Vodacombad service

I changed my banking details online a week before the debit order went off my account. After doing this a week later Vodacom still debited the wrong account that obviously was closed and therefore they did not get paid. I called them to inform them about this and asked them to resolve the issue. A week later the issue was 'resolved'. Another week down the line I was told to pay immediately so I called informed them what happened again and was told to pay again. I paid and was told everything was OK. Later that day my phone was cut off and I called again, to be told they had no record of any calls I had made or any changes I had done. I had to resubmit all my emails which I did that evening and now I still have not had a reply and my phone is still disconnected. The staff have been rude, unhelpful and completely despondent to my problem.

• Updated by JamesRP · Aug 08, 2019

Please may somebody contact me regarding my Vodacom account thank you

james Pieters 0716147011

• Updated by Kwen'a · Aug 22, 2019

Can't get any message via Vodacom services (e-wallet) Still waiting at the Garage to fill up fuel.

• Mo
    Mokotsi t Nov 23, 2009

Mokotsi C.T
    P.O.Box 4836
    Mushung
    Cell 0721266493

• Br
    Brooke Paige Nov 23, 2009

Delete the email & do not respond!

• Mc

mnr van wyk Nov 24, 2009

let me nou about winning mony how to clam myprize 0828216116

• Kn
    Knolle Nov 25, 2009

Hi Mr Brown u sed i must contact u to claim my price

• Kn
    Knolle Nov 25, 2009

U send me a sms to tell me i won US2.8m for fifa worldcup, how do i claim the price

• Mo
    modisenyane wa Dec 14, 2009

hi mrs brown you said i must contact you to claim my price my number is 0721230942

• Od
    Odette01 Jan 22, 2010

After applying for a contract with Vodacom and receiveing a faulty cellphone which was returned, after full payment has been made, Vodacom has still not refunded this amount after 6 months and 6 different request 'loggs'. Each time this refund request has been 'logged' and I would need to wait 21 working days for this payment to clear in my account, but obviously I have waited too long, and still no payment. There is never someone spesific to talk to who can give information regarding this issue and they never get back to you one any requests.
    What else can I do to fix this?

• Wa
    warren dicks Mar 09, 2010

This happened to my girlfriend a while back.

we went to the ATM to draw cash only to discover that there was none in her account.
    we immediately went into the branch to investigate and it was brought to our attention that her vodacom account had gone off approximately four times for the same bill. An accounts person in the branch agreed to reverse the extra debits, leaving the correct amount with Vodacom.

the amount was then retuirned unpaid and has now affected her approval for a bond on a property.

even though the correct amount had gone through she is still being penalised for their mistake.

• Th
    TheCSS May 06, 2010

Second upgrade through Vodacom...Disaster, my handsets spend more time in repairs, than with me. on top of this the vendor lays the blame on me. Absolutely shocking service from the Vodacom store Hillcrest KZN...rude. obnoxious, just trying to cover their tracks, and lay the blame on the client. Begrudgingly offering a pittance of a solution that doesn't nearly equate the trouble I've gone through. Durban complaints isn't very helpful, they're basically just acting as a go between, instead of actually doing something. Since when does the customer have to be ridiculed and justify their own actions?!

• Ca
    carloscott May 18, 2010

Good day I am highly frustrated with the type of service I am getting from the vodacom group. Firstly I took out a contract with these guys insured my phone
    Happy I was until the piece of c*** broke and would not charge. As it being insured
    I returned my phone to the store to be repaired I am told this will take 14 days .They did not even have a loan phone I could use so now I am paying for a contract but no phone to use. More than 14 days later imp still have not been contacted by the store
    And still I have no phone. In response I go to the store and guess my phone was not yet there I am told we call you when it gets here. Another goes by still no phone I contact store and the repairs persons and guess what my phone has been repaired and
    Dispatched to Johannesburg and in Cape Town by mistake someone sent it to Johannesburg two weeks later I receive my phone pay my access to my insurance happy done highly upset but anyone can mistakes. Now here goes round two a week later the same problem occurs phone not charging again I return it to the store yet again I have to send it back for repairs and no loan for me. Almost now a week later
    I contact the store and repairpersons and guess what I am told the phone is beyond repairable.1 what sort of workmanship repair breaks after a week. On calling my insurance I am told I have to pay double access for what all the bad service so I have been kept sitting on the line for nearly 3 months for you guys to tell me I need to pay you guys double for bad workmanship and bad service and bad communications between store and repair centre and insurance not my problem I feel I am being cheated out of money buy you guys and feel someone or something needs to be done
    Cause I cant anymore if nothing gets done I suppose I am going to have to make this a liker tabloid storie.

