Complaints & Reviews

Verizon Wireless Storesnasty staff and rotten equipment

A fellow named Keith Atkins is manager of this, the worst Verizon store I've encountered in four states of service. Not only is he dismissive and rude to customers, he also runs a staff that can't ever seem to even apologize for selling equipment so defective you have to return it again and again. Heaven help me when I actually dropped one of their phones in water. Keith literally threw the pamphlet at me showing all the steps to get another one...AS IF I hadn't paid for the insurance and their outrageous phone plans, AND had to go through their ridiculous insurance process to get a replacement. (REALLY, you need me to FAX you my driver's license?) which NEVER seem to meet the needs. WHERE ARe those plans posted anyway? There seem to be a million of them and what you get depends on which "service rep" answers the phone.

I'd love to bag the plan but can't get a clear story on what it will cost me to quit these creeps.

I'm sure there's a class action suit just sitting out there, waiting for all of us unsatisfied custoers to join.

Verizon is riding pretty high and it's employees must think they're untouchable. But even big trees fall. And so will these idiots, if we just keep up the pressure.

Or file suit. Let me know if anyone has anything going on along those lines.

I went through the trouble of filling out their online customer service form...twice. Don't bother.

Verizon Wireless — horrible verizon in store customer service

I switched to Verizon over two years ago from AT&T I heard it had excellent technical support and service. My...

Verizon Business Linesservice disconnect

Verizon has cost me thousands of dollars!!! Disconnected my service not once... But twice... All for a simple nuber move from one location to another. There "customer service" is a joke! There techs are rude and arrogant and they have no idea of what they are doing! I have spent a minimum of 30 hours on the phone with their customer service only to be left on hold, lied to and out right deceived. If anyone would like details... Please feel free to email me at [protected]@aol... If you choose verizon for your business, you are asking to lose your business!

Verizon didn't honor the unlimited data plan

I had an old Verizon Unlimited Data plan that I wanted to continue after it expeired. I recommitted in Feb 10'. I have now found out that because I exceeded 5g's of download that my service is reduced to dial up speed and I have been turned over to the fraud department. I used 6 g's the month before and 5.5 g's the previous month - that was all it took for them to reduce my service. Someone HELP - I do not see how this is leagl... Has this happened to anyone else? Do you know of anything that I can do?

Verizon Fios — installation, billing

When I switched to Verizon FIOS from DSL, the installing technician plugged the "box" into a fluorescent...

Verizon Double Bundleverizon welshes on netbook promo

Verizon welshes on netbook promo (June 2010)

In February I received a cool telemarketing promotion from Verizon: a Compaq netbook or Flip camcorder for upgrading my current (slow) Verizon Internet DSL service to 3 Mbps and "double bundling" it with my current Verizon voice telephone service. I accepted this voice+DSL "double bundle" upgrade from Verizon, but I didn't get it in writing. BIG MISTAKE.

I had no written copy of promotion terms, but I managed to google up a 2009 Verizon press release on its website, which says:

"Existing Verizon voice customers who add either the up-to-3 Mbps or up-to-7.1 Mbps High Speed Internet service will receive their choice of a Compaq Mini netbook for $99.99 or a free Flip Ultra camcorder. These promotional offers continue though August 15." **

I called Verizon customer service the next day to confirm whether this promo was still in effect (it was) and whether upgrading and switching to Verizon's "double bundle" made me eligible for the Compaq netbook. I was again told that my new service bundle and upgrade made me eligible, that the netbook would cost $99 (plus shipping), and that I had to maintain my new service bundle for at least 60 days, when Verizon would notify me how to get the promo "coupon" for the netbook. I didn't tape record this telephone conversation. SECOND MISTAKE.

In June, after 90+ days of Verizon's higher double-bundle bills, and still no coupon notice, I called Verizon's "promotions" department [protected]). But now they said the promo was only for NEW Verizon Internet customers, and not for current voice customers upgrading DSL service in a new service bundle. I told them I had already qualified for the Compaq netbook under the terms of Verizon's press release -- I read them the relevant part above -- and that I was only inquiring about their late coupon delivery.

