Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Arts & Humanities Vons gun magazines prominently displayed at the tujunga location

Vons - gun magazines prominently displayed at the tujunga location

L
Author of the complaint
2:39 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello,

I am a teacher for the Los Angeles Unified School district and live near and shop regularly at the Tujunga Vons location. Verdugo Hills High School is one short block away.

I think it might be time to consider ditching the gun magazines and adding some intelligent magazines like Scientific American, The Atlantic, and Stone Soup, a poetry magazine for young teens. I am sure there are others out there.

I think the Florida students are leading the way in a change in our culture and it would be awesome if corporate America did its part as well. Now is the perfect time to remove these magazines from the shelves and begin to change American culture from a gun-obsessed, fear-based culture to one in which we look up from our devices and start talking to each other again and reading intelligent materials. Perhaps your advertising department or agency can create ad ad campaign around this idea.

View 0 more photos
Helpful? 0 0

More Vons complaints & reviews

Vons - they ripped me off
Vons - customer service
Vons - poor service & long lines - reseda @ nordhoff in northridge
4 comments
M
Sep 06, 2021 2:39 am

Liberals don't know how to think for themselves. They would rather listen to liberal media and blindly follow. Vons is giving people what they want. Why do you think we are allowed to have guns? Do you know how hard it is to get a gun? There is nothing wrong with protecting your family!

K
Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am

Gun magazines are not the problem people The Problem lies with and make no stupid mistake : it is the liberal agreement with the Deep State/ mainstream media which orchestrated these nation headline catastrophes which have mesmerized those who are easily led into believing everything they see with their eyes and hear with their ears There are other magazines in the Von's rack that can be viewed offensive but these people who think guns are a problem are on frequency they need to change because does not represent the majority of Americans who are on to their false thinking to where they claim what is RIGHT is wrong and what is wrong is right-at least in their sight.

R
Mar 18, 2018 2:39 am

Suck it up, snowflakes. It is what it is.

0 0

I agree. I have been shopping at the Montebello Vons for 6 years. I often stop at the magazine rack to look at the Car or Travel magazines. I have Never noticed any Gun magazines until last night. Now, front and center, are not 1 or 2 but 5 Gun magazines, some advertising Automatic weapons right on the cover!
It's almost as if Vons is suddenly taking a Pro gun stance and selling More gun magazines after the latest school shooting!
Our Children are in danger and Vons answer to this, is to buy and sell More magazines extolling the Joy of Automatic Weapons?!
At the least, its a rather Insensitive way of reacting to the continual dangers that Guns place on our society and in our schools.
I'd hate to think that this is a political statement by Vons. If it is, perhaps my political answer will be to shop at Albertsons or Ralphs.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

582 complaints