• Lu
    Luker Jun 09, 2010

On the 22 September 2009 I instructed Vodacom to stop an internet contract (ref: email correspondence RONNE Luke PYROMET, 22 September 2009 and Fax: Cancellation of internet contract, 22 September 2009). Vodacom continued to bill me for the contract amount after the contract was stopped. Eventually I had the bank place a stop order on the debit order. On the 1 December 2009 not only did Vodacom send me an invoice for the full contract amount but an additional R85, and this amount has escalated since then. On the 14 January I received a warning letter outlining an amount of R504 outstanding. I replied to this notification ref: RE-Warning outstanding account-260110.doc on the 26 January 2010 informing Vodacom of the erroneous billing, with relevant documentation.Vodacom have yet to reply to any of the written correspondence I sent to them and telephonic communication was obviously not solving the problem. Samantha Petersen from Vodacom apologized and in a subsequent telephonic conversation assured me that the matter was being addressed. I thought the matter was closed and they had corrected the problem on their side. You can imagine my supprise when i recieved a letter from their lawyers with an even higher bill. This is totally unacceptable.

• Bl
    blackdogg 69 Jun 11, 2010

I feel your pain! They are the most incompetent fools on the planet!

• Gi
    Giggise Aug 20, 2010

I went to Vodaworld on Saterday and asked the lasy at Customer Care if I could go for my upgrade, she checked on the system and said yes I could go and pick a phone. I could not find anything there and decided to have a look at the shops in centurion the next day. There I was told that I was not due for my upgrade yet. When I phoned Vodacom I was told the same. Why did they give me wrong information at Vodaworld? I am so tired of Vodacom. Fisrt I lost my phone and they did not want to help me earlier and now they give me wrong info.

• Lo
    Lonesome Aug 27, 2010

I have been unable to use my 3G data card since Friday 28 August 2009. When I am able to connect its at less than 1KB, rendering the service useless. While the call centre people are all polite, they clearly have no clue what the problem is. Except that there is a problem with connectivity.

Vodacom, you are very effective at using the SMS service to advise me of things when it suits you, but in this case nothing. I believe that as a customer I should be advised what is happening, and given a time frame when it will be resolved. Your constant messages on the 082 number that there is a problem, tell me nothing I don't know already.

I am tempted to find a way out of the 24 month deal with you, and I am sure others probably feel the same way.

At the very least, I will lodge a complaint with the telecomms regulator, for what its worth, and hopefully you get the fines I have read about recently.

You should realise that you have competitors, and that people like me who are usually brand loyal customers will go them if not treated with respect.

Sakaliko Sep 01, 2010

In response 2 reply from Vodacom 's Rashieda Jattiem, thanks for responding 2 my previous complaint. I have since cancelled my contract with vodacom due 2 the bad service experienced at Vodashop Cresta. When I cancelled the contract I asked for proof of cancellation, I was given a report on the transaction on which I could see that my request to activate 2 the correct number I made on Monday 31 Aug was only requested by them on the thursday around 12h, almost 3 days later. They made a mistake in the first place & then waited almost 3 days 2 put in the request 2 correct it & that was after I have informed them already telephonically & via email that I was going 2 cancel the contract. My number has been deactivated by vodacom since & will now take even longer 2 reconnect to cell c. Worst of all is even though it was their mistake, except for the apologetic salesperson, no one at the store said they were sorry, no one responded to my mail and no one contacted me 2 inform me of any reason why it was taking longer. I also find it unacceptable of management to laugh at customers behind their backs for getting upset when they failed to deliver a service, its rude & unprofessional!!!

