Verizon Wirelessfailure to waive early termination fee

So I've been looking to get an iPhone and get out of the 1.5 years I have left with Verizon. I stumbled onto this forum looking for a way out. Sure enough I read this clip out of the Customer Agreement and I saw a light at the end of the tunnel:

Our Rights to Make Changes

Your service is subject to our business policies, practices and procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY SENDING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR TO THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER WE SEND NOTICE OF THE CHANGE.

After reading this I looked at my bill as of July 1st, 2009, Verizon has raised their Administrative charges from $0.85 up to $0.92. To me this qualified as a price increase. What follows is my ordeal with Verizon. If you don't want to read the rest of this- the answer is No, I wasn't able to get out of the ETF.

1. Called Verizon and spoke with a woman named Africa (no joke). I explained the situation and the price increase and informed her of the customer agreement. She replied saying that the Administrative Charge was a tax and there was nothing Verizon could do about it. First problem, I believed her. I then complained about the GPS being locked (I've got an Omnia). Got nowhere... 30 minutes later I was off the phone. I then went to Verizons website and saw their explanation of charges that states:

"Administrative Charge, helps defray certain costs we incur, currently including (i) charges we, or our agents, pay local telephone companies for delivering calls from our customers to their customers, (ii) fees and assessments on network facilities and service, and (iii) certain costs and charges associated with proceedings related to new cell site construction. Please note that these are Verizon Wireless charges, not taxes."

2. Realizing she either lied to me or doesn't know what she is talking about I called up VZ again. Explained the situation again to another guy who said it was a tax. I told him to look it up under explanation of charges. He said he couldn't find any explanation of charges (WTF?)... Finally, he talked to his supervisor and was given a copy of them (easily available on their own website). After reading it he said it looks like you are right, let me put you on hold.

After 15 minutes he came back and said he could not waive the ETF because his supervisor said the price change had to be more than one dollar a month... Basically his supervisor was throwing BS out there, so I asked to talk with her. She explained very confidently that it is a Verizon policy that the price change has to be more than one dollar per month to qualify for a waive on the ETF. I asked her if it says that in the Customer Agreement. Yep, she says. I ask her if she is looking at it and where it says that (I had the agreement up on my screen). Her response- at the bottom of the page. I asked how many paragraphs up from the bottom? "I'm sorry sir, I'm not actually able to look at the customer agreement, but it is in there and it's towards the bottom."

(Blood pressure rising). One minute she tells me she is reading it, the next minute she says that she can't pull up her own companies customer service agreement? Are you joking. I asked for a different manager. She said she was the only one there. She then assured me that she was right and since it didn't qualify for the dollar increase I'd be charged the full ETF. She told me I could send a fax over to Verizon Customer Correspondence... a fax. I asked for a phone number. "I'm sorry sir, they don't have a phone number." Before my heart explodes I end the phone call.

3. Third times I charm... I officially hate Verizon. I talk to a woman, who after getting my name and number immediately puts me on hold for 10 minutes. I explain the situation and she says, that she will credit me the $0.07 difference for the next 6 months. She says this way there won't be an "material adverse effect" and there fore I didn't qualify for the ETF. Long story short, I speak with the manager, who effectively says the same thing. I told them I don't want the credit, but I want my ETF waived, like it says in the customer agreement. No can do she says.

It's quite obvious that customer service and customer agreements for that matter don't mean much to Verizon. Their priorities lie in nickel and diming the customer, probably hoping they won't notice or they won't call back if they get disconnected while on the phone with customer service (happened once already today).

I hope someone has more luck that me. At this point, I'm thoroughly sickened by Verizons greed and I'll be picking up an iPhone later today.

• Na
    Nana Roth Apr 12, 2017

I lost got sick went on medical leave lost track.After they shut me off I did`nt know the bill was still going, then the new company took over the bill doubled.I owe 1100.00 now.

