Complaints & Reviews

delays, billing

UPS at a glance.

After having about 2 - 3 parcels a month delivered to us we have the following everyone should know about UPS.

1) expect delays. the drivers don't bother leaving behind any notifications of "attempts of delivery". they refuse to come up to even give the parcels. expect your parcel to be delayed or returned, at your expense.

2) brokerage fees, extremely high. no more needs to be said. look at the other complaints and get a feel of the high dose they charge, be prepared to pay. (RMS is who they send after you if you don't, apparently we didn't pay a bill they sent; we're positive this bill was never received; most likely because they were too lazy to send it).

3) the customer service, try to schedule a pick up? nothing close by, since packages go to the main shipping centre for pick up, and not your local UPS (why bother opening stores everywhere?). want to wait for a package? sure, 9am - 9pm. they fail to realize people have a life to attend to, university, chores, and a job. oh and by the way, on many desparate days I had family wait at my place for the package to be recieved as they said it would be delivered the following day; that day, waited all day, UPS didnt arrive.

More references by other distressed UPS customers are found on Ebay Forums. How the company is functioning is beyond me.

ups delivery

I was returning merchandise through a pre-paid UPS package. I went to a staples shipping center. They took my package with my label and secured it properly by sealing it with the lable and tape.

The company I sent it too called and emailed me a few days later saying that the contents I sent wasn't the correct contents.
I use this company all the time. The contens should have been a Sprint Air-card for my laptop, instead the company received a package of Cotton Swabs. UPS Claimas that if the package wasn't opened or damaged then what I put in the package was incorrect, and it wasn't their fault. The first customer service person was trying to hurry me off of the phone because he said he couldn't wait for me to call the receiving company on another line. I wanted to get the both of them on the phone at the same time to work this out. However, the UPS customer service person was very rude and hung up.

Now, one might say that I may have plaec the wrong contents in the envelop. This didnt happen. i am being charged over 500 dollars to replace the card. Which should have only cost 90.00 I have no gain on doing this. The Air card has a tracking device, and the company is looking into seeing if it can be tracked.

It appears that there is some foul play when the card was dropped off by me with a receipt, and delivered by UPS.
The flaw is there is no way of telling the contents.

• Ra
    ravi Nov 22, 2008

please take action

• Ka
    Kathy Nov 23, 2008

I recently have had a "war" of sorts with UPS. Back in July, my husband ordered some shirts which never arrived. The company claimed they had delivered the items to our house on July 25 and a woman had received them. Funny thing is, we were out-of-state on that date and no one was at our home. Now, UPS will not deliver to our home because we had a claim. So either someone broke into our home for the sole purpose of taking those shirts and then left our home locked or the delivery guy delivered to the wrong house. I am sure it wasn't option "A" so that means we are being punished for the mistake of their delivery guy. My husband wrote to the company and their response was that we had a claim so things cannot be left unless someone is there to sign for them. Funny thing is, twice, the note on the door has said they tried to deliver when we WERE home. So it seems the delivery person is playing games with us. I tend to do a lot of on-line shopping over the holidays, but now won't be able to unless I want it delivered to my work and increase the workload of the frong office staff. Needless to say, I feel like the little guy doesn't every win!!!

• Sc
    scorpion Jun 09, 2010

You called, claimed the package was received by someone else, UPS tagged your residence so that no package could be left withOUT YOU signing for them, you either didn't answer the door when they knocked and/or didn't read the note on the door saying you could pick up the package at the customer counter, and you want to complain. Do you feel the slightest bit better knowing if you bought a diamond ring that the driver would not drop it off under your doormat knowing that the shirt snatcher would take it as well? RTFM or RTF N(note)

• Tr
    Trina Koch Sep 18, 2015

If you get the address wrong, they charge you full price AGAIN to ship it back? why you ask? Because if they don't "they don't make any money".

Brutal.

They said they called the recipient "over and over" but did not.

Scam.

• Il
    Ilitsa Mar 21, 2016

So I was happily awaiting some body wash and lotion from Bath and body works (Hey guys like to smell good, too!) The tracking left it saying it was left at my front door, which it wasn't. the driver tells customer service that they left it at the back door, it wasn't there. UPS CS then tells me it's not their problem.