Chakinsh Sep 01, 2010

Your 3G service is a disgrace. This complaint, like the countless i have left with call centers will no doubt fall on deaf ears. Vodacom has grown to the size where it no longer needs to listen to complaints of its so called valued clients! I can get online maybe 35% of the time. I only work on Prepaid data bundles to avoid signing yet another contract with you. When the bundles run out, i get no notice or warning, and my airtime is happily eaten away at your OUTRAGEOUS and INFLATED out of bundle rates. To see R900.00 go down into the mysterious pool of unexplained billing in one week is just a reminder that when a company reaches the size of Vodacom, it no longer is accountable to the complaints if its so called valued customers. I have been using this service for three years. After this last week of loosing countless working hours to down time, i have but the bullet and decided that even TELKOM, is a better option than this rip off service that does not deliver and charges me a fortune to wait around and pray that South Africa's leading telecommunications company might actually deliver a service worth 1% of what it charges for. Its an Absolute DISGRACE! Shame on you.

• Lo
    Lotay Sep 01, 2010

I entered into a data bundle contract for 1Gig.I exceeded it and heavily paid but sussequently increased to 5Gigs. Since OctNov 2008 I did not use all the 5Gigsbut not more than 2Gigs up to May 2009 so have lost almost 21Gigs. In June 2009 (paid in July) I used in excess of 5Gigs and heavily charged almost R11685 in July 2009 (paid in Aug) I was also heavily charged almost R6000. Noting the 21Gigs I have lost I regard this as a blatent Ripoff. I just want a refund, and I hope that the management of Vodacom will consider this communication important.

• Or
    Orvure Sep 06, 2010

I went to Vodashop Cape Gate to enquire about a data package that included a laptop. I told the consultant that I am an exsisting contract holder of Vodacom and would like to add this data package, so I had to apply for it. He then told me in a couple of hours it will be approved or denied. 3 hours later I called and asked them if it was approved. Liesl answered the phone and told me that it will take at least 24hrs. The next morning I called and Stefan told me that they have a backlog and it will take a week.

I was in the area and went to the shop and within minutes they then told me that it is approved. I pointed out the laptop that I want, but as my luck goes it is out of stock. I asked them when they will get the stock in and he told me latest on Thursday (next day) I then called in the morning and Stefan answered and said that it normally takes a week for the stock to arrive. I then called 5 hours later and Liesl answered the Phone telling me the stock did not arrive yet and that she has no idea when it will arrive.

• Su
    Suina Sep 07, 2010

I can't log onto any sites using Vodacom 3G. The service is so slow and pathetic!!!

• Te
    terryleann Sep 07, 2010

I purchased a blackberry on the 19th June 2010 through a Vodacom Weekender Package. Unfortunately the phone I received that day lasted 12 days after being switched onto the system/network/fully functional, and it went in for repairs for +- 3 weeks on the 4th July 2010 for display (only) )(it should also have been for power). After much bickering, I received what Vodacom likes to call an “exchanged refurbished” handset (in other words a second hand blackberry) which was also faulty and then had to go in for repairs on the 17th August 2010. I received another “exchanged refurbished” handset after that, which also then had to go in for repairs on the 1st September 2010. I’ve gone through 3 blackberry’s already, expecting the 4th, perhaps I will get it by the end of this week, who know. I’ve asked them repeatedly for a new phone, but they deny over and over again.

- why do you not allow them to give their customers brand new blackberry phones it their customer has had so many issues with in a time period of 2 and half months

- why have I been advised that no matter how many times I bring the blackberry in for repairs, be it 10 or 18, I still will not receive a new fully functional phone, and I still have to pay for the contract when I don’t even have the phone

i've heard the 7 day return story far too many times, but does sending a phone back 3 times and getting 3 second hand phones in place of your original brand new handset also not constitute that you should get a new out of the box phone for all the inconvenience and trouble caused?

• Go
    Goodit Sep 13, 2010

First it was the N95, then the HTC P4350, now the new Blackberry 8520. In about two years, this will be the third time I am being told that there's no stock. I phoned 8 Vodashops yesterday, and was eventually told by the upgrade department that there will be stock available today. I now phoned, and am told that all the stock has already been allocated, and that I'll have to wait for the next shipment beginning of next month. Last night I again saw the add for the Blackberry. How can you advertise something you have no stock of?! The Blackberry, the iPhone, the Samsung Star, and more. All popular phones, that you're advertising, that you have(had) no stock of. Plan better, or stop the false advertising. I was planning on cancelling the contract, but the Blackberry deal convinced me otherwise. Seeing as there's no blackberry, I guess my mind's been made up for me. If I still wanted to upgrade, I'd have to pay now, and then wait until you eventually have stock, which could take weeks. That's ridiculous.

