart Visa Gift Card (debit). The outside wrapping stated: Exp Date: 11/30/2010. When I opened the package the card stated: Exp Date: 12/09.
WalMart will not honor the card even though Visa states that there is still the original 50.00 on the card. I tried to contact Visa and could not get a live person, only an automated system that did not help. I would be able to report the card lost but it would cost me 5.00. Why do I have to pay 5.00 for their mistake.