viv3 ltd acai berry detox and life cleansescam on terms and conditions

I've just been reading the various posts here regarding the scam by viv3 to charge "free trial" subscribers credit cards every 30 days if the 'subscription' is not cancelled by telephone. This has prompted me to consider the technicalities under which this 'agreement' must surely be broken? When subscribing to or purchasing any product online, the 'terms and conditions' are prompted in an information box whereby the subscriber/purchaser must agree to accept those conditions before proceeding with the purchase. This has not been the case for viv3 which means those who availed of the free trial did so in good faith and were never given the option to accept their terms and conditions - one being that they will not refund customers who seek a refund in "bad faith". Therefore, surely since in bad faith they declined to give those free trial subscribers the opportunity to accept terms and conditions, they must provide a refund in good faith? I will be cancelling my subscription by telephone first thing tomorrow and if they have charged my credit card, I will be pursuing a refund under the technicality that I never ticked any boxes to agree to their terms and conditions of purchase in the first place.

• Da
    Daria_Toronto Sep 08, 2009

Jennifer,

I was in touch three times today with viv3 talking to their customer service about the $266.22 I was charged on August 31, 2009 for their supplements. Customer Service is useless! I only found their number by copying the charge from my online credit card statement, entering it into google, and coming across THIS site with all kinds of complaints against them. I didn't even know the company's NAME before today. Order a free sample online, pay for shipping, sounds legit to me! What a sucker I am!

On the phone with them today, 3 times I said I was charged for something I didn't authorize and 3 times I was told that I needed to have cancelled within 15-days of the online order being placed. What? Where was that written? Where did I agree to that? On here, I learned their customer service # and a link to their customer service statement which says you have 30 days to get your money back. I'm within the 30 days so I want my money back.

I keep getting the runaround.

VISA is useless.

I can't afford $266 a month to a scam company!

Surely someone should be able to help?!

• Ag
    agarrett Oct 02, 2009

So if any one has given their card what can they do? do they cancel it if you ring them within 15 days? What if some of the people reading this are over the 15 days like jennifer?

• Ha
    haddy Oct 03, 2009

i was charged £78:80 *2 for a free sample online and it didnt say anthing about dis charged but i most get my money back and i will make so i get watchdog to dis .

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Oct 03, 2009

is it just me or is it disgusting that this complaints website is running ads for Acai Berry in between posts?

if the company doesn't stop billing, have your card number changed. make sure you call the company & get cancellation numbers so if they do manage to keep billing, you can do a chargeback on the transaction with your credit card company. get the name of the agent you speak with, a cancellation number, their employee number, the actual name of the company they work for & also ask for an email (but don't hold your breath for it). oh and don't yell at your bank about this - it's not their fault.

• Vl
    Vlademir 18 Nov 22, 2009

Hi all!
    They cancelled my account in no time. Just stay on the line as it can take several minutes till they answer, but the call is for free so no problem!
    Try this number: + 44 [protected]