Chapion Sep 14, 2010

Ever since I ported to the Vodacom network, I've had endless problems that eventually were fixed - so I bared inconvenience but I've just had enough.

I still can't access the Internet with my phone. I called Customer Care to report my problem and the agent didn't know what to do - in fact she was somewhat rude and uncooperative asking me what I'd like her to do about my problem... I suppose fixing my problem didn't seem obvious?

I have the settings, my phone works, but on a web connect I get the error that the data packet isn't available and that it's a temporarily network problem -- for a week! I did connect once before but not since then. Vodacom has such bad service I wished I stayed with my previous network!

• Do
    Dotson Sep 15, 2010

I was told that vadacom was the best to take out a contract with. Upon filling the required forms and submitting i was told this was approved and when the sales consultant looked for the phone he was told there is no stock. so he told me i can have it about a week later. A week later when i called i was told that stock is still not available This is absolute nonsense. Why does vodacom advertise when they have no stock? I have given them my banking details now i have concidered going to another service provider who does things the correct way how do i know my details will be secure. I am very disappointed in Vodacom. I have always told people that i enjoyed having vodacom network and they should try it. But now i think i have to state otherwise.The service at vodacom is pathetic.

• Ku
    Kubim Sep 16, 2010

I noticed on my statements that Vodacom has been charging me for those look4me, etc... services for the last 2 years. No where did I accept any or sign any agreement to enable those services.

I phoned Vodacom and informed them of this, they immediately canceled the services and sent me an SMS that they will investigate this and that someone will get back to me within 24 hours. Well it is now 48 hours later and still no-one has come back to me.

Please people check your Vodacom statements... they are taking all of us for a ride. I would love for Vodacom to present me with the signed contract where I agreed to these services. Being a big corporate they don't give a *** about us, as long as they sucker us out of our money.

• Xr
    Xrenman Sep 20, 2010

I have already followed this matter up with the Vodacom customer care centre. However, I am not satisfied with the conditions of the use and purchase of data bundles. The bundle expires at the end of the following month. If I buy a bundle the last day of the month, it expires at the end of the next month. In effect that bundle only lasts a month and a day. Surely a more equitable solution would be for the bundle to be valid for 60 days from purchase?

My use is varied and I am sometimes out the country for a while on short notice. This means that any unused data expires and I am unable to use what I have paid for (stoleninvalidated by Vodacom). Data does not “expire” like some perishable goods!

When I buy prepaid airtime to convert to a data bundle the amounts available at various outlets do not coincide with the cost of the cost of bundles. This means that the airtime is unused unless I take the sim card out of the modem and place it in my cell phone (which has its own sim card on cantract). So Vodacom has my money and I am unable to effectively use the product that I have paid for.

• Ru
    Rudkine Sep 21, 2010

4 hours were wasted at Vodaworld to upgrade and renew contract. The centre at Midrand was visited on Saturday 3 October 2009. The Vodaworld attendant was disinterested, unsmiling and clearly hates his job. After standing in a queue for very long we were unable to get a brochure as Vodaworld only had one copy. Only one phone was available but sadly again we couldn't view it and was referred to another shop of the supplier. Coming back we again had to queue and when we finally got to the front of the queue, the attendant advised that they were out of stock.Does the above indicate complacency on Vodacom's part to service the needs of the customer? If Saturday is an example as to how customers are treated at Vodacom's flagship operation, then the answer must surely be yes.

• He
    Henrove Sep 21, 2010

Two and a half months ago I used this forum to complain about Vodacom's 3G service. I received a cut and paste response that they would respond to my complaint. To date I have heard nothing from them. I am keeping a record of every 3G problem I encounter, which I will forward to ICASA. My phone contract is up for renewal and I'm seriously considering moving over to their competitors. As for my 3G contract, which Vodacom is in breach of, I will cancel my debit order. I am absolutely certain, that they will contact me then.