My call got bounced among Verizon's "billing, " "retention, " and "promotions" departments. Finally, Senior Representative "Oscar 4674" (no public last name) came on the line. Our conversation did not go well: He denied that I was ever offered the netbook promotion ("no such note in our system"). He refused to look at Verizon's press release cited above. When I tried to read him just the relevant part above, he began talking so loudly he couldn't hear me. When I tried to give him the location of the press release on Verizon's website, he refused to take it down saying "the URL is too long." I offered to mail him a copy; he wouldn't give his last name.

It all reminded me of the little kid who covers his ears and yells to avoid hearing something unwelcome.

I wish I had talked to "Oscar 4674" before signing up for Verizon's double bundle. I'd be interested to learn of any current Verizon voice telephone customer like me who has actually received a netbook.

WHAT I LEARNED: Verizon telemarketers and customer service people may talk a good game, but you cannot rely on their verbal assurances. Always ask for (and review) written copies of Verizon promotions. Although Verizon says it records people's calls "for quality control, " you should check with an attorney before doing likewise.

** "Verizon High Speed Internet Experience Better Than Ever With Broadband Deals That Offer Cool Electronic Devices. Compaq Mini Netbook or Flip Ultra Camcorder Free to Qualifying Customers Who Choose Voice and High Speed Internet Bundles; Price Guarantee Extended for Non-Bundled High Speed Internet Service" (June 22, 2009) <http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2009/verizon-high-speed-internet.html>

In case Verizon's press release disappears from its website, I have posted a copy on Google Buzz:
        <http://www.google.com/buzz/102107151027007380724/ZxNJgg9Ycxw/Verizon-Verizon-High-Speed-Internet-Experience>

• Dp
            dporpentine Jul 18, 2010

I'm having the same problem. I've attached a screen grab of the main offer page--you'll see there are no exclusions of the sort they claimed there were--and I have PDFs of all the offer pages as well. There's no small print that excludes you or me. It's just a flat out ripoff.

Whitefence / Connectverizon — the service rep just don't know anything.

I tried to setup our new house telephone and internet service via WhiteFence. I asked the rep to have my...

Verizon Wireless — data plans

Hears to you mr. Money sucker... A verizon wireless online pre-sales specialist has joined the chat. You are...

Verizon & Direc Tvdouble billing

Two years ago my dad had Direct TV and then got a sales pitch for Verizon's Triple Plan which included VIOS TV. The installer removed the Direct TV equipment and must not have made it clear that dad had to cancel the service. His Verizon bill had always include D-TV and was higher now but he never understood the bill and that he was paying for two TV providers. Now we want to get him a refund ($1800) for service he never used. Any suggestions? Tried making calls, a waste of time. Bundled billing is not fair for the elderly.

Verizon Fiosworst customer service - technical support

Don't order Verizon FIOS, unless you can be without service for a prolonged period when things go wrong. The service was great in the beginning, but then our TV started to loose sound and would only recover when restarting the FIOS box. We called technical support and they told us there was something wrong in our area, and it would be fixed soon. This went on for months, until we returned from a week long vacation to find that we had no service at all. We called technical support and they said they would send someone out the next day. The technician came out after we waited the through the full 4 hour window, and told us he could not fix the problem and would have to return. He explained that the fiber running to our unit was improperly installed, it was being pinched and had finally been severed by the clamp that was pinching it. The next day we called verizon, after we had waited for the entire morning without so much as a phone call. They assured us someone was coming. We called 2 more times over the course of the entire day, with no contact from Verizon. The last customer service representative we spoke to on that day told us at 7pm EDT that should be out and she was calling the local Alexandria office. She was atleast kind enough to leave a message on my cell phone saying that she was unable to reach anyone there. We woke up the next morning still serviceless and called tech support again, only to be told that someone was for sure coming out at 3pm. You guessed it, 3pm rolled around and no technician had contacted us or come. I called Verizon, only to find out that they had scheduled another window from 1-5pm! Can you believe these people. So here goes another day of me taking off to see if I am stood up. How many of you are willing to bet they show up (after the track record so far)... If you are thinking about ordering this service beware of this ordeal. I'm going for another internet and cable provider as soon as I can!!

