Vestiaire Collectiveshipping fees and duty taxes

M Oct 29, 2018

I purchased a pair of used Stella McCartney Binx loafers for £240 on 09/10/2018 (Ref 1886307). The website provided the option of £20 shipping fees as flat rate and advised the item would be shipped from Hong Kong to Paris for Quality Control then shipped to London from London. I also received an email which stated I had free shipping offer which would end on 12/10/2018 but this was incorrect as I was charged £20 upon checkout. I was not given the option to choose to pay the flat rate or import duty tax instead.
The item arrived in the UK and I was charged £158 import duty taxes. They did not advise of this anywhere on their website. My invoice is marked as £0.00 for Import duties and taxes. I have my email confirmation.
Logically, I assumed the £20 shipping fee was to cover Paris to London as per the email I received stated (which is excessive anyway). I contacted their support team and was advised to reject the item if I didn't want it anymore and have it relisted.
I have contacted support on several occasions and this has not been resolved yet.
I am now out of pocket for £260 and still do not have the item.
Customer support has been terrible and I am tired of going back and forth as it is a waste of my time and energy. I would just like a refund. I don't want the item anymore as it is not worth the time and money. It has caused me distress and anxiety.
This is an error on the part of Vestaire Collective and making me pay for their error is completely FOUL!!! Why do I have to pay for the oversight of the website? I don't believe these problems still happen in 2018. I have been trying to find if there is a regulator who they can be reported to. This is wrong!
Invoice showing import duty cost and tax as well free shipping offer and confirmation emails attached.