• Me
    Meskntine Sep 23, 2010

On the 25th August 2009 i applied online for a samsung star special they had for R89 per month the application went well and i get an email to confirm application successful a week later i get a call confirming the application.two weeks after i applied still no phone i try calling their call centre to confirm or query the contract .the call centre agents transfers you to every one accept the correct department and their attitude stinks.I try calling to cancel the application thinking if this is their pre sale service how is their after sale service i dont want to deal with them any more i get put on hold for 45 minutes eventually i get a emial address who i then mail to cancel this was on the 17th sept 2009 on the 25th sept my account is debted without my knowledge and no phone ! HOW CAN THEY TAKE MY MONEY WITHOUT DELIVERY !!!I DONT WANT THE PHONE yet after they take my money they deliver and i dont want the phone anymore now i am trying to get my money back spoke to three departments and get transferred all over accept to the correct place where i can get my money REIMBURSED !!!

• St
    Strizhnikov Sep 23, 2010

I took out a contract on 4 October at the Vodashop in Cresta Centre. I migrated my number from Virgin Mobile and received all the necessary sms's relating to this and provided the 'sales person' with the pin number sent to me. I also received a confirmation that the porting request was authorised. My sim card is still inactive today. I went to Vodashop on Monday afternoon and was advised that it would be done on the 6th. It is now the 8th and I still do not have use of my phone. I have logged a query via the vodacom4me site on 6th but from past experience I know that it is unreliable. I have not had any feedback regarding my query. They also seem to ignore the fact that you request them to contact you via email.

So far the only good thing about this experience was the Sales person completing the paperwork but from the time that I had to pay at the counter it has only gone downhill. The Manager is extremely rude and needs some training regarding Customer Service. I should have looked at all the other Customer complaints and possibly taken my business elsewhere.

• Cr
    Crabomir Sep 23, 2010

I contacted the call centre in July to change the email address at which I receive statements and itemised billing for my 3 accounts since I was changing jobs. I called in August to tell them that I did not receive my statements and AGAIN gave my new address. When I did not receive statements in September I called AGAIN. At their request, I faxed written instruction to them which was signed and had a copy of my ID attached asking them to change my email address.

This month I AGAIN got no statements or itemised billing from them. When I called this morning, after holding for 18 minutes, Cynthia said that she can't help me, and that they cannot re-send this information to me! It is my account, why not? I cannot get the statements or itemised billing, but they will definitely debit my bank account, and CHARGE me each month for itemised billing!

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that the supervisor does not take calls!

• Al
    Alivole Sep 23, 2010

After my last month with Vodacom I decided to cancell my Vodasure insurance with them. I phoned and they send through a form I must fill in and fax back to them. I filled it in and faxed it back to them and phoned them to make sure they got it.

A Page Shabalala picked up the phone, but sounded like my phonecall woke her up. She was yawning whils I was talking to her and wasn't very friendly. Out of interest, I asked her if I would be billed for the whole month even though I cancell it now. She said yes. I asked her why a few times and try to explain my reason for thinking it's unfair. 'Aggg, it's like that. What can we say.' was her response. How the hell can you put someone with that attitude and 'expertise' at the phone??? This is how a 'provesional company' work???

I also want to know, why do you get charged a monthly subscribtion when your line is cut? It's not like you use it, is it?!?!?!? Please get back to me on this one!!! I would love to hear your reasoning on this!!!

• Ba
    Bask Sep 28, 2010

I'm getting sick of this now, and i have to complain again!! First i struggle just to get hold of someone to help then finally after more than a week i get a reply and the contract has been approved but now you don't have stock of the phone?!? You don't have stock of a phone that you keep advertising non-stop? Why put so many ads out on tv and on the back of magazines and then have no stock??!!?? And you can't even tell me when you will get stock? I went to voda-world and they had but you can't give me one?? Tell me why i should move to vodacom really now? You screw up every little task!!So if i finally move to vodacom and i have a problem do i have to wait forever for an answer too? Come on now, i ask for a phone, you'd get a new customer but you still mess me around? You have 1 more chance or i'll move on to MTN.Whats another week wait if i'm guaranteed service?

• Ar
    Artolle34 Sep 28, 2010

I handed my cell in for repairs last week after the Job wheel they need to replace was ordered and it arrived. About 2 hours later I received a sms that my phone was ready. I went to fetch it only to discover they are still busy with it and I have to wait another 30mins. Then when they gave it to me the scroll problem was fixed but now the job wheel was not selecting anymore! They re-booked it in and four days later (yesterday) I again received a sms that is was ready. I went to fetch it and yet the problem was not fixed, Needless to say that it was booked back again for repairs. Don't they test the handset's after they have fixed it? This is really frustrating!!!