Verizon Fios — 30 day guarantee? no way

I am writing this letter in order to protest what I consider business practices by Verizon FIOS which must be...

Verizon employee changed information for her friend

My X was using a phone under my account and had no accesss into my account. Until a friend of his that works at Verizon faked a call to me and took a line out of my account and opened up a phone line using my SS#. I called Verizon reps out of State who documented it as Fraud and gave me my line back. The girl is still working at the store and I feel that my account info. can be messed with that could cause financial or physical hardships to me. I'm also being harrassed and threatened by my X.

Verizon Wirelessmisleading

I purchased the Verizon Air card after seeing all the hype on TV about how great it was.
                After the purchase I got home and open the instructions and they states there was a 5.10 gig limit, any extr was.05 per meg

Had I know this I would not have purchased, my last bill for 7 days of service was $271.00 they said I used 9.0 Gigs. I find that hard to believe.
                When I was with ATT my monthly Payment never exceeded $65.00

This is a ripoff and the FCC needs to be contacted,

Verizon Fiosfraudulent billing practices

Verizon Fios is apparently charging customers for HBO/Cinemax and telling us its free on the initial ordering. They want you to prepay for your services, charge additional install/tech fees for having the cable on in different rooms. Doesnt matter if you already have coax cables in the room, verizon wants more money to turn it on. The custmoer service is the worst, takes hours to get someone on the phone and they are not open 24 hrs or weekends. Verizon Fios lied about the free laptop, never got it! was told the promotion expired a day before I called. Verizon Fios has over charged me for movie packages I never ordered. To top it all off - they want a 2 year contract thatyou cant get out of unless you give them more money. Very money hungry company with no loyalty to thier customers. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON FIOS!!!

Joe Espindola Aug 15, 2015

I have never been so upset. I had a set top box installed a few moths ago. And a work order for internet speed increase was added 3 days after . Causing me to lose my contract bundle discount. I called customer service. And they would not help. I explained I never authorized changes to my account and the manger said the person that did the wor order did not notate the account. So needles to say now I'm stuck in a new 2 year contract with no discounts . I'm a victim of fraud by a installation tech trying to make extra money. And no one will help. I never authorized changes. And they can't tell me who placed the order. My next call is to the. Better business bureau and after my congress man this is fraud on a diffrent level.

• Hm
                      hmcd33 Jun 03, 2016

Since signing up with Verizon FIOS 3 years ago, we have had nothing but problems. The most recent problem caused me to just finally cancel my service with them completely today. In November of 2008, we signed a contract with them for a bundle package which was $99 (it included phone, internet, and tv). We didn't need the phone or want the phone but the customer service rep. told us it was cheaper to bundle all three together. When I asked her the price for just the internet and tv (since we didn't need the phone), she couldn't tell me the price. She just kept saying that it's cheaper do bundle all three.

A year later when we were no longer under contract, we called them and cancelled the phone (which we never used) and found out it was indeed cheaper to only have internet and tv. We had also cancelled some premium channels, and downgraded our internet speed to also save money. After that my bill (which I receive in an e-mail and it does not disect the charges, but just provides one total amount) went down significantly. However, this month (September 2010) our bill went up dramatically to over $200, so I logged online to look at why and noticed that we were being charged for HBO/Cinemax and Epix which we had had free for 3 months on a promotion. So, I went online to try to cancel those premium channels myself and noticed something that showed we were being billed for the phone still. I called them to make sure I was reading that correctly. The agent told me that yes, we were still being billed for the phone. I asked her to please pull up the notes from the phone call my husband made to them back in November (10 months prior). She pulled up the notes and admitted that the notes said he did call to cancel the phone, but they never cancelled it. So, we had been billed for the phone service for the past 10 months.

She put me on hold then got back on the line and said her supervisor authorized her to credit us for 3 months for the phone, but that was it. As that was unacceptable, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She placed me on hold FOR 30 MINUTES before a supervisor finally got on the line with me. He told me that he could not credit our bill at all, not even for the 3 months that the customer service rep had said they could do. I explained that he was basically telling me that if you steal something from someone and then a year later the person notices that you stole from them and you respond that it's too bad you should have noticed sooner, so I'm not giving back the items I stole. So, VERIZON basically steals from its customers and then says TOO BAD YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTICED SOONER!