Chuck Romaine Aug 31, 2016

I had Verizon FIOS (internet only) service at home for approxiamately two years. When FIOS TV became available in my area I signed up for Triple Play (internet, TV, phone). Price was competitive and service quality was good. However, billing department could not get it right. I received 2 bills every month. One was the same I had been receiving for FIOS internet only and a new one for FIOS "double play" (TV and phone only). The problem was that they charged me more for the "double play" than what I was quoted for the "triple play" plus the internet only bill. I tried for months to straighten it out, all kinds of promises were made, however, they never fixed the billing. Eventually, I stopped paying the second bill, and eventually they turned off my phone and TV. When they realized their billing error they would turn my phone and TV back on. After one year, I cancelled both accounts. They still show me owing almost a thosand dollars in unpaid bills. By my calculations we are even now. I wonder if any of this (double billing) is done intentionally to rip off those who can't be bothered with checking or disputing their billing. Anyone else out there with a similar experience?

• Wi
    Wings4444us Aug 26, 2016

After paying my Verizon over the phone on their IVR system, (over $300.00 for 3 smart phones) I checked my bank account and the payment was debited BUT then a few hours later Verizon took out the SAME amount again that I just paid using what they code as an E Check...I DID NOT authorize them to access my account and I DO NOT have auto pay set up. They did this on their own. I contacted the bank and it has been turned over to their FRAUD Dept. Verizon's response to me was "maybe I should change my bank account"...Seriously that was their response. I am still pending the return of my money and if they do not return it then I will notify the Attorney General. It seems to me there is ENOUGH complaints of "Fraudulant Activity" by Verizon to have them investigated. Maybe we need to BLAST Facebook and Twitter with WARNINGS against Verizon Wireless...their business practices should be Illegal!!!

• Sh
    Shublet Aug 26, 2016

On March 10, we arrived home to find our line had no dial tone. After 6 days, and many delays and reschedules, Verizon got our phone service back.Then, our DSL service was unavailable. We used many cell phones minutes to fight with verizon. WE waited and wasted a weekend. We have been dealing with Vera Gonzales. We have been offered $28.00 for our lack of a phone, and $10 for our lack of a DSL line. Now the airport in my laptop has to be reconfigured. We will once again be routed to the Philippines or somewhere else where it is difficult to understand the Tech. I am certain this will take hours. Can you give me any reason to stay with Verizon as a customer. My magicjack is already plugged in. I cannot possibly get worse service.

• Je
    jennifer78 Aug 22, 2016

I have been a verizon customer for years. We started by having a home phone. Then in January we bundled the internet and the phone together. That was the biggest mistake of our lifes. Our home phone would ring at all hours with someone elses computer dialing up. We called verizon many many times and then finally had to disconnect the phone.
    We kept the internet however it has been the worst service that i have ever had. The internet would go down on a daily basis. We would call verizon and stay on the phone for hours and hours ( nightly basis) We would have to reboot the system and go through many steps to have it up and running. We would talk to supervisor due to the customer service reps that answered the phone didn't even speak english.
    Then finally the last straw I was on the phone for almost two hours and all the supervisor could say was that a tech would come out the house. I advised them the last time that a tech was suppose to come out they never showed up and the supervisor laughed. VERIZON HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE WORST SERVICE.

• To
    Tom Vaughn Aug 15, 2016

Looking at the details of my bill because it had jumped from $138 to $154, and my plan is not to change, Once I found this ESBI I called the 800 number they claimed that I had called or went on the website; "usprizedraw.com" on July 18, bille on the 23rd, and bill ed again on the 23rd of Aug. After thinking about it, July 18th I was packed and heading south for Myrtle Beach SC, so it definitely wasn't me???? I was given a cancellation number, should I be calling Verizon with this number?

• He
    hello20 Aug 15, 2016

I went to SouthR idge mall shopping and was stopped by a representative of verizon I thought. I just wanted to try verizon services and I was told I could receive a phone for 30 days without cost. I got two phones and used them only 3 times and returned them within the 30 days.

When I returned them I found out that the koisk's in the mall were not really verizon reps they are using the verizon name. The phones were turned in. One of the workers after I turned the phones in added another line and used the phones for a month. Now I'm being harressed by verizon for payment.

I notified the fraud department twice with no help from. Now they say I owe $700.00
    dollars. Again, the phones were turned in.

Why is verizon using the mall and letting others use their name for selling of cell phones.

Verzion will not listen to what I'm saying they just want the money for the bill that the worker added and used for a month. I need help in this matter.

