Viking River Cruisesromantic danube

P Nov 03, 2018

Cruise Romantic Danube
Date October 19 2018
Ship Viking Tor

My friend and I have just returned from the above river cruise and sadly to say it was not the holiday you advertised. Your firm has had knowledge of the low water levels for a few months now but continue to charge full price for an experience you cannot fulfil.

We were given 12 hours prior to our flight, to decide whether we cancelled with full refund or continue with our holiday plans, being offered 25% off our next booking. Had we have known the full implications of how our cruise would be affected our decision may have been very different. As such, we ended up with a "cruise" that really wasn't a cruise and, we believe, no where near being value for the money paid and that the information you provided in order for us to make a decision was limited if not deceitful. The offer of 25% Is simply touting for future business and not offering any recompense for the disruption and disappointment felt by your customers who ended up in 3 ships, many long bus journeys
and only had 4 daylight hours of river cruising in one week!

The excursions, the ships themselves and the staff we have no complaints about they provided excellent service, a special mention to Daniel, Tour Director. Until the last day, Daniel had gone by this time, the organisation of our transfer to the air port was poor and left us with a hair raising drive through Budapest and only managing to catch the plane, with the assistance of the Viking Rep, as it was being boarded. We had no apology for the lateness of this transfer from the staff on the Viking Var when I had approached them a few times with my concerns they left me feeling as if I was making "a fuss over nothing" A very stressful end to a disappointing holiday.

We do not wish to accept the 25% offered (as we have no intention of ever travelling with you again) but would appreciate it as a monetary token acknowledging the disruption caused to our holiday.

We would appreciate your swift response to our issues and confirmation of your suitable recompense for this appalling service,

Yours Pat McGregor

RESOLVED

• Viking River Cruises's response · Nov 05, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ms. McGregor. We’re sorry to hear that your cruise was affected by low water levels on the river. Although options and alternative accommodations were offered to you, we understand your disappointment and have forwarded your comments to our UK office. We appreciate your patience while they arrange to contact you, and wish you a lovely day.