Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Colleges & Universities University of Phoenix [UOPX] Masters program and misrepresentation

University of Phoenix [UOPX] review: Masters program and misrepresentation

J
Author of the complaint
12:02 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello,

When I started my journey back to school it was just to get my associates degree in Accounting. Just turned 40 and wanted to complete my education. Got that certification and was asked about my plans from your representative and was convinced to continue on with my Bachelors. Good decision for that did put me where I wanted to go, so no regrets.

My regrets came later, when I was asked again what my plans were with my Bachelor and I stated was going to start preparing for the CPA exam. That is when I was convinced to continue on with the Master program. For that would prepare me to take the exam, and would have a much greater chance of passing it the first time around if I would go into the masters program. So I did.

My surprise came when I discovered that even through I had a Masters Degree in Accounting, it was basically worthless in the state of Texas. This I learned, when I registered to take the CPA exam. Apparently, in the state of Texas they frown on to much online learning. So I had to go back to school, which I did for a while, but did not complete the required classes needed to sit for the exam.

Now I know you have had some legal issue with your councilors not advising your students as they should, yet reviewing those requirement I do not qualify for this took place prior to those legal actions. But I do believe, my representative steered me in the wrong direction.

More University of Phoenix [UOPX] complaints & reviews

University of Phoenix [UOPX] - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements
University of Phoenix [UOPX] - failure to release financial aid information
University of Phoenix [UOPX] - rip off
University of Phoenix [UOPX] - what education?
University of Phoenix [UOPX] - dropped me because of hardship then garnished my wages
0 comments