• Ce
    Cell phone expert Aug 15, 2016

You would have to be careful when dealing with 3rd party vendors who would just use the Verizon Brand. These places are not Verizon and would have their own rules and regulations.

• Br
    braschef Aug 04, 2016

My wife was suddenly unable to access her Email from her tablet and phone. She called Verizon support to correct the problem, but when the agent got through she couldn't send or receive her Email at all. After 2 weeks and being bounced around to 17 different agents, she 's no better off than she was last week! The last one was a SUPERVISOR who was rude and full of excuses. Verizon is the worst company we've ever had to deal with. They have no problem getting your bill sent out, but fixing your problem isn't at the top of their list. I've tried to find a Verizon manager or official to file a complaint, but they can't be contacted. We called a corporate number in N.Y., but had to record a message explaining our issue which of course went unanswered. Apparently they don't care either! Management contacts have been insulated from their customer service contacts. All you can talk to is the same group that haven't helped in the first place! I have no doubt that that is exactly as they want it! Politicians call it plausible deniability! "I wasn't aware of that problem" is their standard answer. A rating of 1 is too high! We'll be cancelling as soon as we use the payment we sent is used up. I think all the 5 star reviews are from Verizon management or people paying their bill. Stay away! When it works it's OK, but when you need help and repair, FORGET ABOUT IT! UPDATE: This is day18 and still no help! The last agent contact was 2 days ago. Their customer service rating is a pack of business bull****!

• Sj
    s.johnson Aug 04, 2016

some how verizon keeps downloading, at a price, the internet security suite to my personal computer..with a notice to install the download, which was never ordered...when i tryed to talk to someone with a heartbeat, i was told my call would be answered in the order in which it was placed.. after 45 min. i was disconected.. i tryed for 3 yes 3 hours to get through.. great service huh..to get through to a live person i had to tell them i had a phone problem, ans she patched me to a person that told me not to worry they would take care of this problem. o boy ! i can not wait till i get the next bill.. this is what verizon calls customer service, i am glad they don't run the local ambulance or hospital... s johnson

• Valerie Aug 04, 2016

What most consumer don't realize is that Verizon and other mobile providers don't have to have the last saying regarding the contract.

I read many complaints here about VZW (I wrote one too) because of their lack of customer service. Well, you can even have a 2 year contract and then cancel after 3 months without paying the early termination fee. How? Very easy. By law, cellular phone providers cannot charge you if you reside in an area where service is not provided.
    Get an address or po box in some town not covered by their service (see their service map coverage in their website, hint, most of Alaska is not served), do a change of address with Verizon or whoever. Do a temporary change of address with USPS to forward the mail to your current address (temporary USPS will not notify mailers of the forwarding address). Live happily every after.

• Sh
    shrikant b sawant Jul 28, 2016

wireless card never worked hence 4 time complaint.however nothing happened.still they want service fees ans early termination fees.

• In
    Inaoy Jul 26, 2016

It has taken the better part of a week that our business has been without e-mail or internet service.

• Ol
    Olpake Jul 26, 2016

I tried to transfer service to my new home and the employee I spoke with told me that Verizon does not have service in that area and so they would waive my cancellation fee and put a note in the system for when the final bill came to make sure it was waived. When the final bill came I called as instructed to make sure fee was waived and that employee told me they were not able to waive the fee. The business should not have people giving out different information to customers- so they don't end up making customers upset by promising a lower bill.

• Gr
    Griperrr Jul 26, 2016

I had the SAME EXACT problem!! I griped about this at Gripebox.com!!

• Ri
    Ripped off again and again Jul 20, 2016

Just got a bill from NSA for a Verizon Wireless bill, I canceled the account after numerous attempts to get Verizon to fix a problem of no service, dropped calls, phone turning off and on by itself, no luck. Was told by Verizon to turn phones on and I should sell my account to someone else. Love how the customer has to fulfill the contract term but Varizon does not. They are forcing me to continue to pay them for nothing, and now send the scamming dogs after me, we citizens have no protection at all. Isn't it great how our government bails everyone who is ripping us off with our money and continues to allow then to abuse us. Land of the free, ya right!