• Tr
    Trooper95 Mar 31, 2016

I am a Senior Citizen and also am disabled. This outfit is enough to make you quit buying anything on line ! After I get done here I am calling Amazon and tell them I won't be ordering anymore, from them because UPS does nothing but lie and not deliver my packages that have been sitting there for 3 days ! I have had it and am also going to contact a Lawyer about being treated unfairly. This is a sad way of doing business. What are u people doing for work? You are lazy and do not want to do your job! See you in court !

• Al
    Allen Niles Jul 28, 2016

UPS driver left note that a 2nd attempt would be made to deliver next weekday. No attempt was made next day or the one after. Finally tracked package to their Access Point Gaithersburg, MD. There is no way to contact UPS to make a complaint. Do not use UPS.

• Wine Is Good Jul 28, 2016

Also, it is amazing what GOOGLE will show you if you look:

Holy Toledo Batman! It is a phone number to UPS.

• Wine Is Good Jul 28, 2016

The next weekday implies this was a Friday, making the next weekday a Monday. What day?

delivery sucks

An item was shipped to me via UPS. I received a note on my door the first day they attempted to deliver it(I...

drivers

I have visited my mother in Jasper, Indiana on several occasions. Each time I am in Jasper the same UPS man...

1 comment Huntingburg Other

terrible service

I paid for overnight shipping of a law book I needed for the following week. When the book didn't...

unauthorized billing

I wanted to fax some papers and May took them. Didn't answer my question about the price. Just faxed them and told me I owed them 14.50. Plus, when I questioned the price. She told me she'd be happy when I left the store. If you want to be mistreated, yelled at or over charged just go to 5546 Camino Al Norte North Las Vegas NV. store # 2504 and have May or the owner help you. And your sure to get mistreated. Also if you just want to mail a letter. Don't go there they, curse at you for using there mailbox.

ups sucks!

it takes them more than 2 hours trying to find a package which is just returned, but they failed! UPS services sucks!

discrimination against customer

I was told that I was one of three out of 50 seasonal workers to be called back for a permament part time...

damage to our property

I have recieved two deliveries in the last three weeks. During one of those deliveries, the truck driver backed into our basketball hoop. The backboard and bracket holding the hoop is damaged. The in ground pole was not damaged. The driver did not leave a note or or in any way notify us that he hit the basketball hoop and damaged it. Only a tall truck would be able to cause this type of damage. I will be pursuing remediation for this negligence.

• Da
    Daniel Flores Sep 08, 2014

Lucky for you the vehicle did not hit your vehicle, a UPS truck collided with my vehicle and was cited by the Police, I received a claim number but for over 3 weeks I have not had a call as to when my vehicle will be repaired.. I have left over 10 messages and nothing, just a recording, Also never, never use Liberty Mutual Insurance, they just won't return your calls. I guess UPS knows this and that is why they use Liberty Mutual, they know they wont pay of take forever

lost documents, poor customer service

During my relocation from Ontario to Alberta, my Ontario attorney sent important mortgage documents (signed by my wife, who hasn't moved yet) by UPS courier to my Alberta attorney for overnight delivery. To make a long story short, UPS has lost this package, and after nearly a week, are still unable to locate it. As a result I missed my closing date on my new home, and this has potentially scuttled the deal entirely. Repeated calls from myself and from both attorneys to UPS were not returned, and only after being cornered, did UPS admit that they had indeed lost the package. I worked for UPS years ago, and saw many of the shenanigans that went on there, from theft to wilfull destruction of packages, and had I known he was planning on using UPS, I would have forbidden my attorney from doing so.

Heed my warning: avoid UPS. They don't take proper care of your shipments, and don't like to help when something goes wrong.

Don't do business with these spoiled, petulant brats.

