Vonsgun magazines prominently displayed at the tujunga location

L

Hello,

I am a teacher for the Los Angeles Unified School district and live near and shop regularly at the Tujunga Vons location. Verdugo Hills High School is one short block away.

I think it might be time to consider ditching the gun magazines and adding some intelligent magazines like Scientific American, The Atlantic, and Stone Soup, a poetry magazine for young teens. I am sure there are others out there.

I think the Florida students are leading the way in a change in our culture and it would be awesome if corporate America did its part as well. Now is the perfect time to remove these magazines from the shelves and begin to change American culture from a gun-obsessed, fear-based culture to one in which we look up from our devices and start talking to each other again and reading intelligent materials. Perhaps your advertising department or agency can create ad ad campaign around this idea.

gun magazines prominently displayed at the tujunga location

• Ki
    Kimbap Mar 23, 2018

Gun magazines are not the problem people The Problem lies with and make no stupid mistake : it is the liberal agreement with the Deep State/ mainstream media which orchestrated these nation headline catastrophes which have mesmerized those who are easily led into believing everything they see with their eyes and hear with their ears There are other magazines in the Von's rack that can be viewed offensive but these people who think guns are a problem are on frequency they need to change because does not represent the majority of Americans who are on to their false thinking to where they claim what is RIGHT is wrong and what is wrong is right-at least in their sight.

• Ro
    Ron Hoffstein Mar 18, 2018

Suck it up, snowflakes. It is what it is.

• I agree. I have been shopping at the Montebello Vons for 6 years. I often stop at the magazine rack to look at the Car or Travel magazines. I have Never noticed any Gun magazines until last night. Now, front and center, are not 1 or 2 but 5 Gun magazines, some advertising Automatic weapons right on the cover!
    It's almost as if Vons is suddenly taking a Pro gun stance and selling More gun magazines after the latest school shooting!
    Our Children are in danger and Vons answer to this, is to buy and sell More magazines extolling the Joy of Automatic Weapons?!
    At the least, its a rather Insensitive way of reacting to the continual dangers that Guns place on our society and in our schools.
    I'd hate to think that this is a political statement by Vons. If it is, perhaps my political answer will be to shop at Albertsons or Ralphs.