• Us
    U.should.care Jul 20, 2016

Lures a customer into purchasing an IPhone and after signing you up, tells you they have no stock and will OVERNIGHT you a phone. They did not OVERNIGHT ship a phone so I refused the order. I will not do business with a company that misleads/misrepresents what kind of service they give. If more customers stand up, perhaps they will stop this practice. My advice to VERIZON? Keep stock of your most popular phones, (it's the only one the rep wanted to sell) AND be truthful about your shipping method if you have no stock on hand.

• Kudos for your post! I cannot believe the lies I've been told and the run-around I received in dealing with Verizon after being a customer for many, many years. This company's misrepresentations are criminal!

• Lo
    LogicUser Jul 20, 2016

why would you buy a phone you havent seen

• Ak
    AKC1971 Jul 13, 2016

If i want to get out of that contract just call verizon and tell them the person who used that phone died. They will disconnect it and wai e the ETF. End of story.

• Do
    dolfo52 Jul 13, 2016

i have been with vzw for about 4 yrs, at first it was great, good service, good phones, my wife and i upgraded, we each got a motorola flip phone, we just use as phones and i might text a bit, i had 4 lines, i tried to help 2 friends and they stuck me, so i got their handsets back, and i suspended service on those two lines paying 9.99 a month for each.after 6 months my moto started giving me big problems, they replaced it 5 times with certified like new phones, finaly they offered me a upgrade to a samsung convoy, with mail in rebate it costs me nothing, it was great, then after 7 months this phone went bad also, im on disability for my back, the phone sets on a table, im 58 so im not dropping it or mistreating it, after 4 replacements certified like new, they offered me a lg accolade, not new, not certified like new, it was bought new and returned within the 14 days because the origanal owner did not like it, so they sent it to me, to replace the bad samsung, but they did a upgrade without me knowing, and it was not a new phone.one of my suspended numbers contract ran out, they continued to bill me for it, i had to call and then they took care of it.then my wifes number contract was up so we switched her contract to my other suspended account and let her contract expire, they switched the numner but made it a new contract, why?i just wanted to get back to only two lines, but what they did was wrong, i have all my paperwork, i requested a copy of their paper work, and im going to take them to a attorney, they screwed me on the contract, they sell the bottom line phones so you have to upgrade, .on my suspended lines, i callesd in oct, 2009 and asked how much for the etf for these 2 lines, one was 40.00 the other was 80.00, so in feb 2010 i called and was informed the cost was now 80.00 and120.00, they went up.i have been nice when i call and i thought they appreciated me as a customer.i guess i was wrong.

Josef Chodur Jun 21, 2016

I am with Verizon for over 7 years. I have had different bundles over time, never the international calls. I was not aware, that it would be possible to call internationally since I specifically rejected their offer and they did not bother to disclose, what happens if somebody in house actually dials some European number. It did not happened in all seven years until now. Next day, i was informed, that somebody called from our number internationally, call lasted 21 minutes and I would be charged $107. Service from hell finally came from stealth existence. I could not understand, how that was possible. They suggested blocking that service which I agreed with and requested it. Now they are telling me about being exposed to criminally insane charges. Something I do for 2.7cents/min they gave me for over $6/min (whole cost with surcharges and taxes was over $130). How something like this could pass the test of so many government agencies is beyond my understanding. FCC and California Public Utilities Commission missed this or are participating? I requested these charges to be removed based on Verizon failing to inform me about it and basically setting me up to suffer financial damage. Service like this should have a warning before completing the connection or be blocked by default, if they really cared about good service and their customers protection. Unethical is very mild word to describe Verizon policies. Their customer service would not insists that I have to pay, it is their policy. Somehow word policy is getting nasty connotation in Verizon. Avoid Verizon, they have policies deliberately designed to damage their customers.

• Pi
    Pixley Jun 16, 2016

I had an online discussion with Verizon Internet Support. They checked the speeds and agreed it was a problem. Nothing has been done! I am getting 1/2 of the speed that I pay for! I feel that I should only pay for what I get. Started to get much slower around May 31, 2016. It is now June 15, 2016. I would like a refund applied to my bill please. Or charge me according to what we get for speed here. I pay $34.99/mo for a below par service and get no answers. Very frustrating!