• Da
    david Mar 06, 2009

I agree with you totally...UPS is the worst...the charge up the ### and offer very little or anything service...It has been six days and no information on my package whatsoever...it just says billing information received...this is a ground shipment from california to canada

• Na
    Naz - SA Dec 13, 2010

I too agree to these complaints! I don't know what to do! I have a friend in Canada who I purchased the Apple Imac from, he used it like a few times, and I always wanted one, but it was too expensive for me to get a brand new one. Anyway getting to the point - I purchased the Imac and the Ipad, however after a week from the date it was supposed to be delivered, I called UPS only to be told that the package was at the South African Airport at the UPS office, frustrated I decided to drive there and pick up the package myself, upon arrival I was presented with just the one package (IPAD) and not the IMAC. They told me it hadn't left Canada and that I needed to contact them! I did so and basically no one could tell me where my package was, until they finally admitted that it hadn't left Canada and that they couldn't find it. It's now 3 weeks since my expected delivery and i have not heard anything, I have to keep calling on them! To make matters worst, I insured my package for the amount I was paying for the IMAC (although it's practically brand new with plastic covers and all) I sold my other laptop to buy this one, and I have nothing! The package is lost or stolen and still I haven't received any compensation or any correspondance with regard to this situation!!! I lost out $2800! I'm insured for only $1600. I transport goods all the time, but this is the first time I've had a package lost!

damaged package, missing items

I have complained twice to ups with regards to a damaged package delivered to me from an e-bay company. Package severely damaged, parts missing. I was told that I would be contacted by a ups representative to assess the damage. This has taken place over the last two weeks. I am still waiting for the person or persons who supposedly will assess the damage. I cannot believe that a company as large as ups would tolerate this type of behavior. It may be time for the powers that be to look at themselves and what their reaction would be to this type of treatment.

• Go
    gomakemeasandwich Jun 05, 2009

It sounds like at least part of the blame should be for the seller who actually packaged the items.

• Ic
    iclies Dec 02, 2009

I received a shipment from a US based firm. The package came in a bad shape and with one expensive item missing. Even the weight of the package as recorded by UPS upon pickup was 5 lbs more than what they delivered!! It was obvious that the package had been opened in transit and re-sealed. I have identified this before accepting the shipment and the UPS personnel said they will start an investigation. There is no way to track this "investigation", there's no case numbers. There's no way to see if its a real investigation or a imaginary one. I can't believe UPS is still in business. There should be accountability.

i'll never use them again

I will never again use UPS. I was supposed to receive a package last week and it didn't arrive I called to find out where the package was and found out the driver said the package had the wrong street and I confirmed the street and it was 100% correct. There was no ERROR! This was on Friday and UPS stated they were sorry and that I would receive the package on Tuesday. I waited around all day on Tuesday and still no package. I called them and I was told it was now a lost package and that they couldn't find it. Then after talking to two different supervisors I finally was told oh wait I have it right here in front of me. There was no explanation on why I didn't receive the package and to top that off I was told SIR if it really is that important why don't you just come here and pick it up. I then asked to talk to the complaint department and was told UPS doesn't have one.

This will be the last time I use UPS.

• Xi
    xiapata Oct 04, 2013

I too will never use them to ship, I had a $20 item shipped from U.S. to Canada, they wanted $387.82 for customs, didn't pay, went to service center in London ont, clerk there cleared up C.O.D, told me they cancelled it because wrong paper work was put on my item, finally received my package, all was done. Three months later UPS phones tell s me I owe them the money, explain story to them, give them name of clerk, name of center, to contact . They say they don't know how to contact their own centres, and I need to provide them this information. Two months later they send it to collection agency, who wants me to provide them this info, . If UPS can't get info from their own business, how would they expect me to.

claims check

MY luggage was shipped on 07/08/08 from UPS store #3532 scheduled to arrive on 07/10/08. However, first my...

slow refund policy for company errors

On October 24, 2007, while I was working out of town, my husband brought my computer to The UPS Store and...

don't use them

We live in NH and on May 17th we shipped 2 packages to our son's finance. We shipped them via UPS...

lost/found shipment

I shipped a handheld PDA from Dallas to my daughter at Texas A&M in College Station, TX (about 200 miles). It...

delivery

UPS delivered a box opened. I watched through the window as he dropped it off and I came out to deny delivery...

drivers are too lazy to get out of their trucks

Every time I have a package delivered by ups, they post "the receiver was unavailable to sign on the 1st delivery attempt. A 2nd delivery attempt will be made" in the tracking information of their website... Every single time!!! I work at home and they never even get out of their truck to ring my apartment ever!!! I have to call ups directly in order to get the package delivered, otherwise, the driver will continue to make no attempt to deliver and the package gets returned. Sometimes calling doesn't even work. One time I had to have a package rerouted because I could not be home on the final delivery attempt to sign and the driver left the package outside in a snow storm and did not ring the bell at that apartment either (In the middle of chicago)!!!