THEY ADMITTED THAT WE CALLED TO CANCEL THE PHONE SERVICE 10 MONTHS AGO AND THEY NEVER CANCELLED IT, BUT BASICALLY TOLD ME THAT SINCE WE HAD BEEN PAYING FOR THE PHONE SERVICE FOR THE PAST 10 MONTHS, THEY WOULDN'T CREDIT MY ACCOUNT!!!

I cancelled our services completely with Verizon and will not be going back! VERIZON SUCKS!

• Ro
                      Rob Jun 03, 2016

I have a really long story I could tell you about FiOS and their billing. I could give you all the details, but I want to get straight to the point. If you value your time, you will NOT sign up for FiOS services. I called them 15 times in 12 months regarding all sorts of billing problems, and canceling FiOS only made things worse. I am still getting billed. It never ends. I hate you verizon... your lack of organization fringes on customer abuse and negligence.

• Em
                      EMPLOYEEOFCABLEVISION Jun 03, 2016

I wish the best to all the verzion customer i get so many customer a day that say im gonna switch to FIOS there service is 94.99 everything included which I know is a BIG FAT LIE but they dont seem to believe me when i tell them EVERYTHING they'll be getting and you know what everyday my company gets THOUSANDS of customer who come back to us WHY cuz they SUCK THERE BILLING SUCKS ITS NOT 94.99 ITS MORE TECH SUPPORT IS MORE HD IS MORE DVR IS MORE ANTI VIRUS IS MORE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR SERVICE THAT RUN'S UP YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL HAHAHAHAH

Verizon Wireless Air Card & Servicefaulty air card, unfair bills, ruined credit

I purchased an Air Card March 3rd, 2010.
                    The Air Card stopped working March 17th, 2010.
                    I wasn't able to get a refund because I didn't have the box.
                    I couldn't exchange it because the Verizon reps at the Mall did not believe that the card was a problem.
                    I returned consecutive times and one of those I went to the Apple Computer store, tested it with their computers. The card did not work.
                    I returned with prove of this to the Verizon Reps and only then they exchanged my Air Card for a new one, which did not work either.
                    Prove of this is that I haven't used a single data bit since March 17th.
                    I canceled my account but I continued to get billed.
                    I thought perhaps this was some kind of mistake because I was assured my account was canceled.
                    I wasn't given a printout of my cancellation. Everything at the Verizon Kiosks is verbal and
                    I had to pay the bill today, which became overdue and now my credit has been negatively affected, and yet a new bill that was going to be due by the 29th. I had to pay both.
                    I need for Verizon Wireless to refund the money I had to pay today for SERVICES - NOT- RENDERED
                    AND a refund for the Air Card that hasn't worked for me, neither the exchange card worked for me.
                    Furthermore I was made to wait 35 min for the exchange card, until the serv rep would bring it from the storage room, I had to make several visits just to get an exchange that in the end didn't work. I have been through a lot, wasted a lot of my time, and money. Verizon Wireles should refund money if their services are not used and their devices don't work. It's only fair. http://twitpic.com/1rogqt

faulty air card, unfair bills, ruined credit

Verizon Wirelesscustomer service/billing

In 2007 I lost my job, 2 days after I purchased a home. To avoid losing my home, I took a job making $20k less than my previous job. I took on a part time job so I could pay my bills. During this time I decided I no longer needed my Verizon Cell Phone. I had no reception in my home, so it only made sense. I called Verizon and cancelled my service and was subject to a very large fee. I knew I couldn't pay it all at once and was told by the Customer Service rep, that I could make payments on my account.

I made payments on my account when I could. During this time I also disconnected my Direct TV and was paying their $400 fee and I also had a major health issue that caused me over $3600 in medical bills.