• Me
    Mercedes Santana Jun 15, 2016

I used to have an HTC Thunderbolt cell phone that after three months started acting wacky, deleting apps, & pics and dropping calls. I had insurance so I called Verizon and was told they don't make the Thunderbolt any longer so perhaps I should consider upgrading. Verizon would "allow" me to upgrade four months sooner than I was scheduled for at a cost of $30. I picked out a Motorola Ultra, and was told by the Verizon rep that I should not get the Ultra, but should pick the "Mini". He said I would love the phone. I got it in two days and found I did not like the small keyboard. I called Verizon and was told I could go to any Verizon phone to return it and pick out a phone I like (at my cost of course & a restocking fee of $35.00) I purchased a new Motorola Ultra cell phone for $199. and within three weeks, the sound went out. I called Verizon and they said they would send out a replacement phone at no extra charge to me. I specifically asked if it would be a new phone and was told yes. When I received the replacement phone it was "LIKE-NEW Certified". When I called to complain, I was told I was only entitled to a new phone if I called within 14 days of my initial purchase. To add insult to injury the phone they sent me has two nicks on the back cover. I told the Verizon rep, if I purchased a dining table with a nick on it, the company I purchased it from would have to send me a new table as a replacement not one that was re-conditioned, this at least made the rep agree with me, but I am still stuck with a "LIKE-NEW" phone. Some customer service!!!

• Ob
    Obelmega Jun 08, 2016

After repeated phone conversations and promises from Verizon to call back (which never happened), when problem was resolved. I had to threaten that I will take the account elsewhere, if problem was not resolved, they finally worked on the problem and resolved it.

• Wo
    Wormena Jun 08, 2016

How about me? i go to work and dont sit at a desk with a phone. Other companys have 24-7 service. this is the worst when a utility company puts a charge on your bill and you cant get through to customer service.

• Va
    Vachkov Jun 08, 2016

Verizon began billing me for someone else's tv service back in the fall of 2007. The tv service wasn't even available to me, but my phone and internet bill began having tv charges. This has gone months and Verizon cannot fix it. I continue to be charged for someone else's account, so my account always looks like I owe money -- which I do not. I pay my portion of the bill every month and call every month to ask them to fix it. The reps who answer the 800 number have no idea what to do. I emailed customer service to tell them I could not get help through the 800 number and they emailed me back telling me to call the 800 number. I have spent hours and hours waiting for reps on the 800 number who cannot help me. Worse, when the tv was finally available in my area, I ordered the tv service and my order was canceled by Verizon because they had an order for another customer at my address (I live in a single family home) and despite five calls to the 800 number to tell them that their repeated phone messages to confirm Ken Phillips service at my house (have no idea who Ken Phillips is, but this was the order they had that canceled my order), they still showed up at my house on the day of Ken Phillips order and did not show up on the day of my order --- even though 3 different reps told me they had canceled Ken Phillips and reinstated me. Then I had to get back in line and wait an additional three weeks for the tv service. But guess what? I am still being billed for the time when I didn't even have the tv service! I am at my wits end and thinking I should just transfer to Cox.

• Sv
    Svalle Jun 08, 2016

For shareholders of this company, I would be concerned about the lack of customer service, commitment to provide a quality product, knowledge of support desk personnel, and follow-through to ensure problems are resolved. Although the stock posted impressive 3rd quarter earnings, the lack of being able to provide a high degree of customer service and satisfaction will eventually be a challenge to the Corporation.

As a customer of Verizon, I have experienced endless hours on hold or working with the help desk and my problems are still not resolved (first call was on 10/15/08). I am also a shareholder and was concerned that eventually the lack of commitment to ensure quality of service would inhibit the future success of the Company. For the above reasons, I liquidated my Verizon stock position and will look to reinvest with another communications company with higher standards.

• Tr
    Trac Jun 08, 2016

I had it for two months with no problem but then it dropped every few days. I contacted Verizon many times and after 10 days out of the month with no DSL they still wanted to bill me full price. Escalated my claim and got out of the contract with no penalty but they acted like it was a favor to allow me to go with a service that actually worked. Been with SimTouch DSL for 3 months now problem free and hoping it stays that way.