I detest ups... Detest ups... Detest ups!!! I feel like I have to work for ups to get what I order! Why don't vendors stop using ups!!! They are way more expensive than usps and they don't do what they are hired to do!!!

• Co
    Cody Sep 30, 2008

I have to say that I agree fully with this. I had taken a 10 minute nap in my living room before and in that 10 minutes they had come to drop off my repaired Xbox 360, but since they didn't bother to make an attempt to knock on the door (which would have caused my dog to bark and I surely would have woke up) they left a notice saying I wasn't home.
    Now I'm dealing with them again, I have $550 in computer hardware that has been in Des Moines Iowa for 2 days now. It hasn't been scanned or anything. I'm starting to think maybe one of the employees took the parts seeing as how my computer case has been scanned and is now on it's way to Chicago. Either way, I am going to ship with Fed Ex from now on I think. Unless USPS is an option for shipping. I am disgusted with UPS.

driver damaged my house with truck and insurance will not pay

On June 3 2008 UPS made a delivery to my house. In the process of leaving the driver drove through the branches of a tree next to my house. It had been raining and the branches were hanging low. As he proceeded into the tree a branch snagged on his truck and also on an overhead wire. The wire was attached to the side of the house. The wire was ripped down and siding was pulled from the house. Liberty Mutual, their insurer refused to pay for the damages saying it was an act of "Nature". After contacting my lawyer, he told me it was useless to sue them in small claims court as they would have it moved to regular court and a team of their lawyers would put me through "***". Evidently this is the way they treat all claims against them.

• Ri
    RITA C BENSON Oct 16, 2008

YESTERDAY A UPS TRUCK WAS DELIVERING A PKG TO A NEIGHBOR WHO WAS NOT HOME APPARANTLY HE WAS SPEEDING DOWN HIS DRIVEWAY AND KILLED MY DOG HE CLAIMS HE WAS DOING 15 TO 20 MILES HE IS A LIAR THERE ARE SKID MARKS ALL OVER MY NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAY HE BROKE MY DOGS LEG AND HIP UPS TRUCKS ARE A MENACE ON THE ROAD BECAUSE THEY SPEED ALL THE TIME I HAVE SEEN THEM.
    AT THAT SPEED HE COULD HAVE AVOIDED THE DOG THE DOG WENT UNDER HIS WHEEL BECAUSE HE COULD NOT STOP FOR SKIDDING HOW MANY OUT THERE HAVE SEEN SIMULAR SITUATIONS OUT THERE LIKE MINE I CALLED UPS TO COMPLAIN HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM THEM

• Co
    Colin Campbell Nov 20, 2008

UPS just killed my dog in CA today...driver said did not know that he drove over my 80lb dog...who drives a vehicle and cannot feel when they hit a bump. My dog was left dead and crushed on my driveway for me to come home to and then bury in my yard...do not let these guys on your driveway.

• Jd
    jdoe Feb 21, 2009

To the dog people, keep your dogs fenced in as you're supposed to for both your dogs and for other people. Courts will find you liable, not the drivers.

To the branches person, same thing. If your branches are hanging over your driveway, too bad. It's your responsibility.

JoeBlow Jun 01, 2009

UPS drops the package off 15 miles from my house, doesnt call and leaves a note in my mailbox about the package being delivered. Very frusterating, out of the last maybe 5 packages i've ordered, 4 were delivered to a store 15 miles from my house!

Also, I just payed for the overnighter last Friday, and Well its monday about 1 pm and I still don't know where the heck my package is.

• La
    larry sellman Nov 10, 2011

ups delivered me a package on 10-29-11 on his way out he hit my light pole trying to make a right hand turn ! i called my insurance company they told me to call ups i called them and told them what happen -they told me they would send someone out the next day -nobody showed up ! called again two days later they told me they would come out the next day no show ! came out the day after that, still trying to find away to said there driver didn't do it -even after the tire marks matched the marks on the pole took pictures -they try to make that same turn with out going across the line couldn't . never called me back it a week tomorrow when they came out. tracking # on package -1z3x29830391020593 what can i do to have ups pay for damage?? [email protected]

management

to all those that complain about UPS, 99.9% of complaints should go towards management. if you want to talk...