After a few months, I was sent to collections. I called the collection agency immediately and paid the balance in FULL. I asked if they could remove the charge from my Credit Report. They said yes, but then realized that the owner was still Verizon and told me I needed to contact them.

I contacted Verizon and was told it would be illegal for them to remove a valid account from my credit report, even though it is still showing a past due balance of the full amount. I was told by the representative today that it was reported acurately as of Nevember of 2009, however as shown on a credit report I have dated May of 2010...it is still showing past due.

At this point, they can continue to do nothing. I just want to make sure that everyone knows all about how Verizon Wireless treats their customers during hardships.

I paid my mortgage and paid my bills and cancelled services I could no longer afford, so that I didn't lose my home or become another statistic, and this is how I am treated.

All the other debts that were sent to collections due to my hardships have been paid in full as well and removed from my credit report. Verizon Wireless is the only company that refused and tried to tell me that if they removed it, it would be considered bartering, which is illegal. Why was it that everyone else was willing to help me remove something so it doesn't affect me for SEVEN years?

Thanks Verizon Wireless for all your help!

Verizon Wirelessbilling scam

I called Verizon Wireless to cancel service in January 2010. Was talked into just suspending my account. I was no longer under contract with Verizon. The agent convinced me to just to into suspended mode without billing...meaning that I would not be billed for 90 days. I called near the term of that period of time and was told that I had another 90 days I could leverage. I just wanted to cancel the service and not try to remember when to call back, but was once again convinced that it would be a good thing to just keep it suspended. Well now I have recieved a bille for two months of service!

Here are the facts:
                        1. I wanted to cancel when I originally called, but was switched into a suspended status
                        2. I was not under contract.
                        3. When I called back, they told me that I had another 90 days of suspended status
                        4. NO usuage has occurred on that line or phone since the original call in January.
                        5. They said that they sent a letter of re-activation, but I have not recieved that.

It just seems like such a scam. I am never late on payments with anyone, I do not lie, I do not cheat...but looks like Verizon does and gets away with it!

• Ge
                            geraldine mikula Sep 01, 2010

Nothing but trouble with wireless services. Verizon sent someone out, my services in house is good.
                            What ever is wrong is on verizon. I get tired of sitting two hours on the phone with someone in another
                            country, paying for something I don't have all the time. I am so unhappy with verizon. I'm
                            sorry I ever went with them. I had AOL and I never had all the trouble I have with you!

Verizon Wirelessfalse information/over charge

I spoke with not one but two Verizon representatives on 5/23/2010. One of our children lives near the Dallas area as his service with Verizon is spotty at best. We called to ask about porting his Verizon over to AT&T and both reps advised us that there would only be a $15.00 number change fee. We said go ahead and port the number over. AT&T called us and they changed the number over. Verizon told us it would take about 3-4 days and a rep would call us back to change the number to a local 903 number. I called back on 5/24/2010. I spoke with four (that correct) four seperate individuals, to inlcude 2 supervisors. All they kept telling me is that this was considered an early disconnect and we would be charged $200 early disconnect and then a $35 re-connect and then $15 number change fee. We have 5 lines and a wireless adapter with Verizon(mind you we were one the customers that were with ALLTEL that was forces to switch to Verizon when they merged). We spend $465 per month ($5580 per year) with this company and have been with the them for 5 years. Upon being on the phone for 1 hor 34 minutes and 19 seconds, I was advised that they did not care how much we spent and they were not going to wave the $200 fee. (even though that's not what I was advised by their reps the day prior) No mention of early disconnect, nor $200 fee ever happened. I asked numerous times for them to please listen to the recorded converstaion from the day prior, and I was advised that they were for training purposes only. Apparently, they do not care about their customers experience or business. Needless to say, we are now taking all of our business to a company that cares about its customers

• Wo
                              Wompa May 31, 2010

Every cell phone carrier has early term fees its been like this for nearly as long as cell phones one would think its common sense by now, however you prove that theory wrong.

Verizon Financial Group — scam lender

Guess if I had researched this more, I wouldn't be writing this, but... Applied for a loan online and...

Verizon — do not trust door to door sales people before doing your homework

The door to door people came to my house and tried selling me fios i thought i should do some my homework...