• Valerie Jun 08, 2016

Verizon messed up my bill 4 months out of 12. I paid in full each time I received the bill, but called to discuss and expected a correction the next month.

Each time I called, the land line department blamed it on the wireless department, and vice versa. More than once, they 3-wayed me with both departments.

Thought it was straightened out, then out of the blue, I get a bill stating almost $200 due immediately or they would cancel service. When I called about that, knowing I had paid all they asked, they said they had credited me uncorrected about 5 months earlier and now they wanted their money back.

I cancelled all services with them and went to Comcast. Began paying the due bill in payments, then someone who identified herself as from Verizon called about the balance, told her making payments. She said as long as payments were being made, it was ok.

Next thing I know, I was turned over to a collection agency and now have a "paid under collection" status on my otherwise perfect credit report. Verizon refuses to correct the credit report saying it wasn't their error. ???? It was numerous repeated errors from their company that started the whole mess to begin with!!!

• Ru
    Russ-sally Jun 08, 2016

verizon cellphone prom buy 1 get 1 free is a scam & ripoff. Talked to verizon several times on phone & by email & was told rebate would take from 15 days to 10 weeks to process. verizon will not know anything more about me or my rebate in 10 weeks than they knew the day I bought my phones. verizon will drag their feet on processing & applying my rebate so they can send me a higher monthly bill with rebate not applied.

Sandra Jeske Jun 03, 2016

I do not receive service at my home address 6488 Marina Drive Algonac, MI 48001.
    I have notified via e mail Verizon customer service that I will not pay for a service that I do not receive.
    My calls are poor quality and all are dropped . I have asked verizon to call my phone and verify the quality. I want out of my contract with out penalty and I refuse to pay my current balance. I visited a service center a few months ago in St, Clair Shores, MI and reported the problem, I was told that the problem would be corrected with in two weeks. The problem has not been corrected. I refuse payment and informed Verizon that they are welcome to shut off my phone as it is of no use anyway.

Sandra Jeske

Mark Free Feb 02, 2015

I am having the same issue. My contract was fulfilled and they still cannot get my account cancelled. I first tried in August. In October they tried billing me, I got a rep on the phone and tried again. Then in early January I got calls from a collection agency. Once again the phone rep said it was done. Jan 30 I get another call. I am getting an attorney to fix this. My credit, perfect for 40 years has a ding on from these idiots.

• 20
    2020 Nov 08, 2014

My mom is in her 80s. We thought she needed a cell phone just in case she could not get in contact with anyone. We had 4 cell phones in our family and just added a phone line to our account with a 2 year contract. Well right away she did not want the phone and never used it. We had to live out the 2 year contract or pay hundreds of dollars to disconnect the line. The people at the Verizon store told me that we could disconnect the phone online. So when the 2 year contract was up in June, I thought I disconnected the line. But I actually only did it for 3 months and then it came back on in September. We did not want the phone reactivated. We were charged $30 per month starting in September. I just got the line cancelled on Tuesday and want my $60 back. They told me they cannot credit me the $60.00. I did not cancel the line in June. Only disconnected it for 3 months. The website online did not tell me that the phone would be turned back on in September. I have spoken with 3 different supervisors who all say the same thing. We cannot refund your money. That is not our policy and if we did it for you then we would have to do it for everyone. That is not right! They don't even care if we go to a different phone company. What kind f service is that??? Why would someone say that to a loyal customer? If I could I would change phone companies. But we would owe too much money and they do have the best service. Just the worst customer service. Don't they realize that we are the ones that keep them in business??? What happened to "the customer is always right?"

JoelSHirschhorn Aug 24, 2014

I hate Verizon, especially now that their utterly useless home page keeps coming up on our FIOS tv screens. I have repeatedly used their system to disable the page to no avail. Even turning off the promotions on the settings seems to have no impact. So very easy to hate Verizon.