• St
    Stoklplme Sep 30, 2010

On 27 April 2009 I upgraded to the Sony Ericsson C905. The phone was hardly one month old when I handed in for repairs on 23 May 2009. The problem was that the display was blank and there was no backlight. On the 06 June 2009 Vodacare returned the phone to me. On 10 October 2009 I handed the phone back in for repairs, again for the same problem and only four months after it had been “fixed”. I requested that the phone be replaced with a brand new one, but the store manager told me that this is only done after the fourth time. I fail to understand why I cannot get a new phone. The phone has been handed back to Vodacare for the same problem and this is clearly an indication that they can’t fix the problem.

• Im
    Imbippe Oct 04, 2010

I applied online for my contract 3weeks ago but still have not received my phone.

• Lu
    Luber Oct 06, 2010

I cannot believe the shocking experience I have just had with Vodacare. On the 7th of October I handed my phone in to Vodacare Sandton. I waited over 30 minutes for service. Eventually, Thabani told me my phone was still under warranty and should be fixed in two days.

Days later I received an SMS telling my I needed to pay because my battery warranty had expired (Thabani had told me the opposite). I waited over 2 weeks for my phone to be repaired.

Eventually when I pick up my phone I find out that they have WIPED THE ENTIRE THING - every single contact I have built up over the years, every picture I have taken, every important SMS I saved - EVERYTHING IS GONE!

I complained formally, and today I received a very rude phonecall from Vodacom. The lady who phoned said: 'Did you receive a piece of paper when you handed in your phone.' Before I had a chance to reply she continued... 'on that piece of paper it says that Vodacom is not liable for any loss or damage.' That's it - no 'Sorry', no explanation - nothing.

I will never recover some of the things I had on my phone. Photographs, business contacts, friends details.

How dare Vodacom be so rude when it was their fault!

• My
    Myfred Oct 12, 2010

I sent in my phone, which was still under the 2 year warranty, because the flip no longer responded to the phone. When you book the phone in, it clearly says, all incidents will be dealt with in 24 hours, except for high level cases which will have a TAT of 7 days. I thought ok lets see. 7 days went by, and I heard nothing about the phone. 2 weeks went by, still heard nothing. 3 weeks - nothing! Eventually, I phone them, to find out. They tell me that the phone is physically damaged and that I must pay for the repair. Since the quote was exhorbitant (3 hours labour quoted to change a flap that would take 20 mins) I asked them to requote. 4 weeks go by, hear nothing. 5 weeks go by still nothing! I phone them. They say the technician has agreed to reduce quote but they couldn't tell me by how much, they would have to wait for the part to arrive(5 weeks down the line when TAT is 7 days?) I said fine, but DONT go ahead until you tell me price. 6 weeks go by, still nothing from them, phone agian, they say: oh, phone has been ready for a few days - did no one call you? No one called me ONCE in the entire 7 week time, nor did they phone to get go ahead on new price. Shocking!

• Me
    Meskno Oct 13, 2010

I have been receiving promo sms's from Vodacom almost on a daily basis. It is annoying. It started after I entered in a competition on their Vodacom4me website. On the entry there was a box that you could tick, that would give them permission to send promo's and other info to your phone. I DID NOT TICK THE BOX.

Therefore they have been blatantly sending me spam without my consent. As far as I know this is against the law. I have even tried stopping the sms's by replying with whatever word they give you at end of the sms (e.g. STOP or SMS OUT). But they still keep sending it.

• Ho
    Hoodloom Oct 13, 2010

I have complained about the service with regards to my phone on SO many occasions now that I cannot even count. NOTHING has happened. I receive a TEMPLATE response (which I expect to receive in response to this complaint) as if it is automated. Do you people even READ the complaints? And if so, how about FOLLOW UP? I am disgusted at the level of 'service' I have 'received' from Vodacom. And I, as a PAYING cutomer, seem to have no rights. This is serious BREACH OF CONTRACT!!! I STILL have no use of the phone I am PAYING FOR!!! What on Earth am I paying you for Vodacom????????? You are ******** my money and taking NOTHING in return. Thanks for NO compensation. Disgusting.