• Ri
    rickpp Aug 11, 2014

Verizon employees are told to remind everyone that they're the #1 wireless company. Someone must be asking the wrong people - as they are terrible.
    Wireless supervisors are instructed to give only the fax or address for people that haven't had their issues taken care of by wireless staff - which is ridiculous.
    Here are two telephone numbers that worked today 8/11/[protected] and [protected], with these numbers you'll find people that apologize for the horrible service and waiting long periods to speak to someone - but they are still employees that are taught to avoid fixing issues, helping customers quickly - but they will finally get you to the right person - and it will be much faster than dialing 611 on your cell. Good luck in dealing with these clowns, I'm planning on changing cell carriers as soon as my contract is up

• Sc
    Screwed by Verizon Wireless Jul 24, 2014

Verizon Wireless has blatantly lied to me in their Huntington Beach Store as well as their phone customer service.
    When I purchased my smart phone in the HB store they told me the cheapest way to get it was bundling with another phone - that the price would be substantially less. Almost one year later I found out that this was a blatant lie - it was not cheaper - it was more expensive. Then after several calls to customer service I was told that the phone could be disconnected without a disconnect fee. Now I find out that they are charging me for the disconnect fee. This is on a phone that I only took because I was told it would save me money on my other phone - only to find out otherwise.. One of their customer service people told me that "unfortunately store staff do stretch the truth sometimes to get points during a promotional campaign". The person in the store told me "just put the extra phone in your closet - it will save you money in the long run - it is a great promotion." Lies Lies Lies Unfortunately the same thing happened to a friend of mine at the same store. Now that I have escalated my complaint they are REFUSING to take the disconnect fee off of my bill saying :you signed a contract:" A signed a contract after being verbally lied to by one of their employees - then I was told by one of their customer service staff there would be no disconnect fee and now they are not honoring their own customer service staff promise. Shame on you Verizon. Your ethics are non existent!

• Re
    Ren Hoeker Jun 16, 2014

Completed contract in March, and called to terminated service. Cells phones were deactivated at that time, as was my online verizon account. I have continued to be billed. I have called many, many times. At the completion of every conversation with a customer service rep, I am assured that the matter has been handled to my satisfaction. When the next billing cycle rolls around; a new bill arrives. Something unethical is going on with this company, and I am not sure what to do next.

• Th
    Thirumalesh Bhat May 14, 2014

I changed our family cellular plan of 4 lines with 700 minutes shared on May2, 2014 after several years.
    My intention was to change to the new all share plan with unlimited time, unlimited text, and 2 GB shared.
    While changing in my windows mobile phone, I was misled and ended up with a wrong plan unintentionally. The website was confusing. I realized something had gone wrong.

After a few hrs, I called Customer Service about this. The error was fixed to the correct plan I desired.
    However the billing I received after a few days showed $371.xx, way more than correct amount. The bill was in error, having charged me for the mistaken plan which lasted only a few hrs. The correct amount should have been about $255.xx. I called Customer Service several times to get this corrected and was told I could be given credit for $30 once, $60 once and that the manager would call me and correct the bill. BUT nothing has happened and the bill remains the same. In short Verizon Customer service and website require big improvement. The website plans should be easier to navigate, especially in mobile sites. The Customer Service should take care of valid complaints and not frustrate customer. I have experienced a frustrating response from Verizon. Thanks for posting and any help.-----Thirumalesh Bhat (proof can be submtted if required)

• Th
    Thirumalesh Bhat May 12, 2014

I have been a VZ subscriber for many years. On May 2, 2014, the last day of my billing cycle I tried to change my4 line family wireless plan from the previous 700 min share plan with total bill of about @203 monthly to ALL SHARE PLAN with 2GB and unlimited voice and text.
    While I changed in mobile site early morning I was confused by what happened. I discovered something had gone wrong.
    I called Customer Service same morning after a few hours, and the plan was changed to the desired plan. However when I received the bill after a few days there was a large bill for $371.
    Verizon Wireless has not corrected the plan directly and had billed me about $120 over by charging for the accidental mistake which existed for only for few hours like six.
    I called Customer Service several times and was refused the full correction. I was given several verbal promises like $30, or $60 or the supervisor will call me. But I have not seen any cooperation from them to correct the bill without hassle and the bill still stands at $371.
    The correct bill amount should be about $256 plus minus $5 at most.

My bill due date is May 28, 2014.
    I am planning to pay only the correct amount.
    I have to say they have given me plenty of frustration and DISSERVICE instead of being fair and providing SERVICE.
    Thanks.